|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
(a) NATO supply lines are compromised.
(b) Several planes are lost during the mission.
(c) Many troops are captured by the Soviets.
(d) NATO forces were ambushed and had to be left behind.
2. Sergetov admits that he almost wishes that he had been present at the time of the attack. Why?
(a) He wishes he could have been a hero because of his death.
(b) He feels that he could have stopped the attack.
(c) He thinks he could have saved some of the children.
(d) He thinks death may be preferable to playing along with the government's plot.
3. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
(a) With plastic explosives.
(b) With dynamite.
(c) With a rocket-launcher.
(d) With a hand-grenade.
4. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
(a) Norfolk, Virginia.
(b) Washington, D.C..
(c) Quantico, Virginia.
(d) Tampa, Florida.
5. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
(a) Pavel Alekeseyev.
(b) Major Chapeyev.
(c) Ibrahim Tolkaze.
(d) Commander Daniel X. McCafferty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
2. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
3. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
4. What happens to Chernyavin after he is caught?
5. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)