|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ji Li rent from Grandpa Hong?
2. Why did Dad take Grandma on a picnic?
(a) To hide her from the search.
(b) To let her see her home.
(c) To help her relax.
(d) To get her outside.
3. What did Ji Li mean?
4. What happened to Grandpa Hong's stall when classes were canceled?
(a) It was bankrupted.
(b) It was postered.
(c) It was destroyed.
(d) It was painted over.
5. What was Song Po-Po's occupation?
(c) Land lady.
6. What group was Ji Li selected to be a part of at the beginning of the book?
(a) A dance group.
(b) A spy group.
(c) A courrier group.
(d) A marching group.
7. What did the Red Successors lecture Ji Li about?
(a) Her class level.
(b) Her devotion to past teachers.
(c) Her friends.
(d) Her family ties.
8. How did Ji Li feel about being part of the New China campaign?
9. What did Six Fingers run?
(a) A Literary Club.
(b) An Underground Society.
(c) A Propaganda Printer.
(d) A Neighborhood Dictatorship Group.
10. What did Ji Li's family do with old pictures?
(a) Sewed them into pillows.
(b) Burned them.
(c) Burried them.
(d) Ripped them apart.
11. Where was Ji Li supposed to post advertisements when classes were canceled?
(a) Houses of the rich.
(b) Doors of the Army members.
(c) The school windows.
12. What were the students told to make when classes were canceled?
(a) Bomb shelters.
(c) Warm clothing.
(d) Storage units.
13. Where did Ji Li learn about the New China campaign?
(a) In church.
(b) At home.
(c) At school.
(d) In books.
14. Where did Jia Hong-yu march?
(a) The Japanese front.
(b) The beach.
(c) The countryside.
(d) Shang Hai.
15. How did An Yi comfort Ji Li while she was sick with a fever?
(a) Explained the new elections.
(b) Told her the poster would never be noticed.
(c) Told her about a boy who missed her.
(d) Brought home school work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ji Li learn about her parents when she was not allowed to be in a special group?
2. Why did Ji Li's family do what they did with old pictures?
3. Why did Dad send the children away when Tian was visiting?
4. What was wrong with the song at the beginning of the book?
5. How was Ji Li related to Tian?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)