|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Ji Li stay close to on her first day in Jr. High?
2. Where did Mom work?
3. What charges were held against Dad?
4. Why was Ji Li told to work somewhere in the summer at her meeting?
5. What did Dad do when he came home for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ji Li feel about not knowing anyone in her Jr. High class?
2. What kind of bullying did Ji Yun encounter at school?
3. How did Ji Li get injured in the rice fields?
4. What did Ji Li hope to achieve at the Exhibition?
5. What did Ji Li hear her father say the night before Chinese New Year?
6. What happened after Ji Li was injured in the fields?
7. What was Dad doing while he was locked up, and why?
8. Why did Ji Li choose to spend her summer working in the rice fields?
9. What happened to An Yi's mother at work?
10. Why was Ji Li forced to go back to Shang Hai in the summer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the Propaganda Wall, and what role did this play in Ji Li's life during the cultural revolution?
Essay Topic 2
What happened at the Class Education Exhibition, and why was this so important to Ji Li?
Essay Topic 3
Maturity and aging was a strong theme in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how significant was it to the plot?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)