|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
(a) By being more deeply committed to the Russian government.
(b) They are pleased that rogue officers were caught and punished.
(c) By being fearful toward the Russian government.
(d) They are angry that the Russian government interfered with the military.
2. Who discovers the refinery fire?
(a) The American military base in Norfolk, Virginia.
(b) The Satellite Control Facility in Sunnyvale, California.
(c) The Satellite Watchdog Group in Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) An unnamed citizen in Franklin, North Carolina.
3. Highly-trained Russian forces begin fighting on the ground in Germany. What is the special title of those forces?
(a) Spetznaz forces.
(b) Vympel forces.
(c) Spezielle Operationen forces.
(d) Spezialkräfte forces.
4. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
(b) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
(c) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
(d) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
5. How many people were killed in the attack in Russia?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
2. What happens that leads to Chernyavin's discovery and arrest?
3. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
4. What is notable about the "terrorist's" statement that angers Toland's superiors?
5. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)