|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a story about the Jiangs say?
2. What was Ji Li asked to do for her father?
3. What was Zhang Xin's occupation?
4. What class was Ji Li's father sent to at work?
5. How many people were bullying Ji Yun?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lin Lin come to visit Ji Li?
2. Why did Ji Li stop going to school all together?
3. What made Ji Li so nervous about presenting at the Class Education Exhibition?
4. What did Ji Li hear her father say the night before Chinese New Year?
5. Why did Uncle Fan come to Ji Li's house?
6. What happened to An Yi's mother at work?
7. What happened in Ji Li's study session?
8. What did Ji Li find when she woke up on Chinese New Year?
9. What happened after Ji Li was injured in the fields?
10. What did Ji Li hope to achieve at the Exhibition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened at the Class Education Exhibition, and why was this so important to Ji Li?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the people in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)