|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who leads a mission that targets thirty-six bridges and Soviet troop support?
(a) Colonel Douglas Ellington.
(b) Seargent Mikhail Barbarossa.
(c) Colonel Richard Sorge.
(d) Commander Wilhelm Keitel.
2. What is the Russian Politburo?
(a) Twenty-five men who are in charge of Russia's military.
(b) Ten men who are responsible for Russia's energy production.
(c) Thirteen men who make decisions for Russia.
(d) Sixteen men who comprise Russia's Supreme Court.
3. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
(a) That the Russian people want to go to war to make their country richer.
(b) That it's safer to send Russians to war than to let them live cold and hungry.
(c) That oil is more important than the lives of Russian citizens.
(d) That the Politburo wants to go to war because they hate other countries.
4. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
(a) Three to four years.
(b) Seven to nine days.
(c) Two to three weeks.
(d) Six to eight months.
5. Sergetov admits that he almost wishes that he had been present at the time of the attack. Why?
(a) He thinks he could have saved some of the children.
(b) He thinks death may be preferable to playing along with the government's plot.
(c) He wishes he could have been a hero because of his death.
(d) He feels that he could have stopped the attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Morris warns the crew of the USS Pharris that the ship's orders have changed. What does he tell them?
2. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
3. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
4. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
5. Who discovers the refinery fire?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)