|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
(a) He is asked to return to active duty.
(b) He is dismissed from service and told to keep quiet about what he knows.
(c) He is told to go on leave and return to the ship in a few weeks.
(d) His two-week reserve status is extended indefinitely.
2. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
(a) One of the parents of the deceased made a scene.
(b) The Politburo used the funeral as an excuse to discuss politics publicly.
(c) He feels responsible for the death of the children.
(d) Half of the people who knew about the attack were at the funeral.
3. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
(a) Quantico, Virginia.
(b) Tampa, Florida.
(c) Washington, D.C..
(d) Norfolk, Virginia.
4. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
(a) The Soviets attack American forces.
(b) The American satellites go down.
(c) The American government decides to scrap the operation.
(d) The Soviets launch missiles at American warships.
5. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
(a) He's excited to see that the Russians are taking steps toward peace.
(b) He's tense about the reduction of arms in the Russian military.
(c) He's skeptical about their honesty concerning their disarmament.
(d) He's indifferent about the arms reduction.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
2. What is notable about the "terrorist's" statement that angers Toland's superiors?
3. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
4. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
5. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)