|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Georgiyevich when the information that led to the war was discussed with the Politburo?
(a) He was in America on business.
(b) He was visiting relatives in Serbia.
(c) He was home with an illness.
(d) He was on his lunch break.
2. What happens at a local farmhouse when Edwards and his men prepare to ask for food?
(a) They are forced to hide when a group of Russians questions locals about their whereabouts.
(b) One of the men is shot in a Russian ambush.
(c) They are recognized and questioned by local police.
(d) Russians break in and brutalize the family.
3. The men that escape the sunken submarine are captured and taken on board the Pharris. How are they treated?
(a) They are well cared for, but they are separated from the rest of the crew.
(b) They are locked in a store room and given minimal food and water.
(c) They are executed.
(d) They are tortured for information.
4. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Russian military.
(c) Nuclear War.
(d) A German attack on Russia.
5. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
(a) There was an explosion at the Kremlin.
(b) Another oil refinery is attacked.
(c) There was a riot over the lack of oil.
(d) An important government official is kidnapped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
2. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
3. Toland observes that the Allied forces are capable of beating the Russians, but they must be able to do what first?
4. What is the name of the girl Edwards and his men take with them when they leave the village?
5. Why is this mission to take out the bridges so important in the war against the Soviets?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)