|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 through 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
(a) The Soviets attack American forces.
(b) The Soviets launch missiles at American warships.
(c) The American satellites go down.
(d) The American government decides to scrap the operation.
2. What causes the Russians to begin searching for Edwards and his men after the American attack on the Keflavik air base?
(a) They saw Edwards and his men when they left their original hiding place.
(b) They believe someone is feeding information to the Americans.
(c) Edwards and his men were spotted while trying to signal for help.
(d) A Russian patrol found their footprints near their hiding place.
3. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
(a) Mistreating military recruits.
(b) Stealing and selling Russian weapons.
(c) Falsifying training records.
(d) Embezzeling military money.
4. What is the code name for the command to which Edwards reports?
(a) Boarding House.
5. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
(a) Mikhail Eduardovich Sergetov.
(b) Dmitri Shostakovich.
(c) Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
(d) Alexander Taneyev.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Russians who control the air base are attacked by American planes. What do the American planes fail to destroy?
2. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
3. Morris decides to treat the prisoners from the sunken submarine in a very unusual way. Why does Morris decide to treat the prisoners this way?
4. Morris and his new crew work with another ship to sink an enemy submarine. What is the other ship's name?
5. Where is the air base in Iceland?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)