|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Worker's Revolt?
2. What did Comrade Ma call Ji Li's family?
3. How did Ji Li know Lin Lin?
4. What did Ji Li ask Comrade Ma to help her do?
5. What did Zhang Xin tell Ji Li to do on the day he met her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ji Li learn how to raise in Jr. High, and why?
2. What made Ji Li yell at her mother?
3. Why did Uncle Fan come to Ji Li's house?
4. What did Comrade Ma say when Ji Li asked to have her name changed?
5. What did Ji Li find when she woke up on Chinese New Year?
6. What did Zhang Xin say when he first met Ji Li?
7. How did Ji Li get injured in the rice fields?
8. What did Ji Li hope to achieve at the Exhibition?
9. What was Dad doing while he was locked up, and why?
10. What happened to An Yi's mother at work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ji Li endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What happened at the Class Education Exhibition, and why was this so important to Ji Li?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)