|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 through 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men that escape the sunken submarine are captured and taken on board the Pharris. How are they treated?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are well cared for, but they are separated from the rest of the crew.
(c) They are locked in a store room and given minimal food and water.
(d) They are tortured for information.
2. When American forces attack the Keflavik air base, how many American planes do the Russians take down in their counter-attack?
3. After the Russians have gained control of the air base, what is their one significant problem?
(a) Their commander was killed by a stray bullet.
(b) Their missiles are damaged by saltwater.
(c) Some of their weapons were lost during the battle.
(d) Their ship sank, and they are stranded at the base.
4. What is the Russian Politburo?
(a) Sixteen men who comprise Russia's Supreme Court.
(b) Twenty-five men who are in charge of Russia's military.
(c) Ten men who are responsible for Russia's energy production.
(d) Thirteen men who make decisions for Russia.
5. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
(a) They are now under new leadership.
(b) They think that Chernyavin is still in prison.
(c) They think that Chernyavin is working for the Germans.
(d) They believe that Chernyavin is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at a local farmhouse when Edwards and his men prepare to ask for food?
2. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
3. What causes the Russians to begin searching for Edwards and his men after the American attack on the Keflavik air base?
4. Morris and his new crew work with another ship to sink an enemy submarine. What is the other ship's name?
5. What happens to the captain that Morris replaces on his new ship?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)