|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
(a) Pavel Alekeseyev.
(b) Major Chapeyev.
(c) Commander Daniel X. McCafferty.
(d) Ibrahim Tolkaze.
2. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
(a) Another oil refinery is attacked.
(b) An important government official is kidnapped.
(c) There was a riot over the lack of oil.
(d) There was an explosion at the Kremlin.
3. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
(c) Shock and awe.
(d) Extensive military action.
4. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
(a) Six to eight months.
(b) Three to four years.
(c) Seven to nine days.
(d) Two to three weeks.
5. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
2. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
3. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
4. Four hovercraft are about to land on Iceland's coast. Why weren't they noticed by the Navy sooner?
5. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)