|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
(a) He's tense about the reduction of arms in the Russian military.
(b) He's excited to see that the Russians are taking steps toward peace.
(c) He's indifferent about the arms reduction.
(d) He's skeptical about their honesty concerning their disarmament.
2. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
(a) Food riots in Moscow.
(b) Hijacking of oil shipments across the country.
(c) Russian battery shortages.
(d) Demonstrations and speeches in the heart of the Kremlin.
3. How many people were killed in the attack in Russia?
4. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
(a) They say that they fear the heightened government tensions, and say that they are fleeing the country.
(b) They pretend they do not speak English and go on their way.
(c) They say they fear escalating hostilities, and ask the Navy to help them in the event of an attack.
(d) They insist that they were off-course, and thank the Navy for bringing it to their attention.
5. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
(a) They shut down nuclear reactors.
(b) They fill torpedo tubes with concrete.
(c) They take apart Russian rocket-launchers.
(d) They dismantle nuclear warheads.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
2. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
3. What happens to Chernyavin after he is caught?
4. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
5. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)