|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Highly-trained Russian forces begin fighting on the ground in Germany. What is the special title of those forces?
(a) Vympel forces.
(b) Spezielle Operationen forces.
(c) Spetznaz forces.
(d) Spezialkräfte forces.
2. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
(a) The American government decides to scrap the operation.
(b) The American satellites go down.
(c) The Soviets attack American forces.
(d) The Soviets launch missiles at American warships.
3. Morris warns the crew of the USS Pharris that the ship's orders have changed. What does he tell them?
(a) No more drills will be conducted; their new mission is to track all enemy ships.
(b) No more drills will be conducted; all calls to arms will be real.
(c) Drills will continue to be conducted, but no one is to fire upon enemy ships.
(d) All personnel are to increase security and report any suspicious activity.
4. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
(a) Sergeant Chuck Meyers.
(b) Vice Admiral Richard Pipes.
(c) Colonel Keith Oberhausen.
(d) Commander Raymond Jarvis.
5. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
(b) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
(c) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
(d) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
2. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
3. What happens that leads to Chernyavin's discovery and arrest?
4. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
5. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)