|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Edwards and his men told to do once they leave their hiding place?
(a) Sabotage the Russians' missiles.
(b) Stake out and observe an electrical plant.
(c) Hide in a nearby refinery.
(d) Try to regain control of the air base.
2. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
(a) Extensive military action.
(d) Shock and awe.
3. Of the people who died in the attack on Russia, how many were children?
4. What is the Russian Politburo?
(a) Twenty-five men who are in charge of Russia's military.
(b) Sixteen men who comprise Russia's Supreme Court.
(c) Thirteen men who make decisions for Russia.
(d) Ten men who are responsible for Russia's energy production.
5. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
(a) Falsifying training records.
(b) Stealing and selling Russian weapons.
(c) Mistreating military recruits.
(d) Embezzeling military money.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
2. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
3. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
4. Morris warns the crew of the USS Pharris that the ship's orders have changed. What does he tell them?
5. Who discovers the refinery fire?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)