|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
(a) That the Politburo wants to go to war because they hate other countries.
(b) That oil is more important than the lives of Russian citizens.
(c) That it's safer to send Russians to war than to let them live cold and hungry.
(d) That the Russian people want to go to war to make their country richer.
2. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
(a) Pavel Alekeseyev.
(b) Ibrahim Tolkaze.
(c) Major Chapeyev.
(d) Commander Daniel X. McCafferty.
3. The U.S. fires on the Julius Fucik, but are unable to sink the boat. What does the captain of the ship do?
(a) He flees back to Russia.
(b) He returns fire until his enemies give up.
(c) He forcefully drives the ship into port.
(d) He blows up the boat to avoid capture.
4. What does Edwards warn command about the relocation to a safer place?
(a) The new location will be even less safe.
(b) His men are too exhausted to move.
(c) His men are low on ammunition.
(d) It will take hours to make a short journey.
5. What are Edwards and his men told to do if they find themselves in danger?
(a) "Peace out."
(b) "Retreat and evade."
(c) "Surrender immediately."
(d) "Bug out."
Short Answer Questions
1. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
2. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
3. What are Edwards and his men told to do once they leave their hiding place?
4. Alekeseyev is promised that the Russian Navy can achieve a certain goal. What is it?
5. The Russian KGB takes what political body hostage?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)