|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jia Hong-yu march?
2. How did Ji Li feel about taking over the cooking in her house?
3. What did search parties look for after the posters went up?
4. What did Ji Li mean?
5. What was Ji Yung doing when something was stolen from him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Six Fingers take from Ji Li and why?
2. Why did Ji Yung get in his first fights?
3. Why was Ji Li's name included on a poster?
4. How did Ji Li choose what to put on her posters?
5. What was Ji Li's living situation at the beginning of the book?
6. Why did Ji Li have to take over the cooking in her house and how did she feel about this?
7. How did Mom preserve her ancestor's clothing?
8. Why did Ji Li turn down the honor given her at the beginning of the book?
9. What was a Four Old?
10. What was the meaning of Ji Li's name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Each of the Jiang siblings had very different characteristics and personalities. What are the defining features of each of the siblings, and how did their individuality affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Ji Li endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
How did the relationship between Ji Li and her father change throughout the course of the story, and how did these changes affect the people around them?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)