|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who went with Ji Li to hear Jia Hong-yu?
(a) An Yi.
(c) Ji Yung.
2. What did Six Fingers run?
(a) A Literary Club.
(b) A Neighborhood Dictatorship Group.
(c) An Underground Society.
(d) A Propaganda Printer.
3. What occupation did Ji Li's parents once hold?
4. What happened to Grandpa Hong's stall when classes were canceled?
(a) It was painted over.
(b) It was postered.
(c) It was destroyed.
(d) It was bankrupted.
5. What was never supposed to compromise political principles?
(a) Moral values.
(c) Past influences.
(d) Family relationships.
6. What caused Ji Li to take over the cooking in her house?
(a) An Yi moved away.
(b) Her grandmother got sick.
(c) Song Po-Po was fired.
(d) She came of age.
7. Where did Dad take meetings late at night?
(a) The office.
(b) The basement.
(c) The theater.
(d) The school.
8. Who disagreed with the New China campaign?
(a) Ji Li's mother.
(b) Grandpa Hong.
(c) Ji Li's grandmother.
(d) An Yi.
9. What were the schools in China supposed to be producing?
10. How was Grandmother taken to the clinic?
(a) They took a pedicab.
(b) They walked.
(c) They used a litter.
(d) They took the bus.
11. What did Grandma do to make her suspicious to the Red Guard?
(a) Took pictures off the Propaganda Wall.
(b) Married a land lord.
(c) Hoarded money.
(d) Wrote a rebel book.
12. How did Ji Yung try to break the sign?
(a) She shot it.
(b) She used a hammer.
(c) She kicked it.
(d) She stomped on it.
13. What did the mop on the balcony mean?
(a) Someone had died.
(b) It was safe to come home.
(c) There was danger ahead.
(d) Food was low.
14. Where was the Propaganda Wall placed?
(a) Behind the public offices.
(b) In front of the school.
(c) In the town square.
(d) At the end of the alley.
15. What was painted on the Propaganda Wall?
(a) A timeline of the old days.
(b) Posts about imposters.
(c) Statements from the Officials.
(d) A picture of Mao.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ji Li's family do what they did with old pictures?
2. Why did Dad decide to paint something in his house?
3. What did Ji Li rent from Grandpa Hong?
4. What did people use the Propaganda Wall to do?
5. How did Ji Li feel about being part of the New China campaign?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)