|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Edwards and his men told to do if they find themselves in danger?
(a) "Peace out."
(b) "Surrender immediately."
(c) "Bug out."
(d) "Retreat and evade."
2. When Edward and Vigdis encounter an enemy helicopter, how do they avoid detection?
(a) They pretend to be village fishermen.
(b) They hide in the reeds on the riverbank.
(c) They dive into the river..
(d) They pose as a young, romantic couple.
3. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
(a) That oil is more important than the lives of Russian citizens.
(b) That the Russian people want to go to war to make their country richer.
(c) That it's safer to send Russians to war than to let them live cold and hungry.
(d) That the Politburo wants to go to war because they hate other countries.
4. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
(a) A proposal for arms reduction.
(b) Russia's strong military and financial wealth.
(c) A proposal to build more oil refineries.
(d) A plea for other countries to send Russia money and oil.
5. What code name is given to Edwards?
Short Answer Questions
1. What boat is Toland on when the Russians attack?
2. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
3. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
4. What happens at a local farmhouse when Edwards and his men prepare to ask for food?
5. The U.S. fires on the Julius Fucik, but are unable to sink the boat. What does the captain of the ship do?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)