|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 27 through 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the message of the movie that was televised the night before the attack on the Kremlin?
(a) That Russians must be careful not to involve themselves in foreign affairs.
(b) That Russians must be ready to defend against a German attack.
(c) That Russians must disarm immediately to prevent nuclear war.
(d) That Russia's military is ready to fight any country if the need arises.
2. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
(a) Colonel Keith Oberhausen.
(b) Vice Admiral Richard Pipes.
(c) Commander Raymond Jarvis.
(d) Sergeant Chuck Meyers.
3. How does Morris communicate with the Russian prisoners from the sunken submarine?
(a) They use More Code.
(b) One of them speaks English.
(c) They use sign language.
(d) Morris speaks Russian.
4. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
(a) He's indifferent about the arms reduction.
(b) He's skeptical about their honesty concerning their disarmament.
(c) He's excited to see that the Russians are taking steps toward peace.
(d) He's tense about the reduction of arms in the Russian military.
5. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
(a) With a hand-grenade.
(b) With plastic explosives.
(c) With a rocket-launcher.
(d) With dynamite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new job is Morris given once he is back in the States?
2. On the Pharris, Morris realizes that the loss of the Keflavik air base is more significant than he once anticipated. Why?
3. What do Edwards and his men do with the bodies of the Russian soldiers that were killed in the farmhouse?
4. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
5. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)