|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
(a) Charles Nubuck.
(b) William Calloway.
(c) Patrick Flynn.
(d) Ed Morris.
2. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
(a) Retaliation against the alleged terrorist's country.
(b) Increased diplomacy to solve Russia's problems.
(c) Forgiveness and reconciliation with Russia's enemies.
(d) Political demonstrations to protest Russian oil shortages.
3. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
(a) Toland thinks it's trivial; his superiors think it's important.
(b) Toland thinks it's important; his superiors don't.
(c) Toland thinks it's trivial; his superiors agree.
(d) Toland thinks it's important; his superiors have him investigate furthur.
4. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
(a) That the Russian people want to go to war to make their country richer.
(b) That oil is more important than the lives of Russian citizens.
(c) That the Politburo wants to go to war because they hate other countries.
(d) That it's safer to send Russians to war than to let them live cold and hungry.
5. Sergetov admits that he almost wishes that he had been present at the time of the attack. Why?
(a) He wishes he could have been a hero because of his death.
(b) He feels that he could have stopped the attack.
(c) He thinks he could have saved some of the children.
(d) He thinks death may be preferable to playing along with the government's plot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Flynn and Calloway cover a speech by the Russian Foreign Minister. What does the Minister speak about?
2. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
3. Morris warns the crew of the USS Pharris that the ship's orders have changed. What does he tell them?
4. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
5. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)