|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
(a) Michael Evans.
(b) William Calloway.
(c) Patrick Flynn.
(d) Williams Blake.
2. Morris decides to treat the prisoners from the sunken submarine in a very unusual way. Why does Morris decide to treat the prisoners this way?
(a) It's to avenge the deaths of the soldiers the Russians killed.
(b) It's to prevent the Russians from spying on the Americans.
(c) It's the safest way to get the Russians off the Pharris.
(d) It's the best way to gain information from them.
3. Why does the captain of the Julius Fucik decide to take that course of action?
(a) The boat is too damaged to dock properly.
(b) The captain plans to return with reinforcements.
(c) The captain is certain that he can destroy the air base alone.
(d) The captain is afraid his enemies will discover Russia's plans for Red Storm.
4. The Russian KGB takes what political body hostage?
(a) The Icelandic Parliament.
(b) The heads of Iceland's military.
(c) The Icelandic Supreme Court.
(d) NATO officials living in Iceland.
5. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
2. What happened to O'Malley that makes him relate to Morris's grief about the death of his men?
3. What does Morris do to gain information from the Russian prisoners about the whereabouts of other vessels?
4. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
5. What is the name of the defensive maneuver that the Allied forces execute in Chapter 35?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)