|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many swallows does Lolla take from the keg?
2. What does Alvin Jr. say is in the other room?
3. Where does the white light gather?
4. What has Tom Jefferson done to make things worse regarding the Reds in Hooch's opinion?
5. How many barrels does the quartermaster want?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the primary suspects in Armor's mind in regards to the abductions?
2. What is the difference in the way Hooch is treated at Carthage City as opposed to the way he is treated by the US Marshals in Suskwahenny?
3. Why does Lolla want to find his dream beast?
4. Why does Armor-of-God wish to be governor?
5. What is the objective of the wrassling match between Measure and Ta-Kumsaw?
6. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw kill Harrison?
7. What does Robespierre give to La Fayette and what is its purpose?
8. What is interesting to Lolla regarding Alvin's command over the roaches within his home?
9. What does Napoleon Bonaparte do, and how does it make Frederic feel?
10. What story does Ta-Kumsaw tell the red bird?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the decay of the land as predicted by Tenska-Tawa and Ta-Kumsaw. Does it come to pass? How or why not? Are the forest and the land still healthy? How do you know and what information can you offer and cite to support your conclusion?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the mutual animosity between the Reds and the Whites in the story. Do they have reason to fear each other? Why or why not? Is this a common theme throughout history? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Caucasian and Native American relations since settlers arrived from Europe. Under what precedence did Caucasian people take over the land that had once belonged strictly to the native peoples?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)