|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
(a) The USS Davis.
(b) The USS Ingham.
(c) The USS Lincolon.
(d) The USS Pharris.
2. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
(a) A leak in the refinery's valves.
(b) A disgruntled employee.
(c) A careless employee.
(d) A technical malfunction.
3. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
(a) He is to follow any enemy ships he finds, but is not to attack them.
(b) He is to engage any East Bloc warship or merchant ship.
(c) He is to call for reinforcements any time he encounters enemy ships.
(d) He is to evade any Soviet ships he encounters.
4. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
(a) They take apart Russian rocket-launchers.
(b) They shut down nuclear reactors.
(c) They dismantle nuclear warheads.
(d) They fill torpedo tubes with concrete.
5. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
(a) Sophisticated fire extinguishers.
(b) A freak snowstorm.
(c) Military helicopters.
(d) Hundreds of firefighters and volunteers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
2. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
3. Chernyavin picks up a package at a post office. What does it contain?
4. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
5. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)