|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours does it take to track down the renegade Wee-Aw?
2. Why aren't Alvin and Measure going home?
3. What does Ta-Kumsaw say that he has come to do?
4. What is Measure to keep near him?
5. What does Ta-Kumsaw represent to Hooch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is there nothing left for Lolla to do?
2. Why does Armor-of-God wish to be governor?
3. What is interesting to Lolla regarding Alvin's command over the roaches within his home?
4. Why has no one ever called Eleanor a pretty woman?
5. Why does Alvin think he has failed in the Shining Man's request "to make all things whole"? What doesn't he understand?
6. What story does Ta-Kumsaw tell the red bird?
7. About what had Hooch and Harrison originally seen eye-to-eye?
8. What scares Alvin when he follows the Prophet and why does he do so?
9. How is Lolla-Wossiky humiliated?
10. What does Robespierre give to La Fayette and what is its purpose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the difference in Measure and Alvin's approach to family. What is the most important thing in regards to Measure, the thing that trumps all other considerations? Is this a narrow perspective? Explain. Is Alvin's concern a greater cause in general? With whose opinion do you identify and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the different social structures of government between the French and the Americans. Which structure is more efficient and how is it made so? Compare it to the efficiency of present government organizations. Which is the most efficient and how is that determined?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hoochs' ability as a spark. What is the only thing that keeps him in check? How does this fail to deter him once he is threatened with death if he doesn't comply with Harrison's request? How does this act inevitably bring about Hoochs' demise?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)