|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 through 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
(a) They are angry that the Russian government interfered with the military.
(b) By being fearful toward the Russian government.
(c) By being more deeply committed to the Russian government.
(d) They are pleased that rogue officers were caught and punished.
2. What does Edwards warn command about the relocation to a safer place?
(a) The new location will be even less safe.
(b) His men are low on ammunition.
(c) It will take hours to make a short journey.
(d) His men are too exhausted to move.
3. McCafferty fires three torpedoes at a Russian convoy, but is unable to confirm a hit. Why?
(a) He is commanded to retreat.
(b) The Chicago is fired upon.
(c) His sonar is damaged.
(d) He is detected by the Russians.
4. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
(a) Mistreating military recruits.
(b) Stealing and selling Russian weapons.
(c) Falsifying training records.
(d) Embezzeling military money.
5. Four hovercraft are about to land on Iceland's coast. Why weren't they noticed by the Navy sooner?
(a) They were disguised.
(b) The Navy's radar did not see them.
(c) The Russians caused a diversion.
(d) They flew too quickly to be recognized.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morris do to gain information from the Russian prisoners about the whereabouts of other vessels?
2. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
3. What happens to the Pharris in chapter 27?
4. Why is it unsafe for Edwards to stay at his surveillance location?
5. What is the Russian Politburo?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)