|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
(a) They take apart Russian rocket-launchers.
(b) They shut down nuclear reactors.
(c) They fill torpedo tubes with concrete.
(d) They dismantle nuclear warheads.
2. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
(a) A technical malfunction.
(b) A leak in the refinery's valves.
(c) A careless employee.
(d) A disgruntled employee.
3. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
(a) Norfolk, Virginia.
(b) Tampa, Florida.
(c) Washington, D.C..
(d) Quantico, Virginia.
4. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
(a) Military helicopters.
(b) Hundreds of firefighters and volunteers.
(c) Sophisticated fire extinguishers.
(d) A freak snowstorm.
5. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
(a) Embezzeling military money.
(b) Falsifying training records.
(c) Stealing and selling Russian weapons.
(d) Mistreating military recruits.
Short Answer Questions
1. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
2. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
3. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
4. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
5. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)