|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
(a) Patrick Flynn.
(b) Michael Evans.
(c) William Calloway.
(d) Williams Blake.
2. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
(a) Nuclear War.
(b) A German attack on Russia.
(c) The Russian military.
(d) World War I.
3. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
(a) A proposal to build more oil refineries.
(b) Russia's strong military and financial wealth.
(c) A plea for other countries to send Russia money and oil.
(d) A proposal for arms reduction.
4. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
(a) Dmitri Shostakovich.
(b) Alexander Taneyev.
(c) Mikhail Eduardovich Sergetov.
(d) Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
5. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
(a) A technical malfunction.
(b) A careless employee.
(c) A disgruntled employee.
(d) A leak in the refinery's valves.
Short Answer Questions
1. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
2. What happens that leads to Chernyavin's discovery and arrest?
3. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
4. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
5. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)