|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ji Li stop going to school all together?
2. Why was Ji Li sent to call Uncle Tian?
3. Why was Ji Li happy to not know anybody in her Jr. High class?
4. How did Jin describe the old society?
5. What did Dad refuse to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Ji Li forced to go back to Shang Hai in the summer?
2. What happened in Ji Li's study session?
3. Why did Lin Lin come to visit Ji Li?
4. What did Comrade Ma offer to do for Ji Li once she changed her name?
5. What did Zhang Xin say when he first met Ji Li?
6. Why did Uncle Fan come to Ji Li's house?
7. Why was Ji Li chosen to help with the Exhibition?
8. What made Ji Li yell at her mother?
9. Why did Ji Li start staying home from school in Jr. High?
10. What did Ji Li hope to achieve at the Exhibition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened at the Class Education Exhibition, and why was this so important to Ji Li?
Essay Topic 2
How did the relationship between Ji Li and her father change throughout the course of the story, and how did these changes affect the people around them?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the people in these scenes?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)