|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dad send the children away when Tian was visiting?
2. What were the schools in China supposed to be producing?
3. What did Ji Li mean?
4. What did Jiang Xi do that was shocking to Ji Li?
5. What occupation did Ji Li's parents once hold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ji Li do after the Cultural Revolution?
2. Who were the Red Successors?
3. What happened on the morning of the opening of the Exhibition?
4. What was Dad doing while he was locked up, and why?
5. What did Ji Li find when she woke up on Chinese New Year?
6. What did Ji Li hope to achieve at the Exhibition?
7. How did Ji Li respond to the bike incident?
8. What did Zhang Xin say when he first met Ji Li?
9. What made Ji Li yell at her mother?
10. How did Mom preserve her ancestor's clothing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Father and Zhang were both very dynamic leaders and father figures in this book. What are the differences in the two styles of leadership, and how did these differences affect their lives, their family, and their role in Ji Li's life?
Essay Topic 2
Maturity and aging was a strong theme in this book. Where did this theme appear, and how significant was it to the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How was the theme of diversity shown in this book, and which people were most affected by this?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)