|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, who does Julian say is a danger to Mare?
2. What is the Iral home made of?
3. From what house is the Training instructor in Chapter 15?
4. How many Red soldiers were killed that had the same marker in their blood that Mare has?
5. What is the name of the Sentinel who tortured Farley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Evangeline create to fight Mare in Chapter 17?
2. Who is the instructor for Training?
3. In Chapter 22, what does Maven say caused the explosion in the ballroom on the night of the attack of the Scarlet Guard?
4. What does Julian tell Mare that he will be doing in Chapter 22?
5. What does Mare want Julian to do in Chapter 21?
6. What does Mare learn about her brother, Shade's, death?
7. What does Cal use to take Mare to her family, and what does it look like?
8. Why is it safe for Farley to take Mare and Maven to the City of Ruins?
9. What did Cal say about Sara Skonos in Chapter 18?
10. What members of the Scarlet Guard are captured in Chapter 20, and what is the condition of each one?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, some characters are more thoroughly described than others. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
Essay Topic 2
There are various settings in the novel. How do the settings change and how do the various settings evoke mood in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Norta is a land divided between two classes of society. How is Norta segregated and how does segregation affect life in Norta?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)