|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers the refinery fire?
(a) An unnamed citizen in Franklin, North Carolina.
(b) The Satellite Watchdog Group in Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) The Satellite Control Facility in Sunnyvale, California.
(d) The American military base in Norfolk, Virginia.
2. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
(a) Faking a terrorist attack would justify heightened military activity.
(b) Faking a terrorist attack would make other countries feel bad for Russia and offer them oil.
(c) Faking an attack would allow Russia to declare war on another country.
(d) An explosion would frighten Russians and make them want to go to war.
3. Morris decides to treat the prisoners from the sunken submarine in a very unusual way. Why does Morris decide to treat the prisoners this way?
(a) It's to prevent the Russians from spying on the Americans.
(b) It's the best way to gain information from them.
(c) It's the safest way to get the Russians off the Pharris.
(d) It's to avenge the deaths of the soldiers the Russians killed.
4. What are Edwards and his men told to do once they leave their hiding place?
(a) Stake out and observe an electrical plant.
(b) Sabotage the Russians' missiles.
(c) Try to regain control of the air base.
(d) Hide in a nearby refinery.
5. Of the people who died in the attack on Russia, how many were children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the Russians to begin searching for Edwards and his men after the American attack on the Keflavik air base?
2. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
3. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
4. How many Muslims attack the oil refinery in Nizhnevartovsk?
5. Four hovercraft are about to land on Iceland's coast. Why weren't they noticed by the Navy sooner?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)