|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "COD" represent in the novel?
(a) Cultural Observaion Division.
(b) Culinary Orders Division.
(c) Computer Ops Division.
(d) Creative Operations Division.
2. How do Nate and Benford travel to the area of the Electric Boat Shipyard in Chapter 25?
(a) By train.
(b) By bus.
(c) By plane.
(d) By car.
3. From what working-class neighborhood does Dominika call Uncle Vanya in Chapter 38?
4. Where are the closed sessions of the SSCI to discuss "intelligence matters" held in Chapter 29?
(a) The Hart Senate Office Building.
(b) The Homer Valley Center.
(c) The Offices of the United Nations.
(d) The White River Office Building.
5. Who was Nate's hand-to-hand combat instructor that he recalls in Chapter 25?
6. What does the word "krysa" translate to in English (341)?
7. Where does John Paul Bullard work?
(a) The Central Intelligence Agency.
(b) The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(c) The U.S. Senate.
(d) The National Communications Service.
8. What does the nickname acronym "FROG" refer to?
(a) French Regional Ops Group.
(b) First Regional Ops Group.
(c) Focus Regional Ops Group.
(d) Fraudulent Regional Ops Group.
9. Who gives Volontov an award for the operation with Bullard in Chapter 21?
(a) Vladimir Putin.
(b) Vladimir Kryuchkov.
(c) Lyudmila Tsukanova.
(d) Anatoly Golov.
10. What does "bratok" translate to in English (437)?
11. How much money does Volontov give to Bullard as a "downpayment" for the manual until they can verify its authenticity in Chapter 20?
12. For how many years does Nate say MARBLE has been spying for the U.S. in Chapter 24?
(a) 14 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 22 years.
13. What color cloud suffuses the air around Volontov's head when he requests a summary translation of Bullard's manual in Chapter 21?
(a) Dark orange.
(b) Bright green.
(c) Sun yellow.
(d) Dark blue.
14. What does the term "vyshaya mere" translate to in English (424)?
(a) The highest punishment.
(b) The work of a traitor.
15. Who does Zyuganov summon to his office in the end of Chapter 30?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term used in literature does the narrator use in Chapter 29 to mean something, especially a clue, that is or is intended to be misleading?
2. What does "LNU" mean in the context of the novel (285)?
3. For how long does Korchnoi say he was married in Chapter 30?
4. What object is the last thing described on the bridge in Chapter 42?
5. Who is the woman that Zyuganov summons to speak with in his office in Chapter 40?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)