|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
(a) Toland thinks it's trivial; his superiors agree.
(b) Toland thinks it's trivial; his superiors think it's important.
(c) Toland thinks it's important; his superiors have him investigate furthur.
(d) Toland thinks it's important; his superiors don't.
2. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
(b) The European Union.
(c) The Russian Council.
(d) The United Nations.
3. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
(a) Several planes are lost during the mission.
(b) Many troops are captured by the Soviets.
(c) NATO forces were ambushed and had to be left behind.
(d) NATO supply lines are compromised.
4. What is notable about the "terrorist's" statement that angers Toland's superiors?
(a) The terrorist's story is too perfect.
(b) The man's story is full of holes and contradictions.
(c) There are no hard facts available about the attack or the terrorist.
(d) The man is too emotional about his story.
5. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
(a) Three to four years.
(b) Seven to nine days.
(c) Six to eight months.
(d) Two to three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
2. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
3. Of the people who died in the attack on Russia, how many were children?
4. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
5. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)