|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
(a) They fill torpedo tubes with concrete.
(b) They shut down nuclear reactors.
(c) They dismantle nuclear warheads.
(d) They take apart Russian rocket-launchers.
2. Of the people who died in the attack on Russia, how many were children?
3. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
(a) A technical malfunction.
(b) A disgruntled employee.
(c) A careless employee.
(d) A leak in the refinery's valves.
4. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
(a) He showed bravery by being the last man out of the vehicle.
(b) He convinced the others to trust Chernyavin.
(c) The explosion destroyed their paperwork so the enemy can't get it.
(d) He is very eager to begin fighting the Germans.
5. Who discovers the refinery fire?
(a) The Satellite Control Facility in Sunnyvale, California.
(b) The Satellite Watchdog Group in Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) The American military base in Norfolk, Virginia.
(d) An unnamed citizen in Franklin, North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
2. What happens to Chernyavin after he is caught?
3. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
4. What is the supposed occupation of the "terrorist"?
5. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)