|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
(a) A disgruntled employee.
(b) A technical malfunction.
(c) A careless employee.
(d) A leak in the refinery's valves.
2. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
(a) Washington, D.C..
(b) Quantico, Virginia.
(c) Tampa, Florida.
(d) Norfolk, Virginia.
3. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
(b) The European Union.
(c) The United Nations.
(d) The Russian Council.
4. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
(a) Commander Raymond Jarvis.
(b) Sergeant Chuck Meyers.
(c) Vice Admiral Richard Pipes.
(d) Colonel Keith Oberhausen.
5. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
(b) Extensive military action.
(d) Shock and awe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
2. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
3. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
4. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
5. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)