|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Highly-trained Russian forces begin fighting on the ground in Germany. What is the special title of those forces?
(a) Spezialkräfte forces.
(b) Spetznaz forces.
(c) Spezielle Operationen forces.
(d) Vympel forces.
2. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
(a) He is asked to return to active duty.
(b) He is dismissed from service and told to keep quiet about what he knows.
(c) He is told to go on leave and return to the ship in a few weeks.
(d) His two-week reserve status is extended indefinitely.
3. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
(a) Faking an attack would allow Russia to declare war on another country.
(b) Faking a terrorist attack would justify heightened military activity.
(c) An explosion would frighten Russians and make them want to go to war.
(d) Faking a terrorist attack would make other countries feel bad for Russia and offer them oil.
4. After Toland's ship is put out of commission by the Russians, where is he sent?
(b) South Africa.
5. Alekeseyev is promised that the Russian Navy can achieve a certain goal. What is it?
(a) They can destroy NATO.
(b) They can defeat the Americans.
(c) They can return home soon.
(d) They can "close" the Atlantic.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
2. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
3. After the Russians have gained control of the air base, what is their one significant problem?
4. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
5. What does Sergetov tell the Politburo about the state of Russian affairs?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)