|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Tom Jefferson done to make things worse regarding the Reds in Hooch's opinion?
2. What do the people of Vigor Church call Armor?
3. What doesn't Alvin Jr. understand is a miracle?
4. What do the Reds who find Alvin and Measure do to them?
5. How many hours does it take to track down the renegade Wee-Aw?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message do the Reds intend to send home to Alvin and Measure's parents? How do they manage to do this?
2. Why does Lolla want to find his dream beast?
3. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw kill Harrison?
4. What is the objective of the wrassling match between Measure and Ta-Kumsaw?
5. Why does Alvin think he has failed in the Shining Man's request "to make all things whole"? What doesn't he understand?
6. What story does Ta-Kumsaw tell the red bird?
7. What kinds of signs does Tenska-Tawa offer his people to prove his legitimacy as a Prophet?
8. What confuses Alvin in regards to the Shining Man's request and lesson?
9. Why is there nothing left for Lolla to do?
10. What does Robespierre give to La Fayette and what is its purpose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Ta-Kumsaw's thoughts about Alvin both before and after the trip to the Eight Face Mound. How do they change, if they change at all? What do you think is largely responsible for this? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the difference in Measure and Alvin's approach to family. What is the most important thing in regards to Measure, the thing that trumps all other considerations? Is this a narrow perspective? Explain. Is Alvin's concern a greater cause in general? With whose opinion do you identify and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the decay of the land as predicted by Tenska-Tawa and Ta-Kumsaw. Does it come to pass? How or why not? Are the forest and the land still healthy? How do you know and what information can you offer and cite to support your conclusion?
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)