|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 through 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Morris decides to treat the prisoners from the sunken submarine in a very unusual way. Why does Morris decide to treat the prisoners this way?
(a) It's to avenge the deaths of the soldiers the Russians killed.
(b) It's the safest way to get the Russians off the Pharris.
(c) It's the best way to gain information from them.
(d) It's to prevent the Russians from spying on the Americans.
2. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
(a) He is to follow any enemy ships he finds, but is not to attack them.
(b) He is to engage any East Bloc warship or merchant ship.
(c) He is to call for reinforcements any time he encounters enemy ships.
(d) He is to evade any Soviet ships he encounters.
3. What are Edwards and his men told to do once they leave their hiding place?
(a) Hide in a nearby refinery.
(b) Try to regain control of the air base.
(c) Stake out and observe an electrical plant.
(d) Sabotage the Russians' missiles.
4. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
(b) Red Storm.
(c) Black Night.
(d) Desert Storm.
5. Edwards notes that Vigdis does not complain about having to move about in hostile territory. Why is this especially significant?
(a) Vigdis has a wounded shoulder.
(b) Vigdis is pregnant.
(c) Vigdis has never left her family before.
(d) Vigdis' leg is broken.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this section of the book, Sergetov questions a Russian soldier who has returned from the front. How is the soldier related to him?
2. What is the Russian Politburo?
3. During Edwards's move away from his location, something happens that makes him ashamed of himself. What is it?
4. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
5. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)