|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rows were rice harvesters assigned?
2. What was wrong with Fan Wen Chong when he came to visit?
(a) His face was all bloody.
(b) He was deaf in one ear.
(c) He was limping.
(d) His arm was in a sling.
3. What was Jin's title?
4. What startled Ji Li when she woke up on Chinese New Year?
(a) The sky was dark.
(b) There were sirens at the door.
(c) Fan Wen Chong was in her room.
(d) Grandma was crying.
5. What did Ji Li say she could choose for herself while speaking with Comrade Ma?
(a) Her future.
(b) Her title.
(c) Her class status.
(d) Her family.
6. Who told Ji Li that Dad had been cleared of his charges?
(b) Uncle Tian.
(c) Fan Wen Chong.
7. What did Bai Shan want to do for Ji Li?
(a) Get her food and water.
(b) Wrap her leg.
(c) Take her to the doctor.
(d) Finish her quota.
8. Why did Ji Li stop going to school all together?
(a) Her family was implicated.
(b) She was needed at home.
(c) There were no teachers for her age.
(d) She was afraid of the Red Guard.
9. Why did Ji Li request to work somewhere for the summer?
(a) To avoid the hearing for her father.
(b) To prove herself.
(c) To be near her mother.
(d) To be with An Yi.
10. What did Uncle Tian tell Ji Li on the phone?
(a) They would be happy ot help in any way.
(b) They already had New Year's plans.
(c) They had not seen Dad.
(d) There was a problem at the meeting.
11. What did Jin say to Ji Li after the Exhibition?
(a) Her presentation was the best htere.
(b) She should have been there.
(c) Her family was expected.
(d) She did well.
12. What made Ji Li mad when she heard the family was being interviewed?
(a) Her mother cooperated.
(b) Her father was still gone.
(c) It would make her look bad at school.
(d) It was all based on lies.
13. Why did Lin Lin come to visit Ji Li?
(a) To send a message.
(b) To check on her.
(c) To bring her school work.
(d) To tell her about a school meeting.
14. How long was Dad gone when he came to the house again?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 4 months.
15. What was not used in the Jr. High to teach the students?
(a) Chalk boards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Comrade Ma work?
2. How did Ji Li choose to prove herself amidst the bad rumors?
3. Why was Ji Li happy to not know anybody in her Jr. High class?
4. What charges were held against Dad?
5. Who made up the story of the charges Dad was held for?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)