|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ji Li feel about studying English?
2. What did Ji Li do when she was injured?
3. Who did Ji Li blame for all her problems?
4. What did Bai Shan want to do for Ji Li?
5. When did Fan Wen Chong come to visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Ji Li so nervous about presenting at the Class Education Exhibition?
2. How did Ji Li feel about not knowing anyone in her Jr. High class?
3. What was Dad doing while he was locked up, and why?
4. What kind of bullying did Ji Yun encounter at school?
5. Why did Ji Li choose to spend her summer working in the rice fields?
6. What did Ji Li hope to achieve at the Exhibition?
7. How did Ji Li cheer up Ji Yun when she was bullied?
8. What did Ji Li learn how to raise in Jr. High, and why?
9. What made Ji Li yell at her mother?
10. What did Ji Li find when she woke up on Chinese New Year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Death and mortality were two integral themes of this plot. What are some of the key examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the people in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Ji Li want to change her name, and what would this have meant to her family?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)