|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
(a) One of the parents of the deceased made a scene.
(b) Half of the people who knew about the attack were at the funeral.
(c) He feels responsible for the death of the children.
(d) The Politburo used the funeral as an excuse to discuss politics publicly.
2. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
(a) Nuclear War.
(b) A German attack on Russia.
(c) The Russian military.
(d) World War I.
3. What is the name of the alleged terrorist who admits to the attack on Russia?
(a) Axel Springer.
(b) Horst Mahler.
(c) Gerhardt Falken.
(d) Franz Meinhof.
4. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
(a) Russian battery shortages.
(b) Demonstrations and speeches in the heart of the Kremlin.
(c) Hijacking of oil shipments across the country.
(d) Food riots in Moscow.
5. What is the supposed occupation of the "terrorist"?
(a) A bomb manufacturer.
(b) A military specialist.
(c) A spy.
(d) A demolition worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
2. What is the Russian Politburo?
3. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
4. What happens that leads to Chernyavin's discovery and arrest?
5. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)