|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important thing does Edwards tell Vigdis about his feelings toward her before they are rescued?
(a) He tells her that he views her as a sister.
(b) He tells her that he loves her.
(c) He tells her that he has to leave the country without her.
(d) He tells her that she reminds him of his girlfriend.
2. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
(a) Toland thinks it's trivial; his superiors think it's important.
(b) Toland thinks it's trivial; his superiors agree.
(c) Toland thinks it's important; his superiors have him investigate furthur.
(d) Toland thinks it's important; his superiors don't.
3. What is the full name of the captain of the Battleaxe?
(a) Jacob Harrison.
(b) Nick D'Onofrio.
(c) Robert Paulson.
(d) Doug Perrin.
4. An American soldier and Major Chapeyev are shot down in the same area, and Chapeyev attempts to take the American captive. What does the American ask the Chapeyev that dissuades him from doing so?
(a) He asks the Russian if he can really bear to kill him in cold blood.
(b) He asks the Russian if captives really matter at sea.
(c) He asks the Russian if he has enough shark repellent.
(d) He asks the Russian to share his water with him.
5. How does Morris get the Pharris back to land after it is damaged?
(a) He fixes and restarts the engines.
(b) He engages the ship's secondary engines.
(c) He arranges for a tug to pull them back to shore.
(d) He plugs the holes in the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edwards and his group are supposed to reach a nearby mountain where they hope to be picked up. What are they supposed to do once they reach their destination?
2. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
3. What is the Russian Politburo?
4. McCafferty fires three torpedoes at a Russian convoy, but is unable to confirm a hit. Why?
5. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)