|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
(a) The USS Pharris.
(b) The USS Ingham.
(c) The USS Davis.
(d) The USS Lincolon.
2. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
(a) Political demonstrations to protest Russian oil shortages.
(b) Increased diplomacy to solve Russia's problems.
(c) Forgiveness and reconciliation with Russia's enemies.
(d) Retaliation against the alleged terrorist's country.
3. Why is this mission to take out the bridges so important in the war against the Soviets?
(a) If it is successful, the Germans can not move into Russia.
(b) If the mission fails, the Russians can take more oil.
(c) If it is successful, Soviet reinforcements can not arrive.
(d) If the mission fails, the Germans will be trapped by the Soviets.
4. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
(a) Faking an attack would allow Russia to declare war on another country.
(b) An explosion would frighten Russians and make them want to go to war.
(c) Faking a terrorist attack would make other countries feel bad for Russia and offer them oil.
(d) Faking a terrorist attack would justify heightened military activity.
5. The execution of four Russian generals has a profound impact on the rest of the Russian military. How do other military officers respond?
(a) By being fearful toward the Russian government.
(b) By being more deeply committed to the Russian government.
(c) They are pleased that rogue officers were caught and punished.
(d) They are angry that the Russian government interfered with the military.
Short Answer Questions
1. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
2. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
3. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
4. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
5. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)