|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Five Russian soldiers die in the family's farmhouse. How are they killed?
(a) Edwards and his men kill them.
(b) The family shoots them.
(c) They get in a fight and kill each other.
(d) They eat poisoned food that the family gave them.
2. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
(a) The Soviets attack American forces.
(b) The Soviets launch missiles at American warships.
(c) The American government decides to scrap the operation.
(d) The American satellites go down.
3. The U.S. fires on the Julius Fucik, but are unable to sink the boat. What does the captain of the ship do?
(a) He flees back to Russia.
(b) He forcefully drives the ship into port.
(c) He blows up the boat to avoid capture.
(d) He returns fire until his enemies give up.
4. On the Pharris, Morris realizes that the loss of the Keflavik air base is more significant than he once anticipated. Why?
(a) It allows the Russians to bring in reinforcements.
(b) It means the Navy can not use any air planes.
(c) It allows the Russians to attack both by air and by sea.
(d) It means that the Navy can not contact their ships at sea.
5. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
(a) A careless employee.
(b) A disgruntled employee.
(c) A leak in the refinery's valves.
(d) A technical malfunction.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Edwards's move away from his location, something happens that makes him ashamed of himself. What is it?
2. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
3. Edwards and his men are supposed to hike about two hundred miles. How long is their journey supposed to last?
4. What is the name of the man who leads a mission that targets thirty-six bridges and Soviet troop support?
5. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)