|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Fan Wen Chong make the beating stop?
(a) He quit his job.
(b) He turned in a family.
(c) He made up a story.
(d) He ran away in the night.
2. What made Ji Li mad when she heard the family was being interviewed?
(a) Her mother cooperated.
(b) Her father was still gone.
(c) It was all based on lies.
(d) It would make her look bad at school.
3. What did Ji Li do to cheer up Ji Yun?
(a) Gave her supplies.
(b) Told her what to say next time.
(c) Promised to go back with her.
(d) Took her dancing.
4. What was wrong with Fan Wen Chong when he came to visit?
(a) His face was all bloody.
(b) He was limping.
(c) His arm was in a sling.
(d) He was deaf in one ear.
5. How did Dad know Fan Wen Chong?
(a) They worked together at the government.
(b) They were theater friends.
(c) They grew up together.
(d) They were second cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ji Li hope to re-mold herself?
2. What was Jin's title?
3. What was Ji Yun called at school?
4. What was Ji Li most worried about when she stopped going to school all together?
5. How did Jin describe the old society?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Ji Li know that her father was hving troubles at work?
2. What made Ji Li so nervous about presenting at the Class Education Exhibition?
3. Why was Ji Li chosen to help with the Exhibition?
4. How did Ji Li cheer up Ji Yun when she was bullied?
5. What did Zhang tell Ji Li when she asked about being chosen to help with the Exhibition?
6. What was Dad doing while he was locked up, and why?
7. What made Ji Li yell at her mother?
8. Why did Ji Li choose to spend her summer working in the rice fields?
9. Why did Uncle Fan come to Ji Li's house?
10. What did Ji Li say to Comrade Ma about her family?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)