|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Russian KGB takes what political body hostage?
(a) The Icelandic Parliament.
(b) NATO officials living in Iceland.
(c) The Icelandic Supreme Court.
(d) The heads of Iceland's military.
2. After Edwards loses his confidence in himself, he defers all decisions to what man?
(a) Marine Corporal Davis.
(b) Commander Evans.
(c) Marine Sergeant Smith.
(d) Navy Captain Booth.
3. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
(a) An explosion would frighten Russians and make them want to go to war.
(b) Faking a terrorist attack would make other countries feel bad for Russia and offer them oil.
(c) Faking an attack would allow Russia to declare war on another country.
(d) Faking a terrorist attack would justify heightened military activity.
4. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
(a) The Russian Council.
(b) The United Nations.
(d) The European Union.
5. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
(a) He is to evade any Soviet ships he encounters.
(b) He is to call for reinforcements any time he encounters enemy ships.
(c) He is to follow any enemy ships he finds, but is not to attack them.
(d) He is to engage any East Bloc warship or merchant ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about the "terrorist's" statement that angers Toland's superiors?
2. During Edwards's move away from his location, something happens that makes him ashamed of himself. What is it?
3. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
4. What boat is Toland on when the Russians attack?
5. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)