|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
(b) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
(c) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
(d) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
2. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
(a) Mikhail Eduardovich Sergetov.
(b) Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
(c) Dmitri Shostakovich.
(d) Alexander Taneyev.
3. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
(a) A technical malfunction.
(b) A careless employee.
(c) A leak in the refinery's valves.
(d) A disgruntled employee.
4. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
(a) Mistreating military recruits.
(b) Embezzeling military money.
(c) Stealing and selling Russian weapons.
(d) Falsifying training records.
5. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
(a) He's trying to draw attention away from Russia's weakened state.
(b) He's trying to divert attention from Russia's upcoming offensive.
(c) He's trying to gain favor with other countries by asking for their help.
(d) He's trying to intimidate other countries with boasts about Russia's well-being.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
2. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
3. What does Sergetov tell the Politburo about the state of Russian affairs?
4. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
5. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)