|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sergetov admits that he almost wishes that he had been present at the time of the attack. Why?
(a) He feels that he could have stopped the attack.
(b) He wishes he could have been a hero because of his death.
(c) He thinks death may be preferable to playing along with the government's plot.
(d) He thinks he could have saved some of the children.
2. What political body does the Politburo suggest should be eliminated?
(a) The United Nations.
(b) The European Union.
(d) The Russian Council.
3. Who discovers the refinery fire?
(a) The Satellite Control Facility in Sunnyvale, California.
(b) An unnamed citizen in Franklin, North Carolina.
(c) The Satellite Watchdog Group in Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) The American military base in Norfolk, Virginia.
4. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
(a) They think that Chernyavin is still in prison.
(b) They believe that Chernyavin is dead.
(c) They are now under new leadership.
(d) They think that Chernyavin is working for the Germans.
5. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
(a) Forgiveness and reconciliation with Russia's enemies.
(b) Increased diplomacy to solve Russia's problems.
(c) Retaliation against the alleged terrorist's country.
(d) Political demonstrations to protest Russian oil shortages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
2. What is Toland's first order of business once he reaches safety?
3. Why is this mission to take out the bridges so important in the war against the Soviets?
4. What element of the Russian offensive does Pavel Alekeseyev say is crucial to its success?
5. A Russian military official analyzes the readiness of the Russian military. What is that man's name?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)