|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 through 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
(a) A freak snowstorm.
(b) Military helicopters.
(c) Hundreds of firefighters and volunteers.
(d) Sophisticated fire extinguishers.
2. Edwards notes that Vigdis does not complain about having to move about in hostile territory. Why is this especially significant?
(a) Vigdis has never left her family before.
(b) Vigdis is pregnant.
(c) Vigdis has a wounded shoulder.
(d) Vigdis' leg is broken.
3. What code name is given to Edwards?
4. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
(a) The explosion destroyed their paperwork so the enemy can't get it.
(b) He showed bravery by being the last man out of the vehicle.
(c) He is very eager to begin fighting the Germans.
(d) He convinced the others to trust Chernyavin.
5. What happens to the Pharris in chapter 27?
(a) It runs aground on a sand bar.
(b) It hits an underwater mine.
(c) It's hit by a torpedo.
(d) It's bombed by a Russian fighter pilot.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the Pharris, Morris realizes that the loss of the Keflavik air base is more significant than he once anticipated. Why?
2. What is the name of the man who leads a mission that targets thirty-six bridges and Soviet troop support?
3. What is the code name for the command to which Edwards reports?
4. After Edwards loses his confidence in himself, he defers all decisions to what man?
5. Sergetov admits that he almost wishes that he had been present at the time of the attack. Why?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)