|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
(a) He is asked to return to active duty.
(b) He is dismissed from service and told to keep quiet about what he knows.
(c) His two-week reserve status is extended indefinitely.
(d) He is told to go on leave and return to the ship in a few weeks.
2. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
(a) Hundreds of firefighters and volunteers.
(b) Sophisticated fire extinguishers.
(c) Military helicopters.
(d) A freak snowstorm.
3. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
(a) Dmitri Shostakovich.
(b) Mikhail Eduardovich Sergetov.
(c) Alexander Taneyev.
(d) Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
4. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
(a) They fill torpedo tubes with concrete.
(b) They dismantle nuclear warheads.
(c) They shut down nuclear reactors.
(d) They take apart Russian rocket-launchers.
5. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
(a) Tampa, Florida.
(b) Quantico, Virginia.
(c) Washington, D.C..
(d) Norfolk, Virginia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
2. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
3. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
4. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
5. What is the Russian Politburo?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)