|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
(a) Military helicopters.
(b) A freak snowstorm.
(c) Sophisticated fire extinguishers.
(d) Hundreds of firefighters and volunteers.
2. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
(a) The European Union.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) The Russian Council.
3. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
(a) Vice Admiral Richard Pipes.
(b) Commander Raymond Jarvis.
(c) Sergeant Chuck Meyers.
(d) Colonel Keith Oberhausen.
4. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
(a) He is told to go on leave and return to the ship in a few weeks.
(b) His two-week reserve status is extended indefinitely.
(c) He is asked to return to active duty.
(d) He is dismissed from service and told to keep quiet about what he knows.
5. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
(a) They dismantle nuclear warheads.
(b) They shut down nuclear reactors.
(c) They fill torpedo tubes with concrete.
(d) They take apart Russian rocket-launchers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
2. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
3. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
4. Chernyavin picks up a package at a post office. What does it contain?
5. Sergetov admits that he almost wishes that he had been present at the time of the attack. Why?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)