|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Red Successors lecture Ji Li about?
2. Where did Dad take meetings late at night?
3. Why did Dad send the children away when Tian was visiting?
4. What did Six Fingers' group do?
5. What was wrong with the song at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Grandmother feel about the Four lds, and how did Ji Li respond to this?
2. What did Ji Li have to do outside of Jiang-Xi's house?
3. Why did Ji Yung get in his first fights?
4. Why was Ji Li unable to be in the Red Successors?
5. How did An Yi's grandmother die?
6. Why did Ji Li smell smoke in her house one night?
7. What kind of honor was Ji Li given at the beginning of the book?
8. Where did Ji Li go while her house was searched?
9. What made Ji Li happy to skip school?
10. Why were classes canceled?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people were most affected by this?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the people in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
How did Ji Li show her integrity, and what resulted because of her dependence on integrity?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)