|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hooch break on the Corporal?
2. What is Measure to keep near him?
3. Of what is Armor convinced in regards to the disappearance of Alvin and Measure?
4. What does Alvin Miller Jr. do to his father?
5. How many barrels does the quartermaster want?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of things does Alvin do when the Chok-Taw try to torture the abducted boys?
2. About what had Hooch and Harrison originally seen eye-to-eye?
3. What is the difference between Alvin Miller Sr. and Armor-of-God's opinions regarding the abduction of Alvin and Measure?
4. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw kill Harrison?
5. What kinds of things does Hooch notice upon entering Carthage City once again?
6. What does Robespierre give to La Fayette and what is its purpose?
7. Why is there nothing left for Lolla to do?
8. Why does Lolla want to find his dream beast?
9. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw beat Lolla-Wossiky for drinking, when he beats any other Shaw-Nee for doing so?
10. What is the difference in the way Hooch is treated at Carthage City as opposed to the way he is treated by the US Marshals in Suskwahenny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how myths and legends become more magical over time. What can be attributed to these manipulations of data? How far back in history does fact become intermingled with legend and, therefore, indistinguishable? What kinds of things lead to their indistinguishable nature? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the difference in Measure and Alvin's approach to family. What is the most important thing in regards to Measure, the thing that trumps all other considerations? Is this a narrow perspective? Explain. Is Alvin's concern a greater cause in general? With whose opinion do you identify and why?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Ta-Kumsaw and Napoleon Bonaparte as generals. Who made the better leader and why? What characteristics does a general whose fame lasts throughout the ages possess? What must they have done to gain infamy?
This section contains 1,130 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)