|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tribe(s) track down the Wee-Aw?
2. What happens to the ridge beam?
3. What does Armor-of-God do that seems suspicious in light of recent events?
4. What does the Cardinal attempt to use as a bribe for Queen Marie Antoinette?
5. Why does Lolla-Wossiky cry when it grows bitterly cold every year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference in the way Hooch is treated at Carthage City as opposed to the way he is treated by the US Marshals in Suskwahenny?
2. What is different regarding the way Alvin changes things compared to the way other White men change things?
3. Why does Armor-of-God wish to be governor?
4. Why has no one ever called Eleanor a pretty woman?
5. Who are the primary suspects in Armor's mind in regards to the abductions?
6. About what had Hooch and Harrison originally seen eye-to-eye?
7. What does Napoleon Bonaparte do, and how does it make Frederic feel?
8. What kinds of things does Alvin do when the Chok-Taw try to torture the abducted boys?
9. What message do the Reds intend to send home to Alvin and Measure's parents? How do they manage to do this?
10. What confuses Alvin in regards to the Shining Man's request and lesson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the decay of the land as predicted by Tenska-Tawa and Ta-Kumsaw. Does it come to pass? How or why not? Are the forest and the land still healthy? How do you know and what information can you offer and cite to support your conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the difference between Alvin Miller Sr. and Armor-of-God, especially when it comes to treating the Reds. How does Alvin Miller Sr.'s reaction belie his true feelings in regards to the Reds? What would this be called today, and what would be the ramifications of inciting violence towards a specific group?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hoochs' ability as a spark. What is the only thing that keeps him in check? How does this fail to deter him once he is threatened with death if he doesn't comply with Harrison's request? How does this act inevitably bring about Hoochs' demise?
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)