|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
(a) Demonstrations and speeches in the heart of the Kremlin.
(b) Russian battery shortages.
(c) Hijacking of oil shipments across the country.
(d) Food riots in Moscow.
2. Morris warns the crew of the USS Pharris that the ship's orders have changed. What does he tell them?
(a) No more drills will be conducted; all calls to arms will be real.
(b) All personnel are to increase security and report any suspicious activity.
(c) No more drills will be conducted; their new mission is to track all enemy ships.
(d) Drills will continue to be conducted, but no one is to fire upon enemy ships.
3. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
(a) Extensive military action.
(d) Shock and awe.
4. Of the people who died in the attack on Russia, how many were children?
5. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
(a) A proposal to build more oil refineries.
(b) A plea for other countries to send Russia money and oil.
(c) A proposal for arms reduction.
(d) Russia's strong military and financial wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who leads a mission that targets thirty-six bridges and Soviet troop support?
2. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
3. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
4. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
5. Chernyavin picks up a package at a post office. What does it contain?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)