|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
(b) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
(c) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
(d) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
2. Edwards and his men are supposed to hike about two hundred miles. How long is their journey supposed to last?
(a) A month.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Ten days.
3. What is Toland's first order of business once he reaches safety?
(a) To notify his family that he is safe.
(b) To return immediately to America.
(c) To give an account of the attack to military officials.
(d) To report to his commanding officers.
4. In chapters 27-34, the Americans attack the Russians at the air base using what new technology?
(a) Unmanned fighter drones.
(b) Planes that are undetected by radars.
(c) Radar-jamming technology.
(d) Heat-seeking missiles.
5. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
(a) Michael Evans.
(b) William Calloway.
(c) Williams Blake.
(d) Patrick Flynn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edwards notes that Vigdis does not complain about having to move about in hostile territory. Why is this especially significant?
2. After O'Malley sinks his first submarine, Morris asks him when he'll be ready to fly again. What does he say?
3. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
4. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
5. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)