|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the defensive maneuver that the Allied forces execute in Chapter 35?
2. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
(a) The Russian military.
(b) A German attack on Russia.
(c) Nuclear War.
(d) World War I.
3. During Edwards's move away from his location, something happens that makes him ashamed of himself. What is it?
(a) He freezes while crossing a road and is nearly discovered.
(b) He loses his temper and slaps one of his men.
(c) He executes a Russian patrol that discovers his men.
(d) One of his men is killed by a Russian patrol.
4. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
(b) Black Night.
(c) Desert Storm.
(d) Red Storm.
5. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
(a) Six to eight months.
(b) Seven to nine days.
(c) Three to four years.
(d) Two to three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
2. After the Russians have gained control of the air base, what is their one significant problem?
3. Four hovercraft are about to land on Iceland's coast. Why weren't they noticed by the Navy sooner?
4. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
5. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)