|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the ciphered letter contain?
2. How many Red's die over the thought that two White boys have died?
3. What is in the pouch that Alvin gives to Measure?
4. What does a White man do when he comes to a valley?
5. What does Measure think when he has both his arm and leg broken?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Measure thankful that Alvin isn't with him?
2. What is White Murderer Harrison's curse?
3. How is Prophetstown a miraculous place?
4. For what reasons does Frederic don the amulet?
5. What is the difference between the oath of a land at peace and an angry land?
6. What specifically hurts Alvin when he examines his brother?
7. What is interesting to note about the way Alvin makes the journey with Ta-Kumsaw?
8. Why does Alvin believe there is some witchery involved in regards to Ta-Kumsaw?
9. What is the only way that Ta-Kumsaw can get to Alvin and why does he need to do so?
10. Where does Alvin find the fruit that he isn't allowed to eat any more? Why is this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the different social structures of government between the French and the Americans. Which structure is more efficient and how is it made so? Compare it to the efficiency of present government organizations. Which is the most efficient and how is that determined?
Essay Topic 2
Compare American frontier towns to small towns that exist present day. What kinds of characteristics are similar and what things are different? Taking away technological advancement as a main difference, what other main differences exist in small towns of today? What do you think is the reason for this difference?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Ta-Kumsaw's thoughts about Alvin both before and after the trip to the Eight Face Mound. How do they change, if they change at all? What do you think is largely responsible for this? Explain.
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)