|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
(a) That it's safer to send Russians to war than to let them live cold and hungry.
(b) That the Russian people want to go to war to make their country richer.
(c) That the Politburo wants to go to war because they hate other countries.
(d) That oil is more important than the lives of Russian citizens.
2. What is the Russian Politburo?
(a) Sixteen men who comprise Russia's Supreme Court.
(b) Ten men who are responsible for Russia's energy production.
(c) Twenty-five men who are in charge of Russia's military.
(d) Thirteen men who make decisions for Russia.
3. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
(b) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
(c) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
(d) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
4. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
(a) He is told to go on leave and return to the ship in a few weeks.
(b) His two-week reserve status is extended indefinitely.
(c) He is dismissed from service and told to keep quiet about what he knows.
(d) He is asked to return to active duty.
5. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
(a) Colonel Keith Oberhausen.
(b) Vice Admiral Richard Pipes.
(c) Commander Raymond Jarvis.
(d) Sergeant Chuck Meyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
2. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
3. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
4. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
5. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)