|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the attack on the Keflavik air base, a Russian ship is secretly carrying Russian infantrymen. What is the name of that ship?
(a) The Delfin.
(b) The Plavnik.
(c) The Julius Fucik.
(d) The USS Pharris.
2. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
(a) Hijacking of oil shipments across the country.
(b) Demonstrations and speeches in the heart of the Kremlin.
(c) Russian battery shortages.
(d) Food riots in Moscow.
3. Sergetov admits that he almost wishes that he had been present at the time of the attack. Why?
(a) He thinks he could have saved some of the children.
(b) He thinks death may be preferable to playing along with the government's plot.
(c) He wishes he could have been a hero because of his death.
(d) He feels that he could have stopped the attack.
4. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
(a) England and Ireland.
(b) Afghanistan and Jordan.
(c) West Germany and the Low Countries.
(d) Cambodia and South Korea.
5. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
(a) That the Politburo wants to go to war because they hate other countries.
(b) That the Russian people want to go to war to make their country richer.
(c) That it's safer to send Russians to war than to let them live cold and hungry.
(d) That oil is more important than the lives of Russian citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
2. How many people were killed in the attack in Russia?
3. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
4. What is notable about the "terrorist's" statement that angers Toland's superiors?
5. A Russian soldier named Chernyavin is in Germany. He is disguised as what kind of person?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)