|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of clothes did Jiang Xi wear?
2. What did Ji Li do after being lectured by the Red Successors?
3. What was Long's occupation?
4. What did the Red Successors lecture Ji Li about?
5. How did An Yi comfort Ji Li while she was sick with a fever?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ji Li do after the Cultural Revolution?
2. What made Ji Li so nervous about presenting at the Class Education Exhibition?
3. How did Ji Li choose what to put on her posters?
4. What did Zhang Xin say when he first met Ji Li?
5. What was Dad doing while he was locked up, and why?
6. What was a Four Old?
7. Why was Ji Li forced to go back to Shang Hai in the summer?
8. What did Dad do with Grandmother's trunks, and why?
9. What happened on the morning of the opening of the Exhibition?
10. What made Ji Li yell at her mother?
Essay Topic 1
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how was the plot altered because of these incidents?
Essay Topic 3
How did the relationship between Ji Li and her father change throughout the course of the story, and how did these changes affect the people around them?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)