|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
(b) Desert Storm.
(c) Black Night.
(d) Red Storm.
2. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
(a) Military helicopters.
(b) Sophisticated fire extinguishers.
(c) Hundreds of firefighters and volunteers.
(d) A freak snowstorm.
3. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
(a) The European Union.
(b) The United Nations.
(d) The Russian Council.
4. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
(a) That oil is more important than the lives of Russian citizens.
(b) That it's safer to send Russians to war than to let them live cold and hungry.
(c) That the Russian people want to go to war to make their country richer.
(d) That the Politburo wants to go to war because they hate other countries.
5. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
(a) William Calloway.
(b) Williams Blake.
(c) Patrick Flynn.
(d) Michael Evans.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
2. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
3. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
4. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
5. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)