|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Ji Li want to stay away from her in Jr. High?
2. What was the Worker's Revolt?
3. What charges were held against Dad?
4. How long was Ji Li out of school before she went to Jr. High?
5. What was An Yi most worried about while not attending school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Death and mortality were two integral themes of this plot. What are some of the key examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 2
Father and Zhang were both very dynamic leaders and father figures in this book. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how did these differences affect their lives, their family, and their role in Ji Li's life?
Essay Topic 3
How did Ji Li feel about the Cultural Revolution in Chine when it was over, and what led to this changed ideal?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)