|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many shots ring out at the end of Chapter 19?
2. What are the colors of Lerolan, oblivions?
3. What color are Maven's eyes?
4. In Chapter 17, when Cal discusses the maneuvers he has planned for the Silver legion, who does he say inspired the idea?
5. Where does Farley have a scar in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mare want Julian to do in Chapter 21?
2. What are common Silvers and where do they live?
3. How does Mare describe paintings she views with Maven in Chapter 24?
4. What members of the Scarlet Guard are captured in Chapter 20, and what is the condition of each one?
5. How does Cal rearrange Mare's sitting room to teach her to dance in Chapter 18?
6. What does Cal use to take Mare to her family, and what does it look like?
7. What is the room like where Julian teaches Mare?
8. According to Julian, what is the difference between power and ability for a Silver?
9. What does Sara Skonos look like in Chapter 17?
10. What does Mare see in the mirror in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, some characters are more thoroughly described than others. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
Essay Topic 2
Cal takes his role as future king very seriously. Why does he tell Mare that he does not have the luxury of being selfish and putting his own needs and wants first?
Essay Topic 3
Red Queen is a fantasy novel. Why is it a fantasy, rather than science fiction?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)