|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people were killed in the attack in Russia?
2. What is the name of the alleged terrorist who admits to the attack on Russia?
(a) Horst Mahler.
(b) Axel Springer.
(c) Franz Meinhof.
(d) Gerhardt Falken.
3. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
(a) Black Night.
(b) Red Storm.
(c) Desert Storm.
4. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
(a) They believe that Chernyavin is dead.
(b) They are now under new leadership.
(c) They think that Chernyavin is working for the Germans.
(d) They think that Chernyavin is still in prison.
5. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
(a) He is to call for reinforcements any time he encounters enemy ships.
(b) He is to engage any East Bloc warship or merchant ship.
(c) He is to evade any Soviet ships he encounters.
(d) He is to follow any enemy ships he finds, but is not to attack them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
2. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
3. What is the Russian Politburo?
4. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
5. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)