|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jin describe the old society?
2. What was Ji Yun called at school?
3. Where did Comrade Ma work?
4. Where was Ji Li told to work for the summer in her meeting after the Exhibition?
5. What did Ji Li say she could choose for herself while speaking with Comrade Ma?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Dad doing while he was locked up, and why?
2. Why did Ji Li stop going to school all together?
3. What happened after Ji Li was injured in the fields?
4. What happened to An Yi's mother at work?
5. What made Ji Li yell at her mother?
6. What did Ji Li hope to achieve at the Exhibition?
7. What did Comrade Ma offer to do for Ji Li once she changed her name?
8. What did Ji Li hear her father say the night before Chinese New Year?
9. What made Ji Li so nervous about presenting at the Class Education Exhibition?
10. How did Ji Li get injured in the rice fields?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how was the plot altered because of these incidents?
Essay Topic 2
Father and Zhang were both very dynamic leaders and father figures in this book. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how did these differences affect their lives, their family, and their role in Ji Li's life?
Essay Topic 3
What did Father do to protect his family from the searches, and how did this work out for them?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)