|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Ji Li blame for all her problems?
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandfather.
2. What did Comrade Ma call Ji Li's family?
3. How did Ji Li get injured in the summer?
(a) She banged her head.
(b) She smashed her finger.
(c) She cut her leg.
(d) She broke her wrist.
4. What charges were held against Dad?
(a) Listening to foreign radio.
(b) Creating anti-Mao art.
(c) Housing criminals.
(d) Writing propaganda.
5. Why was Ji Li sent back to Shang Hai in the summer?
(a) She needed a doctor for her injury.
(b) Her mother got sick.
(c) There were more study sessions.
(d) Her grandmother died.
6. What was not used in the Jr. High to teach the students?
(b) Chalk boards.
7. What class was Ji Li's father sent to at work?
(a) Political science.
(d) English studies.
8. Who was called into a study session after Ji Li's?
(a) Her uncles.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her siblings.
9. What did Uncle Tian tell Ji Li on the phone?
(a) They had not seen Dad.
(b) They would be happy ot help in any way.
(c) They already had New Year's plans.
(d) There was a problem at the meeting.
10. Where was Dad being kept?
(a) The Unit Service Station.
(b) A prison by the Propaganda Wall.
(c) The Children's Art Theater.
(d) The Shang Hai Museum.
11. Why did Ji Li stop going to school all together?
(a) Her family was implicated.
(b) She was needed at home.
(c) There were no teachers for her age.
(d) She was afraid of the Red Guard.
12. What did a story about the Jiangs say?
(a) They were planning to escape.
(b) They were land owners.
(c) They were a revolutionary family.
(d) They had lied to the Chairman.
13. What did An Yi's mother do for a living?
(a) Sold drugs.
(b) Painted portraits.
(c) Taught school.
(d) Cleaned houses.
14. What made Ji Li mad when she heard the family was being interviewed?
(a) Her father was still gone.
(b) Her mother cooperated.
(c) It would make her look bad at school.
(d) It was all based on lies.
15. Where did Mom work?
(a) A school.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ji Yun begin crying one day?
2. Who told Ji Li that Dad had been cleared of his charges?
3. Why was Ji Li happy to not know anybody in her Jr. High class?
4. Why did Ji Li request to work somewhere for the summer?
5. What did Dad refuse to do?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)