|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
(a) They believe that Chernyavin is dead.
(b) They think that Chernyavin is working for the Germans.
(c) They are now under new leadership.
(d) They think that Chernyavin is still in prison.
2. What is the name of the man who leads a mission that targets thirty-six bridges and Soviet troop support?
(a) Colonel Douglas Ellington.
(b) Commander Wilhelm Keitel.
(c) Colonel Richard Sorge.
(d) Seargent Mikhail Barbarossa.
3. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
4. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
(a) Patrick Flynn.
(b) William Calloway.
(c) Michael Evans.
(d) Williams Blake.
5. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
(a) That the Politburo wants to go to war because they hate other countries.
(b) That oil is more important than the lives of Russian citizens.
(c) That the Russian people want to go to war to make their country richer.
(d) That it's safer to send Russians to war than to let them live cold and hungry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
2. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
3. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
4. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
5. Chernyavin picks up a package at a post office. What does it contain?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)