|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
(a) They think that Chernyavin is still in prison.
(b) They think that Chernyavin is working for the Germans.
(c) They are now under new leadership.
(d) They believe that Chernyavin is dead.
2. What happens to Chernyavin after he is caught?
(a) He is imprisoned until he confesses.
(b) He is drugged and reveals details about his mission.
(c) He is sent back to Russia.
(d) He is executed for treason.
3. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
(a) Embezzeling military money.
(b) Stealing and selling Russian weapons.
(c) Falsifying training records.
(d) Mistreating military recruits.
4. Who discovers the refinery fire?
(a) An unnamed citizen in Franklin, North Carolina.
(b) The Satellite Watchdog Group in Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) The Satellite Control Facility in Sunnyvale, California.
(d) The American military base in Norfolk, Virginia.
5. Why is this mission to take out the bridges so important in the war against the Soviets?
(a) If the mission fails, the Germans will be trapped by the Soviets.
(b) If the mission fails, the Russians can take more oil.
(c) If it is successful, the Germans can not move into Russia.
(d) If it is successful, Soviet reinforcements can not arrive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
2. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
3. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
4. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
5. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)