|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important thing does Edwards tell Vigdis about his feelings toward her before they are rescued?
(a) He tells her that he has to leave the country without her.
(b) He tells her that he loves her.
(c) He tells her that he views her as a sister.
(d) He tells her that she reminds him of his girlfriend.
2. Morris warns the crew of the USS Pharris that the ship's orders have changed. What does he tell them?
(a) No more drills will be conducted; all calls to arms will be real.
(b) No more drills will be conducted; their new mission is to track all enemy ships.
(c) All personnel are to increase security and report any suspicious activity.
(d) Drills will continue to be conducted, but no one is to fire upon enemy ships.
3. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
(a) There was an explosion at the Kremlin.
(b) Another oil refinery is attacked.
(c) There was a riot over the lack of oil.
(d) An important government official is kidnapped.
4. Russia says that the explosion was caused by terrorists from which country?
5. The Russian ship is repainted to look like a merchant ship, but they are not in normal shipping lanes. What does the crew do when the U.S. Navy questions them about this?
(a) They pretend they do not speak English and go on their way.
(b) They say they fear escalating hostilities, and ask the Navy to help them in the event of an attack.
(c) They say that they fear the heightened government tensions, and say that they are fleeing the country.
(d) They insist that they were off-course, and thank the Navy for bringing it to their attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapters 35-39, McCafferty scores a hit by sinking which vessel?
2. When Calloway interviews O'Malley about sinking the submarine, what does O'Malley point out about the American military?
3. When the Russians locate a damaged American submarine, another Allied vessel distracts the Russians and leads them away. What is the name of that vessel?
4. The men that escape the sunken submarine are captured and taken on board the Pharris. How are they treated?
5. McCafferty fires three torpedoes at a Russian convoy, but is unable to confirm a hit. Why?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)