|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was a sign being broken according to An Yi?
(a) The Great Prosperity Market.
(b) The Army Headquarters.
(c) The Down Town Liquor Store.
(d) The Liberation Academy.
2. Where did Ji Li hide after turning down the chance to be part of a special group?
(a) Under the deck.
(b) In a cave.
(c) Behind a tree.
(d) In her room.
3. Why did Dad take Grandma on a picnic?
(a) To hide her from the search.
(b) To let her see her home.
(c) To get her outside.
(d) To help her relax.
4. What did Ji Li and her classmates point out to each other?
(a) Red Army members.
(c) Four Olds.
5. Where did Ji Li learn about the New China campaign?
(a) In books.
(b) At school.
(c) In church.
(d) At home.
6. Where did Dad take the children on a picnic?
(a) An empty lot.
(b) The country.
(c) The school yard.
(d) A park.
7. Why were school classes canceled?
(a) Workers were needed in the mills.
(b) They were creating the wrong kind of students.
(c) Mao wanted a parade.
(d) They were getting dangerous.
8. What did Grandma do to make her suspicious to the Red Guard?
(a) Took pictures off the Propaganda Wall.
(b) Hoarded money.
(c) Wrote a rebel book.
(d) Married a land lord.
9. What was the New China campaign trying to stomp out?
(a) The Japanese influences.
(b) The dynastic ideas.
(c) The old ways.
(d) All of these.
10. How did Ji Li feel about taking over the cooking in her house?
(a) She was worried about it.
(b) She was confused.
(c) She was annoyed by this.
(d) She was happy to do it.
11. What was the sign finally broken with?
(a) An axe.
(b) Machine guns.
(d) Flame throwers.
12. What were the students told to make when classes were canceled?
(a) Bomb shelters.
(b) Warm clothing.
(c) Storage units.
13. Where did Jia Hong-yu first see Mao?
(a) The Japanese front.
(b) City Hall in Hong Kong.
(c) Shang Hai.
(d) Tiannemen Square.
14. What was Ji Li most upset about while she was sick with a fever?
(a) The poster.
(b) Her brother joining the Army.
(c) Grandpa Hogan's stall.
(d) Her confrontation with Jiang Xi.
15. What did Six Fingers run?
(a) A Propaganda Printer.
(b) An Underground Society.
(c) A Neighborhood Dictatorship Group.
(d) A Literary Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Ji Li when the Cultural Revolituion began?
2. What was painted on the Propaganda Wall?
3. What Committee was over education when the schools re-opened?
4. Where did Dad take meetings late at night?
5. What kind of clothes did Jiang Xi wear?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)