|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Politburo decide after Sergetov's report?
(a) That they need oil, and that they must take it by force.
(b) That they need oil, and that they must purchase as much as possible.
(c) That secretly manufacturing weapons will solve their problems.
(d) That they need weapons, and should negotiate with Europe to get them.
2. During the attack on the Nizhnevartovsk oil refinery, Tolkaze stops for a moment to read something. What was it?
(a) A prayer for the people he killed.
(b) Part of his father's Koran.
(c) Instructions on how to loosen the refinery's valves.
(d) A map of the refinery.
3. Russia does something to indicate that they are reducing their nuclear arms. What do they do?
(a) They fill torpedo tubes with concrete.
(b) They shut down nuclear reactors.
(c) They take apart Russian rocket-launchers.
(d) They dismantle nuclear warheads.
4. After Toland shares what he knows about Russia's state of affairs, he is moved to a new office. Where is it?
(a) Washington, D.C..
(b) Norfolk, Virginia.
(c) Tampa, Florida.
(d) Quantico, Virginia.
5. Five Russian soldiers die in the family's farmhouse. How are they killed?
(a) Edwards and his men kill them.
(b) They get in a fight and kill each other.
(c) They eat poisoned food that the family gave them.
(d) The family shoots them.
Short Answer Questions
1. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
2. What is Toland's response to the news of the generals' executions, and how do his superiors react?
3. What kind of vessel does the USS Pharris sink?
4. What boat is Toland on when the Russians attack?
5. What is Toland's first order of business once he reaches safety?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)