|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Chernyavin after he is caught?
(a) He is imprisoned until he confesses.
(b) He is sent back to Russia.
(c) He is drugged and reveals details about his mission.
(d) He is executed for treason.
2. McCafferty fires three torpedoes at a Russian convoy, but is unable to confirm a hit. Why?
(a) His sonar is damaged.
(b) He is detected by the Russians.
(c) The Chicago is fired upon.
(d) He is commanded to retreat.
3. Toland believes that the incident in Russia was faked. What reason would Russia have to fake something of this magnitude?
(a) Faking a terrorist attack would make other countries feel bad for Russia and offer them oil.
(b) Faking an attack would allow Russia to declare war on another country.
(c) An explosion would frighten Russians and make them want to go to war.
(d) Faking a terrorist attack would justify heightened military activity.
4. How many people were killed in the attack in Russia?
5. What happened to Edwards's girlfriend?
(a) She was raped and murdered at her University.
(b) She left him for another man when he left to go to war.
(c) She was killed by a Russian missile.
(d) She committed suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the Russians to begin searching for Edwards and his men after the American attack on the Keflavik air base?
2. Highly-trained Russian forces begin fighting on the ground in Germany. What is the special title of those forces?
3. Why does Chernyavin praise the man who blew up the van?
4. What do Edwards and his men do when they realize that they have been located by the Russians on the mountain?
5. Morris warns the crew of the USS Pharris that the ship's orders have changed. What does he tell them?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)