|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
(a) The USS Davis.
(b) The USS Pharris.
(c) The USS Ingham.
(d) The USS Lincolon.
2. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
(a) A careless employee.
(b) A leak in the refinery's valves.
(c) A disgruntled employee.
(d) A technical malfunction.
3. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
(a) A proposal to build more oil refineries.
(b) Russia's strong military and financial wealth.
(c) A proposal for arms reduction.
(d) A plea for other countries to send Russia money and oil.
4. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
(b) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
(c) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
(d) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
5. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
(a) Military helicopters.
(b) Sophisticated fire extinguishers.
(c) Hundreds of firefighters and volunteers.
(d) A freak snowstorm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
2. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
3. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
4. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
5. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)