|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is the boy the Wee-Aw kill?
2. What doesn't Alvin understand when Lolla has shown him?
3. How do the people feel about Alvin Miller Sr.?
4. What is the first thing that Alvin sees within the tornado?
5. How does Frederic feel when Napoleon touches him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lolla want to find his dream beast?
2. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw kill Harrison?
3. How is "dying brave" kind of the Reds who catch the Wee-Aw?
4. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw beat Lolla-Wossiky for drinking, when he beats any other Shaw-Nee for doing so?
5. Who are the primary suspects in Armor's mind in regards to the abductions?
6. What is the objective of the wrassling match between Measure and Ta-Kumsaw?
7. How is Lolla-Wossiky humiliated?
8. What does Harrison attempt to do to Hooch, and what is Hooch's response to this?
9. What kinds of things does Alvin do when the Chok-Taw try to torture the abducted boys?
10. What scares Alvin when he follows the Prophet and why does he do so?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What might have occurred had Alvin gone back with Measure and saved him as the torture was occurring? Would this have been more likely to have saved the Reds at Tippy-Canoe? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Tenska-Tawa and Ta-Kumsaw's belief patterns. Who is a better leader and how would you define a better leader? Why is that character a more successful leader?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how myths and legends become more magical over time. What can be attributed to these manipulations of data? How far back in history does fact become intermingled with legend and, therefore, indistinguishable? What kinds of things lead to their indistinguishable nature? Explain.
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)