|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
(a) A prayer for the people he killed.
(b) A map of the refinery.
(c) Part of his father's Koran.
(d) Instructions on how to loosen the refinery's valves.
2. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
(b) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
(c) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
(d) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
3. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
(a) Patrick Flynn.
(b) Charles Nubuck.
(c) Ed Morris.
(d) William Calloway.
4. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
(a) He's skeptical about their honesty concerning their disarmament.
(b) He's indifferent about the arms reduction.
(c) He's excited to see that the Russians are taking steps toward peace.
(d) He's tense about the reduction of arms in the Russian military.
5. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
(a) The USS Ingham.
(b) The USS Lincolon.
(c) The USS Davis.
(d) The USS Pharris.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
2. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
3. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
4. What does Sergetov tell the Politburo about the state of Russian affairs?
5. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)