|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Ji Li lonely?
(a) Her father kept her locked up.
(b) Her friends no longer liked her.
(c) Jiang Xi would not speak to her.
(d) An Yi was sent to live with her grandparents.
2. Why did Dad take Grandma on a picnic?
(a) To hide her from the search.
(b) To let her see her home.
(c) To help her relax.
(d) To get her outside.
3. Where was Ji Li supposed to post advertisements when classes were canceled?
(a) Doors of the Army members.
(b) Houses of the rich.
(c) The school windows.
4. What was stolen from Ji Yung to get him in a fight?
(a) An instrument.
(b) A book.
(c) His cap.
(d) His canvas.
5. How did Ji Li respond when she heard someone who disagreed with the New China campaign?
6. What made it hard for Jia Hong-yu to march?
(a) Her leaders didn't trust her.
(b) She was so young.
(c) She looked like a man.
(d) Her parents forbade it.
7. What did Ji Li do after being lectured by the Red Successors?
(b) Spit at them.
(c) Read a book.
(d) Listened intently.
8. Where did Jia Hong-yu march?
(a) Shang Hai.
(b) The countryside.
(c) The beach.
(d) The Japanese front.
9. What did Jiang Xi do that was shocking to Ji Li?
(a) Worked outside the home.
(b) Wore make up.
(c) Courted men.
(d) Spoke out against binding.
10. What was Ji Li most upset about while she was sick with a fever?
(a) Her brother joining the Army.
(b) Grandpa Hogan's stall.
(c) Her confrontation with Jiang Xi.
(d) The poster.
11. What did Six Fingers' group do?
(a) Investigated rumors to seek the truth.
(b) Wrote out propaganda.
(c) Took over landowners.
(d) Turned names into the Black Category.
12. What happened to Grandpa Hong's stall when classes were canceled?
(a) It was destroyed.
(b) It was bankrupted.
(c) It was postered.
(d) It was painted over.
13. Who did not let Ji Li watch search parties?
(b) Son Po-Po.
(c) An Yi.
14. What did people use the Propaganda Wall to do?
(a) Confess their guilt.
(b) Learn about new laws.
(c) Turn in law breakers,
(d) Send messages.
15. Where did Dad take the children on a picnic?
(a) The country.
(b) The school yard.
(c) An empty lot.
(d) A park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who went with Ji Li to hear Jia Hong-yu?
2. What were the schools in China supposed to be producing?
3. What was never supposed to compromise political principles?
4. How old was Ji Li when the Cultural Revolituion began?
5. Why was Ji Li included in a poster?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)