|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the leaves of the tree with the white fruit?
2. Who else is gathering an army?
3. Why is Mike Fink ashamed?
4. What is the strong number, according to Ta-Kumsaw?
5. With what is Napoleon charged?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alvin believe there is some witchery involved in regards to Ta-Kumsaw?
2. What do the Reds do when faced with death at the hand of the Whites?
3. Where does Alvin find the fruit that he isn't allowed to eat any more? Why is this?
4. For what reasons does Frederic don the amulet?
5. Why doesn't Alvin leave when he is feeling so lonely in Ta-Kumsaw's presence?
6. What does Taleswapper have in his bag?
7. What is interesting about Becca's eyes?
8. What does Tenska-Tawa promise his people as they wait to die?
9. What is White Murderer Harrison's curse?
10. What is interesting to note about the way Alvin makes the journey with Ta-Kumsaw?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the mutual animosity between the Reds and the Whites in the story. Do they have reason to fear each other? Why or why not? Is this a common theme throughout history? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss whether or not Alvin should have gone with Ta-Kumsaw. How did going with Measure end up being a more noble cause? What might Alvin have done to prevent the torture from taking place? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Caucasian and Native American relations since settlers arrived from Europe. Under what precedence did Caucasian people take over the land that had once belonged strictly to the native peoples?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)