|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ji Li get injured in the summer?
2. How did Jin describe the old society?
3. How did Ji Li feel after the Class Education Exhibition?
4. What did Uncle Tian tell Ji Li on the phone?
5. What happened to An Yi's mother every day at school when Ji Li stopped attending?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Dad doing while he was locked up, and why?
2. How did Ji Li know that her father was hving troubles at work?
3. What did Comrade Ma offer to do for Ji Li once she changed her name?
4. Why did Ji Li choose to spend her summer working in the rice fields?
5. Why did Lin Lin come to visit Ji Li?
6. Why was Ji Li forced to go back to Shang Hai in the summer?
7. What did Comrade Ma say when Ji Li asked to have her name changed?
8. What happened to An Yi's mother at work?
9. Why did Ji Li stop going to school all together?
10. What did Zhang Xin say when he first met Ji Li?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Ji Li want to change her name, and what would this have meant to her family?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the ways Mother and Father showed their love to each other, and how did these displays affect Ji Li's ideas about life?
Essay Topic 3
Each of the Jiang siblings had very different characteristics and personalities. What are the defining features of each of the siblings, and how did their individuality affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)