|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ji Li choose to prove herself amidst the bad rumors?
2. What was Ji Li's favorite subject in school?
3. What did Jin say about the students at the school meeting?
4. Where did Mom work?
5. What happened to An Yi's mother every day at school when Ji Li stopped attending?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ji Li hope to achieve at the Exhibition?
2. What did Ji Li say to Comrade Ma about her family?
3. What did Ji Li learn how to raise in Jr. High, and why?
4. Why was Ji Li forced to go back to Shang Hai in the summer?
5. What did Comrade Ma offer to do for Ji Li once she changed her name?
6. Why did Ji Li choose to spend her summer working in the rice fields?
7. How did Ji Li know that her father was hving troubles at work?
8. What did Ji Li hear her father say the night before Chinese New Year?
9. What was Dad doing while he was locked up, and why?
10. What did Ji Li find when she woke up on Chinese New Year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ji Li endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
How did Ji Li feel about the Cultural Revolution in Chine when it was over, and what led to this changed ideal?
Essay Topic 3
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people were most affected by this?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)