|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people call Andrew Jackson?
2. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw hate the White man?
3. What is missing from the White town where Lolla arrives?
4. What do the people of Vigor Church call Armor?
5. Wastenot comes in the house with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of signs does Tenska-Tawa offer his people to prove his legitimacy as a Prophet?
2. What scares Alvin when he follows the Prophet and why does he do so?
3. What does Harrison attempt to do to Hooch, and what is Hooch's response to this?
4. Why has no one ever called Eleanor a pretty woman?
5. What confuses Alvin in regards to the Shining Man's request and lesson?
6. Why does Armor-of-God wish to be governor?
7. What is the difference in the way Hooch is treated at Carthage City as opposed to the way he is treated by the US Marshals in Suskwahenny?
8. What does Robespierre give to La Fayette and what is its purpose?
9. Why does Lolla want to find his dream beast?
10. When the Prophet abandons Alvin, what does Alvin witness on his own in the tornado?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Ta-Kumsaw and Napoleon Bonaparte as generals. Who made the better leader and why? What characteristics does a general whose fame lasts throughout the ages possess? What must they have done to gain infamy?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how myths and legends become more magical over time. What can be attributed to these manipulations of data? How far back in history does fact become intermingled with legend and, therefore, indistinguishable? What kinds of things lead to their indistinguishable nature? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Tenska-Tawa and any other Prophet of history. What are their similarities and what are their differences? Who made a better spiritual leader and why? Is it possible the spiritual aspects of the true Tenskwatawa are downplayed in modern history due to their origins? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)