|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Measure take on the curse when he isn't obligated?
2. What does Measure reveal to Ta-Kumsaw?
3. Who does Measure meet along the road?
4. Who seems the most savage of all in their hate?
5. What brings Ta-Kumsaw to the house where Becca is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between the oath of a land at peace and an angry land?
2. What does Taleswapper have in his bag?
3. Why is Measure offended that the Red men haven't treated him fairly in the Gatlopp?
4. How does Ta-Kumsaw survive wounds that would have felled any other man and how do the enemy soldiers react to this?
5. What does Alvin know will happen by the third time he tells the story of what happened at Tippy-Canoe?
6. What do the Reds do when faced with death at the hand of the Whites?
7. How is Prophetstown a miraculous place?
8. How do Alvin and Measure differ in the way they view their family?
9. Why is Measure thankful that Alvin isn't with him?
10. What specifically hurts Alvin when he examines his brother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the different social structures of government between the French and the Americans. Which structure is more efficient and how is it made so? Compare it to the efficiency of present government organizations. Which is the most efficient and how is that determined?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Tenska-Tawa and any other Prophet of history. What are their similarities and what are their differences? Who made a better spiritual leader and why? Is it possible the spiritual aspects of the true Tenskwatawa are downplayed in modern history due to their origins? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the mutual animosity between the Reds and the Whites in the story. Do they have reason to fear each other? Why or why not? Is this a common theme throughout history? Explain.
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)