|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
(a) Falsifying training records.
(b) Mistreating military recruits.
(c) Embezzeling military money.
(d) Stealing and selling Russian weapons.
2. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
(a) Pavel Alekeseyev.
(b) Major Chapeyev.
(c) Ibrahim Tolkaze.
(d) Commander Daniel X. McCafferty.
3. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
(b) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
(c) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
(d) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
4. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
(a) A prayer for the people he killed.
(b) A map of the refinery.
(c) Instructions on how to loosen the refinery's valves.
(d) Part of his father's Koran.
5. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
(a) The USS Ingham.
(b) The USS Lincolon.
(c) The USS Pharris.
(d) The USS Davis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sergetov tell the Politburo about the state of Russian affairs?
2. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
3. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
4. What is the Russian Politburo?
5. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)