|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 through 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
(a) He's excited to see that the Russians are taking steps toward peace.
(b) He's indifferent about the arms reduction.
(c) He's skeptical about their honesty concerning their disarmament.
(d) He's tense about the reduction of arms in the Russian military.
2. What happens to the captain that Morris replaces on his new ship?
(a) He has a nervous breakdown.
(b) He suffers from epilepsy.
(c) He collapses due to a bleeding ulcer.
(d) He dies in an enemy attack.
3. Why is it unsafe for Edwards to stay at his surveillance location?
(a) One of his men betrayed their position to the Russians.
(b) His location is never really dark because the sun never truly sets.
(c) The Russians locate their hiding spot during a security sweep.
(d) His location is too close to the Russians.
4. In this section of the book, Sergetov questions a Russian soldier who has returned from the front. How is the soldier related to him?
(a) He is Sergetov's son.
(b) He is Sergetov's nephew.
(c) He is Sergetov's brother.
(d) He is Sergetov's cousin.
5. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
(a) World War I.
(b) A German attack on Russia.
(c) Nuclear War.
(d) The Russian military.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toland's first order of business once he reaches safety?
2. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
3. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
4. What code name is given to Edwards?
5. Edwards notes that Vigdis does not complain about having to move about in hostile territory. Why is this especially significant?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)