|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 35 through 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the message of the movie that was televised the night before the attack on the Kremlin?
(a) That Russians must be careful not to involve themselves in foreign affairs.
(b) That Russians must disarm immediately to prevent nuclear war.
(c) That Russians must be ready to defend against a German attack.
(d) That Russia's military is ready to fight any country if the need arises.
2. What marking will the Pharris receive that indicates that it has sunk a submarine?
(a) A special flag will be flown on the ship.
(b) All of the men will be given special medals.
(c) The Pharris will be given a new name.
(d) A submarine will be painted on the bow.
3. What is the name of the defensive maneuver that the Allied forces execute in Chapter 35?
4. Edwards and his men are supposed to hike about two hundred miles. How long is their journey supposed to last?
(a) Ten days.
(b) A month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two months.
5. Chernyavin picks up a package at a post office. What does it contain?
(a) A map of the office of the Bundestag, or German parliament.
(b) The blueprint for the German Chancellor's house.
(c) Plans for the Reichstag building.
(d) Plans for the NATO headquarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the men have rejoined Chernyavin, they blow up the van they were in. How?
2. How many people were killed in the attack in Russia?
3. Morris decides to treat the prisoners from the sunken submarine in a very unusual way. Why does Morris decide to treat the prisoners this way?
4. What important thing does Edwards tell Vigdis about his feelings toward her before they are rescued?
5. After O'Malley sinks his first submarine, Morris asks him when he'll be ready to fly again. What does he say?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)