|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, who does Julian say is a danger to Mare?
2. In Chapter 23, to what age is conscription lowered?
3. In Chapter 20, how many steel doors does Lucas lead Mare through as he leads her to safety?
4. How many Red soldiers were killed that had the same marker in their blood that Mare has?
5. In Chapter 14, how much bigger is Cal's room in the palace than Mare's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mare want to scream when Belicos Lerolan greets her in the receiving line in Chapter 19?
2. How do Mare and Kilorn part at the end of Chapter 21?
3. What are common Silvers and where do they live?
4. What does Sara Skonos look like in Chapter 17?
5. What does Mare want Julian to do in Chapter 21?
6. What did Cal say about Sara Skonos in Chapter 18?
7. What does Julian tell Mare that he will be doing in Chapter 22?
8. What members of the Scarlet Guard are captured in Chapter 20, and what is the condition of each one?
9. What is Mare's responsibility during the attack in Chapter 20, and how does she accomplish her task?
10. What is the room like where Julian teaches Mare?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Before Mare’s ability is discovered, she sees the world as black and white. Why does Mare come to realize that the world is not just black and white? What does she decide the world actually is and why?
Essay Topic 2
Cal takes his role as future king very seriously. Why does he tell Mare that he does not have the luxury of being selfish and putting his own needs and wants first?
Essay Topic 3
The king and queen decide to have Mare pass as a Silver. Why do the king and queen believe that Mare posing as a Silver can make Reds less inclined to join the rebellion?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)