|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
(a) Instructions on how to loosen the refinery's valves.
(b) A map of the refinery.
(c) Part of his father's Koran.
(d) A prayer for the people he killed.
2. What happens to Chernyavin after he is caught?
(a) He is executed for treason.
(b) He is sent back to Russia.
(c) He is drugged and reveals details about his mission.
(d) He is imprisoned until he confesses.
3. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
4. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
(a) William Calloway.
(b) Patrick Flynn.
(c) Ed Morris.
(d) Charles Nubuck.
5. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
(a) NATO supply lines are compromised.
(b) Several planes are lost during the mission.
(c) NATO forces were ambushed and had to be left behind.
(d) Many troops are captured by the Soviets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
2. What is the Russian Politburo?
3. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
4. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
5. What was the message of the movie that was televised the night before the attack on the Kremlin?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)