|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many faces are there on the Mound that don't have names?
2. How many Red's die over the thought that two White boys have died?
3. What does a White man do when he comes to a valley?
4. Who does Harrison employ to do in Measure?
5. Why does Gilbert applaud a horrible show?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between the oath of a land at peace and an angry land?
2. Why does La Fayette wish that Napoleon were merely a "vain posturer with a gift for seducing the loyalty of his betters"(266)?
3. What does Taleswapper have in his bag?
4. For what reasons does Frederic don the amulet?
5. How does Ta-Kumsaw survive wounds that would have felled any other man and how do the enemy soldiers react to this?
6. What does Tenska-Tawa promise his people as they wait to die?
7. What is White Murderer Harrison's curse?
8. What does Napoleon tell Ta-Kumsaw to say to Alvin, and what is Alvin's response?
9. What is the only way that Ta-Kumsaw can get to Alvin and why does he need to do so?
10. How do Alvin and Measure differ in the way they view their family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare American frontier towns to small towns that exist present day. What kinds of characteristics are similar and what things are different? Taking away technological advancement as a main difference, what other main differences exist in small towns of today? What do you think is the reason for this difference?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Ta-Kumsaw's thoughts about Alvin both before and after the trip to the Eight Face Mound. How do they change, if they change at all? What do you think is largely responsible for this? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Ta-Kumsaw and Napoleon Bonaparte as generals. Who made the better leader and why? What characteristics does a general whose fame lasts throughout the ages possess? What must they have done to gain infamy?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)