|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ji Li request summer work?
(a) The factories.
(b) The country.
(c) The theater.
(d) The school.
2. What was the Worker's Revolt?
(a) A book.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A radio program.
(d) A secret organization.
3. How did Ji Li hope to re-mold herself?
(a) Through obedience.
(b) Through education.
(c) Through pain.
(d) Through hard labor.
4. What was Ji Li asked to do for her father?
(a) Testify against him.
(b) Bring him clothes.
(c) Write defense for him.
(d) Change her name.
5. Who did Ji Li want to stay away from her in Jr. High?
(a) Six Fingers.
(b) An Jung.
(c) Di Hai.
(d) An Yi's mother.
6. How many people were bullying Ji Yun?
7. What did Ji Li do while Fan Wen Chong was helped?
(a) Ran to her room.
(b) Kept watch at the window.
(c) Went to sleep.
(d) Boiled water.
8. What secret did Ji Li tell Lin Lin when she visited?
(a) Her mother was dying.
(b) Her house was searched.
(c) Her mind was slowing.
(d) Her father was being interrogated.
9. How did most people react to Ji Li's Exhibition presentation?
(a) They want to work harder.
(b) They are happy.
(c) They get angry.
(d) They cry.
10. What did Jin say to Ji Li after the Exhibition?
(a) Her presentation was the best htere.
(b) She did well.
(c) She should have been there.
(d) Her family was expected.
11. What was Ji Li's favorite thing about going to Jr. High?
(a) She got to see her classmates.
(b) She got to use her purchased supplies.
(c) She got to learn again.
(d) She got out of her house.
12. How did Ji Li help with Jin's Exhibition?
(a) She put up tables.
(b) She gave some artwork.
(c) She was a guide.
(d) She pasted posters.
13. Why did Ji Li start staying home from school in Jr. High?
(a) The school work was getting too hard.
(b) To help her mother and Grandma.
(c) The school work was getting too easy.
(d) To avoid embarassment.
14. Why did Ji Yun begin crying one day?
(a) She lost her bag.
(b) She saw a teacher beat.
(c) She was given a bad grade.
(d) Her house was searched.
15. Who did Ji Li blame for all her problems?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her grandfather.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Ji Li visit while not attending school?
2. What was Ji Li's favorite subject in school?
3. What was Dad doing when Ji Li brought him clothes?
4. What did a story about the Jiangs say?
5. What did Dad refuse to do?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)