|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Queen Elara's power?
2. In Chapter 3, what color is Farley's hair?
3. How many pots of makeup are used in Chapter 9 and applied to Mare's skin?
4. What colors does the queen wear in Chapter 6?
5. What month is it in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mare realize about the crown prince at the end of Chapter 6?
2. Why did Mare remember things from her past in Chapter 8?
3. What news does Mare hear when she is in Summerton?
4. What does Maven tell Mare aboute Lord Samos?
5. In Chapter 4, what security does Mare notice when she is in Summerton?
6. How does Lord Provos rearrange the Spiral Garden in Chapter 7?
7. What is used to transport Mare and her guards from the royal apartments to the ballroom, and what does Mare think of that means of transportation?
8. What does Evangline say and do to Mare after Evangeline becomes betrothed to Cal?
9. What did Mare's brothers give her and Gisa before they went to war?
10. What view does Mare's family have from their house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Before Mare’s ability is discovered, she sees the world as black and white. Why does Mare come to realize that the world is not just black and white? What does she decide the world actually is and why?
Essay Topic 2
Mare has preconceived ideas about Silvers, and she is very prejudiced against them. How are Mare, other Reds, and Silver prejudiced? How does this prejudice affect the way that the different classes treat one another?
Essay Topic 3
Norta has been experiencing war for 100 years. Why is there a war, and how does the war affect the citizens of Norta, especially the Reds?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)