|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ji Li choose to prove herself amidst the bad rumors?
2. How many people were bullying Ji Yun?
3. What startled Ji Li when she woke up on Chinese New Year?
4. What was Ji Yun called at school?
5. How did Ji Li feel after the Class Education Exhibition?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ji Li feel about not knowing anyone in her Jr. High class?
2. What did Zhang tell Ji Li when she asked about being chosen to help with the Exhibition?
3. Why did Lin Lin come to visit Ji Li?
4. What did Ji Li say to Comrade Ma about her family?
5. What kind of bullying did Ji Yun encounter at school?
6. What did Comrade Ma offer to do for Ji Li once she changed her name?
7. Why was Ji Li forced to go back to Shang Hai in the summer?
8. What happened in Ji Li's study session?
9. What did Ji Li hope to achieve at the Exhibition?
10. Why did Ji Li stop going to school all together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maturity and aging was a strong theme in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how significant was it to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Father and Zhang were both very dynamic leaders and father figures in this book. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how did these differences affect their lives, their family, and their role in Ji Li's life?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the ways Mother and Father showed their love to each other, and how did these displays affect Ji Li's ideas about life?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)