|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Edwards loses his confidence in himself, he defers all decisions to what man?
(a) Marine Sergeant Smith.
(b) Marine Corporal Davis.
(c) Navy Captain Booth.
(d) Commander Evans.
2. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
(a) Hundreds of firefighters and volunteers.
(b) Military helicopters.
(c) Sophisticated fire extinguishers.
(d) A freak snowstorm.
3. Sergetov admits that he almost wishes that he had been present at the time of the attack. Why?
(a) He wishes he could have been a hero because of his death.
(b) He thinks he could have saved some of the children.
(c) He feels that he could have stopped the attack.
(d) He thinks death may be preferable to playing along with the government's plot.
4. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
(a) A technical malfunction.
(b) A disgruntled employee.
(c) A careless employee.
(d) A leak in the refinery's valves.
5. What is Toland's first order of business once he reaches safety?
(a) To notify his family that he is safe.
(b) To report to his commanding officers.
(c) To give an account of the attack to military officials.
(d) To return immediately to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
2. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
3. After the Russians have gained control of the air base, what is their one significant problem?
4. Command asks Edwards a series of questions to confirm his identity. One question makes him so angry he refuses to answer. What was it?
5. What is the name of the man who leads a mission that targets thirty-six bridges and Soviet troop support?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)