|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did not let Ji Li watch search parties?
(a) An Yi.
(c) Son Po-Po.
2. How did Ji Li feel about taking over the cooking in her house?
(a) She was worried about it.
(b) She was happy to do it.
(c) She was confused.
(d) She was annoyed by this.
3. What did the mop on the balcony mean?
(a) Someone had died.
(b) Food was low.
(c) There was danger ahead.
(d) It was safe to come home.
4. What Committee was over education when the schools re-opened?
5. What did Song Po-Po try to do while Ji Li was sick with a fever?
(a) Cheer her up.
(b) Make her well.
(c) Get new papers.
(d) Change her ideas.
6. How did Ji Li know An Yi?
(a) They were friends.
(b) They were neighbors.
(c) They were co-workers.
(d) They were cousins.
7. What made Ji Li lonely?
(a) Jiang Xi would not speak to her.
(b) An Yi was sent to live with her grandparents.
(c) Her friends no longer liked her.
(d) Her father kept her locked up.
8. How old was Ji Li when the Cultural Revolituion began?
9. Why was Ji Li denied a place in the Red Successors?
(a) Her father was a rightist.
(b) Her grandfather was a landlord.
(c) She was of the wrong class level.
(d) All of these?
10. What kind of clothes did Jiang Xi wear?
11. What did Ji Li rent from Grandpa Hong?
12. How did Ji Li respond when she heard someone who disagreed with the New China campaign?
13. What did people use the Propaganda Wall to do?
(a) Turn in law breakers,
(b) Learn about new laws.
(c) Send messages.
(d) Confess their guilt.
14. What did Ji Li have a hard time thinking of when classes were canceled?
(a) A salute to Mao.
(b) Ways to protect her grandmother.
(c) Negative views of her teachers.
(d) Ways to enhance China.
15. Who went with Ji Li to hear Jia Hong-yu?
(b) An Yi.
(c) Ji Yung.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Ji Li related to Tian?
2. What was Long's occupation?
3. What did the classes study when the school was re-opened?
4. What was Song Po-Po's occupation?
5. What did the newspapers say the schools in China were producing?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)