|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many tornadoes does Alvin see in the sky?
2. What is Measure to keep near him?
3. What does Hooch find?
4. What scares Hooch?
5. What do the people of Vigor Church call Armor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alvin suspect that no one greeted him when he came into town?
2. Why does La Fayette want Napoleon out of command?
3. What is the difference in the way Hooch is treated at Carthage City as opposed to the way he is treated by the US Marshals in Suskwahenny?
4. What does Napoleon tell Ta-Kumsaw to say to Alvin, and what is Alvin's response?
5. What does Harrison attempt to do to Hooch, and what is Hooch's response to this?
6. What is the only way that Ta-Kumsaw can get to Alvin and why does he need to do so?
7. Why is Measure thankful that Alvin isn't with him?
8. What is Ta-Kumsaw convinced is the reason for Alvin's grief? What is Taleswapper's argument?
9. How does Ta-Kumsaw survive wounds that would have felled any other man and how do the enemy soldiers react to this?
10. How is Lolla-Wossiky humiliated?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the search for a dream beast which Lolla-Wossiky endeavors. Is this a common theme among indigenous peoples? Is the reason for the search a true reason? Cite sources that prove your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Alvin's immunity to the Red man feeling what he was changing in the environment. How does this provide a convenient way for Alvin to save Measure and himself from torture? What do you think would have happened if Alvin had been noticed doing his knackery?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Caucasian and Native American relations since settlers arrived from Europe. Under what precedence did Caucasian people take over the land that had once belonged strictly to the native peoples?
This section contains 1,723 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)