|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the attack on the Keflavik air base, a Russian ship is secretly carrying Russian infantrymen. What is the name of that ship?
(a) The USS Pharris.
(b) The Delfin.
(c) The Julius Fucik.
(d) The Plavnik.
2. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
(a) The Politburo used the funeral as an excuse to discuss politics publicly.
(b) He feels responsible for the death of the children.
(c) One of the parents of the deceased made a scene.
(d) Half of the people who knew about the attack were at the funeral.
3. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
(a) By being fearful toward the Russian government.
(b) They are angry that the Russian government interfered with the military.
(c) They are pleased that rogue officers were caught and punished.
(d) By being more deeply committed to the Russian government.
4. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
(a) Dmitri Shostakovich.
(b) Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
(c) Mikhail Eduardovich Sergetov.
(d) Alexander Taneyev.
5. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
(a) Faking a terrorist attack would make other countries feel bad for Russia and offer them oil.
(b) Faking an attack would allow Russia to declare war on another country.
(c) Faking a terrorist attack would justify heightened military activity.
(d) An explosion would frighten Russians and make them want to go to war.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
2. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
3. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
4. What are Edwards and his men told to do once they leave their hiding place?
5. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)