|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 through 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When McCafferty fires upon the Russian convoy, he saves a submarine crew from which country?
(b) The Ukraine.
(c) He didn't save a submarine crew.
2. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
(a) The Politburo used the funeral as an excuse to discuss politics publicly.
(b) One of the parents of the deceased made a scene.
(c) He feels responsible for the death of the children.
(d) Half of the people who knew about the attack were at the funeral.
3. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
(a) There was a riot over the lack of oil.
(b) There was an explosion at the Kremlin.
(c) Another oil refinery is attacked.
(d) An important government official is kidnapped.
4. What happened to O'Malley that makes him relate to Morris's grief about the death of his men?
(a) He himself lost two friends in an attack in Vietnam.
(b) O'Malley has recently lost several family members.
(c) He knows many other sailors who have lost comrades.
(d) O'Malley was on a ship near the Pharris during the attack.
5. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
(a) Commander Daniel X. McCafferty.
(b) Pavel Alekeseyev.
(c) Ibrahim Tolkaze.
(d) Major Chapeyev.
Short Answer Questions
1. What code name is given to Edwards?
2. The Russians who control the air base are attacked by American planes. What do the American planes fail to destroy?
3. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
4. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
5. What do Edwards and his men do with the bodies of the Russian soldiers that were killed in the farmhouse?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)