|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
(a) Seven to nine days.
(b) Three to four years.
(c) Six to eight months.
(d) Two to three weeks.
2. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
(a) By being fearful toward the Russian government.
(b) They are angry that the Russian government interfered with the military.
(c) They are pleased that rogue officers were caught and punished.
(d) By being more deeply committed to the Russian government.
3. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
(a) Patrick Flynn.
(b) William Calloway.
(c) Williams Blake.
(d) Michael Evans.
4. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
(a) He's trying to draw attention away from Russia's weakened state.
(b) He's trying to intimidate other countries with boasts about Russia's well-being.
(c) He's trying to divert attention from Russia's upcoming offensive.
(d) He's trying to gain favor with other countries by asking for their help.
5. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
(a) The USS Pharris.
(b) The USS Davis.
(c) The USS Lincolon.
(d) The USS Ingham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
2. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
3. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
4. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
5. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)