|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
(a) The USS Ingham.
(b) The USS Davis.
(c) The USS Lincolon.
(d) The USS Pharris.
2. Four hovercraft are about to land on Iceland's coast. Why weren't they noticed by the Navy sooner?
(a) They were disguised.
(b) The Navy's radar did not see them.
(c) They flew too quickly to be recognized.
(d) The Russians caused a diversion.
3. Alekeseyev is promised that the Russian Navy can achieve a certain goal. What is it?
(a) They can return home soon.
(b) They can "close" the Atlantic.
(c) They can defeat the Americans.
(d) They can destroy NATO.
4. What does Edwards warn command about the relocation to a safer place?
(a) His men are too exhausted to move.
(b) The new location will be even less safe.
(c) His men are low on ammunition.
(d) It will take hours to make a short journey.
5. What was the message of the movie that was televised the night before the attack on the Kremlin?
(a) That Russians must be careful not to involve themselves in foreign affairs.
(b) That Russia's military is ready to fight any country if the need arises.
(c) That Russians must disarm immediately to prevent nuclear war.
(d) That Russians must be ready to defend against a German attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Edwards and his men told to do once they leave their hiding place?
2. Where does First Lieutenant Mike Edwards stay to monitor the situation at the air base?
3. Of the people who died in the attack on Russia, how many were children?
4. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
5. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)