|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jiang Xi do that was shocking to Ji Li?
2. What did Six Fingers' group do?
3. Why did Ji Li's father not want her to be a part of the group she was selected for?
4. Where did Dad take meetings late at night?
5. How did Ji Yung try to break the sign?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were classes canceled?
2. What did Ji Li have to do outside of Jiang-Xi's house?
3. What made Ji Li happy to skip school?
4. How did Mom preserve her ancestor's clothing?
5. What did Dad do with Grandmother's trunks, and why?
6. How did Ji Li respond to the bike incident?
7. What was Ji Li's living situation at the beginning of the book?
8. Why did Ji Li turn down the honor given her at the beginning of the book?
9. What made Ji Li get a lecture from the Red Successors?
10. How did Grandmother feel about the Four lds, and how did Ji Li respond to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how was the plot altered because of these incidents?
Essay Topic 2
Father and Zhang were both very dynamic leaders and father figures in this book. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how did these differences affect their lives, their family, and their role in Ji Li's life?
Essay Topic 3
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people were most affected by this?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)