|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Russian Politburo?
(a) Ten men who are responsible for Russia's energy production.
(b) Sixteen men who comprise Russia's Supreme Court.
(c) Thirteen men who make decisions for Russia.
(d) Twenty-five men who are in charge of Russia's military.
2. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
(a) The USS Ingham.
(b) The USS Lincolon.
(c) The USS Pharris.
(d) The USS Davis.
3. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
(a) He's trying to draw attention away from Russia's weakened state.
(b) He's trying to divert attention from Russia's upcoming offensive.
(c) He's trying to gain favor with other countries by asking for their help.
(d) He's trying to intimidate other countries with boasts about Russia's well-being.
4. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
(a) Tampa, Florida.
(b) Quantico, Virginia.
(c) Washington, D.C..
(d) Norfolk, Virginia.
5. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
(a) Food riots in Moscow.
(b) Russian battery shortages.
(c) Demonstrations and speeches in the heart of the Kremlin.
(d) Hijacking of oil shipments across the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
2. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
3. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
4. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
5. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)