|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of battle does Ta-Kumsaw wish to fight with Measure?
2. What would Armor do to stop the massacre?
3. How many years has Napoleon Bonaparte waited for his war?
4. How will the Prophet die?
5. What does Ta-Kumsaw say about the Irrakwa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tenska-Tawa promise his people as they wait to die?
2. What does Alvin figure has happened when he explains what the Chok-Taw have done to the saddles?
3. How do Alvin and Measure differ in the way they view their family?
4. For what reasons does Frederic don the amulet?
5. What is interesting to note about the way Alvin makes the journey with Ta-Kumsaw?
6. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw walk away with his men when he has the chance?
7. What does Napoleon tell Ta-Kumsaw to say to Alvin, and what is Alvin's response?
8. What is the rule regarding the letters?
9. Why does Alvin believe there is some witchery involved in regards to Ta-Kumsaw?
10. What is interesting about Becca's eyes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the mutual animosity between the Reds and the Whites in the story. Do they have reason to fear each other? Why or why not? Is this a common theme throughout history? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Ta-Kumsaw and Napoleon Bonaparte as generals. Who made the better leader and why? What characteristics does a general whose fame lasts throughout the ages possess? What must they have done to gain infamy?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the difference between Alvin Miller Sr. and Armor-of-God, especially when it comes to treating the Reds. How does Alvin Miller Sr.'s reaction belie his true feelings in regards to the Reds? What would this be called today, and what would be the ramifications of inciting violence towards a specific group?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)