|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Ji Li mad when she heard the family was being interviewed?
(a) Her father was still gone.
(b) It was all based on lies.
(c) It would make her look bad at school.
(d) Her mother cooperated.
2. Why did Ji Li request to work somewhere for the summer?
(a) To avoid the hearing for her father.
(b) To be with An Yi.
(c) To prove herself.
(d) To be near her mother.
3. What was Jin's title?
4. Why was Ji Li happy to not know anybody in her Jr. High class?
(a) They would know about her status.
(b) She could share her secrets.
(c) She could pretned to be someone else.
(d) They hadn't seen the poster.
5. What was the Worker's Revolt?
(a) A secret organization.
(b) A book.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A radio program.
6. What did Ji Li ask Comrade Ma to help her do?
(a) Change her name.
(b) Move her address.
(c) Release her father.
(d) Get her a job.
7. How did Ji Li hope to re-mold herself?
(a) Through education.
(b) Through hard labor.
(c) Through pain.
(d) Through obedience.
8. What secret did Lin Lin tell Ji Li when she came to visit?
(a) Her mother was dying.
(b) Her mind was slowing.
(c) Her father was being interrogated.
(d) Her house was searched.
9. How did Ji Li get injured in the summer?
(a) She smashed her finger.
(b) She broke her wrist.
(c) She banged her head.
(d) She cut her leg.
10. What did Bai Shan want to do for Ji Li?
(a) Get her food and water.
(b) Take her to the doctor.
(c) Wrap her leg.
(d) Finish her quota.
11. Who did Ji Li stay close to on her first day in Jr. High?
(a) Ji Yung.
(b) Lo Yon.
(c) An Yi.
(d) Ji Yung.
12. What was Zhang Xin's occupation?
13. What did Ji Li do when she was injured?
(a) Quit her job.
(b) Went home.
(c) Finished working.
(d) Went to the hospital.
14. What happened to An Yi's mother every day at school when Ji Li stopped attending?
(a) She was yelled at.
(b) She was beat.
(c) All of these.
(d) She was harassed.
15. Why did Dad refuse to confess?
(a) He was an example to his children.
(b) He had done nothing wrong.
(c) He didn't want to be beat.
(d) He hated the new regime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was wrong with Fan Wen Chong when he came to visit?
2. How did Ji Li feel when she stopped going to school all together?
3. Why was Ji Li told to work somewhere in the summer at her meeting?
4. Why did Ji Li stop going to school all together?
5. Who wanted to speak with Ji Li after she was cut from the Exhibition?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)