|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 through 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the people who died in the attack on Russia, how many were children?
2. Edwards notes that Vigdis does not complain about having to move about in hostile territory. Why is this especially significant?
(a) Vigdis has never left her family before.
(b) Vigdis' leg is broken.
(c) Vigdis has a wounded shoulder.
(d) Vigdis is pregnant.
3. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
(a) They shut down nuclear reactors.
(b) They dismantle nuclear warheads.
(c) They fill torpedo tubes with concrete.
(d) They take apart Russian rocket-launchers.
4. Five Russian soldiers die in the family's farmhouse. How are they killed?
(a) Edwards and his men kill them.
(b) They get in a fight and kill each other.
(c) The family shoots them.
(d) They eat poisoned food that the family gave them.
5. What happened to Edwards's girlfriend?
(a) She left him for another man when he left to go to war.
(b) She committed suicide.
(c) She was raped and murdered at her University.
(d) She was killed by a Russian missile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Chernyavin after he is caught?
2. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
3. Morris warns the crew of the USS Pharris that the ship's orders have changed. What does he tell them?
4. Why does O'Malley, a member of Morris' crew, offer the credit for the submarine kill to the other ship?
5. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)