|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What class was Ji Li's father sent to at work?
(a) English studies.
(c) Political science.
2. What did the Jr. High teachers have to mix with education?
(a) Safety measures.
(b) Beurocratic dogma.
(c) Mao's history.
(d) Practical experience.
3. What did Ji Li ask Comrade Ma to help her do?
(a) Change her name.
(b) Get her a job.
(c) Release her father.
(d) Move her address.
4. What did Ji Li do when she was injured?
(a) Quit her job.
(b) Went home.
(c) Finished working.
(d) Went to the hospital.
5. Where did Ji Li request summer work?
(a) The school.
(b) The theater.
(c) The country.
(d) The factories.
6. What secret did Ji Li tell Lin Lin when she visited?
(a) Her father was being interrogated.
(b) Her mother was dying.
(c) Her mind was slowing.
(d) Her house was searched.
7. What did Ji Li do while Fan Wen Chong was helped?
(a) Boiled water.
(b) Went to sleep.
(c) Kept watch at the window.
(d) Ran to her room.
8. What happened to An Yi's mother every day at school when Ji Li stopped attending?
(a) She was harassed.
(b) She was beat.
(c) She was yelled at.
(d) All of these.
9. What did Comrade Ma call Ji Li's family?
10. Why was Ji Li sent to call Uncle Tian?
(a) To check on their well being.
(b) To invite them over for the Chinese New Year.
(c) To borrow some money/
(d) To see if he knew anything about Dad.
11. Why was Ji Li happy to not know anybody in her Jr. High class?
(a) She could share her secrets.
(b) They would know about her status.
(c) They hadn't seen the poster.
(d) She could pretned to be someone else.
12. Why was Ji Li told to work somewhere in the summer at her meeting?
(a) It would be better for her future.
(b) It would protect her family.
(c) It would change her feelings.
(d) It would stop the stories.
13. What was Ji Yun called at school?
(a) A communist.
(b) A black whelp.
(c) A bourgois.
(d) A needy orphan.
14. What was wrong with Fan Wen Chong when he came to visit?
(a) He was deaf in one ear.
(b) His face was all bloody.
(c) He was limping.
(d) His arm was in a sling.
15. What was An Yi most worried about while not attending school?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Ji Li.
(c) Her grandparents.
(d) The Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a story about the Jiangs say?
2. What was the Worker's Revolt?
3. What did Uncle Tian tell Ji Li on the phone?
4. What did Jin say to Ji Li after the Exhibition?
5. How did most people react to Ji Li's Exhibition presentation?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)