|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Command asks Edwards a series of questions to confirm his identity. One question makes him so angry he refuses to answer. What was it?
(a) What happened to his girlfriend.
(b) Where his mother is buried.
(c) Why his father left his family.
(d) Why his wife divorced him.
2. During his interview with Calloway, O'Malley says that the Allied troops' ability to survive depends on what?
(a) All troops working independantly, apart from each other.
(b) The Allies' ability to unite with other countries.
(c) All parts of the military's defenses working together.
(d) The Allied forces' ability to keep their plans secret.
3. Alekeseyev is promised that the Russian Navy can achieve a certain goal. What is it?
(a) They can defeat the Americans.
(b) They can destroy NATO.
(c) They can "close" the Atlantic.
(d) They can return home soon.
4. What marking will the Pharris receive that indicates that it has sunk a submarine?
(a) A special flag will be flown on the ship.
(b) The Pharris will be given a new name.
(c) A submarine will be painted on the bow.
(d) All of the men will be given special medals.
5. Five Russian soldiers die in the family's farmhouse. How are they killed?
(a) They get in a fight and kill each other.
(b) The family shoots them.
(c) They eat poisoned food that the family gave them.
(d) Edwards and his men kill them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
2. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
3. What does Morris do to gain information from the Russian prisoners about the whereabouts of other vessels?
4. Where is the air base in Iceland?
5. After O'Malley sinks his first live submarine, what does he say about his feelings?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)