|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does O'Malley, a member of Morris' crew, offer the credit for the submarine kill to the other ship?
(a) O'Mally dislikes Morris and wants to make him look bad.
(b) The other ship hit the submarine first.
(c) The other ship will have to fill out the environmental impact statement.
(d) The other ship has never hit a submarine.
2. Command asks Edwards a series of questions to confirm his identity. One question makes him so angry he refuses to answer. What was it?
(a) Why his wife divorced him.
(b) What happened to his girlfriend.
(c) Where his mother is buried.
(d) Why his father left his family.
3. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
(b) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
(c) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
(d) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
4. Why is O'Malley worried about Morris's ability to captain the Ruben James?
(a) He lost men on the Pharris, and may find returning to command too stressful.
(b) Morris is disliked by the other men on the ship.
(c) O'Mally believes that Morris is too inexperienced to captain such a large ship.
(d) Morris says that he is tired of being in command and wishes to return to port.
5. Four hovercraft are about to land on Iceland's coast. Why weren't they noticed by the Navy sooner?
(a) They flew too quickly to be recognized.
(b) They were disguised.
(c) The Russians caused a diversion.
(d) The Navy's radar did not see them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
2. After the Russians have gained control of the air base, what is their one significant problem?
3. What is the name of the girl Edwards and his men take with them when they leave the village?
4. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
5. Of the people who died in the attack on Russia, how many were children?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)