|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ji Li start staying home from school in Jr. High?
(a) The school work was getting too easy.
(b) To avoid embarassment.
(c) The school work was getting too hard.
(d) To help her mother and Grandma.
2. What did Zhang tell Ji Li to overcome?
(a) Her family background.
(b) Her father's ideals.
(c) Her mind set.
(d) Her educational delays.
3. Why was Ji Li happy to not know anybody in her Jr. High class?
(a) She could share her secrets.
(b) She could pretned to be someone else.
(c) They would know about her status.
(d) They hadn't seen the poster.
4. Why was Ji Li sent back to Shang Hai in the summer?
(a) She needed a doctor for her injury.
(b) Her grandmother died.
(c) There were more study sessions.
(d) Her mother got sick.
5. What did Zhang Xin tell Ji Li to do on the day he met her?
(a) Dream big.
(c) Keep quiet.
(d) Find beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to An Yi's mother every day at school when Ji Li stopped attending?
2. Where was Dad being kept?
3. Who did Ji Li blame for all her problems?
4. How did Ji Li help with Jin's Exhibition?
5. What did Bai Shan want to do for Ji Li?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Lin Lin come to visit Ji Li?
2. How did Ji Li cheer up Ji Yun when she was bullied?
3. What did Ji Li learn how to raise in Jr. High, and why?
4. Why did Ji Li start staying home from school in Jr. High?
5. How did Ji Li feel about not knowing anyone in her Jr. High class?
6. How did Ji Li know that her father was hving troubles at work?
7. Why was Ji Li chosen to help with the Exhibition?
8. Why was Ji Li forced to go back to Shang Hai in the summer?
9. What kind of bullying did Ji Yun encounter at school?
10. Why did Ji Li choose to spend her summer working in the rice fields?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)