|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ji Yun called at school?
2. How did Ji Li feel after the Class Education Exhibition?
3. Why did Ji Yun begin crying one day?
4. What was Jin's title?
5. How did Ji Li know Lin Lin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ji Li get injured in the rice fields?
2. What did Ji Li learn how to raise in Jr. High, and why?
3. What did Zhang Xin say when he first met Ji Li?
4. Why did Ji Li choose to spend her summer working in the rice fields?
5. What did Comrade Ma say when Ji Li asked to have her name changed?
6. Why did Ji Li stop going to school all together?
7. What did Zhang tell Ji Li when she asked about being chosen to help with the Exhibition?
8. What happened after Ji Li was injured in the fields?
9. What did Ji Li find when she woke up on Chinese New Year?
10. Why did Ji Li start staying home from school in Jr. High?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the people in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What did Father do to protect his family from the searches, and how did this work out for them?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Ji Li want to change her name, and what would this have meant to her family?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)