|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 through 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
(a) The USS Davis.
(b) The USS Pharris.
(c) The USS Lincolon.
(d) The USS Ingham.
2. Chernyavin picks up a package at a post office. What does it contain?
(a) Plans for the NATO headquarters.
(b) The blueprint for the German Chancellor's house.
(c) Plans for the Reichstag building.
(d) A map of the office of the Bundestag, or German parliament.
3. What is the Russian Politburo?
(a) Twenty-five men who are in charge of Russia's military.
(b) Sixteen men who comprise Russia's Supreme Court.
(c) Thirteen men who make decisions for Russia.
(d) Ten men who are responsible for Russia's energy production.
4. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
(a) He is asked to return to active duty.
(b) He is dismissed from service and told to keep quiet about what he knows.
(c) He is told to go on leave and return to the ship in a few weeks.
(d) His two-week reserve status is extended indefinitely.
5. What is the name of the alleged terrorist who admits to the attack on Russia?
(a) Axel Springer.
(b) Gerhardt Falken.
(c) Franz Meinhof.
(d) Horst Mahler.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
2. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
3. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
4. An AP Moscow Correspondent publishes a new story about the Nizhnevartovskv oil refinery fire. What does it say caused the explosion?
5. What is the name of the man who leads a mission that targets thirty-six bridges and Soviet troop support?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)