Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ji Li have a hard time thinking of when classes were canceled?
2. What did Ji Li's family do with old pictures?
3. What were the schools in China supposed to be producing?
4. What was Ji Yung doing when something was stolen from him?
5. What did the classes study when the school was re-opened?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in Ji Li's study session?
2. What bothered Ji Li most about the officials of the Cultural Revolution?
3. What made Ji Li happy to skip school?
4. What did Ji Li hope to achieve at the Exhibition?
5. Why did Ji Li choose to spend her summer working in the rice fields?
6. How did Ji Li feel about not knowing anyone in her Jr. High class?
7. What made Ji Li so nervous about presenting at the Class Education Exhibition?
8. What did Six Fingers do in the neighborhood?
9. What was the meaning of Ji Li's name?
10. Why did Ji Li start staying home from school in Jr. High?
Courage and fear were two attributes that were seen a number of times in this book. Where did they appear, and how did the presence of these feelings change the people who were involved in those situations?
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
What did Father do to protect his family from the searches, and how did this work out for them?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)