|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Reds who find Alvin and Measure do to them?
2. What does Hooch break on the Corporal?
3. How old is Governor Bill Harrison's new wife?
4. By what is Frederic pleasantly surprised?
5. What does Alvin hear when he isn't focusing on running?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the primary suspects in Armor's mind in regards to the abductions?
2. What kinds of things does Hooch notice upon entering Carthage City once again?
3. What scares Alvin when he follows the Prophet and why does he do so?
4. Why is there nothing left for Lolla to do?
5. Why does Lolla want to find his dream beast?
6. Why does Andrew Jackson feel dirty?
7. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw kill Harrison?
8. What is the objective of the wrassling match between Measure and Ta-Kumsaw?
9. What is interesting to Lolla regarding Alvin's command over the roaches within his home?
10. What message do the Reds intend to send home to Alvin and Measure's parents? How do they manage to do this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Ta-Kumsaw and Napoleon Bonaparte as generals. Who made the better leader and why? What characteristics does a general whose fame lasts throughout the ages possess? What must they have done to gain infamy?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Ta-Kumsaw's thoughts about Alvin both before and after the trip to the Eight Face Mound. How do they change, if they change at all? What do you think is largely responsible for this? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hoochs' ability as a spark. What is the only thing that keeps him in check? How does this fail to deter him once he is threatened with death if he doesn't comply with Harrison's request? How does this act inevitably bring about Hoochs' demise?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)