|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Jr. High teachers have to mix with education?
2. What did An Yi's mother do for a living?
3. How did Ji Li feel after the Class Education Exhibition?
4. Why did Ji Yun begin crying one day?
5. What did Dad refuse to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ji Li choose to spend her summer working in the rice fields?
2. Why did Ji Li stop going to school all together?
3. How did Ji Li get injured in the rice fields?
4. What happened after Ji Li was injured in the fields?
5. What did Zhang tell Ji Li when she asked about being chosen to help with the Exhibition?
6. What kind of bullying did Ji Yun encounter at school?
7. How did Ji Li know that her father was hving troubles at work?
8. What did Ji Li say to Comrade Ma about her family?
9. What made Ji Li yell at her mother?
10. What did Ji Li find when she woke up on Chinese New Year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the people in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the ways Mother and Father showed their love to each other, and how did these displays affect Ji Li's ideas about life?
Essay Topic 3
Each of the Jiang siblings had very different characteristics and personalities. What are the defining features of each of the siblings, and how did their individuality affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)