|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the air base in Iceland?
2. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
(a) They say they fear escalating hostilities, and ask the Navy to help them in the event of an attack.
(b) They insist that they were off-course, and thank the Navy for bringing it to their attention.
(c) They say that they fear the heightened government tensions, and say that they are fleeing the country.
(d) They pretend they do not speak English and go on their way.
3. Four hovercraft are about to land on Iceland's coast. Why weren't they noticed by the Navy sooner?
(a) They were disguised.
(b) The Navy's radar did not see them.
(c) The Russians caused a diversion.
(d) They flew too quickly to be recognized.
4. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
(b) Black Night.
(c) Red Storm.
(d) Desert Storm.
5. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
(a) NATO forces were ambushed and had to be left behind.
(b) Many troops are captured by the Soviets.
(c) NATO supply lines are compromised.
(d) Several planes are lost during the mission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toland's first order of business once he reaches safety?
2. Where does First Lieutenant Mike Edwards stay to monitor the situation at the air base?
3. What is the Russian Politburo?
4. What are Edwards and his men told to do if they find themselves in danger?
5. The Russians who control the air base are attacked by American planes. What do the American planes fail to destroy?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)