|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Highly-trained Russian forces begin fighting on the ground in Germany. What is the special title of those forces?
(a) Spezialkräfte forces.
(b) Vympel forces.
(c) Spetznaz forces.
(d) Spezielle Operationen forces.
2. Why is this mission to take out the bridges so important in the war against the Soviets?
(a) If the mission fails, the Germans will be trapped by the Soviets.
(b) If the mission fails, the Russians can take more oil.
(c) If it is successful, the Germans can not move into Russia.
(d) If it is successful, Soviet reinforcements can not arrive.
3. As he listens to the eulogy for the Russian victims, what does Toland notice about the speech?
(a) That Russia intends to ask other countries for oil.
(b) That Russia intends to go to war.
(c) That Russia is in desperate need of financial help from other countries.
(d) That Russia intends to continue their arms reduction.
4. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
(a) NATO supply lines are compromised.
(b) NATO forces were ambushed and had to be left behind.
(c) Many troops are captured by the Soviets.
(d) Several planes are lost during the mission.
5. What is notable about the "terrorist's" statement that angers Toland's superiors?
(a) The man is too emotional about his story.
(b) The terrorist's story is too perfect.
(c) The man's story is full of holes and contradictions.
(d) There are no hard facts available about the attack or the terrorist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Chernyavin after he is caught?
2. After the Americans attack the Keflavik air base, Edwards announces that he and his men will have to relocate to a third location. Why?
3. What do Alekeseyev and Sergetov conclude about the Russian offensive in Germany?
4. How many people were killed in the attack in Russia?
5. What was Edward's girlfriend's name?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)