|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gilbert going to send to Frederic?
2. What does Measure do while in the cell?
3. What does Mike Fink think of life?
4. How will the Prophet die?
5. What does Measure reveal to Ta-Kumsaw?
Short Essay Questions
1. What specifically hurts Alvin when he examines his brother?
2. Why does La Fayette wish that Napoleon were merely a "vain posturer with a gift for seducing the loyalty of his betters"(266)?
3. Where does Alvin find the fruit that he isn't allowed to eat any more? Why is this?
4. Why is Measure thankful that Alvin isn't with him?
5. What does Tenska-Tawa promise his people as they wait to die?
6. What is interesting about Becca's eyes?
7. What is the only way that Ta-Kumsaw can get to Alvin and why does he need to do so?
8. What is the rule regarding the letters?
9. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw walk away with his men when he has the chance?
10. What does Napoleon tell Ta-Kumsaw to say to Alvin, and what is Alvin's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the difference between Alvin Miller Sr. and Armor-of-God, especially when it comes to treating the Reds. How does Alvin Miller Sr.'s reaction belie his true feelings in regards to the Reds? What would this be called today, and what would be the ramifications of inciting violence towards a specific group?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the decay of the land as predicted by Tenska-Tawa and Ta-Kumsaw. Does it come to pass? How or why not? Are the forest and the land still healthy? How do you know and what information can you offer and cite to support your conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Ta-Kumsaw and Napoleon Bonaparte as generals. Who made the better leader and why? What characteristics does a general whose fame lasts throughout the ages possess? What must they have done to gain infamy?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)