|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chernyavin picks up a package at a post office. What does it contain?
(a) The blueprint for the German Chancellor's house.
(b) A map of the office of the Bundestag, or German parliament.
(c) Plans for the NATO headquarters.
(d) Plans for the Reichstag building.
2. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
(a) The USS Davis.
(b) The USS Pharris.
(c) The USS Lincolon.
(d) The USS Ingham.
3. What is the supposed occupation of the "terrorist"?
(a) A demolition worker.
(b) A spy.
(c) A bomb manufacturer.
(d) A military specialist.
4. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
(a) Michael Evans.
(b) William Calloway.
(c) Patrick Flynn.
(d) Williams Blake.
5. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
(a) He convinced the others to trust Chernyavin.
(b) He showed bravery by being the last man out of the vehicle.
(c) The explosion destroyed their paperwork so the enemy can't get it.
(d) He is very eager to begin fighting the Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
2. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
3. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
4. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
5. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)