|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mike Fink recognize about the "war"?
2. Why does Measure take on the curse when he isn't obligated?
3. How will the Prophet die?
4. What does Old Hickory seize from the French?
5. Of what is Alvin sure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is White Murderer Harrison's curse?
2. Where does Alvin find the fruit that he isn't allowed to eat any more? Why is this?
3. For what reasons does Frederic don the amulet?
4. How does Ta-Kumsaw survive wounds that would have felled any other man and how do the enemy soldiers react to this?
5. Why does La Fayette want Napoleon out of command?
6. What is the rule regarding the letters?
7. Why is Measure thankful that Alvin isn't with him?
8. How is Prophetstown a miraculous place?
9. How do Alvin and Measure differ in the way they view their family?
10. What does Tenska-Tawa promise his people as they wait to die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Governor Harrison as a character. What kinds of traits does he embody? How is he different from all of the other characters who seemed bad throughout the novel? What kinds of traits does he have that are positive? What kinds of traits does he have that could be considered negative?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Alvin's immunity to the Red man feeling what he was changing in the environment. How does this provide a convenient way for Alvin to save Measure and himself from torture? What do you think would have happened if Alvin had been noticed doing his knackery?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hoochs' ability as a spark. What is the only thing that keeps him in check? How does this fail to deter him once he is threatened with death if he doesn't comply with Harrison's request? How does this act inevitably bring about Hoochs' demise?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)