|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
(a) With plastic explosives.
(b) With a hand-grenade.
(c) With a rocket-launcher.
(d) With dynamite.
2. What happens to Chernyavin after he is caught?
(a) He is drugged and reveals details about his mission.
(b) He is imprisoned until he confesses.
(c) He is sent back to Russia.
(d) He is executed for treason.
3. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
(a) Extensive military action.
(c) Shock and awe.
4. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
(a) The American government decides to scrap the operation.
(b) The Soviets attack American forces.
(c) The Soviets launch missiles at American warships.
(d) The American satellites go down.
5. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
(a) Vice Admiral Richard Pipes.
(b) Commander Raymond Jarvis.
(c) Colonel Keith Oberhausen.
(d) Sergeant Chuck Meyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the supposed occupation of the "terrorist"?
2. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
3. What happens that leads to Chernyavin's discovery and arrest?
4. Where is the air base in Iceland?
5. What is the name of the man who escapes the Keflavik air base and uses a radio to spread news of the attack?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)