|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many barrels does the quartermaster want?
2. What does Alvin do for Lolla?
3. What does Mike Fink do upon Hooch's return?
4. What is Ta-Kumsaw's goal?
5. What does Lolla-Wossiky steal?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what had Hooch and Harrison originally seen eye-to-eye?
2. What story does Ta-Kumsaw tell the red bird?
3. Why does Lolla want to find his dream beast?
4. What does Harrison attempt to do to Hooch, and what is Hooch's response to this?
5. What does Robespierre give to La Fayette and what is its purpose?
6. What kinds of signs does Tenska-Tawa offer his people to prove his legitimacy as a Prophet?
7. What does Napoleon Bonaparte do, and how does it make Frederic feel?
8. What is the difference between Alvin Miller Sr. and Armor-of-God's opinions regarding the abduction of Alvin and Measure?
9. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw beat Lolla-Wossiky for drinking, when he beats any other Shaw-Nee for doing so?
10. How is Lolla-Wossiky humiliated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare American frontier towns to small towns that exist present day. What kinds of characteristics are similar and what things are different? Taking away technological advancement as a main difference, what other main differences exist in small towns of today? What do you think is the reason for this difference?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Tenska-Tawa and any other Prophet of history. What are their similarities and what are their differences? Who made a better spiritual leader and why? Is it possible the spiritual aspects of the true Tenskwatawa are downplayed in modern history due to their origins? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the decay of the land as predicted by Tenska-Tawa and Ta-Kumsaw. Does it come to pass? How or why not? Are the forest and the land still healthy? How do you know and what information can you offer and cite to support your conclusion?
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)