|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Dad take meetings late at night?
(a) The office.
(b) The basement.
(c) The school.
(d) The theater.
2. Why were school classes canceled?
(a) They were getting dangerous.
(b) Mao wanted a parade.
(c) Workers were needed in the mills.
(d) They were creating the wrong kind of students.
3. What did Ji Li's family do with old pictures?
(a) Burned them.
(b) Burried them.
(c) Sewed them into pillows.
(d) Ripped them apart.
4. What did the newspapers say the schools in China were producing?
5. What group was Ji Li selected to be a part of at the beginning of the book?
(a) A dance group.
(b) A spy group.
(c) A marching group.
(d) A courrier group.
6. How did Ji Li get inspiration for her assignment when classes were canceled?
(a) She read some books.
(b) She viewed some billboards.
(c) She looked at all the other creations.
(d) She asked her parents.
7. What picture hung on Ji Li's classroom wall at the beginning of the book?
(a) A portrait of Tang.
(b) A dragon.
(c) Chairman Mao.
(d) A photograph of the Great Wall.
8. How did Ji Yung try to break the sign?
(a) She kicked it.
(b) She used a hammer.
(c) She shot it.
(d) She stomped on it.
9. What occupation did Ji Li's parents once hold?
10. How long was Ji Li sick with a fever?
(a) 14 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 8 days.
11. What did Ji Li have a hard time thinking of when classes were canceled?
(a) Negative views of her teachers.
(b) Ways to enhance China.
(c) Ways to protect her grandmother.
(d) A salute to Mao.
12. What did the Red Guard want to borrow from the washboard man?
(a) A hammer.
(b) His car.
(c) A bike.
(d) His apartment.
13. How did Ji Li know An Yi?
(a) They were friends.
(b) They were neighbors.
(c) They were co-workers.
(d) They were cousins.
14. Where did Jia Hong-yu see the largest group of Red Guards?
(a) Shang Hai.
(b) Hong Kong.
15. What was the sign finally broken with?
(a) Machine guns.
(b) An axe.
(d) Flame throwers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dad decide to paint something in his house?
2. Where did Ji Li hide after turning down the chance to be part of a special group?
3. How did An Yi comfort Ji Li while she was sick with a fever?
4. Why did Dad send the children away when Tian was visiting?
5. How old was Ji Li when the Cultural Revolituion began?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)