|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of clothes did Jiang Xi wear?
2. Why did Ji Li's father not want her to be a part of the group she was selected for?
(a) There would be less money for their stipends.
(b) She would not be trained in mathematics.
(c) There would be a background check on their family.
(d) She would be taken away from the family.
3. Where did Jia Hong-yu first see Mao?
(a) The Japanese front.
(b) City Hall in Hong Kong.
(c) Tiannemen Square.
(d) Shang Hai.
4. What did Ji Li say about Six Fingers?
(a) He was very scary.
(b) He was very demanding.
(c) He was very cocky.
(d) He was very powerful.
5. What did Ji Li learn about her parents when she was not allowed to be in a special group?
(a) They were not perfect.
(b) They felt fear.
(c) They loved her.
(d) They needed her.
6. What physical feat was Ji Li tested for at the beginning of the book?
7. What was Song Po-Po's occupation?
(a) Land lady.
8. What did Ji Li's family do with old pictures?
(a) Ripped them apart.
(b) Sewed them into pillows.
(c) Burned them.
(d) Burried them.
9. How old was Ji Li when the Cultural Revolituion began?
10. How was Grandmother taken to the clinic?
(a) They used a litter.
(b) They took the bus.
(c) They took a pedicab.
(d) They walked.
11. What was Ji Li most upset about while she was sick with a fever?
(a) The poster.
(b) Her brother joining the Army.
(c) Grandpa Hogan's stall.
(d) Her confrontation with Jiang Xi.
12. Where did Ji Li go to watch the sign being broken down?
(a) Nappa Lane.
(b) Nanhong Corridor.
(c) Nanjing Street.
(d) Nallbelow Road.
13. What were the schools in China supposed to be producing?
14. What happened to Grandpa Hong's stall when classes were canceled?
(a) It was postered.
(b) It was destroyed.
(c) It was painted over.
(d) It was bankrupted.
15. What announced the search parties?
(a) Knockers on doors.
(b) Drums and Gongs.
(c) Schedules placed on doors.
(d) Loud speakers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ji Li know An Yi?
2. What did the mop on the balcony mean?
3. Where was Ji Li supposed to post advertisements when classes were canceled?
4. What did the Red Guard want to borrow from the washboard man?
5. What did Ji Li have a hard time thinking of when classes were canceled?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)