|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
(a) Two to three weeks.
(b) Three to four years.
(c) Seven to nine days.
(d) Six to eight months.
2. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
(a) A technical malfunction.
(b) A disgruntled employee.
(c) A careless employee.
(d) A leak in the refinery's valves.
3. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
(a) He's skeptical about their honesty concerning their disarmament.
(b) He's indifferent about the arms reduction.
(c) He's excited to see that the Russians are taking steps toward peace.
(d) He's tense about the reduction of arms in the Russian military.
4. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
(a) They think that Chernyavin is working for the Germans.
(b) They are now under new leadership.
(c) They think that Chernyavin is still in prison.
(d) They believe that Chernyavin is dead.
5. What code name is given to Edwards?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
2. What does Edwards warn command about the relocation to a safer place?
3. Why does the captain of the Julius Fucik decide to take that course of action?
4. Why is it unsafe for Edwards to stay at his surveillance location?
5. The Russian KGB takes what political body hostage?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)