|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ji Li most worried about when she stopped going to school all together?
(a) Her family's fate.
(b) Grandma's nerves.
(c) An Yi's reputation.
(d) Her father's illness.
2. What did Ji Li say she could choose for herself while speaking with Comrade Ma?
(a) Her future.
(b) Her class status.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her title.
3. Where did Ji Li request summer work?
(a) The school.
(b) The factories.
(c) The country.
(d) The theater.
4. What was Zhang Xin's occupation?
5. Why did Ji Li start staying home from school in Jr. High?
(a) The school work was getting too hard.
(b) To avoid embarassment.
(c) The school work was getting too easy.
(d) To help her mother and Grandma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Dad being kept?
2. What was the Worker's Revolt?
3. What secret did Ji Li tell Lin Lin when she visited?
4. Why did Lin Lin come to visit Ji Li?
5. Why was Ji Li told to work somewhere in the summer at her meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of bullying did Ji Yun encounter at school?
2. What did Comrade Ma say when Ji Li asked to have her name changed?
3. Why did Ji Li start staying home from school in Jr. High?
4. What did Zhang Xin say when he first met Ji Li?
5. Why did Uncle Fan come to Ji Li's house?
6. Why did Ji Li stop going to school all together?
7. What happened to An Yi's mother at work?
8. Why was Ji Li forced to go back to Shang Hai in the summer?
9. What did Ji Li find when she woke up on Chinese New Year?
10. What was Dad doing while he was locked up, and why?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)