|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
(a) Toland thinks it's important; his superiors have him investigate furthur.
(b) Toland thinks it's trivial; his superiors think it's important.
(c) Toland thinks it's trivial; his superiors agree.
(d) Toland thinks it's important; his superiors don't.
2. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
(a) Food riots in Moscow.
(b) Demonstrations and speeches in the heart of the Kremlin.
(c) Russian battery shortages.
(d) Hijacking of oil shipments across the country.
3. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
(a) That Russia intends to ask other countries for oil.
(b) That Russia is in desperate need of financial help from other countries.
(c) That Russia intends to continue their arms reduction.
(d) That Russia intends to go to war.
4. What happens that leads to Chernyavin's discovery and arrest?
(a) He is hit by a car.
(b) He is betrayed and is killed by German police.
(c) He is arrested for having a fake passport.
(d) He is robbed and the package taken from him.
5. After Toland's ship is put out of commission by the Russians, where is he sent?
(b) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
2. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
3. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
4. What is the code name of Russia's military offensive?
5. What was Edward's girlfriend's name?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)