|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
(a) Commander Raymond Jarvis.
(b) Sergeant Chuck Meyers.
(c) Colonel Keith Oberhausen.
(d) Vice Admiral Richard Pipes.
2. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
(a) Embezzeling military money.
(b) Mistreating military recruits.
(c) Falsifying training records.
(d) Stealing and selling Russian weapons.
3. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
(a) His two-week reserve status is extended indefinitely.
(b) He is asked to return to active duty.
(c) He is dismissed from service and told to keep quiet about what he knows.
(d) He is told to go on leave and return to the ship in a few weeks.
4. Why is this mission to take out the bridges so important in the war against the Soviets?
(a) If it is successful, the Germans can not move into Russia.
(b) If the mission fails, the Germans will be trapped by the Soviets.
(c) If the mission fails, the Russians can take more oil.
(d) If it is successful, Soviet reinforcements can not arrive.
5. Sergetov admits that he almost wishes that he had been present at the time of the attack. Why?
(a) He feels that he could have stopped the attack.
(b) He thinks death may be preferable to playing along with the government's plot.
(c) He wishes he could have been a hero because of his death.
(d) He thinks he could have saved some of the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the people who died in the attack on Russia, how many were children?
2. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
3. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
4. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
5. Morris warns the crew of the USS Pharris that the ship's orders have changed. What does he tell them?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)