|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
(a) They think that Chernyavin is still in prison.
(b) They think that Chernyavin is working for the Germans.
(c) They are now under new leadership.
(d) They believe that Chernyavin is dead.
2. Alekeseyev is promised that the Russian Navy can achieve a certain goal. What is it?
(a) They can "close" the Atlantic.
(b) They can defeat the Americans.
(c) They can destroy NATO.
(d) They can return home soon.
3. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
(a) Patrick Flynn.
(b) Williams Blake.
(c) William Calloway.
(d) Michael Evans.
4. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
(a) Vice Admiral Richard Pipes.
(b) Commander Raymond Jarvis.
(c) Sergeant Chuck Meyers.
(d) Colonel Keith Oberhausen.
5. After the Russians have gained control of the air base, what is their one significant problem?
(a) Their commander was killed by a stray bullet.
(b) Their missiles are damaged by saltwater.
(c) Their ship sank, and they are stranded at the base.
(d) Some of their weapons were lost during the battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What boat is Toland on when the Russians attack?
2. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
3. What causes a Russian soldier to locate Edwards and his men on the mountain?
4. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
5. When the Russians discover the soldiers Edwards's group killed at the farmhouse, what do they decide to do?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)