|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 1, what does Mare steal from a woman?
(a) A few coins.
(c) Few paper bills.
2. What does Evangeline Samos wear in Chapter 10?
(a) Leather clothes and studs.
(b) Dress of interlocked metal rings.
(c) Green and silver dress.
(d) Blue and silver dress.
3. What is Mare's birthdate?
(a) September 3.
(b) January 4.
(c) November 17.
(d) March 11.
4. What is Cal's power?
5. In Chapter 1, how high are the building above the ground?
(a) 10 feet.
(b) 5 feet.
(c) 15 feet.
(d) 20 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bruises Mare's arm in Chapter 10 after the announcements of the princes' betrothals?
2. How many coins does Cal give Mare in Chapter 5?
3. How long does it take Lord Provos to transform the Spiral Garden in Chapter 7?
4. Hw does Mare know there are cameras in her room in Chapter 11?
5. What color is Mare's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is used to transport Mare and her guards from the royal apartments to the ballroom, and what does Mare think of that means of transportation?
2. What does Mare realize about the crown prince at the end of Chapter 6?
3. Why is Kilorn going to be conscripted at the end of Chapter 2?
4. Why does Cal say that Mare is like Maven?
5. What happens to Reds when they turn 18 if they do not have a job?
6. What happens when Mare tries to pick one last pocket in Chapter 5?
7. Who comes to the Barrows' home at dawn in Chapter 6?
8. What story does the royal family make up to explain Mare?
9. What does Maven tell Mare aboute Lord Samos?
10. What does Mare say about the war at the beginning of Chapter 3?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)