|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
(a) A technical malfunction.
(b) A careless employee.
(c) A leak in the refinery's valves.
(d) A disgruntled employee.
2. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
(a) By being fearful toward the Russian government.
(b) They are angry that the Russian government interfered with the military.
(c) They are pleased that rogue officers were caught and punished.
(d) By being more deeply committed to the Russian government.
3. What does Sergetov tell the Politburo about the state of Russian affairs?
(a) That Russia is financially strong, but will need foreign oil to keep its citizens warm.
(b) That Russia is financially strong and has sufficient resources to survive the new year.
(c) That Russia is weak and will have to depend on other countries to survive the new year.
(d) That Russia should feign weakness to gain foreign sympathies.
4. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
(a) Russian battery shortages.
(b) Food riots in Moscow.
(c) Hijacking of oil shipments across the country.
(d) Demonstrations and speeches in the heart of the Kremlin.
5. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
(a) Vice Admiral Richard Pipes.
(b) Colonel Keith Oberhausen.
(c) Commander Raymond Jarvis.
(d) Sergeant Chuck Meyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
2. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
3. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
4. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
5. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)