|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ji Li asked to do for her father?
2. How did Ji Li help with Jin's Exhibition?
3. Who was called into a study session after Ji Li's?
4. Why was Ji Li sent to call Uncle Tian?
5. How many rows were rice harvesters assigned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ji Li hope to achieve at the Exhibition?
2. Why did Uncle Fan come to Ji Li's house?
3. Why did Ji Li choose to spend her summer working in the rice fields?
4. What did Comrade Ma say when Ji Li asked to have her name changed?
5. How did Ji Li feel about not knowing anyone in her Jr. High class?
6. What made Ji Li so nervous about presenting at the Class Education Exhibition?
7. What did Ji Li find when she woke up on Chinese New Year?
8. What happened to An Yi's mother at work?
9. What did Ji Li say to Comrade Ma about her family?
10. What did Ji Li hear her father say the night before Chinese New Year?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Ji Li want to change her name, and what would this have meant to her family?
Essay Topic 2
What happened at the Class Education Exhibition, and why was this so important to Ji Li?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)