|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
2. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
(c) Extensive military action.
(d) Shock and awe.
3. What is the Russian Politburo?
(a) Thirteen men who make decisions for Russia.
(b) Sixteen men who comprise Russia's Supreme Court.
(c) Ten men who are responsible for Russia's energy production.
(d) Twenty-five men who are in charge of Russia's military.
4. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
(a) He's excited to see that the Russians are taking steps toward peace.
(b) He's indifferent about the arms reduction.
(c) He's tense about the reduction of arms in the Russian military.
(d) He's skeptical about their honesty concerning their disarmament.
5. What is the name of the alleged terrorist who admits to the attack on Russia?
(a) Axel Springer.
(b) Franz Meinhof.
(c) Horst Mahler.
(d) Gerhardt Falken.
Short Answer Questions
1. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
2. What is notable about the "terrorist's" statement that angers Toland's superiors?
3. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
4. What does Sergetov tell the Politburo about the state of Russian affairs?
5. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)