|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
(a) They think that Chernyavin is working for the Germans.
(b) They think that Chernyavin is still in prison.
(c) They believe that Chernyavin is dead.
(d) They are now under new leadership.
2. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
(a) They say that they fear the heightened government tensions, and say that they are fleeing the country.
(b) They say they fear escalating hostilities, and ask the Navy to help them in the event of an attack.
(c) They insist that they were off-course, and thank the Navy for bringing it to their attention.
(d) They pretend they do not speak English and go on their way.
3. Highly-trained Russian forces begin fighting on the ground in Germany. What is the special title of those forces?
(a) Spetznaz forces.
(b) Spezielle Operationen forces.
(c) Spezialkräfte forces.
(d) Vympel forces.
4. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
(a) With a hand-grenade.
(b) With dynamite.
(c) With plastic explosives.
(d) With a rocket-launcher.
5. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
(a) He is to engage any East Bloc warship or merchant ship.
(b) He is to call for reinforcements any time he encounters enemy ships.
(c) He is to follow any enemy ships he finds, but is not to attack them.
(d) He is to evade any Soviet ships he encounters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
2. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
3. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
4. Chernyavin picks up a package at a post office. What does it contain?
5. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)