|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Jr. High teachers have to mix with education?
2. Why did Ji Li request to work somewhere for the summer?
3. What did Zhang tell Ji Li to overcome?
4. What made Ji Li nervous about the Class Education Exhibition?
5. How did most people react to Ji Li's Exhibition presentation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Uncle Fan come to Ji Li's house?
2. What did Zhang Xin say when he first met Ji Li?
3. What did Ji Li hear her father say the night before Chinese New Year?
4. How did Ji Li cheer up Ji Yun when she was bullied?
5. What happened to An Yi's mother at work?
6. Why did Ji Li stop going to school all together?
7. What was Dad doing while he was locked up, and why?
8. Why did Ji Li start staying home from school in Jr. High?
9. What made Ji Li yell at her mother?
10. Why was Ji Li chosen to help with the Exhibition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the people most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
What was the Propaganda Wall, and what role did this play in Ji Li's life during the cultural revolution?
Essay Topic 3
Maturity and aging was a strong theme in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how significant was it to the plot?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)