|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
(a) They dismantle nuclear warheads.
(b) They shut down nuclear reactors.
(c) They take apart Russian rocket-launchers.
(d) They fill torpedo tubes with concrete.
2. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
(a) Russia's strong military and financial wealth.
(b) A proposal for arms reduction.
(c) A proposal to build more oil refineries.
(d) A plea for other countries to send Russia money and oil.
3. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
(a) A prayer for the people he killed.
(b) Part of his father's Koran.
(c) A map of the refinery.
(d) Instructions on how to loosen the refinery's valves.
4. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
(a) Williams Blake.
(b) Michael Evans.
(c) William Calloway.
(d) Patrick Flynn.
5. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
(a) He's trying to intimidate other countries with boasts about Russia's well-being.
(b) He's trying to divert attention from Russia's upcoming offensive.
(c) He's trying to draw attention away from Russia's weakened state.
(d) He's trying to gain favor with other countries by asking for their help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
2. What is the Russian Politburo?
3. Who discovers the refinery fire?
4. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
5. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)