|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lolla see with his good eye closed first?
2. What had previously stopped Lolla from doing this?
3. What does Tenska-Tawa call Alvin Miller Jr.?
4. How does Lolla-Wossiky put out his eye?
5. Where does the white light gather?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scares Alvin when he follows the Prophet and why does he do so?
2. What is the only way that Ta-Kumsaw can get to Alvin and why does he need to do so?
3. How does Mike Fink view life and death? Why isn't he proud of killing Measure?
4. Why does Lolla want to find his dream beast?
5. What confuses Alvin in regards to the Shining Man's request and lesson?
6. What kinds of things does Hooch notice upon entering Carthage City once again?
7. Why has no one ever called Eleanor a pretty woman?
8. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw kill Harrison?
9. Why is Measure offended that the Red men haven't treated him fairly in the Gatlopp?
10. Where does Alvin find the fruit that he isn't allowed to eat any more? Why is this?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Ta-Kumsaw and Napoleon Bonaparte as generals. Who made the better leader and why? What characteristics does a general whose fame lasts throughout the ages possess? What must they have done to gain infamy?
Essay Topic 2
What might have occurred had Alvin gone back with Measure and saved him as the torture was occurring? Would this have been more likely to have saved the Reds at Tippy-Canoe? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Caucasian and Native American relations since settlers arrived from Europe. Under what precedence did Caucasian people take over the land that had once belonged strictly to the native peoples?
This section contains 1,798 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)