|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the full name of the adviser to the Russian government, who specializes in energy production?
(a) Mikhail Eduardovich Sergetov.
(b) Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
(c) Alexander Taneyev.
(d) Dmitri Shostakovich.
2. What is the Russian Politburo?
(a) Thirteen men who make decisions for Russia.
(b) Sixteen men who comprise Russia's Supreme Court.
(c) Ten men who are responsible for Russia's energy production.
(d) Twenty-five men who are in charge of Russia's military.
3. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
(a) He feels responsible for the death of the children.
(b) Half of the people who knew about the attack were at the funeral.
(c) One of the parents of the deceased made a scene.
(d) The Politburo used the funeral as an excuse to discuss politics publicly.
4. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
(a) Sophisticated fire extinguishers.
(b) A freak snowstorm.
(c) Hundreds of firefighters and volunteers.
(d) Military helicopters.
5. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
(a) They believe that Chernyavin is dead.
(b) They think that Chernyavin is still in prison.
(c) They think that Chernyavin is working for the Germans.
(d) They are now under new leadership.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
2. Highly-trained Russian forces begin fighting on the ground in Germany. What is the special title of those forces?
3. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
4. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
5. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)