|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
(a) He feels responsible for the death of the children.
(b) The Politburo used the funeral as an excuse to discuss politics publicly.
(c) Half of the people who knew about the attack were at the funeral.
(d) One of the parents of the deceased made a scene.
2. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
(a) The American satellites go down.
(b) The Soviets launch missiles at American warships.
(c) The American government decides to scrap the operation.
(d) The Soviets attack American forces.
3. Morris warns the crew of the USS Pharris that the ship's orders have changed. What does he tell them?
(a) Drills will continue to be conducted, but no one is to fire upon enemy ships.
(b) No more drills will be conducted; their new mission is to track all enemy ships.
(c) All personnel are to increase security and report any suspicious activity.
(d) No more drills will be conducted; all calls to arms will be real.
4. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
(a) Russia's strong military and financial wealth.
(b) A proposal for arms reduction.
(c) A plea for other countries to send Russia money and oil.
(d) A proposal to build more oil refineries.
5. What was the message of the movie that was televised the night before the attack on the Kremlin?
(a) That Russia's military is ready to fight any country if the need arises.
(b) That Russians must be careful not to involve themselves in foreign affairs.
(c) That Russians must disarm immediately to prevent nuclear war.
(d) That Russians must be ready to defend against a German attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who escapes the Keflavik air base and uses a radio to spread news of the attack?
2. What are Edwards and his men told to do if they find themselves in danger?
3. What is the name of the man who leads a mission that targets thirty-six bridges and Soviet troop support?
4. The U.S. fires on the Julius Fucik, but are unable to sink the boat. What does the captain of the ship do?
5. What code name is given to Edwards?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)