|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tenska-Tawa say in regards to alcohol?
2. Whatis considered to be bad luck?
3. What animal does Ta-Kumsaw represent to Hooch?
4. What does Alvin do for Lolla?
5. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw hate the White man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Lolla-Wossiky humiliated?
2. What kinds of things does Alvin do when the Chok-Taw try to torture the abducted boys?
3. What confuses Alvin in regards to the Shining Man's request and lesson?
4. What is interesting to Lolla regarding Alvin's command over the roaches within his home?
5. What is the difference in the way Hooch is treated at Carthage City as opposed to the way he is treated by the US Marshals in Suskwahenny?
6. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw kill Harrison?
7. Why does Armor-of-God wish to be governor?
8. When the Prophet abandons Alvin, what does Alvin witness on his own in the tornado?
9. What kinds of things does Hooch notice upon entering Carthage City once again?
10. Why does Lolla want to find his dream beast?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Alvin's immunity to the Red man feeling what he was changing in the environment. How does this provide a convenient way for Alvin to save Measure and himself from torture? What do you think would have happened if Alvin had been noticed doing his knackery?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the decay of the land as predicted by Tenska-Tawa and Ta-Kumsaw. Does it come to pass? How or why not? Are the forest and the land still healthy? How do you know and what information can you offer and cite to support your conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Ta-Kumsaw and Napoleon Bonaparte as generals. Who made the better leader and why? What characteristics does a general whose fame lasts throughout the ages possess? What must they have done to gain infamy?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)