|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ji Li's family do with old pictures?
2. What physical feat was Ji Li tested for at the beginning of the book?
3. Why did Ji Li's family do what they did with old pictures?
4. Who disagreed with the New China campaign?
5. How was Grandmother taken to the clinic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ji Li have to do outside of Jiang-Xi's house?
2. What did Dad do with Grandmother's trunks, and why?
3. Why were classes canceled?
4. Who were the Red Successors?
5. Why did Ji Li have to take over the cooking in her house and how did she feel about this?
6. How did Ji Li choose what to put on her posters?
7. How did Grandmother feel about the Four lds, and how did Ji Li respond to this?
8. Why was Ji Li unable to be in the Red Successors?
9. Where did Ji Li go while her house was searched?
10. Why did Ji Li smell smoke in her house one night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Father and Zhang were both very dynamic leaders and father figures in this book. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how did these differences affect their lives, their family, and their role in Ji Li's life?
Essay Topic 2
What was the significance of the title of this book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the ways Mother and Father showed their love to each other, and how did these displays affect Ji Li's ideas about life?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)