|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
(a) Commander Raymond Jarvis.
(b) Vice Admiral Richard Pipes.
(c) Sergeant Chuck Meyers.
(d) Colonel Keith Oberhausen.
2. What is the Russian Politburo?
(a) Ten men who are responsible for Russia's energy production.
(b) Sixteen men who comprise Russia's Supreme Court.
(c) Thirteen men who make decisions for Russia.
(d) Twenty-five men who are in charge of Russia's military.
3. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
(a) Red Storm.
(c) Desert Storm.
(d) Black Night.
4. What was the message of the movie that was televised the night before the attack on the Kremlin?
(a) That Russians must be careful not to involve themselves in foreign affairs.
(b) That Russia's military is ready to fight any country if the need arises.
(c) That Russians must disarm immediately to prevent nuclear war.
(d) That Russians must be ready to defend against a German attack.
5. Chernyavin picks up a package at a post office. What does it contain?
(a) The blueprint for the German Chancellor's house.
(b) Plans for the NATO headquarters.
(c) A map of the office of the Bundestag, or German parliament.
(d) Plans for the Reichstag building.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
2. What is the supposed occupation of the "terrorist"?
3. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
4. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
5. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)