|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
(b) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
(c) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
(d) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
2. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
(a) Faking a terrorist attack would justify heightened military activity.
(b) Faking a terrorist attack would make other countries feel bad for Russia and offer them oil.
(c) An explosion would frighten Russians and make them want to go to war.
(d) Faking an attack would allow Russia to declare war on another country.
3. What kind of vessel does the USS Pharris sink?
(a) A Russian oil tanker.
(b) A submarine.
(c) A warship.
(d) A merchant ship.
4. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
(a) Colonel Keith Oberhausen.
(b) Sergeant Chuck Meyers.
(c) Commander Raymond Jarvis.
(d) Vice Admiral Richard Pipes.
5. What is the Russian Politburo?
(a) Twenty-five men who are in charge of Russia's military.
(b) Ten men who are responsible for Russia's energy production.
(c) Sixteen men who comprise Russia's Supreme Court.
(d) Thirteen men who make decisions for Russia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What marking will the Pharris receive that indicates that it has sunk a submarine?
2. What is the code name for the command to which Edwards reports?
3. Where is the air base in Iceland?
4. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
5. What does Sergetov note about the Politburo's decision to go to war for oil?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)