|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class was Ji Li's father sent to at work?
2. What did Ji Li do when she was injured?
3. What did Ji Li do while Fan Wen Chong was helped?
4. Why did Lin Lin come to visit Ji Li?
5. What was Zhang Xin's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ji Li learn how to raise in Jr. High, and why?
2. Why was Ji Li forced to go back to Shang Hai in the summer?
3. Why did Ji Li stop going to school all together?
4. What made Ji Li yell at her mother?
5. What happened on the morning of the opening of the Exhibition?
6. How did Ji Li feel about not knowing anyone in her Jr. High class?
7. Why did Lin Lin come to visit Ji Li?
8. Why did Uncle Fan come to Ji Li's house?
9. What was Dad doing while he was locked up, and why?
10. What did Comrade Ma say when Ji Li asked to have her name changed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened at the Class Education Exhibition, and why was this so important to Ji Li?
Essay Topic 2
Father and Zhang were both very dynamic leaders and father figures in this book. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how did these differences affect their lives, their family, and their role in Ji Li's life?
Essay Topic 3
How did the relationship between Ji Li and her father change throughout the course of the story, and how did these changes affect the people around them?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)