|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toland reveals what he knows to a high-ranking military official. What is that man's full name?
(a) Sergeant Chuck Meyers.
(b) Vice Admiral Richard Pipes.
(c) Colonel Keith Oberhausen.
(d) Commander Raymond Jarvis.
2. What is Toland's first order of business once he reaches safety?
(a) To notify his family that he is safe.
(b) To give an account of the attack to military officials.
(c) To report to his commanding officers.
(d) To return immediately to America.
3. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
(a) He is to engage any East Bloc warship or merchant ship.
(b) He is to evade any Soviet ships he encounters.
(c) He is to follow any enemy ships he finds, but is not to attack them.
(d) He is to call for reinforcements any time he encounters enemy ships.
4. During Edwards's move away from his location, something happens that makes him ashamed of himself. What is it?
(a) He executes a Russian patrol that discovers his men.
(b) He freezes while crossing a road and is nearly discovered.
(c) One of his men is killed by a Russian patrol.
(d) He loses his temper and slaps one of his men.
5. How does Morris communicate with the Russian prisoners from the sunken submarine?
(a) They use sign language.
(b) One of them speaks English.
(c) Morris speaks Russian.
(d) They use More Code.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the attack on the Keflavik air base, a Russian ship is secretly carrying Russian infantrymen. What is the name of that ship?
2. What happens to the farmhouse after Edwards and his men dispose of the Russian bodies?
3. After Edwards loses his confidence in himself, he defers all decisions to what man?
4. The Russian KGB takes what political body hostage?
5. What boat is Toland on when the Russians attack?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)