|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Dad being kept?
2. How long was Ji Li out of school before she went to Jr. High?
3. How did Ji Li know Lin Lin?
4. What was Ji Li asked to do for her father?
5. Why did Lin Lin come to visit Ji Li?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Dad doing while he was locked up, and why?
2. What did Zhang tell Ji Li when she asked about being chosen to help with the Exhibition?
3. Why was Ji Li forced to go back to Shang Hai in the summer?
4. What made Ji Li so nervous about presenting at the Class Education Exhibition?
5. Why did Uncle Fan come to Ji Li's house?
6. What did Ji Li find when she woke up on Chinese New Year?
7. How did Ji Li feel about not knowing anyone in her Jr. High class?
8. What happened in Ji Li's study session?
9. What happened on the morning of the opening of the Exhibition?
10. What did Comrade Ma say when Ji Li asked to have her name changed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Father and Zhang were both very dynamic leaders and father figures in this book. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how did these differences affect their lives, their family, and their role in Ji Li's life?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the people in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
How did the relationship between Ji Li and her father change throughout the course of the story, and how did these changes affect the people around them?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)