|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scares Hooch?
2. Wastenot comes in the house with what?
3. What does Alvin Miller Jr. do to his father?
4. What is Ta-Kumsaw's goal?
5. How does Frederic feel when Napoleon touches him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the objective of the wrassling match between Measure and Ta-Kumsaw?
2. When the Prophet abandons Alvin, what does Alvin witness on his own in the tornado?
3. How is Lolla-Wossiky humiliated?
4. Why does Armor-of-God wish to be governor?
5. What scares Alvin when he follows the Prophet and why does he do so?
6. Why does Alvin think he has failed in the Shining Man's request "to make all things whole"? What doesn't he understand?
7. What kinds of things does Alvin do when the Chok-Taw try to torture the abducted boys?
8. What message do the Reds intend to send home to Alvin and Measure's parents? How do they manage to do this?
9. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw beat Lolla-Wossiky for drinking, when he beats any other Shaw-Nee for doing so?
10. What does Napoleon Bonaparte do, and how does it make Frederic feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Governor Harrison as a character. What kinds of traits does he embody? How is he different from all of the other characters who seemed bad throughout the novel? What kinds of traits does he have that are positive? What kinds of traits does he have that could be considered negative?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Hoochs' ability as a spark. What is the only thing that keeps him in check? How does this fail to deter him once he is threatened with death if he doesn't comply with Harrison's request? How does this act inevitably bring about Hoochs' demise?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the different social structures of government between the French and the Americans. Which structure is more efficient and how is it made so? Compare it to the efficiency of present government organizations. Which is the most efficient and how is that determined?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)