|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
(a) Major Chapeyev.
(b) Ibrahim Tolkaze.
(c) Pavel Alekeseyev.
(d) Commander Daniel X. McCafferty.
2. What happens to the captain that Morris replaces on his new ship?
(a) He collapses due to a bleeding ulcer.
(b) He dies in an enemy attack.
(c) He has a nervous breakdown.
(d) He suffers from epilepsy.
3. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
(a) Faking an attack would allow Russia to declare war on another country.
(b) Faking a terrorist attack would make other countries feel bad for Russia and offer them oil.
(c) An explosion would frighten Russians and make them want to go to war.
(d) Faking a terrorist attack would justify heightened military activity.
4. Doghouse tells Edwards and his men are told to "take a little hike." Where are they supposed to go?
(a) A town called Hvammsfjordur.
(b) To meet up with another group of stranded Marines.
(c) The nearest American ship.
(d) A distant Marine outpost.
5. Where does First Lieutenant Mike Edwards stay to monitor the situation at the air base?
(a) A local man's house.
(b) Hill 152.
(c) A nearby barn.
(d) An abandoned building on the base.
Short Answer Questions
1. Morris decides to treat the prisoners from the sunken submarine in a very unusual way. Why does Morris decide to treat the prisoners this way?
2. What happened to O'Malley that makes him relate to Morris's grief about the death of his men?
3. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
4. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
5. Five Russian soldiers die in the family's farmhouse. How are they killed?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)