|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 23, what is the gift that Julian sent to Mare?
(a) A letter.
(b) Gold ring.
(c) Map and a book.
(d) Silver ring.
2. How old was Maven when he was sent to the war front?
3. In Chapter 22, what color flags fly from the king's boat?
(a) Silver, red, and blue.
(b) Black, white, and red.
(c) Black and silver.
(d) Black, silver, and red.
4. In Chapter 24, how old is the child that gives Mare a note?
(b) About 12.
(c) Probably 10.
5. On what river is Mare's village, Stilts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Archeon is for civilians?
2. In Chapter 14, how long has it been since Mare has seen her family?
3. What color are Maven's eyes?
4. In Chapter 23, what time is curfew set for the Reds?
5. What is the Iral home made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What members of the Scarlet Guard are captured in Chapter 20, and what is the condition of each one?
2. What does Cal use to take Mare to her family, and what does it look like?
3. What does Mare learn about her brother, Shade's, death?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 15, how does Farley get a message to Mare?
5. What does Mare want Julian to do in Chapter 21?
6. What is Mare's responsibility during the attack in Chapter 20, and how does she accomplish her task?
7. How does Cal rearrange Mare's sitting room to teach her to dance in Chapter 18?
8. Who does Cal fight during a trial at the end of Chapter 16?
9. Why is it safe for Farley to take Mare and Maven to the City of Ruins?
10. What Measures does King Tiberias order to be put in place after the incident with the Scarlet Guard in the ballroom?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)