|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the classes study when the school was re-opened?
(a) Mao documents.
(b) Old petitions.
(d) Chinese history.
2. What did Ji Li's family do with old pictures?
(a) Burned them.
(b) Burried them.
(c) Sewed them into pillows.
(d) Ripped them apart.
3. What Committee was over education when the schools re-opened?
4. Who did not let Ji Li watch search parties?
(a) Son Po-Po.
(c) An Yi.
5. How old was Ji Li when the Cultural Revolituion began?
6. What was painted on the Propaganda Wall?
(a) Posts about imposters.
(b) A picture of Mao.
(c) Statements from the Officials.
(d) A timeline of the old days.
7. Why did Ji Li's father not want her to be a part of the group she was selected for?
(a) There would be a background check on their family.
(b) There would be less money for their stipends.
(c) She would be taken away from the family.
(d) She would not be trained in mathematics.
8. How did Tian speak with Dad on his visit?
(a) In hushed tones.
(b) In quiet calm moments.
(c) In written notes.
(d) In angry spats.
9. Where was the Propaganda Wall placed?
(a) Behind the public offices.
(b) In front of the school.
(c) In the town square.
(d) At the end of the alley.
10. How did Ji Li know An Yi?
(a) They were co-workers.
(b) They were friends.
(c) They were neighbors.
(d) They were cousins.
11. What did Ji Li have a hard time thinking of when classes were canceled?
(a) Negative views of her teachers.
(b) Ways to protect her grandmother.
(c) A salute to Mao.
(d) Ways to enhance China.
12. How did Ji Li get inspiration for her assignment when classes were canceled?
(a) She asked her parents.
(b) She read some books.
(c) She looked at all the other creations.
(d) She viewed some billboards.
13. How did Ji Li feel about being part of the New China campaign?
14. Where did Jia Hong-yu see the largest group of Red Guards?
(a) Shang Hai.
(b) Hong Kong.
15. Where did Jia Hong-yu march?
(a) The countryside.
(b) Shang Hai.
(c) The Japanese front.
(d) The beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group was Ji Li selected to be a part of at the beginning of the book?
2. What did the Red Guard want to borrow from the washboard man?
3. Why did Dad decide to paint something in his house?
4. What announced the search parties?
5. How did An Yi comfort Ji Li while she was sick with a fever?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)