|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were school classes canceled?
2. What occupation did Ji Li's parents once hold?
3. How long was Ji Li sick with a fever?
4. What was never supposed to compromise political principles?
5. Where did Dad take meetings late at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at the Great Prosperity Market and why?
2. What made Ji Li get a lecture from the Red Successors?
3. How did Ji Li choose what to put on her posters?
4. What was a Four Old?
5. What did Dad do with Grandmother's trunks, and why?
6. How did Ji Li respond to the bike incident?
7. What happened when the Red Guard asked to borrow a bike?
8. What did Ji Li have to do outside of Jiang-Xi's house?
9. Why was Ji Li unable to be in the Red Successors?
10. Why did Ji Li have to take over the cooking in her house and how did she feel about this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Each of the Jiang siblings had very different characteristics and personalities. What are the defining features of each of the siblings, and how did their individuality affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What was the significance of the title of this book?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)