|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
(a) Washington, D.C..
(b) Tampa, Florida.
(c) Norfolk, Virginia.
(d) Quantico, Virginia.
2. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
(b) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
(c) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
(d) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
3. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
(a) Sergeant Chuck Meyers.
(b) Vice Admiral Richard Pipes.
(c) Colonel Keith Oberhausen.
(d) Commander Raymond Jarvis.
4. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
(a) Seven to nine days.
(b) Three to four years.
(c) Six to eight months.
(d) Two to three weeks.
5. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
(a) He's tense about the reduction of arms in the Russian military.
(b) He's skeptical about their honesty concerning their disarmament.
(c) He's excited to see that the Russians are taking steps toward peace.
(d) He's indifferent about the arms reduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
2. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
3. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
4. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
5. What does Sergetov tell the Politburo about the state of Russian affairs?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)