|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to An Yi's mother every day at school when Ji Li stopped attending?
(a) She was beat.
(b) She was harassed.
(c) All of these.
(d) She was yelled at.
2. How many rows were rice harvesters assigned?
3. Why did Ji Li stop going to school all together?
(a) There were no teachers for her age.
(b) She was afraid of the Red Guard.
(c) She was needed at home.
(d) Her family was implicated.
4. Who was called into a study session after Ji Li's?
(a) Her siblings.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her uncles.
5. How did Ji Li help with Jin's Exhibition?
(a) She was a guide.
(b) She pasted posters.
(c) She gave some artwork.
(d) She put up tables.
6. Who did Ji Li visit while not attending school?
(a) Jung Yi.
(b) An Yi.
(c) Jung Xi.
(d) Ji Lang.
7. What secret did Ji Li tell Lin Lin when she visited?
(a) Her father was being interrogated.
(b) Her mind was slowing.
(c) Her mother was dying.
(d) Her house was searched.
8. What did Uncle Tian tell Ji Li on the phone?
(a) They had not seen Dad.
(b) There was a problem at the meeting.
(c) They already had New Year's plans.
(d) They would be happy ot help in any way.
9. What did Ji Li do to cheer up Ji Yun?
(a) Gave her supplies.
(b) Promised to go back with her.
(c) Told her what to say next time.
(d) Took her dancing.
10. Why did Ji Li request to work somewhere for the summer?
(a) To be with An Yi.
(b) To be near her mother.
(c) To avoid the hearing for her father.
(d) To prove herself.
11. When did Fan Wen Chong come to visit?
(a) During Harvest season.
(b) During Summer break.
(c) During winter vacation.
(d) During the New Year celebration.
12. Where did Mom work?
(a) A school.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A store.
13. What did Ji Li do when she was injured?
(a) Finished working.
(b) Went home.
(c) Quit her job.
(d) Went to the hospital.
14. What was Ji Li most worried about when she stopped going to school all together?
(a) Grandma's nerves.
(b) Her father's illness.
(c) Her family's fate.
(d) An Yi's reputation.
15. Who told Ji Li that Dad had been cleared of his charges?
(a) Fan Wen Chong.
(d) Uncle Tian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a study session?
2. What made Ji Li mad when she heard the family was being interviewed?
3. What did Jin say about the students at the school meeting?
4. What kind of expedition did Jin want to create?
5. Who wanted to speak with Ji Li after she was cut from the Exhibition?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)