|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 through 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Five Russian soldiers die in the family's farmhouse. How are they killed?
(a) They eat poisoned food that the family gave them.
(b) Edwards and his men kill them.
(c) They get in a fight and kill each other.
(d) The family shoots them.
2. What are Edwards and his men told to do once they leave their hiding place?
(a) Stake out and observe an electrical plant.
(b) Hide in a nearby refinery.
(c) Sabotage the Russians' missiles.
(d) Try to regain control of the air base.
3. What happens to the Pharris in chapter 27?
(a) It's hit by a torpedo.
(b) It's bombed by a Russian fighter pilot.
(c) It runs aground on a sand bar.
(d) It hits an underwater mine.
4. On the Pharris, Morris realizes that the loss of the Keflavik air base is more significant than he once anticipated. Why?
(a) It means the Navy can not use any air planes.
(b) It allows the Russians to attack both by air and by sea.
(c) It means that the Navy can not contact their ships at sea.
(d) It allows the Russians to bring in reinforcements.
5. After Edwards loses his confidence in himself, he defers all decisions to what man?
(a) Commander Evans.
(b) Marine Sergeant Smith.
(c) Marine Corporal Davis.
(d) Navy Captain Booth.
Short Answer Questions
1. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
2. What does Sergetov tell the Politburo about the state of Russian affairs?
3. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
4. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
5. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)