|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
(a) They are angry that the Russian government interfered with the military.
(b) By being more deeply committed to the Russian government.
(c) They are pleased that rogue officers were caught and punished.
(d) By being fearful toward the Russian government.
2. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
(a) Dmitri Shostakovich.
(b) Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
(c) Mikhail Eduardovich Sergetov.
(d) Alexander Taneyev.
3. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
(a) William Calloway.
(b) Williams Blake.
(c) Patrick Flynn.
(d) Michael Evans.
4. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
(a) That it's safer to send Russians to war than to let them live cold and hungry.
(b) That the Politburo wants to go to war because they hate other countries.
(c) That the Russian people want to go to war to make their country richer.
(d) That oil is more important than the lives of Russian citizens.
5. What is the Russian Politburo?
(a) Ten men who are responsible for Russia's energy production.
(b) Thirteen men who make decisions for Russia.
(c) Sixteen men who comprise Russia's Supreme Court.
(d) Twenty-five men who are in charge of Russia's military.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
2. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
3. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
4. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
5. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)