|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
2. A Russian soldier named Chernyavin is in Germany. He is disguised as what kind of person?
(a) A Russian diplomat.
(b) A Jewish businessman.
(c) An Austrian investor.
(d) A German entrepreneur.
3. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
(a) Desert Storm.
(b) Red Storm.
(d) Black Night.
4. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
(a) Faking a terrorist attack would justify heightened military activity.
(b) An explosion would frighten Russians and make them want to go to war.
(c) Faking a terrorist attack would make other countries feel bad for Russia and offer them oil.
(d) Faking an attack would allow Russia to declare war on another country.
5. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
(a) They say they fear escalating hostilities, and ask the Navy to help them in the event of an attack.
(b) They pretend they do not speak English and go on their way.
(c) They say that they fear the heightened government tensions, and say that they are fleeing the country.
(d) They insist that they were off-course, and thank the Navy for bringing it to their attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who escapes the Keflavik air base and uses a radio to spread news of the attack?
2. Alekeseyev is promised that the Russian Navy can achieve a certain goal. What is it?
3. What does Edwards warn command about the relocation to a safer place?
4. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
5. Where does First Lieutenant Mike Edwards stay to monitor the situation at the air base?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)