|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who disagreed with the New China campaign?
(a) An Yi.
(b) Grandpa Hong.
(c) Ji Li's grandmother.
(d) Ji Li's mother.
2. Who did not let Ji Li watch search parties?
(b) Son Po-Po.
(c) An Yi.
3. What made Ji Li lonely?
(a) An Yi was sent to live with her grandparents.
(b) Her father kept her locked up.
(c) Jiang Xi would not speak to her.
(d) Her friends no longer liked her.
4. Why was Ji Li denied a place in the Red Successors?
(a) She was of the wrong class level.
(b) Her grandfather was a landlord.
(c) All of these?
(d) Her father was a rightist.
5. Where was Ji Li supposed to post advertisements when classes were canceled?
(b) The school windows.
(c) Houses of the rich.
(d) Doors of the Army members.
6. Why did Dad take Grandma on a picnic?
(a) To hide her from the search.
(b) To get her outside.
(c) To let her see her home.
(d) To help her relax.
7. What caused Ji Li to take over the cooking in her house?
(a) An Yi moved away.
(b) She came of age.
(c) Her grandmother got sick.
(d) Song Po-Po was fired.
8. What did search parties look for after the posters went up?
(a) Four Olds.
(b) Dynastic treasures.
(d) Food storage.
9. What did Jiang Xi do that was shocking to Ji Li?
(a) Wore make up.
(b) Courted men.
(c) Worked outside the home.
(d) Spoke out against binding.
10. What was Long's occupation?
11. What did Six Fingers' group do?
(a) Investigated rumors to seek the truth.
(b) Took over landowners.
(c) Wrote out propaganda.
(d) Turned names into the Black Category.
12. What were the Red Successors?
(a) The young version of the Red Guard.
(b) The opposition to the Red Guard.
(c) The new teacher foundation.
(d) The female sector of the Red Guard.
13. What made it hard for Jia Hong-yu to march?
(a) She was so young.
(b) Her leaders didn't trust her.
(c) She looked like a man.
(d) Her parents forbade it.
14. What did the Red Guard want to borrow from the washboard man?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A bike.
(c) His car.
(d) His apartment.
15. Why were school classes canceled?
(a) Mao wanted a parade.
(b) They were creating the wrong kind of students.
(c) They were getting dangerous.
(d) Workers were needed in the mills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the classes study when the school was re-opened?
2. What did Ji Li and her classmates point out to each other?
3. How long was Ji Li sick with a fever?
4. What did Ji Li's family do with old pictures?
5. What was stolen from Ji Yung to get him in a fight?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)