|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
(a) He's trying to draw attention away from Russia's weakened state.
(b) He's trying to gain favor with other countries by asking for their help.
(c) He's trying to intimidate other countries with boasts about Russia's well-being.
(d) He's trying to divert attention from Russia's upcoming offensive.
2. What is the full name of the author of the article about the importance of the Russian oil fields?
(a) Patrick Flynn.
(b) Williams Blake.
(c) William Calloway.
(d) Michael Evans.
3. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
(a) Military helicopters.
(b) A freak snowstorm.
(c) Sophisticated fire extinguishers.
(d) Hundreds of firefighters and volunteers.
4. What was the message of the movie that was televised the night before the attack on the Kremlin?
(a) That Russia's military is ready to fight any country if the need arises.
(b) That Russians must disarm immediately to prevent nuclear war.
(c) That Russians must be ready to defend against a German attack.
(d) That Russians must be careful not to involve themselves in foreign affairs.
5. What is the supposed occupation of the "terrorist"?
(a) A spy.
(b) A demolition worker.
(c) A bomb manufacturer.
(d) A military specialist.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
2. Before the attack on the Keflavik air base, a Russian ship is secretly carrying Russian infantrymen. What is the name of that ship?
3. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
4. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
5. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)