|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Governor Bill Harrison's new wife?
2. What won't Armor let the people of Vigor Church build?
3. What does Tenska-Tawa call Alvin Miller Jr.?
4. How many tornadoes does Alvin see in the sky?
5. What does Alvin do for Lolla?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message do the Reds intend to send home to Alvin and Measure's parents? How do they manage to do this?
2. What is the difference in the way Hooch is treated at Carthage City as opposed to the way he is treated by the US Marshals in Suskwahenny?
3. Who are the primary suspects in Armor's mind in regards to the abductions?
4. What is different regarding the way Alvin changes things compared to the way other White men change things?
5. How is "dying brave" kind of the Reds who catch the Wee-Aw?
6. When the Prophet abandons Alvin, what does Alvin witness on his own in the tornado?
7. What is the difference between Alvin Miller Sr. and Armor-of-God's opinions regarding the abduction of Alvin and Measure?
8. What does Robespierre give to La Fayette and what is its purpose?
9. What is the objective of the wrassling match between Measure and Ta-Kumsaw?
10. What does Napoleon Bonaparte do, and how does it make Frederic feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Ta-Kumsaw's thoughts about Alvin both before and after the trip to the Eight Face Mound. How do they change, if they change at all? What do you think is largely responsible for this? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Compare American frontier towns to small towns that exist present day. What kinds of characteristics are similar and what things are different? Taking away technological advancement as a main difference, what other main differences exist in small towns of today? What do you think is the reason for this difference?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Governor Harrison as a character. What kinds of traits does he embody? How is he different from all of the other characters who seemed bad throughout the novel? What kinds of traits does he have that are positive? What kinds of traits does he have that could be considered negative?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)