|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
(a) With a rocket-launcher.
(b) With dynamite.
(c) With a hand-grenade.
(d) With plastic explosives.
2. What British town houses the USS Nimitz while it is repaired and prepared for service?
3. The men that escape the sunken submarine are captured and taken on board the Pharris. How are they treated?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are well cared for, but they are separated from the rest of the crew.
(c) They are locked in a store room and given minimal food and water.
(d) They are tortured for information.
4. What causes the Russians to begin searching for Edwards and his men after the American attack on the Keflavik air base?
(a) They saw Edwards and his men when they left their original hiding place.
(b) A Russian patrol found their footprints near their hiding place.
(c) Edwards and his men were spotted while trying to signal for help.
(d) They believe someone is feeding information to the Americans.
5. The mission against the Soviets is successful, but it is a costly victory. Why?
(a) NATO supply lines are compromised.
(b) Many troops are captured by the Soviets.
(c) NATO forces were ambushed and had to be left behind.
(d) Several planes are lost during the mission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Morris decides to treat the prisoners from the sunken submarine in a very unusual way. Why does Morris decide to treat the prisoners this way?
2. The Commander of the USS Pharris receives orders about how to deal with ships he encounters. What are those orders?
3. How do Alekeseyev and Sergetov leave the scene the helicopter crash?
4. What was Edward's girlfriend's name?
5. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)