|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ji Li start staying home from school in Jr. High?
(a) The school work was getting too easy.
(b) The school work was getting too hard.
(c) To avoid embarassment.
(d) To help her mother and Grandma.
2. What did Dad refuse to do?
(a) Report others.
(c) Disgrace his family.
(d) Change his mind.
3. Why was Ji Li sent to call Uncle Tian?
(a) To check on their well being.
(b) To see if he knew anything about Dad.
(c) To borrow some money/
(d) To invite them over for the Chinese New Year.
4. Where did Mom work?
(a) A school.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A store.
5. What did Ji Li do while Fan Wen Chong was helped?
(a) Went to sleep.
(b) Boiled water.
(c) Ran to her room.
(d) Kept watch at the window.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Dad know Fan Wen Chong?
2. What did Mom suffer from?
3. Who did Ji Li stay close to on her first day in Jr. High?
4. Where did Ji Li request summer work?
5. What was An Yi most worried about while not attending school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ji Li find when she woke up on Chinese New Year?
2. What did Ji Li say to Comrade Ma about her family?
3. How did Ji Li get injured in the rice fields?
4. Why was Ji Li forced to go back to Shang Hai in the summer?
5. What happened after Ji Li was injured in the fields?
6. What did Ji Li learn how to raise in Jr. High, and why?
7. What happened to An Yi's mother at work?
8. What did Zhang Xin say when he first met Ji Li?
9. How did Ji Li cheer up Ji Yun when she was bullied?
10. What did Zhang tell Ji Li when she asked about being chosen to help with the Exhibition?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)