|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
(a) Vice Admiral Richard Pipes.
(b) Colonel Keith Oberhausen.
(c) Commander Raymond Jarvis.
(d) Sergeant Chuck Meyers.
2. After the Russians have gained control of the air base, what is their one significant problem?
(a) Their missiles are damaged by saltwater.
(b) Their commander was killed by a stray bullet.
(c) Some of their weapons were lost during the battle.
(d) Their ship sank, and they are stranded at the base.
3. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
(a) Six to eight months.
(b) Three to four years.
(c) Two to three weeks.
(d) Seven to nine days.
4. During his interview with Calloway, O'Malley says that the Allied troops' ability to survive depends on what?
(a) All parts of the military's defenses working together.
(b) The Allies' ability to unite with other countries.
(c) The Allied forces' ability to keep their plans secret.
(d) All troops working independantly, apart from each other.
5. How does O'Malley try to help Morris deal with the deaths of the men on the Pharris?
(a) He encourages Morris to forget about the Pharris and focus on his new crew.
(b) He asks Morris to write about the details of the attack.
(c) He recommends that Morris see a psychiatrist.
(d) He asks him to have a drink and has him talk about what happened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vessel does the USS Pharris sink?
2. A Russian soldier named Chernyavin is in Germany. He is disguised as what kind of person?
3. McCafferty fires three torpedoes at a Russian convoy, but is unable to confirm a hit. Why?
4. How does Morris get the Pharris back to land after it is damaged?
5. In Iceland, Edwards and his men near the hill Doghouse told them to reach but are unable to approach it. Why?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)