|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
(a) Red Storm.
(b) Desert Storm.
(c) Black Night.
2. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
(a) Cambodia and South Korea.
(b) West Germany and the Low Countries.
(c) Afghanistan and Jordan.
(d) England and Ireland.
3. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
(a) He's skeptical about their honesty concerning their disarmament.
(b) He's indifferent about the arms reduction.
(c) He's excited to see that the Russians are taking steps toward peace.
(d) He's tense about the reduction of arms in the Russian military.
4. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
(a) Stealing and selling Russian weapons.
(b) Falsifying training records.
(c) Mistreating military recruits.
(d) Embezzeling military money.
5. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
(a) Demonstrations and speeches in the heart of the Kremlin.
(b) Russian battery shortages.
(c) Hijacking of oil shipments across the country.
(d) Food riots in Moscow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
2. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
3. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
4. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
5. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)