|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chernyavin picks up a package at a post office. What does it contain?
(a) The blueprint for the German Chancellor's house.
(b) A map of the office of the Bundestag, or German parliament.
(c) Plans for the NATO headquarters.
(d) Plans for the Reichstag building.
2. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
(a) Afghanistan and Jordan.
(b) West Germany and the Low Countries.
(c) Cambodia and South Korea.
(d) England and Ireland.
3. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
(a) Vice Admiral Richard Pipes.
(b) Commander Raymond Jarvis.
(c) Colonel Keith Oberhausen.
(d) Sergeant Chuck Meyers.
4. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
(a) He's trying to intimidate other countries with boasts about Russia's well-being.
(b) He's trying to gain favor with other countries by asking for their help.
(c) He's trying to divert attention from Russia's upcoming offensive.
(d) He's trying to draw attention away from Russia's weakened state.
5. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
(a) That Russia intends to go to war.
(b) That Russia is in desperate need of financial help from other countries.
(c) That Russia intends to ask other countries for oil.
(d) That Russia intends to continue their arms reduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
2. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
3. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
4. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
5. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)