|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the Russians have gained control of the air base, what is their one significant problem?
(a) Some of their weapons were lost during the battle.
(b) Their ship sank, and they are stranded at the base.
(c) Their commander was killed by a stray bullet.
(d) Their missiles are damaged by saltwater.
2. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
(a) There was an explosion at the Kremlin.
(b) There was a riot over the lack of oil.
(c) Another oil refinery is attacked.
(d) An important government official is kidnapped.
3. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
(a) He is told to go on leave and return to the ship in a few weeks.
(b) He is dismissed from service and told to keep quiet about what he knows.
(c) He is asked to return to active duty.
(d) His two-week reserve status is extended indefinitely.
4. What was the message of the movie that was televised the night before the attack on the Kremlin?
(a) That Russians must disarm immediately to prevent nuclear war.
(b) That Russia's military is ready to fight any country if the need arises.
(c) That Russians must be ready to defend against a German attack.
(d) That Russians must be careful not to involve themselves in foreign affairs.
5. How long is the Russian military offensive supposed to last?
(a) Seven to nine days.
(b) Two to three weeks.
(c) Three to four years.
(d) Six to eight months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
2. What two areas do the Russians plan to attack during Red Storm?
3. What do Edwards and his men do with the bodies of the Russian soldiers that were killed in the farmhouse?
4. After Edwards loses his confidence in himself, he defers all decisions to what man?
5. What happens to the farmhouse after Edwards and his men dispose of the Russian bodies?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)