|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ta-Kumsaw feel about a White man at Eight Face Mound?
2. What color are the leaves of the tree with the white fruit?
3. Why is Mike Fink ashamed?
4. Why does Measure take on the curse when he isn't obligated?
5. In what direction is Ta-Kumsaw's army to lure Old Hickory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tenska-Tawa promise his people as they wait to die?
2. Where does Alvin find the fruit that he isn't allowed to eat any more? Why is this?
3. Why does Alvin believe there is some witchery involved in regards to Ta-Kumsaw?
4. What do the Reds do when faced with death at the hand of the Whites?
5. What does Alvin figure has happened when he explains what the Chok-Taw have done to the saddles?
6. What is White Murderer Harrison's curse?
7. What is Ta-Kumsaw convinced is the reason for Alvin's grief? What is Taleswapper's argument?
8. Why is Measure offended that the Red men haven't treated him fairly in the Gatlopp?
9. For what reasons does Frederic don the amulet?
10. What does Alvin know will happen by the third time he tells the story of what happened at Tippy-Canoe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Caucasian and Native American relations since settlers arrived from Europe. Under what precedence did Caucasian people take over the land that had once belonged strictly to the native peoples?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Alvin's immunity to the Red man feeling what he was changing in the environment. How does this provide a convenient way for Alvin to save Measure and himself from torture? What do you think would have happened if Alvin had been noticed doing his knackery?
Essay Topic 3
Compare American frontier towns to small towns that exist present day. What kinds of characteristics are similar and what things are different? Taking away technological advancement as a main difference, what other main differences exist in small towns of today? What do you think is the reason for this difference?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)