|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
(a) Toland thinks it's important; his superiors have him investigate furthur.
(b) Toland thinks it's trivial; his superiors agree.
(c) Toland thinks it's important; his superiors don't.
(d) Toland thinks it's trivial; his superiors think it's important.
2. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
(a) He's trying to gain favor with other countries by asking for their help.
(b) He's trying to intimidate other countries with boasts about Russia's well-being.
(c) He's trying to draw attention away from Russia's weakened state.
(d) He's trying to divert attention from Russia's upcoming offensive.
3. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
(a) Red Storm.
(b) Black Night.
(d) Desert Storm.
4. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
(a) He's tense about the reduction of arms in the Russian military.
(b) He's skeptical about their honesty concerning their disarmament.
(c) He's indifferent about the arms reduction.
(d) He's excited to see that the Russians are taking steps toward peace.
5. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
Short Answer Questions
1. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
2. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
3. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
4. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
5. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)