|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
(a) An important government official is kidnapped.
(b) There was a riot over the lack of oil.
(c) Another oil refinery is attacked.
(d) There was an explosion at the Kremlin.
2. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
(a) The USS Lincolon.
(b) The USS Ingham.
(c) The USS Davis.
(d) The USS Pharris.
3. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
(a) With a rocket-launcher.
(b) With a hand-grenade.
(c) With dynamite.
(d) With plastic explosives.
4. Chernyavin picks up a package at a post office. What does it contain?
(a) Plans for the Reichstag building.
(b) The blueprint for the German Chancellor's house.
(c) Plans for the NATO headquarters.
(d) A map of the office of the Bundestag, or German parliament.
5. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
(a) They are pleased that rogue officers were caught and punished.
(b) They are angry that the Russian government interfered with the military.
(c) By being more deeply committed to the Russian government.
(d) By being fearful toward the Russian government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who leads a mission that targets thirty-six bridges and Soviet troop support?
2. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
3. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
4. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
5. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)