|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the soldiers' suits?
2. In what way is Napoleon Bonaparte exactly what he has seduced people into believing he is?
3. What are Ta-Kumsaw and Old Hickory spreading?
4. What does the Mound offer Alvin?
5. For what does Measure keep wishing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is interesting to note about the way Alvin makes the journey with Ta-Kumsaw?
2. What specifically hurts Alvin when he examines his brother?
3. Why does Alvin believe there is some witchery involved in regards to Ta-Kumsaw?
4. Why does La Fayette want Napoleon out of command?
5. What is interesting about Becca's eyes?
6. What does Alvin figure has happened when he explains what the Chok-Taw have done to the saddles?
7. How is Prophetstown a miraculous place?
8. What is the rule regarding the letters?
9. Why is Measure offended that the Red men haven't treated him fairly in the Gatlopp?
10. What does Alvin know will happen by the third time he tells the story of what happened at Tippy-Canoe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the difference in Measure and Alvin's approach to family. What is the most important thing in regards to Measure, the thing that trumps all other considerations? Is this a narrow perspective? Explain. Is Alvin's concern a greater cause in general? With whose opinion do you identify and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how myths and legends become more magical over time. What can be attributed to these manipulations of data? How far back in history does fact become intermingled with legend and, therefore, indistinguishable? What kinds of things lead to their indistinguishable nature? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the difference between Alvin Miller Sr. and Armor-of-God, especially when it comes to treating the Reds. How does Alvin Miller Sr.'s reaction belie his true feelings in regards to the Reds? What would this be called today, and what would be the ramifications of inciting violence towards a specific group?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)