|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alvin do for Lolla?
2. Who draws up the treaty that says whites can't sell "likker" to Reds?
3. What does Armor-of-God know without asking?
4. About how many Reds live in Prophetstown?
5. What does Alvin Jr. say is in the other room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alvin think he has failed in the Shining Man's request "to make all things whole"? What doesn't he understand?
2. What is the difference in the way Hooch is treated at Carthage City as opposed to the way he is treated by the US Marshals in Suskwahenny?
3. What does Robespierre give to La Fayette and what is its purpose?
4. What is interesting to Lolla regarding Alvin's command over the roaches within his home?
5. Why has no one ever called Eleanor a pretty woman?
6. What does Harrison attempt to do to Hooch, and what is Hooch's response to this?
7. How is "dying brave" kind of the Reds who catch the Wee-Aw?
8. Why does Lolla want to find his dream beast?
9. Why is there nothing left for Lolla to do?
10. What kinds of things does Hooch notice upon entering Carthage City once again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What might have occurred had Alvin gone back with Measure and saved him as the torture was occurring? Would this have been more likely to have saved the Reds at Tippy-Canoe? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Tenska-Tawa and any other Prophet of history. What are their similarities and what are their differences? Who made a better spiritual leader and why? Is it possible the spiritual aspects of the true Tenskwatawa are downplayed in modern history due to their origins? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Governor Harrison as a character. What kinds of traits does he embody? How is he different from all of the other characters who seemed bad throughout the novel? What kinds of traits does he have that are positive? What kinds of traits does he have that could be considered negative?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)