|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 through 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
(a) He is to evade any Soviet ships he encounters.
(b) He is to engage any East Bloc warship or merchant ship.
(c) He is to call for reinforcements any time he encounters enemy ships.
(d) He is to follow any enemy ships he finds, but is not to attack them.
2. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
(b) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
(c) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
(d) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
3. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
(a) Military helicopters.
(b) Sophisticated fire extinguishers.
(c) Hundreds of firefighters and volunteers.
(d) A freak snowstorm.
4. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
(a) They pretend they do not speak English and go on their way.
(b) They say they fear escalating hostilities, and ask the Navy to help them in the event of an attack.
(c) They insist that they were off-course, and thank the Navy for bringing it to their attention.
(d) They say that they fear the heightened government tensions, and say that they are fleeing the country.
5. The Russians who control the air base are attacked by American planes. What do the American planes fail to destroy?
(a) The air field.
(b) The base's air terminal.
(c) Several runways.
(d) The flight command tower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
2. Four hovercraft are about to land on Iceland's coast. Why weren't they noticed by the Navy sooner?
3. Where does First Lieutenant Mike Edwards stay to monitor the situation at the air base?
4. What happens to the Pharris in chapter 27?
5. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)