|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jia Hong-yu march?
2. Where was a sign being broken according to An Yi?
3. What did people use the Propaganda Wall to do?
4. How did Ji Li feel about being part of the New China campaign?
5. Where did Ji Li hide after turning down the chance to be part of a special group?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of honor was Ji Li given at the beginning of the book?
2. How did Grandmother feel about the Four lds, and how did Ji Li respond to this?
3. How did An Yi's grandmother die?
4. Why was Ji Li unable to be in the Red Successors?
5. Why did Ji Li have to take over the cooking in her house and how did she feel about this?
6. Why did Ji Yung get in his first fights?
7. What did the sound of drums and gongs mean?
8. What was a Four Old?
9. Why were classes canceled?
10. What happened at the Great Prosperity Market and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the Propaganda Wall, and what role did this play in Ji Li's life during the cultural revolution?
Essay Topic 2
Each of the Jiang siblings had very different characteristics and personalities. What are the defining features of each of the siblings, and how did their individuality affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)