|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
(a) Afghanistan and Jordan.
(b) England and Ireland.
(c) Cambodia and South Korea.
(d) West Germany and the Low Countries.
2. A Russian soldier named Chernyavin is in Germany. He is disguised as what kind of person?
(a) An Austrian investor.
(b) A Jewish businessman.
(c) A German entrepreneur.
(d) A Russian diplomat.
3. Before the attack on the Keflavik air base, a Russian ship is secretly carrying Russian infantrymen. What is the name of that ship?
(a) The Julius Fucik.
(b) The Delfin.
(c) The USS Pharris.
(d) The Plavnik.
4. Sergetov admits that he almost wishes that he had been present at the time of the attack. Why?
(a) He thinks death may be preferable to playing along with the government's plot.
(b) He feels that he could have stopped the attack.
(c) He thinks he could have saved some of the children.
(d) He wishes he could have been a hero because of his death.
5. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
(a) Increased diplomacy to solve Russia's problems.
(b) Forgiveness and reconciliation with Russia's enemies.
(c) Retaliation against the alleged terrorist's country.
(d) Political demonstrations to protest Russian oil shortages.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
2. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
3. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
4. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
5. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)