|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alvin think that Napoleon is the most dangerous man in the world?
2. What gesture has Taleswapper brushed away too harshly?
3. What brings Ta-Kumsaw to the house where Becca is?
4. What is Alvin to do in order to be a Red boy with Ta-Kumsaw?
5. How many Red's die over the thought that two White boys have died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only way that Ta-Kumsaw can get to Alvin and why does he need to do so?
2. Why does La Fayette wish that Napoleon were merely a "vain posturer with a gift for seducing the loyalty of his betters"(266)?
3. Why is Measure thankful that Alvin isn't with him?
4. Why is Measure offended that the Red men haven't treated him fairly in the Gatlopp?
5. What is interesting about Becca's eyes?
6. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw walk away with his men when he has the chance?
7. What does Alvin figure has happened when he explains what the Chok-Taw have done to the saddles?
8. How does Ta-Kumsaw survive wounds that would have felled any other man and how do the enemy soldiers react to this?
9. How does Mike Fink view life and death? Why isn't he proud of killing Measure?
10. What kinds of options does Measure have? How are these options merely illusions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the search for a dream beast which Lolla-Wossiky endeavors. Is this a common theme among indigenous peoples? Is the reason for the search a true reason? Cite sources that prove your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the difference between Alvin Miller Sr. and Armor-of-God, especially when it comes to treating the Reds. How does Alvin Miller Sr.'s reaction belie his true feelings in regards to the Reds? What would this be called today, and what would be the ramifications of inciting violence towards a specific group?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Tenska-Tawa and Ta-Kumsaw's belief patterns. Who is a better leader and how would you define a better leader? Why is that character a more successful leader?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)