|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall is the Hall of the Sun?
2. How late does Lucas tell Mare she is when she leaves her room for breakfast in Chapter 12?
3. In Chapter 3, what color is Farley's hair?
4. What is the season at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What is Lord Provos' power?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maven tell Mare aboute Lord Samos?
2. What does Gisa do?
3. What view does Mare's family have from their house?
4. What did Mare's brothers give her and Gisa before they went to war?
5. What does Mare look like when the Red maids finish with her in Chapter 9?
6. What happens when Mare tries to pick one last pocket in Chapter 5?
7. Why and how does Mare's father get down from the house in Chapter 5?
8. What happens to Reds when they turn 18 if they do not have a job?
9. What does Evangline say and do to Mare after Evangeline becomes betrothed to Cal?
10. Who comes to the Barrows' home at dawn in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mare’s power is different from the abilities that Silvers have. She actually creates power. How does Mare’s ability to wield and create lightning symbolize her desire to be productive and do something important?
Essay Topic 2
Red Queen is a coming of age story. How does Mare grow and mature and come of age in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Mare at first thinks a revolution needs to be violent to cause effective change. How do Mare’s views about revolution change and why do her views change?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)