|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What boat is Toland on when the Russians attack?
(a) The Chicago.
(b) The Lincolon.
(c) The Pharris.
(d) The Nimitz.
2. Sergetov admits that he almost wishes that he had been present at the time of the attack. Why?
(a) He wishes he could have been a hero because of his death.
(b) He thinks he could have saved some of the children.
(c) He feels that he could have stopped the attack.
(d) He thinks death may be preferable to playing along with the government's plot.
3. What is the name of the alleged terrorist who admits to the attack on Russia?
(a) Gerhardt Falken.
(b) Horst Mahler.
(c) Franz Meinhof.
(d) Axel Springer.
4. What does Sergetov tell the Politburo about the state of Russian affairs?
(a) That Russia is financially strong, but will need foreign oil to keep its citizens warm.
(b) That Russia should feign weakness to gain foreign sympathies.
(c) That Russia is weak and will have to depend on other countries to survive the new year.
(d) That Russia is financially strong and has sufficient resources to survive the new year.
5. After Toland's ship is put out of commission by the Russians, where is he sent?
(b) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
2. What happens to the military personnel in the Keflavik air base?
3. What happens that leads to Chernyavin's discovery and arrest?
4. Who discovers the refinery fire?
5. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)