|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will the Prophet die?
2. What does Harrison comment that Measure looks like?
3. What do the people who find Measure call him?
4. What does Measure think when he has both his arm and leg broken?
5. What is in the pouch that Alvin gives to Measure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Napoleon tell Ta-Kumsaw to say to Alvin, and what is Alvin's response?
2. Why is Measure offended that the Red men haven't treated him fairly in the Gatlopp?
3. What is the rule regarding the letters?
4. For what reasons does Frederic don the amulet?
5. Why does Alvin believe there is some witchery involved in regards to Ta-Kumsaw?
6. What does Alvin know will happen by the third time he tells the story of what happened at Tippy-Canoe?
7. How is Prophetstown a miraculous place?
8. What does Taleswapper have in his bag?
9. What is the only way that Ta-Kumsaw can get to Alvin and why does he need to do so?
10. What is White Murderer Harrison's curse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Ta-Kumsaw's thoughts about Alvin both before and after the trip to the Eight Face Mound. How do they change, if they change at all? What do you think is largely responsible for this? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Caucasian and Native American relations since settlers arrived from Europe. Under what precedence did Caucasian people take over the land that had once belonged strictly to the native peoples?
Essay Topic 3
Compare American frontier towns to small towns that exist present day. What kinds of characteristics are similar and what things are different? Taking away technological advancement as a main difference, what other main differences exist in small towns of today? What do you think is the reason for this difference?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)