|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ji Li go to watch the sign being broken down?
2. Who did not let Ji Li watch search parties?
3. What kind of clothes did Jiang Xi wear?
4. Where did Dad take meetings late at night?
5. What did people use the Propaganda Wall to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened at the Great Prosperity Market and why?
2. What did Ji Li have to do outside of Jiang-Xi's house?
3. Why did Ji Li smell smoke in her house one night?
4. What did the sound of drums and gongs mean?
5. What was the meaning of Ji Li's name?
6. Who were the Red Successors?
7. How did Mom preserve her ancestor's clothing?
8. What made Ji Li happy to skip school?
9. How did Ji Li choose what to put on her posters?
10. Why did Ji Li turn down the honor given her at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Maturity and aging was a strong theme in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how significant was it to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What happened at the Class Education Exhibition, and why was this so important to Ji Li?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the people in these scenes?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)