|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Becca ever have to ask about her daughter?
2. For a cause what will men of Napoleons army let die?
3. Why does Alvin think that Napoleon is the most dangerous man in the world?
4. What does Ta-Kumsaw feel?
5. How will the Prophet die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does La Fayette wish that Napoleon were merely a "vain posturer with a gift for seducing the loyalty of his betters"(266)?
2. What is the rule regarding the letters?
3. Why does Alvin believe there is some witchery involved in regards to Ta-Kumsaw?
4. How does Ta-Kumsaw survive wounds that would have felled any other man and how do the enemy soldiers react to this?
5. What is the difference between the oath of a land at peace and an angry land?
6. Why does La Fayette want Napoleon out of command?
7. What is White Murderer Harrison's curse?
8. What does Tenska-Tawa promise his people as they wait to die?
9. What do the Reds do when faced with death at the hand of the Whites?
10. Where does Alvin find the fruit that he isn't allowed to eat any more? Why is this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the emergence of the Christian religion in this novel. How does it interfere with the average individual's practice of knacks? Is Armor-of-God's intolerance of knackery a preview of what is to come in North America (think Salem Witch Trials) or not?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Tenska-Tawa and Ta-Kumsaw's belief patterns. Who is a better leader and how would you define a better leader? Why is that character a more successful leader?
Essay Topic 3
What might have occurred had Alvin gone back with Measure and saved him as the torture was occurring? Would this have been more likely to have saved the Reds at Tippy-Canoe? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)