|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ji Yung doing when something was stolen from him?
(a) Catching crickets.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Painting a picture.
(d) Taking a walk.
2. How was Grandmother taken to the clinic?
(a) They walked.
(b) They took a pedicab.
(c) They took the bus.
(d) They used a litter.
3. Why did Ji Li's father not want her to be a part of the group she was selected for?
(a) There would be less money for their stipends.
(b) She would not be trained in mathematics.
(c) There would be a background check on their family.
(d) She would be taken away from the family.
4. Where was Ji Li supposed to post advertisements when classes were canceled?
(b) Houses of the rich.
(c) The school windows.
(d) Doors of the Army members.
5. What caused Ji Li to take over the cooking in her house?
(a) An Yi moved away.
(b) Her grandmother got sick.
(c) Song Po-Po was fired.
(d) She came of age.
6. How old was Ji Li when the Cultural Revolituion began?
7. Why did Dad decide to paint something in his house?
(a) So it would pass inspection.
(b) So it would make Grandmother happy.
(c) So it would match the decor.
(d) So it wouldn't be considered Four Old.
8. What physical feat was Ji Li tested for at the beginning of the book?
9. What Committee was over education when the schools re-opened?
10. What made Ji Li lonely?
(a) Her father kept her locked up.
(b) Her friends no longer liked her.
(c) An Yi was sent to live with her grandparents.
(d) Jiang Xi would not speak to her.
11. What did Mom make a comforter out of?
(a) Ancestor clothing.
(b) Bibs and rags.
(c) Baby diapers and scarves.
(d) Grandmother's blouses.
12. What was wrong with the song at the beginning of the book?
(a) The timing was off.
(b) The lyrics were strange.
(c) All of these.
(d) There were not enough boys.
13. Where did Dad send the children away when Tian was visiting?
(b) The Propaganda Wall.
(d) To school.
14. What did Ji Li say about Six Fingers?
(a) He was very cocky.
(b) He was very demanding.
(c) He was very powerful.
(d) He was very scary.
15. What was painted on the Propaganda Wall?
(a) Statements from the Officials.
(b) Posts about imposters.
(c) A timeline of the old days.
(d) A picture of Mao.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ji Li hide after turning down the chance to be part of a special group?
2. What happened to Grandpa Hong's stall when classes were canceled?
3. What was never supposed to compromise political principles?
4. What did people use the Propaganda Wall to do?
5. What did Ji Li do after being lectured by the Red Successors?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)