Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ji Li happy about while she was sick with a fever?
2. Where did Dad take the children on a picnic?
3. What picture hung on Ji Li's classroom wall at the beginning of the book?
4. How did Ji Li know An Yi?
5. What Committee was over education when the schools re-opened?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ji Li have to do outside of Jiang-Xi's house?
2. What did Ji Li hear her father say the night before Chinese New Year?
3. Who were the Red Successors?
4. What was a Four Old?
5. What happened on the morning of the opening of the Exhibition?
6. How did Ji Li get injured in the rice fields?
7. What bothered Ji Li most about the officials of the Cultural Revolution?
8. What caused Ji Li's father to be released?
9. What did Dad do with Grandmother's trunks, and why?
10. What did Ji Li and her siblings become, and why?
Essay Topic 1
Anger was a vice that reared its ugly head a number of times in this book. What are some examples of this, and how was the plot altered because of these incidents?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the people touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the people most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)