|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
2. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
(a) Desert Storm.
(b) Black Night.
(d) Red Storm.
3. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
(a) Tampa, Florida.
(b) Washington, D.C..
(c) Norfolk, Virginia.
(d) Quantico, Virginia.
4. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
(a) He's trying to intimidate other countries with boasts about Russia's well-being.
(b) He's trying to draw attention away from Russia's weakened state.
(c) He's trying to divert attention from Russia's upcoming offensive.
(d) He's trying to gain favor with other countries by asking for their help.
5. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
(a) That it's safer to send Russians to war than to let them live cold and hungry.
(b) That the Russian people want to go to war to make their country richer.
(c) That oil is more important than the lives of Russian citizens.
(d) That the Politburo wants to go to war because they hate other countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
2. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
3. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
4. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
5. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)