|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Alekeseyev and Sergetov when their helicopter is shot down?
2. What do Edwards and his men do when they realize that they have been located by the Russians on the mountain?
(a) They radio an Allied helicopter to come shoot the Russians.
(b) They scatter and hide in the mountains.
(c) They take defensive positions and wait for the Russians to come close to them.
(d) They retreat to another hill.
3. Doghouse tells Edwards and his men are told to "take a little hike." Where are they supposed to go?
(a) The nearest American ship.
(b) To meet up with another group of stranded Marines.
(c) A town called Hvammsfjordur.
(d) A distant Marine outpost.
4. The men that escape the sunken submarine are captured and taken on board the Pharris. How are they treated?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are locked in a store room and given minimal food and water.
(c) They are well cared for, but they are separated from the rest of the crew.
(d) They are tortured for information.
5. What boat is Toland on when the Russians attack?
(a) The Chicago.
(b) The Lincolon.
(c) The Pharris.
(d) The Nimitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Four hovercraft are about to land on Iceland's coast. Why weren't they noticed by the Navy sooner?
2. What important thing does Edwards tell Vigdis about his feelings toward her before they are rescued?
3. What is the name of the man who escapes the Keflavik air base and uses a radio to spread news of the attack?
4. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
5. How does Morris communicate with the Russian prisoners from the sunken submarine?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)