Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ji Li happy about while she was sick with a fever?
2. Where did Dad take the children on a picnic?
3. What picture hung on Ji Li's classroom wall at the beginning of the book?
4. How did Ji Li know An Yi?
5. What Committee was over education when the schools re-opened?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ji Li have to do outside of Jiang-Xi's house?
2. What did Ji Li hear her father say the night before Chinese New Year?
3. Who were the Red Successors?
4. What was a Four Old?
5. What happened on the morning of the opening of the Exhibition?
6. How did Ji Li get injured in the rice fields?
7. What bothered Ji Li most about the officials of the Cultural Revolution?
8. What caused Ji Li's father to be released?
9. What did Dad do with Grandmother's trunks, and why?
10. What did Ji Li and her siblings become, and why?
Essay Topic 1
Ji Li endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What happened at the Class Education Exhibition, and why was this so important to Ji Li?
Essay Topic 3
How did the relationship between Ji Li and her father change throughout the course of the story, and how did these changes affect the people around them?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)