|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dad send the children away when Tian was visiting?
(a) So they could get some quiet time.
(b) So the adults could talk.
(c) So he could make plans.
(d) So dinner could be prepared.
2. How did Ji Li know An Yi?
(a) They were neighbors.
(b) They were cousins.
(c) They were co-workers.
(d) They were friends.
3. Why did Dad take Grandma on a picnic?
(a) To let her see her home.
(b) To hide her from the search.
(c) To help her relax.
(d) To get her outside.
4. How long was Ji Li sick with a fever?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 14 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 5 days.
5. How was Grandmother taken to the clinic?
(a) They walked.
(b) They took a pedicab.
(c) They took the bus.
(d) They used a litter.
6. How did Ji Li feel about taking over the cooking in her house?
(a) She was worried about it.
(b) She was happy to do it.
(c) She was confused.
(d) She was annoyed by this.
7. What made Ji Li lonely?
(a) Her father kept her locked up.
(b) Jiang Xi would not speak to her.
(c) An Yi was sent to live with her grandparents.
(d) Her friends no longer liked her.
8. What did search parties look for after the posters went up?
(a) Food storage.
(b) Four Olds.
(c) Dynastic treasures.
9. When was Ji Li born?
(a) Chinese New Year.
(b) All Hallow's Eve.
(c) The Full Moon Harvest.
(d) The Cherry Blossom Festival.
10. Who did not let Ji Li watch search parties?
(b) Son Po-Po.
(c) An Yi.
11. Where did Ji Li learn about the New China campaign?
(a) At school.
(b) In church.
(c) At home.
(d) In books.
12. How did Ji Yung try to break the sign?
(a) She shot it.
(b) She kicked it.
(c) She used a hammer.
(d) She stomped on it.
13. What did the Red Successors lecture Ji Li about?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her devotion to past teachers.
(c) Her family ties.
(d) Her class level.
14. What did Six Fingers run?
(a) An Underground Society.
(b) A Literary Club.
(c) A Neighborhood Dictatorship Group.
(d) A Propaganda Printer.
15. Where was the Propaganda Wall placed?
(a) In front of the school.
(b) At the end of the alley.
(c) In the town square.
(d) Behind the public offices.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tian speak with Dad on his visit?
2. What did Mom make a comforter out of?
3. What did the classes study when the school was re-opened?
4. What happened to Grandpa Hong's stall when classes were canceled?
5. What physical feat was Ji Li tested for at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)