Prologue, The Liberation Army Dancer, pgs. 1-18
• Ji Li meant lucky and beautiful. She was born on the Chinese New Year and her parents wanted her to be the happiest girl in the world.
• She was 12 when she was given the chance to audition for a dance group with the Liberation.
• Her father asked her not to audition as they would have an investigation on their family that they could not pass.
• Ji Li was shocked by this as she always thought her parents were perfect and that she could do whatever she wanted. She hid behind a tree and cried.
• Ji Li lived in a large building with many of her family members. They held salons on Sundays that were highly attended.
• The other three students failed their dance auditions.
• After this event, Ji Li becomes sad and withdrawn as if the timbre of her world has...
This section contains 2,090 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)