|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ji Li choose to prove herself amidst the bad rumors?
(a) By not showing up to the Exhibition.
(b) By doing a good job at the Exhibition.
(c) By ignoring anyone who mentions the rumors.
(d) By bringing her mother to the Exhibition.
2. What did Comrade Ma call Ji Li's family?
3. What was Ji Yun called at school?
(a) A bourgois.
(b) A needy orphan.
(c) A communist.
(d) A black whelp.
4. What did a story about the Jiangs say?
(a) They were a revolutionary family.
(b) They were planning to escape.
(c) They had lied to the Chairman.
(d) They were land owners.
5. Who did Ji Li visit while not attending school?
(a) Jung Yi.
(b) Jung Xi.
(c) An Yi.
(d) Ji Lang.
6. What did Jin say to Ji Li after the Exhibition?
(a) Her family was expected.
(b) She should have been there.
(c) She did well.
(d) Her presentation was the best htere.
7. What secret did Lin Lin tell Ji Li when she came to visit?
(a) Her father was being interrogated.
(b) Her mother was dying.
(c) Her mind was slowing.
(d) Her house was searched.
8. What did Zhang tell Ji Li to overcome?
(a) Her father's ideals.
(b) Her educational delays.
(c) Her family background.
(d) Her mind set.
9. What made Ji Li mad when she heard the family was being interviewed?
(a) It was all based on lies.
(b) It would make her look bad at school.
(c) Her father was still gone.
(d) Her mother cooperated.
10. What did Ji Li say she could choose for herself while speaking with Comrade Ma?
(a) Her future.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her title.
(d) Her class status.
11. How did Ji Li know Lin Lin?
(a) They went to school together.
(b) They were cousins.
(c) They were neighbors.
(d) They worked at the restaurant together.
12. Why did Ji Li start staying home from school in Jr. High?
(a) To avoid embarassment.
(b) To help her mother and Grandma.
(c) The school work was getting too hard.
(d) The school work was getting too easy.
13. What was Ji Li asked to do for her father?
(a) Testify against him.
(b) Change her name.
(c) Bring him clothes.
(d) Write defense for him.
14. How did most people react to Ji Li's Exhibition presentation?
(a) They cry.
(b) They get angry.
(c) They want to work harder.
(d) They are happy.
15. What made Ji Li nervous about the Class Education Exhibition?
(a) Being there with the boy she liked.
(b) Her mother's tears.
(c) The articles about her family.
(d) The fact that Mao would be there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was not used in the Jr. High to teach the students?
2. What was Dad doing when Ji Li brought him clothes?
3. What was a study session?
4. Where was Ji Li told to work for the summer in her meeting after the Exhibition?
5. What did Bai Shan want to do for Ji Li?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)