|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how old is Cal?
2. What color dress does Mare wear at the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. In Chapter 2, what did Mare's mother use that Mare stole to season the food she serves?
4. What color is the transport that takes Mare to Summerton in Chapter 6?
5. How old was Mare when her first brother went to war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does the royal family make up to explain Mare?
2. What does Maven tell Mare aboute Lord Samos?
3. What happens when Mare falls in Chapter 7?
4. What happens to Reds when they turn 18 if they do not have a job?
5. What news does Mare hear when she is in Summerton?
6. Why is Kilorn going to be conscripted at the end of Chapter 2?
7. What does Mare say about the war at the beginning of Chapter 3?
8. What is used to transport Mare and her guards from the royal apartments to the ballroom, and what does Mare think of that means of transportation?
9. Why did Mare remember things from her past in Chapter 8?
10. Why does Cal say that Mare is like Maven?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mare at first thinks a revolution needs to be violent to cause effective change. How do Mare’s views about revolution change and why do her views change?
Essay Topic 2
Before Mare’s ability is discovered, she sees the world as black and white. Why does Mare come to realize that the world is not just black and white? What does she decide the world actually is and why?
Essay Topic 3
Red Queen is a coming of age story. How does Mare grow and mature and come of age in the novel?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)