|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the leaves at Eight Face Mound?
2. What is the only sentence that Ta-Kumsaw speaks to Alvin?
3. What does Harrison comment that Measure looks like?
4. What color are the soldiers' suits?
5. Of what did the forest smell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alvin figure has happened when he explains what the Chok-Taw have done to the saddles?
2. What does Taleswapper have in his bag?
3. Why does La Fayette wish that Napoleon were merely a "vain posturer with a gift for seducing the loyalty of his betters"(266)?
4. Where does Alvin find the fruit that he isn't allowed to eat any more? Why is this?
5. How does Ta-Kumsaw survive wounds that would have felled any other man and how do the enemy soldiers react to this?
6. What kinds of options does Measure have? How are these options merely illusions?
7. What does Napoleon tell Ta-Kumsaw to say to Alvin, and what is Alvin's response?
8. What does Tenska-Tawa promise his people as they wait to die?
9. What is the difference between the oath of a land at peace and an angry land?
10. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw walk away with his men when he has the chance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What might have occurred had Alvin gone back with Measure and saved him as the torture was occurring? Would this have been more likely to have saved the Reds at Tippy-Canoe? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the emergence of the Christian religion in this novel. How does it interfere with the average individual's practice of knacks? Is Armor-of-God's intolerance of knackery a preview of what is to come in North America (think Salem Witch Trials) or not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the search for a dream beast which Lolla-Wossiky endeavors. Is this a common theme among indigenous peoples? Is the reason for the search a true reason? Cite sources that prove your statements.
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)