|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who went with Ji Li to hear Jia Hong-yu?
(b) Ji Yung.
(d) An Yi.
2. Why did Ji Li's father not want her to be a part of the group she was selected for?
(a) There would be a background check on their family.
(b) She would not be trained in mathematics.
(c) She would be taken away from the family.
(d) There would be less money for their stipends.
3. Where was Ji Li supposed to post advertisements when classes were canceled?
(b) Houses of the rich.
(c) The school windows.
(d) Doors of the Army members.
4. What Committee was over education when the schools re-opened?
5. Where did Dad take the children on a picnic?
(a) The school yard.
(b) A park.
(c) The country.
(d) An empty lot.
6. What was the New China campaign trying to stomp out?
(a) The old ways.
(b) All of these.
(c) The Japanese influences.
(d) The dynastic ideas.
7. How did An Yi comfort Ji Li while she was sick with a fever?
(a) Told her the poster would never be noticed.
(b) Told her about a boy who missed her.
(c) Brought home school work.
(d) Explained the new elections.
8. What was painted on the Propaganda Wall?
(a) Statements from the Officials.
(b) A picture of Mao.
(c) A timeline of the old days.
(d) Posts about imposters.
9. What was wrong with the song at the beginning of the book?
(a) The timing was off.
(b) All of these.
(c) There were not enough boys.
(d) The lyrics were strange.
10. How long was Ji Li sick with a fever?
(a) 14 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 8 days.
11. What was Ji Li most upset about while she was sick with a fever?
(a) Her brother joining the Army.
(b) The poster.
(c) Grandpa Hogan's stall.
(d) Her confrontation with Jiang Xi.
12. Where was a sign being broken according to An Yi?
(a) The Army Headquarters.
(b) The Liberation Academy.
(c) The Great Prosperity Market.
(d) The Down Town Liquor Store.
13. Where did Ji Li hide after turning down the chance to be part of a special group?
(a) Behind a tree.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In her room.
(d) Under the deck.
14. Where did Jia Hong-yu see the largest group of Red Guards?
(b) Shang Hai.
(c) Hong Kong.
15. What occupation did Ji Li's parents once hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Red Successors lecture Ji Li about?
2. What was Song Po-Po's occupation?
3. What did Ji Li say about Six Fingers?
4. What did Ji Li have a hard time thinking of when classes were canceled?
5. Where did Jia Hong-yu first see Mao?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)