|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Morris communicate with the Russian prisoners from the sunken submarine?
(a) One of them speaks English.
(b) Morris speaks Russian.
(c) They use sign language.
(d) They use More Code.
2. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
(a) NATO forces were ambushed and had to be left behind.
(b) NATO supply lines are compromised.
(c) Several planes are lost during the mission.
(d) Many troops are captured by the Soviets.
3. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
(a) With a hand-grenade.
(b) With plastic explosives.
(c) With a rocket-launcher.
(d) With dynamite.
4. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
(a) Falsifying training records.
(b) Embezzeling military money.
(c) Mistreating military recruits.
(d) Stealing and selling Russian weapons.
5. What does the AP Moscow Correspondent say extinguished the fire?
(a) Military helicopters.
(b) A freak snowstorm.
(c) Hundreds of firefighters and volunteers.
(d) Sophisticated fire extinguishers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers the refinery fire?
2. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
3. What is the name of the ship Toland's commanding officer is in charge of?
4. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
5. The Russians who control the air base are attacked by American planes. What do the American planes fail to destroy?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)