|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Command asks Edwards a series of questions to confirm his identity. One question makes him so angry he refuses to answer. What was it?
(a) What happened to his girlfriend.
(b) Why his father left his family.
(c) Why his wife divorced him.
(d) Where his mother is buried.
2. What does Sergetov tell the Politburo about the state of Russian affairs?
(a) That Russia is financially strong, but will need foreign oil to keep its citizens warm.
(b) That Russia should feign weakness to gain foreign sympathies.
(c) That Russia is weak and will have to depend on other countries to survive the new year.
(d) That Russia is financially strong and has sufficient resources to survive the new year.
3. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
(a) An explosion would frighten Russians and make them want to go to war.
(b) Faking a terrorist attack would make other countries feel bad for Russia and offer them oil.
(c) Faking a terrorist attack would justify heightened military activity.
(d) Faking an attack would allow Russia to declare war on another country.
4. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
(a) He's trying to intimidate other countries with boasts about Russia's well-being.
(b) He's trying to divert attention from Russia's upcoming offensive.
(c) He's trying to draw attention away from Russia's weakened state.
(d) He's trying to gain favor with other countries by asking for their help.
5. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
(a) The explosion destroyed their paperwork so the enemy can't get it.
(b) He convinced the others to trust Chernyavin.
(c) He is very eager to begin fighting the Germans.
(d) He showed bravery by being the last man out of the vehicle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
2. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
3. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
4. Who discovers the refinery fire?
5. What kind of vessel does the USS Pharris sink?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)