|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is embroidered on the kerchief in Measure's hand?
2. Who is sent back to Vigor Church?
3. What does a White man do when he comes to a valley?
4. What does Mike Fink recognize about the "war"?
5. What does Taleswapper believe is Alvin's deepest wound?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Alvin find the fruit that he isn't allowed to eat any more? Why is this?
2. Why does Alvin believe there is some witchery involved in regards to Ta-Kumsaw?
3. What is the rule regarding the letters?
4. What is the only way that Ta-Kumsaw can get to Alvin and why does he need to do so?
5. For what reasons does Frederic don the amulet?
6. What is Ta-Kumsaw convinced is the reason for Alvin's grief? What is Taleswapper's argument?
7. What do the Reds do when faced with death at the hand of the Whites?
8. What does Taleswapper have in his bag?
9. What does Napoleon tell Ta-Kumsaw to say to Alvin, and what is Alvin's response?
10. Why is Measure offended that the Red men haven't treated him fairly in the Gatlopp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Alvin's immunity to the Red man feeling what he was changing in the environment. How does this provide a convenient way for Alvin to save Measure and himself from torture? What do you think would have happened if Alvin had been noticed doing his knackery?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether or not Alvin should have gone with Ta-Kumsaw. How did going with Measure end up being a more noble cause? What might Alvin have done to prevent the torture from taking place? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Caucasian and Native American relations since settlers arrived from Europe. Under what precedence did Caucasian people take over the land that had once belonged strictly to the native peoples?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)