|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Four hovercraft are about to land on Iceland's coast. Why weren't they noticed by the Navy sooner?
(a) They flew too quickly to be recognized.
(b) They were disguised.
(c) The Russians caused a diversion.
(d) The Navy's radar did not see them.
2. What do Edwards and his men do with the bodies of the Russian soldiers that were killed in the farmhouse?
(a) They arrange the bodies to make it look like they were ambushed.
(b) They leave them in the farmhouse.
(c) They bury the bodies in the fields behind the farmhouse.
(d) They put them in their own jeep, push it off a cliff, and set it on fire.
3. Why is the Russian Foreign Minister's speech so significant?
(a) He's trying to divert attention from Russia's upcoming offensive.
(b) He's trying to gain favor with other countries by asking for their help.
(c) He's trying to intimidate other countries with boasts about Russia's well-being.
(d) He's trying to draw attention away from Russia's weakened state.
4. Edwards and his men are supposed to hike about two hundred miles. How long is their journey supposed to last?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) A month.
(d) Ten days.
5. While the Russians prepare for their offensive, four generals are court-martialed and shot. What are they accused of?
(a) Falsifying training records.
(b) Embezzeling military money.
(c) Stealing and selling Russian weapons.
(d) Mistreating military recruits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at a local farmhouse when Edwards and his men prepare to ask for food?
2. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
3. Toland is a reservist and serves his time with the commander of a ship. What is the commander's name?
4. The Russian KGB takes what political body hostage?
5. What is the name of the man who escapes the Keflavik air base and uses a radio to spread news of the attack?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)