|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what are the Reds armed?
2. For a cause what will men of Napoleons army let die?
3. To whom or what is La Fayette more of a friend than he is to Napoleon?
4. How does Ta-Kumsaw feel about a White man at Eight Face Mound?
5. What name does Ta-Kumsaw call his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is interesting about Becca's eyes?
2. Why is Measure offended that the Red men haven't treated him fairly in the Gatlopp?
3. Why does La Fayette want Napoleon out of command?
4. What is the difference between the oath of a land at peace and an angry land?
5. What kinds of options does Measure have? How are these options merely illusions?
6. What is the only way that Ta-Kumsaw can get to Alvin and why does he need to do so?
7. What is the rule regarding the letters?
8. What specifically hurts Alvin when he examines his brother?
9. Why is Measure thankful that Alvin isn't with him?
10. What do the Reds do when faced with death at the hand of the Whites?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Lolla-Wossiky's interpretation of Christianity. Discuss Armor and Thrower's interpretation of Red religion. Which appears, at first glance, to be more accurate? Which is portrayed in a better light in this novel? Explain how you have come to your conclusions and cite quotes from the book to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
What might have occurred had Alvin gone back with Measure and saved him as the torture was occurring? Would this have been more likely to have saved the Reds at Tippy-Canoe? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Ta-Kumsaw and Napoleon Bonaparte as generals. Who made the better leader and why? What characteristics does a general whose fame lasts throughout the ages possess? What must they have done to gain infamy?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)