|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Russians sink both submarines that are traveling with the Chicago, what country's submarine contacts the Chicago and asks them if they are alone?
2. When Calloway interviews O'Malley about sinking the submarine, what does O'Malley point out about the American military?
(a) The Russians fired on the Americans first.
(b) That Calloway can not understand combat because he's a civilian.
(c) The military never uses the word "killing."
(d) The military never takes joy in sinking enemy vessels.
3. When Toland is recalled to duty and is preparing to leave his home, he hears a news report about something that occurs at the Kremlin. What was it?
(a) There was a riot over the lack of oil.
(b) Another oil refinery is attacked.
(c) An important government official is kidnapped.
(d) There was an explosion at the Kremlin.
4. How many men escape the submarine that the Pharris sinks?
5. On the Pharris, Morris realizes that the loss of the Keflavik air base is more significant than he once anticipated. Why?
(a) It means that the Navy can not contact their ships at sea.
(b) It allows the Russians to attack both by air and by sea.
(c) It means the Navy can not use any air planes.
(d) It allows the Russians to bring in reinforcements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Morris do to gain information from the Russian prisoners about the whereabouts of other vessels?
2. Sergetov admits that he almost wishes that he had been present at the time of the attack. Why?
3. The night before the attack, a movie was televised throughout Russia. What was the movie about?
4. What was the message of the movie that was televised the night before the attack on the Kremlin?
5. What happens at a local farmhouse when Edwards and his men prepare to ask for food?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)