|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group was Ji Li selected to be a part of at the beginning of the book?
2. What happened to Grandpa Hong's stall when classes were canceled?
3. What did Ji Li say about Six Fingers?
4. Where was the Propaganda Wall placed?
5. Who did not let Ji Li watch search parties?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ji Li turn down the honor given her at the beginning of the book?
2. How did Ji Li respond to the bike incident?
3. Why was Ji Li's name included on a poster?
4. Why did Ji Li smell smoke in her house one night?
5. What did Six Fingers do in the neighborhood?
6. What happened when the Red Guard asked to borrow a bike?
7. Why were classes canceled?
8. Who were the Red Successors?
9. Why was Ji Li unable to be in the Red Successors?
10. How did An Yi's grandmother die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the significance of the title of this book?
Essay Topic 2
What did Father do to protect his family from the searches, and how did this work out for them?
Essay Topic 3
Father and Zhang were both very dynamic leaders and father figures in this book. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how did these differences affect their lives, their family, and their role in Ji Li's life?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)