|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ability of Heron of House Welle?
2. How does Kilorn signal Mare at the end of Chapter 2?
3. What does Queen Elara wear at the end of Chapter 9?
4. What color is Gisa's hair?
5. What is the name of the strongarm who fights in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mare say about the war at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. What does Maven tell Mare aboute Lord Samos?
3. Why and how does Mare's father get down from the house in Chapter 5?
4. What news does Mare hear when she is in Summerton?
5. What happens when Mare falls in Chapter 7?
6. What does Gisa do?
7. Who comes to the Barrows' home at dawn in Chapter 6?
8. What happens to Reds when they turn 18 if they do not have a job?
9. In Chapter 4, what security does Mare notice when she is in Summerton?
10. What story does the royal family make up to explain Mare?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are conflicting views about how a revolution should occur. What do various groups and people think a revolution should be and how do their beliefs affect their actions?
Essay Topic 2
Red Queen is a coming of age story. How does Mare grow and mature and come of age in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
In the novel, some characters are more thoroughly described than others. Who are some characters that are merely named in passing or have a minor role in the novel? What is the importance of these flat characters to the story line? In what way do these characters make the main characters more colorful or interesting? When there is conflict, what type of role do these flat characters play?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)