|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
(a) Stealing and selling Russian weapons.
(b) Embezzeling military money.
(c) Falsifying training records.
(d) Mistreating military recruits.
2. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
(b) Extensive military action.
(c) Shock and awe.
3. Who discovers the refinery fire?
(a) The Satellite Control Facility in Sunnyvale, California.
(b) An unnamed citizen in Franklin, North Carolina.
(c) The Satellite Watchdog Group in Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) The American military base in Norfolk, Virginia.
4. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
(a) Sergeant Chuck Meyers.
(b) Colonel Keith Oberhausen.
(c) Commander Raymond Jarvis.
(d) Vice Admiral Richard Pipes.
5. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
(a) Food riots in Moscow.
(b) Russian battery shortages.
(c) Demonstrations and speeches in the heart of the Kremlin.
(d) Hijacking of oil shipments across the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sergetov tell the Politburo about the state of Russian affairs?
2. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
3. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
4. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
5. What is the Russian Politburo?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)