|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
(a) They pretend they do not speak English and go on their way.
(b) They insist that they were off-course, and thank the Navy for bringing it to their attention.
(c) They say that they fear the heightened government tensions, and say that they are fleeing the country.
(d) They say they fear escalating hostilities, and ask the Navy to help them in the event of an attack.
2. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
(a) A leak in the refinery's valves.
(b) A disgruntled employee.
(c) A technical malfunction.
(d) A careless employee.
3. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
(a) Colonel Keith Oberhausen.
(b) Vice Admiral Richard Pipes.
(c) Sergeant Chuck Meyers.
(d) Commander Raymond Jarvis.
4. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
(a) Increased diplomacy to solve Russia's problems.
(b) Retaliation against the alleged terrorist's country.
(c) Forgiveness and reconciliation with Russia's enemies.
(d) Political demonstrations to protest Russian oil shortages.
5. Sergetov admits that he almost wishes that he had been present at the time of the attack. Why?
(a) He thinks he could have saved some of the children.
(b) He wishes he could have been a hero because of his death.
(c) He thinks death may be preferable to playing along with the government's plot.
(d) He feels that he could have stopped the attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers the refinery fire?
2. What is the Russian Politburo?
3. Chernyavin picks up a package at a post office. What does it contain?
4. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
5. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)