|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Russian Politburo?
(a) Thirteen men who make decisions for Russia.
(b) Twenty-five men who are in charge of Russia's military.
(c) Sixteen men who comprise Russia's Supreme Court.
(d) Ten men who are responsible for Russia's energy production.
2. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
(a) Cambodia and South Korea.
(b) England and Ireland.
(c) West Germany and the Low Countries.
(d) Afghanistan and Jordan.
3. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
(a) Military helicopters.
(b) A freak snowstorm.
(c) Hundreds of firefighters and volunteers.
(d) Sophisticated fire extinguishers.
4. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
(a) That the Politburo wants to go to war because they hate other countries.
(b) That oil is more important than the lives of Russian citizens.
(c) That the Russian people want to go to war to make their country richer.
(d) That it's safer to send Russians to war than to let them live cold and hungry.
5. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
(a) Charles Nubuck.
(b) Patrick Flynn.
(c) William Calloway.
(d) Ed Morris.
Short Answer Questions
1. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
2. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
3. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
4. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
5. What does Sergetov tell the Politburo about the state of Russian affairs?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)