|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ji Li do after being lectured by the Red Successors?
2. What did Ji Li's father once do that made him looked down on?
3. What did Ji Li mean?
4. Where did Jia Hong-yu first see Mao?
5. What was Long's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ji Li respond to the bike incident?
2. How did An Yi's grandmother die?
3. What happened when the Red Guard asked to borrow a bike?
4. What kind of honor was Ji Li given at the beginning of the book?
5. What did Six Fingers take from Ji Li and why?
6. Why were classes canceled?
7. Why was Ji Li unable to be in the Red Successors?
8. Why did Ji Li smell smoke in her house one night?
9. Why was Ji Li's name included on a poster?
10. What did Six Fingers do in the neighborhood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Ji Li want to change her name, and what would this have meant to her family?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What was the significance of the title of this book?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)