|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ji Li do after being lectured by the Red Successors?
2. Where did Dad take the children on a picnic?
3. What was Long's occupation?
4. How did Ji Li get inspiration for her assignment when classes were canceled?
5. What was the sign finally broken with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mom preserve her ancestor's clothing?
2. What happened when the Red Guard asked to borrow a bike?
3. What was a Four Old?
4. How did Ji Li choose what to put on her posters?
5. Why did Ji Li smell smoke in her house one night?
6. Why was Ji Li's name included on a poster?
7. What did Ji Li have to do outside of Jiang-Xi's house?
8. What happened at the Great Prosperity Market and why?
9. What did Dad do with Grandmother's trunks, and why?
10. What made Ji Li get a lecture from the Red Successors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Ji Li want to change her name, and what would this have meant to her family?
Essay Topic 2
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 3
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where did they appear, and how did the presence of these feelings change the people who were involved in those situations?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)