|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 through 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
(a) That Russia intends to go to war.
(b) That Russia intends to continue their arms reduction.
(c) That Russia is in desperate need of financial help from other countries.
(d) That Russia intends to ask other countries for oil.
2. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
(a) NATO forces were ambushed and had to be left behind.
(b) Several planes are lost during the mission.
(c) NATO supply lines are compromised.
(d) Many troops are captured by the Soviets.
3. What do Alekeseyev and Sergetov conclude about the Russian offensive in Germany?
(a) The offensive is not going well.
(b) The Russians are capable of winning but need more weapons.
(c) The Germans are close to surrendering.
(d) The Russian offensive is going according to plan.
4. What causes the Russians to begin searching for Edwards and his men after the American attack on the Keflavik air base?
(a) They saw Edwards and his men when they left their original hiding place.
(b) A Russian patrol found their footprints near their hiding place.
(c) Edwards and his men were spotted while trying to signal for help.
(d) They believe someone is feeding information to the Americans.
5. While the Russian soldiers are looking for Edwards and his men, what happens to distract them?
(a) They are faced with an angry mob of locals.
(b) They find and shoot a deer.
(c) They recieve orders to relocate to a different part of the country.
(d) They are attacked by Allied planes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morris do to gain information from the Russian prisoners about the whereabouts of other vessels?
2. After Toland's ship is put out of commission by the Russians, where is he sent?
3. What is the full name of the captain of the Battleaxe?
4. Why does the captain of the Julius Fucik decide to take that course of action?
5. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)