|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ji Li happy about while she was sick with a fever?
2. What did the Red Guard want to borrow from the washboard man?
3. What did Ji Li learn about her parents when she was not allowed to be in a special group?
4. What did Six Fingers' group do?
5. Why did Ji Li's father not want her to be a part of the group she was selected for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ji Li stop going to school all together?
2. What made Ji Li happy to skip school?
3. Why were classes canceled?
4. What did Ji Li find when she woke up on Chinese New Year?
5. How did Ji Li get injured in the rice fields?
6. What happened in Ji Li's study session?
7. What did Comrade Ma say when Ji Li asked to have her name changed?
8. Why was Ji Li unable to be in the Red Successors?
9. What did Ji Li do after the Cultural Revolution?
10. What did Ji Li have to do outside of Jiang-Xi's house?
Essay Topic 1
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where did they appear, and how did the presence of these feelings change the people who were involved in those situations?
Essay Topic 2
What did Father do to protect his family from the searches, and how did this work out for them?
Essay Topic 3
Ji Li endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)