Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
(a) A proposal for arms reduction.
(b) Russia's strong military and financial wealth.
(c) A plea for other countries to send Russia money and oil.
(d) A proposal to build more oil refineries.
2. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
(a) The Politburo used the funeral as an excuse to discuss politics publicly.
(b) One of the parents of the deceased made a scene.
(c) He feels responsible for the death of the children.
(d) Half of the people who knew about the attack were at the funeral.
3. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
(a) Michael Evans.
(b) Patrick Flynn.
(c) Williams Blake.
(d) William Calloway.
4. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
(a) They shut down nuclear reactors.
(b) They take apart Russian rocket-launchers.
(c) They dismantle nuclear warheads.
(d) They fill torpedo tubes with concrete.
5. What is notable about the "terrorist's" statement that angers Toland's superiors?
(a) The man's story is full of holes and contradictions.
(b) The terrorist's story is too perfect.
(c) The man is too emotional about his story.
(d) There are no hard facts available about the attack or the terrorist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
2. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
3. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
4. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
5. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)