Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clue does Toland discover that indicates Russia's instability?
(a) Demonstrations and speeches in the heart of the Kremlin.
(b) Hijacking of oil shipments across the country.
(c) Russian battery shortages.
(d) Food riots in Moscow.
2. During Edwards's move away from his location, something happens that makes him ashamed of himself. What is it?
(a) He freezes while crossing a road and is nearly discovered.
(b) One of his men is killed by a Russian patrol.
(c) He executes a Russian patrol that discovers his men.
(d) He loses his temper and slaps one of his men.
3. What does Sergetov tell the Politburo about the state of Russian affairs?
(a) That Russia is financially strong, but will need foreign oil to keep its citizens warm.
(b) That Russia is financially strong and has sufficient resources to survive the new year.
(c) That Russia should feign weakness to gain foreign sympathies.
(d) That Russia is weak and will have to depend on other countries to survive the new year.
4. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
(a) They think that Chernyavin is working for the Germans.
(b) They believe that Chernyavin is dead.
(c) They think that Chernyavin is still in prison.
(d) They are now under new leadership.
5. Why is it unsafe for Edwards to stay at his surveillance location?
(a) His location is never really dark because the sun never truly sets.
(b) One of his men betrayed their position to the Russians.
(c) His location is too close to the Russians.
(d) The Russians locate their hiding spot during a security sweep.
Short Answer Questions
1. The eulogy given at the Russian victims' funeral calls for what action?
2. Highly-trained Russian forces begin fighting on the ground in Germany. What is the special title of those forces?
3. What boat is Toland on when the Russians attack?
4. What is the name of the girl Edwards and his men take with them when they leave the village?
5. What happens that leads to Chernyavin's discovery and arrest?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)