|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
(a) Sophisticated fire extinguishers.
(b) A freak snowstorm.
(c) Hundreds of firefighters and volunteers.
(d) Military helicopters.
2. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
(a) A disgruntled employee.
(b) A leak in the refinery's valves.
(c) A technical malfunction.
(d) A careless employee.
3. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
(a) Patrick Flynn.
(b) Charles Nubuck.
(c) Ed Morris.
(d) William Calloway.
4. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
(a) Mistreating military recruits.
(b) Falsifying training records.
(c) Stealing and selling Russian weapons.
(d) Embezzeling military money.
5. What is the Russian Politburo?
(a) Sixteen men who comprise Russia's Supreme Court.
(b) Ten men who are responsible for Russia's energy production.
(c) Thirteen men who make decisions for Russia.
(d) Twenty-five men who are in charge of Russia's military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
2. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
3. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
4. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
5. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)