|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ji Li know An Yi?
2. Where was a sign being broken according to An Yi?
3. Where did Ji Li learn about the New China campaign?
4. What occupation did Ji Li's parents once hold?
5. What picture hung on Ji Li's classroom wall at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ji Li's living situation at the beginning of the book?
2. What did Six Fingers do in the neighborhood?
3. What did Ji Li do at Grandpa Hong's?
4. What did the sound of drums and gongs mean?
5. What was a Four Old?
6. What did Dad do with Grandmother's trunks, and why?
7. Why was Ji Li unable to be in the Red Successors?
8. What happened at the Great Prosperity Market and why?
9. How did An Yi's grandmother die?
10. What did Ji Li have to do outside of Jiang-Xi's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the Propaganda Wall, and what role did this play in Ji Li's life during the cultural revolution?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the ways Mother and Father showed their love to each other, and how did these displays affect Ji Li's ideas about life?
Essay Topic 3
How did Ji Li show her integrity, and what resulted because of her dependence on integrity?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)