|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret did Ji Li tell Lin Lin when she visited?
2. What did Comrade Ma call Ji Li's family?
3. How many rows were rice harvesters assigned?
4. What kind of meeting was planned to force Dad into submission?
5. Who did Ji Li want to stay away from her in Jr. High?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ji Li know that her father was hving troubles at work?
2. What happened in Ji Li's study session?
3. What made Ji Li yell at her mother?
4. How did Ji Li get injured in the rice fields?
5. What happened to An Yi's mother at work?
6. What happened after Ji Li was injured in the fields?
7. What did Ji Li find when she woke up on Chinese New Year?
8. What did Ji Li say to Comrade Ma about her family?
9. Why was Ji Li forced to go back to Shang Hai in the summer?
10. What made Ji Li so nervous about presenting at the Class Education Exhibition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maturity and aging was a strong theme in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how significant was it to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Death and mortality were two integral themes of this plot. What are some of the key examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
Ji Li endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)