|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
(a) A technical malfunction.
(b) A leak in the refinery's valves.
(c) A disgruntled employee.
(d) A careless employee.
2. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
(a) Embezzeling military money.
(b) Falsifying training records.
(c) Mistreating military recruits.
(d) Stealing and selling Russian weapons.
3. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
(a) He's excited to see that the Russians are taking steps toward peace.
(b) He's indifferent about the arms reduction.
(c) He's tense about the reduction of arms in the Russian military.
(d) He's skeptical about their honesty concerning their disarmament.
4. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
5. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
(a) He's trying to intimidate other countries with boasts about Russia's well-being.
(b) He's trying to draw attention away from Russia's weakened state.
(c) He's trying to gain favor with other countries by asking for their help.
(d) He's trying to divert attention from Russia's upcoming offensive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
2. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
3. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
4. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
5. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)