|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Ji Li mad when she heard the family was being interviewed?
2. How did Ji Li help with Jin's Exhibition?
3. What secret did Ji Li tell Lin Lin when she visited?
4. Who made up the story of the charges Dad was held for?
5. How long was Ji Li out of school before she went to Jr. High?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ji Li cheer up Ji Yun when she was bullied?
2. What did Zhang tell Ji Li when she asked about being chosen to help with the Exhibition?
3. Why did Lin Lin come to visit Ji Li?
4. What happened after Ji Li was injured in the fields?
5. What did Zhang Xin say when he first met Ji Li?
6. Why was Ji Li chosen to help with the Exhibition?
7. Why did Ji Li stop going to school all together?
8. What did Ji Li hear her father say the night before Chinese New Year?
9. What was Dad doing while he was locked up, and why?
10. What happened to An Yi's mother at work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maturity and aging was a strong theme in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how significant was it to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the people in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
How did the relationship between Ji Li and her father change throughout the course of the story, and how did these changes affect the people around them?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)