|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
(a) An explosion would frighten Russians and make them want to go to war.
(b) Faking a terrorist attack would make other countries feel bad for Russia and offer them oil.
(c) Faking a terrorist attack would justify heightened military activity.
(d) Faking an attack would allow Russia to declare war on another country.
2. What is the code name for the command to which Edwards reports?
(c) Boarding House.
3. Chernyavin picks up a package at a post office. What does it contain?
(a) Plans for the NATO headquarters.
(b) The blueprint for the German Chancellor's house.
(c) Plans for the Reichstag building.
(d) A map of the office of the Bundestag, or German parliament.
4. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
(a) That Russia intends to continue their arms reduction.
(b) That Russia intends to go to war.
(c) That Russia is in desperate need of financial help from other countries.
(d) That Russia intends to ask other countries for oil.
5. What boat is Toland on when the Russians attack?
(a) The Nimitz.
(b) The Chicago.
(c) The Pharris.
(d) The Lincolon.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Toland's ship is put out of commission by the Russians, where is he sent?
2. Where does First Lieutenant Mike Edwards stay to monitor the situation at the air base?
3. What is the Russian Politburo?
4. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
5. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)