|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
(a) By being fearful toward the Russian government.
(b) By being more deeply committed to the Russian government.
(c) They are angry that the Russian government interfered with the military.
(d) They are pleased that rogue officers were caught and punished.
2. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
(a) That oil is more important than the lives of Russian citizens.
(b) That the Politburo wants to go to war because they hate other countries.
(c) That it's safer to send Russians to war than to let them live cold and hungry.
(d) That the Russian people want to go to war to make their country richer.
3. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
(a) Ed Morris.
(b) Charles Nubuck.
(c) Patrick Flynn.
(d) William Calloway.
4. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
(a) Mikhail Eduardovich Sergetov.
(b) Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
(c) Dmitri Shostakovich.
(d) Alexander Taneyev.
5. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
(a) The American government decides to scrap the operation.
(b) The Soviets launch missiles at American warships.
(c) The American satellites go down.
(d) The Soviets attack American forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toland's first order of business once he reaches safety?
2. Before the attack on the Keflavik air base, a Russian ship is secretly carrying Russian infantrymen. What is the name of that ship?
3. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
4. What is notable about the "terrorist's" statement that angers Toland's superiors?
5. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)