|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the military personnel in the Keflavik air base?
(a) They are forced to act as the Russians' servants.
(b) They are set free and told to warn the military that Russia is taking over.
(c) They are either killed or taken hostage.
(d) They are forced to fight for the Russians.
2. Almost immediately after Toland reveals what he knows, his status in the military changes. What happens?
(a) He is asked to return to active duty.
(b) He is told to go on leave and return to the ship in a few weeks.
(c) He is dismissed from service and told to keep quiet about what he knows.
(d) His two-week reserve status is extended indefinitely.
3. The Russians who control the air base are attacked by American planes. What do the American planes fail to destroy?
(a) The air field.
(b) Several runways.
(c) The flight command tower.
(d) The base's air terminal.
4. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
(a) The United Nations.
(b) The Russian Council.
(c) The European Union.
5. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
(a) Stealing and selling Russian weapons.
(b) Embezzeling military money.
(c) Mistreating military recruits.
(d) Falsifying training records.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Edwards is communicating with command about an attack on the Keflavik airfield, two important areas of the base are destroyed. What are they?
2. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
3. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
4. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
5. Morris decides to treat the prisoners from the sunken submarine in a very unusual way. Why does Morris decide to treat the prisoners this way?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)