Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sergetov tell the Politburo about the state of Russian affairs?
(a) That Russia is financially strong and has sufficient resources to survive the new year.
(b) That Russia should feign weakness to gain foreign sympathies.
(c) That Russia is financially strong, but will need foreign oil to keep its citizens warm.
(d) That Russia is weak and will have to depend on other countries to survive the new year.
2. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
(a) Ed Morris.
(b) Charles Nubuck.
(c) Patrick Flynn.
(d) William Calloway.
3. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
(a) A map of the refinery.
(b) Instructions on how to loosen the refinery's valves.
(c) A prayer for the people he killed.
(d) Part of his father's Koran.
4. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
(a) By being more deeply committed to the Russian government.
(b) They are pleased that rogue officers were caught and punished.
(c) They are angry that the Russian government interfered with the military.
(d) By being fearful toward the Russian government.
5. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
(a) England and Ireland.
(b) Cambodia and South Korea.
(c) Afghanistan and Jordan.
(d) West Germany and the Low Countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
2. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
3. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
4. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
5. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)