|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ji Li's family do with old pictures?
2. What was painted on the Propaganda Wall?
3. What did Mom make a comforter out of?
4. What kind of clothes did Jiang Xi wear?
5. Why did Ji Li's father not want her to be a part of the group she was selected for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ji Li smell smoke in her house one night?
2. What did Six Fingers do in the neighborhood?
3. Why was Ji Li's name included on a poster?
4. Why did Ji Li turn down the honor given her at the beginning of the book?
5. What happened when the Red Guard asked to borrow a bike?
6. What made Ji Li happy to skip school?
7. What was the meaning of Ji Li's name?
8. How did An Yi's grandmother die?
9. What did Ji Li have to do outside of Jiang-Xi's house?
10. Who were the Red Successors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the ways Mother and Father showed their love to each other, and how did these displays affect Ji Li's ideas about life?
Essay Topic 2
What did Father do to protect his family from the searches, and how did this work out for them?
Essay Topic 3
Death and mortality were two integral themes of this plot. What are some of the key examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the main characters?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)