|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, who is the only person who seems warm and kind as he greets Mare?
2. What colors does Queen Elara wear in Chapter 19?
3. How many Red soldiers were killed that had the same marker in their blood that Mare has?
4. How old was Cal when his mother died?
5. In Chapter 23, what time is curfew set for the Reds?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 15, how does Farley get a message to Mare?
2. Who is the instructor for Training?
3. How does Mare describe paintings she views with Maven in Chapter 24?
4. In Chapter 22, what does Maven say caused the explosion in the ballroom on the night of the attack of the Scarlet Guard?
5. How do Mare and Kilorn part at the end of Chapter 21?
6. What does Julian tell Mare that he will be doing in Chapter 22?
7. According to Julian, what is the difference between power and ability for a Silver?
8. What did Cal say about Sara Skonos in Chapter 18?
9. Why does Mare want to scream when Belicos Lerolan greets her in the receiving line in Chapter 19?
10. What is Mare's responsibility during the attack in Chapter 20, and how does she accomplish her task?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mare has preconceived ideas about Silvers, and she is very prejudiced against them. How are Mare, other Reds, and Silver prejudiced? How does this prejudice affect the way that the different classes treat one another?
Essay Topic 2
Toward the end of the novel, Mare is given an earring by Kilorn. What earrings is Mare already wearing? Why does Kilorn give her another earring? What do the earrings symbolize to Mare and why?
Essay Topic 3
Queenstrial is an example of the rivalry that exists between Silvers. What role does rivalry play in Silver society? What role does rivalry play in the novel?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)