|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ji Li get injured in the summer?
2. How did Ji Li feel when she stopped going to school all together?
3. What did An Yi's mother do for a living?
4. How did Jin describe the old society?
5. What was Dad doing when Ji Li brought him clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ji Li get injured in the rice fields?
2. How did Ji Li feel about not knowing anyone in her Jr. High class?
3. What kind of bullying did Ji Yun encounter at school?
4. What did Ji Li learn how to raise in Jr. High, and why?
5. Why was Ji Li chosen to help with the Exhibition?
6. What did Ji Li say to Comrade Ma about her family?
7. How did Ji Li cheer up Ji Yun when she was bullied?
8. What did Ji Li find when she woke up on Chinese New Year?
9. What happened in Ji Li's study session?
10. What happened after Ji Li was injured in the fields?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened at the Class Education Exhibition, and why was this so important to Ji Li?
Essay Topic 2
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the ways Mother and Father showed their love to each other, and how did these displays affect Ji Li's ideas about life?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)