|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Alekeseyev and Sergetov conclude about the Russian offensive in Germany?
(a) The offensive is not going well.
(b) The Russian offensive is going according to plan.
(c) The Russians are capable of winning but need more weapons.
(d) The Germans are close to surrendering.
2. Before O'Malley sank the submarine, what role did he play as a helicopter pilot?
(a) He flew medical helicopters.
(b) He did only intelligence and surveillance.
(c) He only flew supplies for the military.
(d) He did only search and rescue.
3. Doghouse tells Edwards and his men are told to "take a little hike." Where are they supposed to go?
(a) To meet up with another group of stranded Marines.
(b) The nearest American ship.
(c) A distant Marine outpost.
(d) A town called Hvammsfjordur.
4. When the Russians locate a damaged American submarine, another Allied vessel distracts the Russians and leads them away. What is the name of that vessel?
(a) The Nimitz.
(b) The Pharris.
(c) The Chicago.
(d) The Reuban James.
5. What British town houses the USS Nimitz while it is repaired and prepared for service?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
2. What happens to the farmhouse after Edwards and his men dispose of the Russian bodies?
3. What causes the Russians to begin searching for Edwards and his men after the American attack on the Keflavik air base?
4. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
5. While the American military waits to confirm a plan to down Soviet satellites, something happens that sets back the operation. What happens?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)