|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
(a) Commander Raymond Jarvis.
(b) Colonel Keith Oberhausen.
(c) Sergeant Chuck Meyers.
(d) Vice Admiral Richard Pipes.
2. What happens to Chernyavin after he is caught?
(a) He is sent back to Russia.
(b) He is imprisoned until he confesses.
(c) He is executed for treason.
(d) He is drugged and reveals details about his mission.
3. What was the message of the movie that was televised the night before the attack on the Kremlin?
(a) That Russians must disarm immediately to prevent nuclear war.
(b) That Russia's military is ready to fight any country if the need arises.
(c) That Russians must be ready to defend against a German attack.
(d) That Russians must be careful not to involve themselves in foreign affairs.
4. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
(a) The American satellites go down.
(b) The Soviets attack American forces.
(c) The Soviets launch missiles at American warships.
(d) The American government decides to scrap the operation.
5. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
(a) They dismantle nuclear warheads.
(b) They fill torpedo tubes with concrete.
(c) They shut down nuclear reactors.
(d) They take apart Russian rocket-launchers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that leads to Chernyavin's discovery and arrest?
2. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
3. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
4. What is notable about the "terrorist's" statement that angers Toland's superiors?
5. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)