|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alvin think his father should do?
2. What is Ta-Kumsaw's goal?
3. What does Lolla-Wossiky steal?
4. Who has abducted Alvin and Measure?
5. How does Frederic feel when Napoleon touches him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Ta-Kumsaw tell the red bird?
2. What is the objective of the wrassling match between Measure and Ta-Kumsaw?
3. What message do the Reds intend to send home to Alvin and Measure's parents? How do they manage to do this?
4. What is the difference in the way Hooch is treated at Carthage City as opposed to the way he is treated by the US Marshals in Suskwahenny?
5. Why does Andrew Jackson feel dirty?
6. What is interesting to Lolla regarding Alvin's command over the roaches within his home?
7. What does Harrison attempt to do to Hooch, and what is Hooch's response to this?
8. What is the difference between Alvin Miller Sr. and Armor-of-God's opinions regarding the abduction of Alvin and Measure?
9. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw kill Harrison?
10. What is different regarding the way Alvin changes things compared to the way other White men change things?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the difference between Alvin Miller Sr. and Armor-of-God, especially when it comes to treating the Reds. How does Alvin Miller Sr.'s reaction belie his true feelings in regards to the Reds? What would this be called today, and what would be the ramifications of inciting violence towards a specific group?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Tenska-Tawa and any other Prophet of history. What are their similarities and what are their differences? Who made a better spiritual leader and why? Is it possible the spiritual aspects of the true Tenskwatawa are downplayed in modern history due to their origins? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Compare American frontier towns to small towns that exist present day. What kinds of characteristics are similar and what things are different? Taking away technological advancement as a main difference, what other main differences exist in small towns of today? What do you think is the reason for this difference?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)