|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
(a) That the Politburo wants to go to war because they hate other countries.
(b) That the Russian people want to go to war to make their country richer.
(c) That it's safer to send Russians to war than to let them live cold and hungry.
(d) That oil is more important than the lives of Russian citizens.
2. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
(a) Falsifying training records.
(b) Mistreating military recruits.
(c) Stealing and selling Russian weapons.
(d) Embezzeling military money.
3. Where does First Lieutenant Mike Edwards stay to monitor the situation at the air base?
(a) A local man's house.
(b) Hill 152.
(c) An abandoned building on the base.
(d) A nearby barn.
4. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
5. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
(a) A proposal for arms reduction.
(b) Russia's strong military and financial wealth.
(c) A plea for other countries to send Russia money and oil.
(d) A proposal to build more oil refineries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
2. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
3. What are Edwards and his men told to do once they leave their hiding place?
4. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
5. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)