Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the ridge beam?
2. What do the people of Vigor Church call Armor?
3. What do people call Andrew Jackson?
4. How does Lolla-Wossiky put out his eye?
5. What does Alvin do for Lolla?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Armor-of-God wish to be governor?
2. Where does Alvin find the fruit that he isn't allowed to eat any more? Why is this?
3. What is interesting to Lolla regarding Alvin's command over the roaches within his home?
4. What does Napoleon Bonaparte do, and how does it make Frederic feel?
5. What is interesting about Becca's eyes?
6. For what reasons does Frederic don the amulet?
7. Who is the second person to greet Alvin, and for what kinds of things are both people looking?
8. For what does Ta-Kumsaw feel the people of the West will know him?
9. What kinds of things does Hooch notice upon entering Carthage City once again?
10. Why does Alvin suspect that no one greeted him when he came into town?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the decay of the land as predicted by Tenska-Tawa and Ta-Kumsaw. Does it come to pass? How or why not? Are the forest and the land still healthy? How do you know and what information can you offer and cite to support your conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Ta-Kumsaw and Napoleon Bonaparte as generals. Who made the better leader and why? What characteristics does a general whose fame lasts throughout the ages possess? What must they have done to gain infamy?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the emergence of the Christian religion in this novel. How does it interfere with the average individual's practice of knacks? Is Armor-of-God's intolerance of knackery a preview of what is to come in North America (think Salem Witch Trials) or not?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)