|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
(a) There was a riot over the lack of oil.
(b) There was an explosion at the Kremlin.
(c) An important government official is kidnapped.
(d) Another oil refinery is attacked.
2. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
(a) The Soviets attack American forces.
(b) The American satellites go down.
(c) The Soviets launch missiles at American warships.
(d) The American government decides to scrap the operation.
3. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
(b) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
(c) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
(d) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
4. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
5. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
(a) That the Politburo wants to go to war because they hate other countries.
(b) That it's safer to send Russians to war than to let them live cold and hungry.
(c) That the Russian people want to go to war to make their country richer.
(d) That oil is more important than the lives of Russian citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
2. Morris warns the crew of the USS Pharris that the ship's orders have changed. What does he tell them?
3. How many people were killed in the attack in Russia?
4. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
5. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)