|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Morris warns the crew of the USS Pharris that the ship's orders have changed. What does he tell them?
(a) Drills will continue to be conducted, but no one is to fire upon enemy ships.
(b) No more drills will be conducted; their new mission is to track all enemy ships.
(c) All personnel are to increase security and report any suspicious activity.
(d) No more drills will be conducted; all calls to arms will be real.
2. While the Russian soldiers are looking for Edwards and his men, what happens to distract them?
(a) They find and shoot a deer.
(b) They are attacked by Allied planes.
(c) They recieve orders to relocate to a different part of the country.
(d) They are faced with an angry mob of locals.
3. Where are Alekeseyev and Sergetov when their helicopter is shot down?
4. What does Morris do to gain information from the Russian prisoners about the whereabouts of other vessels?
(a) He tortures them for information.
(b) He tries to convince the Russians to cooperate.
(c) He witholds food and water until they tell him where other ships are located.
(d) He gives the Russians liquor and bugs their rooms.
5. After Morris arrives in Boston, to what city is he sent?
(a) Norfolk, VA.
(b) Newport, RI.
(c) Quantico, VA.
(d) Tampa, FL.
Short Answer Questions
1. McCafferty fires three torpedoes at a Russian convoy, but is unable to confirm a hit. Why?
2. Edwards notes that Vigdis does not complain about having to move about in hostile territory. Why is this especially significant?
3. After O'Malley sinks his first live submarine, what does he say about his feelings?
4. Before Morris sails from New York Harbor, he is joined by a reporter. What is the reporter's name?
5. What is the name of the man who leads a mission that targets thirty-six bridges and Soviet troop support?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)