|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 through 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is notable about the "terrorist's" statement that angers Toland's superiors?
(a) The man's story is full of holes and contradictions.
(b) The terrorist's story is too perfect.
(c) The man is too emotional about his story.
(d) There are no hard facts available about the attack or the terrorist.
2. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
(a) A plea for other countries to send Russia money and oil.
(b) A proposal for arms reduction.
(c) A proposal to build more oil refineries.
(d) Russia's strong military and financial wealth.
3. What happens at a local farmhouse when Edwards and his men prepare to ask for food?
(a) They are recognized and questioned by local police.
(b) They are forced to hide when a group of Russians questions locals about their whereabouts.
(c) Russians break in and brutalize the family.
(d) One of the men is shot in a Russian ambush.
4. Morris warns the crew of the USS Pharris that the ship's orders have changed. What does he tell them?
(a) No more drills will be conducted; their new mission is to track all enemy ships.
(b) Drills will continue to be conducted, but no one is to fire upon enemy ships.
(c) No more drills will be conducted; all calls to arms will be real.
(d) All personnel are to increase security and report any suspicious activity.
5. After Morris arrives in Boston, to what city is he sent?
(a) Norfolk, VA.
(b) Quantico, VA.
(c) Newport, RI.
(d) Tampa, FL.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the Pharris, Morris realizes that the loss of the Keflavik air base is more significant than he once anticipated. Why?
2. Toland observes that the Allied forces are capable of beating the Russians, but they must be able to do what first?
3. Why is O'Malley worried about Morris's ability to captain the Ruben James?
4. What marking will the Pharris receive that indicates that it has sunk a submarine?
5. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)