|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ji Li know An Yi?
2. Why were school classes canceled?
3. What was Song Po-Po's occupation?
4. How did Tian speak with Dad on his visit?
5. Where did Jia Hong-yu march?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ji Li have to do outside of Jiang-Xi's house?
2. Why was Ji Li's name included on a poster?
3. What was a Four Old?
4. What kind of honor was Ji Li given at the beginning of the book?
5. How did Ji Li respond to the bike incident?
6. How did Mom preserve her ancestor's clothing?
7. Why did Ji Li turn down the honor given her at the beginning of the book?
8. What made Ji Li happy to skip school?
9. Why did Ji Yung get in his first fights?
10. How did Ji Li choose what to put on her posters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the relationship between Ji Li and her father change throughout the course of the story, and how did these changes affect the people around them?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Ji Li want to change her name, and what would this have meant to her family?
Essay Topic 3
How did Ji Li feel about the Cultural Revolution in Chine when it was over, and what led to this changed ideal?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)