|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dad take meetings late at night?
2. Why did Ji Li's father not want her to be a part of the group she was selected for?
3. What did Ji Li say about Six Fingers?
4. What did Ji Li do after being lectured by the Red Successors?
5. How did Ji Yung try to break the sign?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did An Yi's grandmother die?
2. Why were classes canceled?
3. How did Grandmother feel about the Four lds, and how did Ji Li respond to this?
4. How did Ji Li choose what to put on her posters?
5. What did Ji Li have to do outside of Jiang-Xi's house?
6. Why did Ji Li smell smoke in her house one night?
7. What happened when the Red Guard asked to borrow a bike?
8. Who were the Red Successors?
9. What did Six Fingers take from Ji Li and why?
10. How did Mom preserve her ancestor's clothing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ji Li endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
How did the relationship between Ji Li and her father change throughout the course of the story, and how did these changes affect the people around them?
Essay Topic 3
What did Father do to protect his family from the searches, and how did this work out for them?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)