|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scares Hooch?
2. What does Tenska-Tawa say in regards to alcohol?
3. What does the Cardinal attempt to use as a bribe for Queen Marie Antoinette?
4. Why ae the roaches gathered in Alvin Miller Jr.'s room?
5. What is Measure to keep near him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the objective of the wrassling match between Measure and Ta-Kumsaw?
2. Why does Alvin think he has failed in the Shining Man's request "to make all things whole"? What doesn't he understand?
3. Why does Armor-of-God wish to be governor?
4. What is different regarding the way Alvin changes things compared to the way other White men change things?
5. About what had Hooch and Harrison originally seen eye-to-eye?
6. How is "dying brave" kind of the Reds who catch the Wee-Aw?
7. What does Robespierre give to La Fayette and what is its purpose?
8. What scares Alvin when he follows the Prophet and why does he do so?
9. What story does Ta-Kumsaw tell the red bird?
10. How is Lolla-Wossiky humiliated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Tenska-Tawa and Ta-Kumsaw's belief patterns. Who is a better leader and how would you define a better leader? Why is that character a more successful leader?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hoochs' ability as a spark. What is the only thing that keeps him in check? How does this fail to deter him once he is threatened with death if he doesn't comply with Harrison's request? How does this act inevitably bring about Hoochs' demise?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the mutual animosity between the Reds and the Whites in the story. Do they have reason to fear each other? Why or why not? Is this a common theme throughout history? Explain.
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)