|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ji Li happy about while she was sick with a fever?
(a) She got to be with her mother.
(b) She got to miss school.
(c) She got sleep.
(d) She didn't have to petition.
2. Where did Dad take the children on a picnic?
(a) An empty lot.
(b) The school yard.
(c) A park.
(d) The country.
3. What picture hung on Ji Li's classroom wall at the beginning of the book?
(a) A dragon.
(b) Chairman Mao.
(c) A portrait of Tang.
(d) A photograph of the Great Wall.
4. How did Ji Li know An Yi?
(a) They were co-workers.
(b) They were cousins.
(c) They were neighbors.
(d) They were friends.
5. What Committee was over education when the schools re-opened?
6. What did the Red Successors lecture Ji Li about?
(a) Her devotion to past teachers.
(b) Her class level.
(c) Her family ties.
(d) Her friends.
7. Where did Jia Hong-yu first see Mao?
(a) City Hall in Hong Kong.
(b) Tiannemen Square.
(c) The Japanese front.
(d) Shang Hai.
8. Where did Ji Li hide after turning down the chance to be part of a special group?
(a) In her room.
(b) Behind a tree.
(c) In a cave.
(d) Under the deck.
9. Why did Dad take Grandma on a picnic?
(a) To get her outside.
(b) To help her relax.
(c) To hide her from the search.
(d) To let her see her home.
10. What made Ji Li lonely?
(a) Her friends no longer liked her.
(b) Jiang Xi would not speak to her.
(c) Her father kept her locked up.
(d) An Yi was sent to live with her grandparents.
11. What did Ji Li rent from Grandpa Hong?
12. What was wrong with the song at the beginning of the book?
(a) There were not enough boys.
(b) All of these.
(c) The lyrics were strange.
(d) The timing was off.
13. What did Ji Li's family do with old pictures?
(a) Burned them.
(b) Sewed them into pillows.
(c) Burried them.
(d) Ripped them apart.
14. How old was Ji Li when the Cultural Revolituion began?
15. How did Ji Li feel about being part of the New China campaign?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jiang Xi do that was shocking to Ji Li?
2. Where did Ji Li go to watch the sign being broken down?
3. Who disagreed with the New China campaign?
4. What did the classes study when the school was re-opened?
5. What were the Red Successors?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)