|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did not let Ji Li watch search parties?
(a) Son Po-Po.
(c) An Yi.
2. What kind of clothes did Jiang Xi wear?
3. When was Ji Li born?
(a) All Hallow's Eve.
(b) The Cherry Blossom Festival.
(c) The Full Moon Harvest.
(d) Chinese New Year.
4. What did search parties look for after the posters went up?
(b) Food storage.
(c) Four Olds.
(d) Dynastic treasures.
5. How did Ji Li know An Yi?
(a) They were friends.
(b) They were cousins.
(c) They were co-workers.
(d) They were neighbors.
6. How did Ji Li feel about taking over the cooking in her house?
(a) She was confused.
(b) She was worried about it.
(c) She was annoyed by this.
(d) She was happy to do it.
7. Where did Ji Li hide after turning down the chance to be part of a special group?
(a) Behind a tree.
(b) Under the deck.
(c) In her room.
(d) In a cave.
8. What announced the search parties?
(a) Schedules placed on doors.
(b) Knockers on doors.
(c) Drums and Gongs.
(d) Loud speakers.
9. What did Ji Li learn about her parents when she was not allowed to be in a special group?
(a) They felt fear.
(b) They loved her.
(c) They were not perfect.
(d) They needed her.
10. What group was Ji Li selected to be a part of at the beginning of the book?
(a) A dance group.
(b) A courrier group.
(c) A spy group.
(d) A marching group.
11. How did Ji Li get inspiration for her assignment when classes were canceled?
(a) She asked her parents.
(b) She looked at all the other creations.
(c) She viewed some billboards.
(d) She read some books.
12. How was Grandmother taken to the clinic?
(a) They used a litter.
(b) They walked.
(c) They took a pedicab.
(d) They took the bus.
13. What was Ji Li most upset about while she was sick with a fever?
(a) Her brother joining the Army.
(b) The poster.
(c) Her confrontation with Jiang Xi.
(d) Grandpa Hogan's stall.
14. What did Ji Li have a hard time thinking of when classes were canceled?
(a) Ways to protect her grandmother.
(b) Negative views of her teachers.
(c) A salute to Mao.
(d) Ways to enhance China.
15. Why was Ji Li included in a poster?
(a) She was a favorite student.
(b) She didn't make any of her own posters.
(c) She was a bad student.
(d) She was related to a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ji Li happy about while she was sick with a fever?
2. Where did Dad send the children away when Tian was visiting?
3. Where was Ji Li supposed to post advertisements when classes were canceled?
4. What did the newspapers say the schools in China were producing?
5. Why did Ji Li's father not want her to be a part of the group she was selected for?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)