|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Four hovercraft are about to land on Iceland's coast. Why weren't they noticed by the Navy sooner?
(a) They were disguised.
(b) The Russians caused a diversion.
(c) The Navy's radar did not see them.
(d) They flew too quickly to be recognized.
2. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
(a) The USS Pharris.
(b) The USS Lincolon.
(c) The USS Ingham.
(d) The USS Davis.
3. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
(a) They say that they fear the heightened government tensions, and say that they are fleeing the country.
(b) They pretend they do not speak English and go on their way.
(c) They say they fear escalating hostilities, and ask the Navy to help them in the event of an attack.
(d) They insist that they were off-course, and thank the Navy for bringing it to their attention.
4. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
(a) Faking a terrorist attack would justify heightened military activity.
(b) Faking an attack would allow Russia to declare war on another country.
(c) An explosion would frighten Russians and make them want to go to war.
(d) Faking a terrorist attack would make other countries feel bad for Russia and offer them oil.
5. Where does First Lieutenant Mike Edwards stay to monitor the situation at the air base?
(a) Hill 152.
(b) An abandoned building on the base.
(c) A local man's house.
(d) A nearby barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the air base in Iceland?
2. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
3. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
4. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
5. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)