Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the ridge beam?
2. What do the people of Vigor Church call Armor?
3. What do people call Andrew Jackson?
4. How does Lolla-Wossiky put out his eye?
5. What does Alvin do for Lolla?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Armor-of-God wish to be governor?
2. Where does Alvin find the fruit that he isn't allowed to eat any more? Why is this?
3. What is interesting to Lolla regarding Alvin's command over the roaches within his home?
4. What does Napoleon Bonaparte do, and how does it make Frederic feel?
5. What is interesting about Becca's eyes?
6. For what reasons does Frederic don the amulet?
7. Who is the second person to greet Alvin, and for what kinds of things are both people looking?
8. For what does Ta-Kumsaw feel the people of the West will know him?
9. What kinds of things does Hooch notice upon entering Carthage City once again?
10. Why does Alvin suspect that no one greeted him when he came into town?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Tenska-Tawa and any other Prophet of history. What are their similarities and what are their differences? Who made a better spiritual leader and why? Is it possible the spiritual aspects of the true Tenskwatawa are downplayed in modern history due to their origins? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Caucasian and Native American relations since settlers arrived from Europe. Under what precedence did Caucasian people take over the land that had once belonged strictly to the native peoples?
Essay Topic 3
Compare American frontier towns to small towns that exist present day. What kinds of characteristics are similar and what things are different? Taking away technological advancement as a main difference, what other main differences exist in small towns of today? What do you think is the reason for this difference?
This section contains 1,706 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)