|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
(a) Three to four years.
(b) Six to eight months.
(c) Seven to nine days.
(d) Two to three weeks.
2. What is the name of the alleged terrorist who admits to the attack on Russia?
(a) Franz Meinhof.
(b) Horst Mahler.
(c) Gerhardt Falken.
(d) Axel Springer.
3. Who discovers the refinery fire?
(a) The Satellite Control Facility in Sunnyvale, California.
(b) An unnamed citizen in Franklin, North Carolina.
(c) The American military base in Norfolk, Virginia.
(d) The Satellite Watchdog Group in Atlanta, Georgia.
4. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
(a) They insist that they were off-course, and thank the Navy for bringing it to their attention.
(b) They say that they fear the heightened government tensions, and say that they are fleeing the country.
(c) They say they fear escalating hostilities, and ask the Navy to help them in the event of an attack.
(d) They pretend they do not speak English and go on their way.
5. What happens that leads to Chernyavin's discovery and arrest?
(a) He is arrested for having a fake passport.
(b) He is robbed and the package taken from him.
(c) He is hit by a car.
(d) He is betrayed and is killed by German police.
Short Answer Questions
1. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
2. What does Sergetov tell the Politburo about the state of Russian affairs?
3. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
4. What are Edwards and his men told to do once they leave their hiding place?
5. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)