|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lin Lin come to visit Ji Li?
2. What did Dad refuse to do?
3. Who did Ji Li blame for all her problems?
4. What did the Jr. High teachers have to mix with education?
5. What charges were held against Dad?
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the ways Mother and Father showed their love to each other, and how did these displays affect Ji Li's ideas about life?
Essay Topic 2
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where did they appear, and how did the presence of these feelings change the people who were involved in those situations?
Essay Topic 3
Maturity and aging was a strong theme in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how significant was it to the plot?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)