|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ji Li feel about studying English?
2. Why did Ji Yun begin crying one day?
3. What did Ji Li ask Comrade Ma to help her do?
4. What did Ji Li do while Fan Wen Chong was helped?
5. What did Ji Li say she could choose for herself while speaking with Comrade Ma?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ji Li start staying home from school in Jr. High?
2. What did Ji Li find when she woke up on Chinese New Year?
3. Why was Ji Li chosen to help with the Exhibition?
4. What kind of bullying did Ji Yun encounter at school?
5. What happened on the morning of the opening of the Exhibition?
6. What made Ji Li so nervous about presenting at the Class Education Exhibition?
7. What was Dad doing while he was locked up, and why?
8. How did Ji Li get injured in the rice fields?
9. Why did Ji Li stop going to school all together?
10. How did Ji Li cheer up Ji Yun when she was bullied?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Ji Li show her integrity, and what resulted because of her dependence on integrity?
Essay Topic 2
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 3
What did Father do to protect his family from the searches, and how did this work out for them?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)