|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sergetov tell the Politburo about the state of Russian affairs?
(a) That Russia is financially strong and has sufficient resources to survive the new year.
(b) That Russia should feign weakness to gain foreign sympathies.
(c) That Russia is financially strong, but will need foreign oil to keep its citizens warm.
(d) That Russia is weak and will have to depend on other countries to survive the new year.
2. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
(a) Dmitri Shostakovich.
(b) Alexander Taneyev.
(c) Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
(d) Mikhail Eduardovich Sergetov.
3. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
(a) They are angry that the Russian government interfered with the military.
(b) By being more deeply committed to the Russian government.
(c) By being fearful toward the Russian government.
(d) They are pleased that rogue officers were caught and punished.
4. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
(a) They take apart Russian rocket-launchers.
(b) They shut down nuclear reactors.
(c) They dismantle nuclear warheads.
(d) They fill torpedo tubes with concrete.
5. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
(a) Military helicopters.
(b) Hundreds of firefighters and volunteers.
(c) Sophisticated fire extinguishers.
(d) A freak snowstorm.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
2. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
3. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
4. What is the Russian Politburo?
5. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)