|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the message of the movie that was televised the night before the attack on the Kremlin?
(a) That Russia's military is ready to fight any country if the need arises.
(b) That Russians must be ready to defend against a German attack.
(c) That Russians must disarm immediately to prevent nuclear war.
(d) That Russians must be careful not to involve themselves in foreign affairs.
2. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
(a) He is dismissed from service and told to keep quiet about what he knows.
(b) He is asked to return to active duty.
(c) His two-week reserve status is extended indefinitely.
(d) He is told to go on leave and return to the ship in a few weeks.
3. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
(a) Pavel Alekeseyev.
(b) Ibrahim Tolkaze.
(c) Major Chapeyev.
(d) Commander Daniel X. McCafferty.
4. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
(a) He's skeptical about their honesty concerning their disarmament.
(b) He's excited to see that the Russians are taking steps toward peace.
(c) He's indifferent about the arms reduction.
(d) He's tense about the reduction of arms in the Russian military.
5. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
(a) A map of the refinery.
(b) Instructions on how to loosen the refinery's valves.
(c) Part of his father's Koran.
(d) A prayer for the people he killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
2. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
3. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
4. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
5. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)