|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ji Li happy about while she was sick with a fever?
2. Where did Dad take the children on a picnic?
3. What picture hung on Ji Li's classroom wall at the beginning of the book?
4. How did Ji Li know An Yi?
5. What Committee was over education when the schools re-opened?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ji Li have to do outside of Jiang-Xi's house?
2. What did Ji Li hear her father say the night before Chinese New Year?
3. Who were the Red Successors?
4. What was a Four Old?
5. What happened on the morning of the opening of the Exhibition?
6. How did Ji Li get injured in the rice fields?
7. What bothered Ji Li most about the officials of the Cultural Revolution?
8. What caused Ji Li's father to be released?
9. What did Dad do with Grandmother's trunks, and why?
10. What did Ji Li and her siblings become, and why?
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the people in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What was the Propaganda Wall, and what role did this play in Ji Li's life during the cultural revolution?
Essay Topic 3
What happened at the Class Education Exhibition, and why was this so important to Ji Li?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)