|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Ji Li denied a place in the Red Successors?
(a) Her grandfather was a landlord.
(b) Her father was a rightist.
(c) She was of the wrong class level.
(d) All of these?
2. Why did Ji Li's father not want her to be a part of the group she was selected for?
(a) There would be less money for their stipends.
(b) She would not be trained in mathematics.
(c) There would be a background check on their family.
(d) She would be taken away from the family.
3. What did Mom make a comforter out of?
(a) Bibs and rags.
(b) Ancestor clothing.
(c) Grandmother's blouses.
(d) Baby diapers and scarves.
4. How long was Ji Li sick with a fever?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 14 days.
5. What were the students told to make when classes were canceled?
(a) Bomb shelters.
(c) Warm clothing.
(d) Storage units.
6. What made Ji Li lonely?
(a) Jiang Xi would not speak to her.
(b) An Yi was sent to live with her grandparents.
(c) Her friends no longer liked her.
(d) Her father kept her locked up.
7. What was stolen from Ji Yung to get him in a fight?
(a) His cap.
(b) His canvas.
(c) A book.
(d) An instrument.
8. What did Six Fingers' group do?
(a) Turned names into the Black Category.
(b) Took over landowners.
(c) Investigated rumors to seek the truth.
(d) Wrote out propaganda.
9. Where did Dad take meetings late at night?
(a) The office.
(b) The basement.
(c) The theater.
(d) The school.
10. Who went with Ji Li to hear Jia Hong-yu?
(b) An Yi.
(d) Ji Yung.
11. Why were school classes canceled?
(a) They were getting dangerous.
(b) They were creating the wrong kind of students.
(c) Mao wanted a parade.
(d) Workers were needed in the mills.
12. What did Ji Li have a hard time thinking of when classes were canceled?
(a) Ways to enhance China.
(b) A salute to Mao.
(c) Ways to protect her grandmother.
(d) Negative views of her teachers.
13. How old was Ji Li when the Cultural Revolituion began?
14. How did Ji Yung try to break the sign?
(a) She kicked it.
(b) She used a hammer.
(c) She shot it.
(d) She stomped on it.
15. Why did Ji Li's family do what they did with old pictures?
(a) They were Four Olds.
(b) They were tired of the connections.
(c) They were bad evidence.
(d) They wanted to preserve the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical feat was Ji Li tested for at the beginning of the book?
2. What Committee was over education when the schools re-opened?
3. What did Ji Li's father once do that made him looked down on?
4. What was Song Po-Po's occupation?
5. Where was a sign being broken according to An Yi?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)