|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Grandmother taken to the clinic?
2. Where did Dad send the children away when Tian was visiting?
3. Where did Dad take the children on a picnic?
4. How was Ji Li related to Tian?
5. What did people use the Propaganda Wall to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of honor was Ji Li given at the beginning of the book?
2. What did Six Fingers take from Ji Li and why?
3. What did Six Fingers do in the neighborhood?
4. How did Ji Li respond to the bike incident?
5. How did Mom preserve her ancestor's clothing?
6. What did Ji Li do at Grandpa Hong's?
7. What was a Four Old?
8. What made Ji Li happy to skip school?
9. Why did Ji Li turn down the honor given her at the beginning of the book?
10. What made Ji Li get a lecture from the Red Successors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ji Li endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the people in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the ways Mother and Father showed their love to each other, and how did these displays affect Ji Li's ideas about life?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)