|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
(a) Patrick Flynn.
(b) Williams Blake.
(c) Michael Evans.
(d) William Calloway.
2. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
(a) They say that they fear the heightened government tensions, and say that they are fleeing the country.
(b) They pretend they do not speak English and go on their way.
(c) They insist that they were off-course, and thank the Navy for bringing it to their attention.
(d) They say they fear escalating hostilities, and ask the Navy to help them in the event of an attack.
3. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
(a) The USS Lincolon.
(b) The USS Ingham.
(c) The USS Pharris.
(d) The USS Davis.
4. Morris warns the crew of the USS Pharris that the ship's orders have changed. What does he tell them?
(a) All personnel are to increase security and report any suspicious activity.
(b) No more drills will be conducted; all calls to arms will be real.
(c) Drills will continue to be conducted, but no one is to fire upon enemy ships.
(d) No more drills will be conducted; their new mission is to track all enemy ships.
5. What is the name of the man who leads a mission that targets thirty-six bridges and Soviet troop support?
(a) Colonel Richard Sorge.
(b) Seargent Mikhail Barbarossa.
(c) Commander Wilhelm Keitel.
(d) Colonel Douglas Ellington.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
2. How many people were killed in the attack in Russia?
3. Of the people who died in the attack on Russia, how many were children?
4. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
5. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)