|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
(a) The USS Ingham.
(b) The USS Davis.
(c) The USS Pharris.
(d) The USS Lincolon.
2. How does Flynn react to the Russian's show of reducing their arms?
(a) He's tense about the reduction of arms in the Russian military.
(b) He's skeptical about their honesty concerning their disarmament.
(c) He's excited to see that the Russians are taking steps toward peace.
(d) He's indifferent about the arms reduction.
3. What happens to Chernyavin after he is caught?
(a) He is executed for treason.
(b) He is sent back to Russia.
(c) He is drugged and reveals details about his mission.
(d) He is imprisoned until he confesses.
4. Why is this mission to take out the bridges so important in the war against the Soviets?
(a) If the mission fails, the Russians can take more oil.
(b) If the mission fails, the Germans will be trapped by the Soviets.
(c) If it is successful, the Germans can not move into Russia.
(d) If it is successful, Soviet reinforcements can not arrive.
5. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
(a) Food riots in Moscow.
(b) Hijacking of oil shipments across the country.
(c) Demonstrations and speeches in the heart of the Kremlin.
(d) Russian battery shortages.
Short Answer Questions
1. A Russian soldier named Chernyavin is in Germany. He is disguised as what kind of person?
2. What is the Russian Politburo?
3. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
4. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
5. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)