|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ji Li mean?
2. What did Jiang Xi do that was shocking to Ji Li?
3. What picture hung on Ji Li's classroom wall at the beginning of the book?
4. Where was a sign being broken according to An Yi?
5. What was Long's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did An Yi's grandmother die?
2. What did Six Fingers take from Ji Li and why?
3. How did Grandmother feel about the Four lds, and how did Ji Li respond to this?
4. Why did Ji Li smell smoke in her house one night?
5. What did Six Fingers do in the neighborhood?
6. What was the meaning of Ji Li's name?
7. Why did Ji Yung get in his first fights?
8. How did Ji Li choose what to put on her posters?
9. What made Ji Li get a lecture from the Red Successors?
10. How did Mom preserve her ancestor's clothing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maturity and aging was a strong theme in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how significant was it to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Each of the Jiang siblings had very different characteristics and personalities. What are the defining features of each of the siblings, and how did their individuality affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the people most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)