|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the supposed occupation of the "terrorist"?
(a) A bomb manufacturer.
(b) A military specialist.
(c) A demolition worker.
(d) A spy.
2. How many men escape the submarine that the Pharris sinks?
3. After Russians sink both submarines that are traveling with the Chicago, what country's submarine contacts the Chicago and asks them if they are alone?
4. Who discovers the refinery fire?
(a) The Satellite Watchdog Group in Atlanta, Georgia.
(b) The American military base in Norfolk, Virginia.
(c) An unnamed citizen in Franklin, North Carolina.
(d) The Satellite Control Facility in Sunnyvale, California.
5. When Calloway interviews O'Malley about sinking the submarine, what does O'Malley point out about the American military?
(a) The Russians fired on the Americans first.
(b) The military never takes joy in sinking enemy vessels.
(c) That Calloway can not understand combat because he's a civilian.
(d) The military never uses the word "killing."
Short Answer Questions
1. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
2. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
3. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
4. The Russian KGB takes what political body hostage?
5. What important thing does Edwards tell Vigdis about his feelings toward her before they are rescued?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)