|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the ridge beam?
2. What do the people of Vigor Church call Armor?
3. What do people call Andrew Jackson?
4. How does Lolla-Wossiky put out his eye?
5. What does Alvin do for Lolla?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Armor-of-God wish to be governor?
2. Where does Alvin find the fruit that he isn't allowed to eat any more? Why is this?
3. What is interesting to Lolla regarding Alvin's command over the roaches within his home?
4. What does Napoleon Bonaparte do, and how does it make Frederic feel?
5. What is interesting about Becca's eyes?
6. For what reasons does Frederic don the amulet?
7. Who is the second person to greet Alvin, and for what kinds of things are both people looking?
8. For what does Ta-Kumsaw feel the people of the West will know him?
9. What kinds of things does Hooch notice upon entering Carthage City once again?
10. Why does Alvin suspect that no one greeted him when he came into town?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Hoochs' ability as a spark. What is the only thing that keeps him in check? How does this fail to deter him once he is threatened with death if he doesn't comply with Harrison's request? How does this act inevitably bring about Hoochs' demise?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Tenska-Tawa and any other Prophet of history. What are their similarities and what are their differences? Who made a better spiritual leader and why? Is it possible the spiritual aspects of the true Tenskwatawa are downplayed in modern history due to their origins? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Alvin's immunity to the Red man feeling what he was changing in the environment. How does this provide a convenient way for Alvin to save Measure and himself from torture? What do you think would have happened if Alvin had been noticed doing his knackery?
This section contains 1,706 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)