|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the leaves of the tree with the white fruit?
2. What is in the pouch that Alvin gives to Measure?
3. What does the ciphered letter contain?
4. Why doesn't Alvin want to eat the fish?
5. How many of the Reds are left?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ta-Kumsaw convinced is the reason for Alvin's grief? What is Taleswapper's argument?
2. Why doesn't Alvin leave when he is feeling so lonely in Ta-Kumsaw's presence?
3. What does Taleswapper have in his bag?
4. What is interesting to note about the way Alvin makes the journey with Ta-Kumsaw?
5. What is the difference between the oath of a land at peace and an angry land?
6. What specifically hurts Alvin when he examines his brother?
7. How do Alvin and Measure differ in the way they view their family?
8. What is interesting about Becca's eyes?
9. What do the Reds do when faced with death at the hand of the Whites?
10. Why is Measure thankful that Alvin isn't with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the search for a dream beast which Lolla-Wossiky endeavors. Is this a common theme among indigenous peoples? Is the reason for the search a true reason? Cite sources that prove your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Lolla-Wossiky's interpretation of Christianity. Discuss Armor and Thrower's interpretation of Red religion. Which appears, at first glance, to be more accurate? Which is portrayed in a better light in this novel? Explain how you have come to your conclusions and cite quotes from the book to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Tenska-Tawa and Ta-Kumsaw's belief patterns. Who is a better leader and how would you define a better leader? Why is that character a more successful leader?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)