|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ji Li asked to do for her father?
2. What made Ji Li mad when she heard the family was being interviewed?
3. What movement was Dad expected to confess to?
4. What was not used in the Jr. High to teach the students?
5. What did Ji Li do while Fan Wen Chong was helped?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Comrade Ma say when Ji Li asked to have her name changed?
2. What did Ji Li hope to achieve at the Exhibition?
3. What was Dad doing while he was locked up, and why?
4. Why was Ji Li chosen to help with the Exhibition?
5. What happened on the morning of the opening of the Exhibition?
6. Why did Ji Li stop going to school all together?
7. What made Ji Li so nervous about presenting at the Class Education Exhibition?
8. Why did Lin Lin come to visit Ji Li?
9. What did Ji Li hear her father say the night before Chinese New Year?
10. What happened after Ji Li was injured in the fields?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Death and mortality were two integral themes of this plot. What are some of the key examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 2
How did the relationship between Ji Li and her father change throughout the course of the story, and how did these changes affect the people around them?
Essay Topic 3
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people were most affected by this?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)