|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the mop on the balcony mean?
(a) It was safe to come home.
(b) Food was low.
(c) Someone had died.
(d) There was danger ahead.
2. Where did Dad take the children on a picnic?
(a) A park.
(b) The country.
(c) An empty lot.
(d) The school yard.
3. Where was a sign being broken according to An Yi?
(a) The Liberation Academy.
(b) The Down Town Liquor Store.
(c) The Great Prosperity Market.
(d) The Army Headquarters.
4. What was wrong with the song at the beginning of the book?
(a) All of these.
(b) There were not enough boys.
(c) The timing was off.
(d) The lyrics were strange.
5. Where did Ji Li learn about the New China campaign?
(a) In books.
(b) At home.
(c) At school.
(d) In church.
6. What was Ji Li happy about while she was sick with a fever?
(a) She got sleep.
(b) She got to be with her mother.
(c) She didn't have to petition.
(d) She got to miss school.
7. What was stolen from Ji Yung to get him in a fight?
(a) A book.
(b) His canvas.
(c) An instrument.
(d) His cap.
8. Where did Ji Li hide after turning down the chance to be part of a special group?
(a) Behind a tree.
(b) In a cave.
(c) Under the deck.
(d) In her room.
9. What did the Red Successors lecture Ji Li about?
(a) Her class level.
(b) Her devotion to past teachers.
(c) Her family ties.
(d) Her friends.
10. What were the Red Successors?
(a) The opposition to the Red Guard.
(b) The female sector of the Red Guard.
(c) The new teacher foundation.
(d) The young version of the Red Guard.
11. What made it hard for Jia Hong-yu to march?
(a) Her parents forbade it.
(b) She was so young.
(c) Her leaders didn't trust her.
(d) She looked like a man.
12. Where did Jia Hong-yu see the largest group of Red Guards?
(b) Hong Kong.
(c) Shang Hai.
13. What did Six Fingers run?
(a) A Neighborhood Dictatorship Group.
(b) A Propaganda Printer.
(c) A Literary Club.
(d) An Underground Society.
14. Where did Ji Li go to watch the sign being broken down?
(a) Nappa Lane.
(b) Nanjing Street.
(c) Nallbelow Road.
(d) Nanhong Corridor.
15. Where did Dad send the children away when Tian was visiting?
(b) The Propaganda Wall.
(c) To school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ji Li's father not want her to be a part of the group she was selected for?
2. How did An Yi comfort Ji Li while she was sick with a fever?
3. What did Ji Li and her classmates point out to each other?
4. What picture hung on Ji Li's classroom wall at the beginning of the book?
5. How did Ji Li respond when she heard someone who disagreed with the New China campaign?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)