|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
(a) They are pleased that rogue officers were caught and punished.
(b) By being more deeply committed to the Russian government.
(c) By being fearful toward the Russian government.
(d) They are angry that the Russian government interfered with the military.
2. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
(a) He showed bravery by being the last man out of the vehicle.
(b) The explosion destroyed their paperwork so the enemy can't get it.
(c) He convinced the others to trust Chernyavin.
(d) He is very eager to begin fighting the Germans.
3. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
(a) He is to call for reinforcements any time he encounters enemy ships.
(b) He is to follow any enemy ships he finds, but is not to attack them.
(c) He is to engage any East Bloc warship or merchant ship.
(d) He is to evade any Soviet ships he encounters.
4. What happens to Chernyavin after he is caught?
(a) He is sent back to Russia.
(b) He is imprisoned until he confesses.
(c) He is drugged and reveals details about his mission.
(d) He is executed for treason.
5. What is the Russian Politburo?
(a) Sixteen men who comprise Russia's Supreme Court.
(b) Twenty-five men who are in charge of Russia's military.
(c) Ten men who are responsible for Russia's energy production.
(d) Thirteen men who make decisions for Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
2. Morris warns the crew of the USS Pharris that the ship's orders have changed. What does he tell them?
3. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
4. What is the name of the alleged terrorist who admits to the attack on Russia?
5. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)