|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ji Li stop going to school all together?
(a) She was afraid of the Red Guard.
(b) There were no teachers for her age.
(c) Her family was implicated.
(d) She was needed at home.
2. Why was Ji Li sent to call Uncle Tian?
(a) To invite them over for the Chinese New Year.
(b) To borrow some money/
(c) To check on their well being.
(d) To see if he knew anything about Dad.
3. What did Ji Li ask Comrade Ma to help her do?
(a) Release her father.
(b) Get her a job.
(c) Change her name.
(d) Move her address.
4. Who did Ji Li stay close to on her first day in Jr. High?
(a) Ji Yung.
(b) An Yi.
(c) Lo Yon.
(d) Ji Yung.
5. What did Ji Li do to cheer up Ji Yun?
(a) Told her what to say next time.
(b) Gave her supplies.
(c) Promised to go back with her.
(d) Took her dancing.
6. What did An Yi's mother do for a living?
(a) Painted portraits.
(b) Sold drugs.
(c) Cleaned houses.
(d) Taught school.
7. What did Mom suffer from?
(b) Chronic pain.
(c) Meniere's disease.
(d) Lou Gherig's disease.
8. What was Jin's title?
9. What was Ji Li asked to do for her father?
(a) Write defense for him.
(b) Testify against him.
(c) Bring him clothes.
(d) Change her name.
10. What did Bai Shan want to do for Ji Li?
(a) Get her food and water.
(b) Take her to the doctor.
(c) Finish her quota.
(d) Wrap her leg.
11. What was Zhang Xin's occupation?
12. How many people were bullying Ji Yun?
13. How did Ji Li feel when she stopped going to school all together?
14. What class was Ji Li's father sent to at work?
(a) English studies.
(d) Political science.
15. Who did Ji Li visit while not attending school?
(a) An Yi.
(b) Jung Yi.
(c) Ji Lang.
(d) Jung Xi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mom work?
2. What was Ji Li's favorite thing about going to Jr. High?
3. What was Dad doing when Ji Li brought him clothes?
4. Why did Ji Yun begin crying one day?
5. What did Jin say about the students at the school meeting?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)