|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
(a) A proposal for arms reduction.
(b) A plea for other countries to send Russia money and oil.
(c) Russia's strong military and financial wealth.
(d) A proposal to build more oil refineries.
2. What is the name of the defensive maneuver that the Allied forces execute in Chapter 35?
3. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
(a) They are angry that the Russian government interfered with the military.
(b) By being fearful toward the Russian government.
(c) They are pleased that rogue officers were caught and punished.
(d) By being more deeply committed to the Russian government.
4. Morris did not receive much warning that the journalist was to join his ship, but he determines that the journalist is professional. Why?
(a) The journalist only carries one bag.
(b) The journalist stays out of the way.
(c) The journalist is very well-spoken.
(d) The journalist has a good reputation.
5. Chernyavin picks up a package at a post office. What does it contain?
(a) Plans for the Reichstag building.
(b) Plans for the NATO headquarters.
(c) The blueprint for the German Chancellor's house.
(d) A map of the office of the Bundestag, or German parliament.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does O'Malley, a member of Morris' crew, offer the credit for the submarine kill to the other ship?
2. How do Alekeseyev and Sergetov leave the scene the helicopter crash?
3. Toland observes that the Allied forces are capable of beating the Russians, but they must be able to do what first?
4. What are Edwards and his men told to do once they leave their hiding place?
5. What causes a Russian soldier to locate Edwards and his men on the mountain?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)