|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the newspapers say the schools in China were producing?
2. Why was Ji Li denied a place in the Red Successors?
3. Why was Ji Li included in a poster?
4. What occupation did Ji Li's parents once hold?
5. What did Grandma do to make her suspicious to the Red Guard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the meaning of Ji Li's name?
2. What happened when the Red Guard asked to borrow a bike?
3. What did Six Fingers take from Ji Li and why?
4. What was Dad doing while he was locked up, and why?
5. What made Ji Li so nervous about presenting at the Class Education Exhibition?
6. What did Ji Li learn how to raise in Jr. High, and why?
7. Why was Ji Li forced to go back to Shang Hai in the summer?
8. What made Ji Li yell at her mother?
9. How did An Yi's grandmother die?
10. What did Ji Li hope to achieve at the Exhibition?
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the people in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
How did Ji Li show her integrity, and what resulted because of her dependence on integrity?
Essay Topic 3
Ji Li endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 1,104 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)