|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
(a) Nuclear War.
(b) World War I.
(c) A German attack on Russia.
(d) The Russian military.
2. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
(a) They think that Chernyavin is working for the Germans.
(b) They are now under new leadership.
(c) They think that Chernyavin is still in prison.
(d) They believe that Chernyavin is dead.
3. What does Edwards warn command about the relocation to a safer place?
(a) His men are low on ammunition.
(b) His men are too exhausted to move.
(c) It will take hours to make a short journey.
(d) The new location will be even less safe.
4. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
(a) By being fearful toward the Russian government.
(b) They are pleased that rogue officers were caught and punished.
(c) By being more deeply committed to the Russian government.
(d) They are angry that the Russian government interfered with the military.
5. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
(a) They pretend they do not speak English and go on their way.
(b) They say they fear escalating hostilities, and ask the Navy to help them in the event of an attack.
(c) They say that they fear the heightened government tensions, and say that they are fleeing the country.
(d) They insist that they were off-course, and thank the Navy for bringing it to their attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that leads to Chernyavin's discovery and arrest?
2. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
3. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
4. Command asks Edwards a series of questions to confirm his identity. One question makes him so angry he refuses to answer. What was it?
5. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)