|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of expedition did Jin want to create?
2. How long was Dad gone when he came to the house again?
3. Why did Ji Li request to work somewhere for the summer?
4. Why did Lin Lin come to visit Ji Li?
5. How did Ji Li choose to prove herself amidst the bad rumors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Ji Li so nervous about presenting at the Class Education Exhibition?
2. What did Comrade Ma offer to do for Ji Li once she changed her name?
3. What kind of bullying did Ji Yun encounter at school?
4. How did Ji Li feel about not knowing anyone in her Jr. High class?
5. What happened after Ji Li was injured in the fields?
6. How did Ji Li cheer up Ji Yun when she was bullied?
7. Why did Lin Lin come to visit Ji Li?
8. What happened to An Yi's mother at work?
9. What did Ji Li hope to achieve at the Exhibition?
10. How did Ji Li know that her father was hving troubles at work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Each of the Jiang siblings had very different characteristics and personalities. What are the defining features of each of the siblings, and how did their individuality affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Father and Zhang were both very dynamic leaders and father figures in this book. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how did these differences affect their lives, their family, and their role in Ji Li's life?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the ways Mother and Father showed their love to each other, and how did these displays affect Ji Li's ideas about life?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)