|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mom suffer from?
2. Why was Ji Li told to work somewhere in the summer at her meeting?
3. What did An Yi's mother do for a living?
4. Who did Ji Li stay close to on her first day in Jr. High?
5. What did Zhang tell Ji Li to overcome?
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What was the Propaganda Wall, and what role did this play in Ji Li's life during the cultural revolution?
Essay Topic 3
Ji Li endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)