|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Six Fingers' group do?
(a) Took over landowners.
(b) Wrote out propaganda.
(c) Investigated rumors to seek the truth.
(d) Turned names into the Black Category.
2. Why was Ji Li denied a place in the Red Successors?
(a) All of these?
(b) Her father was a rightist.
(c) Her grandfather was a landlord.
(d) She was of the wrong class level.
3. What did the Red Successors lecture Ji Li about?
(a) Her friends.
(b) Her family ties.
(c) Her class level.
(d) Her devotion to past teachers.
4. What physical feat was Ji Li tested for at the beginning of the book?
5. What caused Ji Li to take over the cooking in her house?
(a) Her grandmother got sick.
(b) An Yi moved away.
(c) She came of age.
(d) Song Po-Po was fired.
6. Why did Dad take Grandma on a picnic?
(a) To help her relax.
(b) To get her outside.
(c) To hide her from the search.
(d) To let her see her home.
7. What made it hard for Jia Hong-yu to march?
(a) She was so young.
(b) Her leaders didn't trust her.
(c) She looked like a man.
(d) Her parents forbade it.
8. Who did not let Ji Li watch search parties?
(b) An Yi.
(c) Son Po-Po.
9. Where did Jia Hong-yu see the largest group of Red Guards?
(b) Hong Kong.
(d) Shang Hai.
10. What announced the search parties?
(a) Knockers on doors.
(b) Loud speakers.
(c) Drums and Gongs.
(d) Schedules placed on doors.
11. What did Ji Li mean?
12. What did Ji Li rent from Grandpa Hong?
13. Where did Dad send the children away when Tian was visiting?
(a) To school.
(c) The Propaganda Wall.
14. What picture hung on Ji Li's classroom wall at the beginning of the book?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A portrait of Tang.
(c) Chairman Mao.
(d) A photograph of the Great Wall.
15. How did Ji Yung try to break the sign?
(a) She used a hammer.
(b) She kicked it.
(c) She stomped on it.
(d) She shot it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who disagreed with the New China campaign?
2. Where did Jia Hong-yu first see Mao?
3. What group was Ji Li selected to be a part of at the beginning of the book?
4. Where was the Propaganda Wall placed?
5. What happened to Grandpa Hong's stall when classes were canceled?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)