|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chernyavin's men are traveling, they find themselves face-to-face with a tank. They then hear Chernyavin's voice telling them to surrender themselves. Why does this surprise them?
(a) They are now under new leadership.
(b) They think that Chernyavin is still in prison.
(c) They think that Chernyavin is working for the Germans.
(d) They believe that Chernyavin is dead.
2. What does Georgiyevich say his replacement told the Politburo when the war was discussed with the Politburo?
(a) His replacement told the Politburo what they wanted to hear.
(b) His replacement tried to dissuade the Politburo from going to war.
(c) His replacement kept silent when asked for his report.
(d) His replacement tried to talk the Politburo into attacking immediately.
3. At the funeral, Sergetov is enraged by the loss of life that resulted from the explosion. He is also angry because of what reason?
(a) Half of the people who knew about the attack were at the funeral.
(b) The Politburo used the funeral as an excuse to discuss politics publicly.
(c) He feels responsible for the death of the children.
(d) One of the parents of the deceased made a scene.
4. During his interview with Calloway, O'Malley says that the Allied troops' ability to survive depends on what?
(a) The Allies' ability to unite with other countries.
(b) The Allied forces' ability to keep their plans secret.
(c) All parts of the military's defenses working together.
(d) All troops working independantly, apart from each other.
5. What marking will the Pharris receive that indicates that it has sunk a submarine?
(a) A special flag will be flown on the ship.
(b) All of the men will be given special medals.
(c) A submarine will be painted on the bow.
(d) The Pharris will be given a new name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the attack on the Keflavik air base, a Russian ship is secretly carrying Russian infantrymen. What is the name of that ship?
2. How does Morris communicate with the Russian prisoners from the sunken submarine?
3. In Iceland, Edwards and his men near the hill Doghouse told them to reach but are unable to approach it. Why?
4. What is unusual about McCafferty's kill in chapters 35-39?
5. In Chapters 35-39, McCafferty scores a hit by sinking which vessel?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)