|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tenska-Tawa call Alvin Miller Jr.?
2. For how much money had Hooch's likker been sold?
3. In what way is Eleanor pretty?
4. What does Armor-of-God do that seems suspicious in light of recent events?
5. What does the Cardinal attempt to use as a bribe for Queen Marie Antoinette?
Short Essay Questions
1. What confuses Alvin in regards to the Shining Man's request and lesson?
2. Why does Alvin think he has failed in the Shining Man's request "to make all things whole"? What doesn't he understand?
3. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw kill Harrison?
4. Why has no one ever called Eleanor a pretty woman?
5. What is interesting to Lolla regarding Alvin's command over the roaches within his home?
6. Why is there nothing left for Lolla to do?
7. What is different regarding the way Alvin changes things compared to the way other White men change things?
8. What is the difference between Alvin Miller Sr. and Armor-of-God's opinions regarding the abduction of Alvin and Measure?
9. What scares Alvin when he follows the Prophet and why does he do so?
10. What message do the Reds intend to send home to Alvin and Measure's parents? How do they manage to do this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Tenska-Tawa and any other Prophet of history. What are their similarities and what are their differences? Who made a better spiritual leader and why? Is it possible the spiritual aspects of the true Tenskwatawa are downplayed in modern history due to their origins? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the decay of the land as predicted by Tenska-Tawa and Ta-Kumsaw. Does it come to pass? How or why not? Are the forest and the land still healthy? How do you know and what information can you offer and cite to support your conclusion?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Alvin's immunity to the Red man feeling what he was changing in the environment. How does this provide a convenient way for Alvin to save Measure and himself from torture? What do you think would have happened if Alvin had been noticed doing his knackery?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)