|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ji Li feel about being part of the New China campaign?
2. How did Ji Li get inspiration for her assignment when classes were canceled?
(a) She read some books.
(b) She viewed some billboards.
(c) She asked her parents.
(d) She looked at all the other creations.
3. Why was Ji Li included in a poster?
(a) She was a bad student.
(b) She didn't make any of her own posters.
(c) She was a favorite student.
(d) She was related to a teacher.
4. What did Ji Li mean?
5. What did Six Fingers' group do?
(a) Took over landowners.
(b) Wrote out propaganda.
(c) Investigated rumors to seek the truth.
(d) Turned names into the Black Category.
6. What did Six Fingers run?
(a) A Neighborhood Dictatorship Group.
(b) A Propaganda Printer.
(c) An Underground Society.
(d) A Literary Club.
7. What did the newspapers say the schools in China were producing?
8. What did Grandma do to make her suspicious to the Red Guard?
(a) Took pictures off the Propaganda Wall.
(b) Hoarded money.
(c) Wrote a rebel book.
(d) Married a land lord.
9. How did Ji Li respond when she heard someone who disagreed with the New China campaign?
10. What did the mop on the balcony mean?
(a) It was safe to come home.
(b) Someone had died.
(c) There was danger ahead.
(d) Food was low.
11. What were the students told to make when classes were canceled?
(b) Storage units.
(c) Warm clothing.
(d) Bomb shelters.
12. What did Jiang Xi do that was shocking to Ji Li?
(a) Worked outside the home.
(b) Courted men.
(c) Wore make up.
(d) Spoke out against binding.
13. Why did Dad send the children away when Tian was visiting?
(a) So they could get some quiet time.
(b) So the adults could talk.
(c) So he could make plans.
(d) So dinner could be prepared.
14. Why did Ji Li's family do what they did with old pictures?
(a) They were bad evidence.
(b) They wanted to preserve the past.
(c) They were Four Olds.
(d) They were tired of the connections.
15. Who did not let Ji Li watch search parties?
(a) An Yi.
(d) Son Po-Po.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who went with Ji Li to hear Jia Hong-yu?
2. What occupation did Ji Li's parents once hold?
3. Why were school classes canceled?
4. What did people use the Propaganda Wall to do?
5. What caused Ji Li to take over the cooking in her house?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)