|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
(a) He is to engage any East Bloc warship or merchant ship.
(b) He is to call for reinforcements any time he encounters enemy ships.
(c) He is to evade any Soviet ships he encounters.
(d) He is to follow any enemy ships he finds, but is not to attack them.
2. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
(a) A plea for other countries to send Russia money and oil.
(b) Russia's strong military and financial wealth.
(c) A proposal for arms reduction.
(d) A proposal to build more oil refineries.
3. Alekeseyev is promised that the Russian Navy can achieve a certain goal. What is it?
(a) They can return home soon.
(b) They can "close" the Atlantic.
(c) They can destroy NATO.
(d) They can defeat the Americans.
4. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
(a) Nuclear War.
(b) The Russian military.
(c) A German attack on Russia.
(d) World War I.
5. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
(a) Commander Daniel X. McCafferty.
(b) Major Chapeyev.
(c) Ibrahim Tolkaze.
(d) Pavel Alekeseyev.
Short Answer Questions
1. Four hovercraft are about to land on Iceland's coast. Why weren't they noticed by the Navy sooner?
2. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
3. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
4. What are Edwards and his men told to do once they leave their hiding place?
5. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)