|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this mission to take out the bridges so important in the war against the Soviets?
(a) If it is successful, the Germans can not move into Russia.
(b) If the mission fails, the Germans will be trapped by the Soviets.
(c) If it is successful, Soviet reinforcements can not arrive.
(d) If the mission fails, the Russians can take more oil.
2. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
(a) Stealing and selling Russian weapons.
(b) Falsifying training records.
(c) Mistreating military recruits.
(d) Embezzeling military money.
3. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
(a) Faking a terrorist attack would justify heightened military activity.
(b) Faking an attack would allow Russia to declare war on another country.
(c) Faking a terrorist attack would make other countries feel bad for Russia and offer them oil.
(d) An explosion would frighten Russians and make them want to go to war.
4. What is the Russian Politburo?
(a) Ten men who are responsible for Russia's energy production.
(b) Twenty-five men who are in charge of Russia's military.
(c) Thirteen men who make decisions for Russia.
(d) Sixteen men who comprise Russia's Supreme Court.
5. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
(a) Sergeant Chuck Meyers.
(b) Vice Admiral Richard Pipes.
(c) Colonel Keith Oberhausen.
(d) Commander Raymond Jarvis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the message of the movie that was televised the night before the attack on the Kremlin?
2. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
3. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
4. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
5. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)