|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up in the forest?
2. What does the Cardinal attempt to use as a bribe for Queen Marie Antoinette?
3. What does Mike Fink do upon Hooch's return?
4. Why ae the roaches gathered in Alvin Miller Jr.'s room?
5. Who is the first to voice their desire for blood for the deaths of Alvin and Measure?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw beat Lolla-Wossiky for drinking, when he beats any other Shaw-Nee for doing so?
2. What is different regarding the way Alvin changes things compared to the way other White men change things?
3. Why does Lolla want to find his dream beast?
4. What is the difference in the way Hooch is treated at Carthage City as opposed to the way he is treated by the US Marshals in Suskwahenny?
5. What is the objective of the wrassling match between Measure and Ta-Kumsaw?
6. How is Lolla-Wossiky humiliated?
7. Who are the primary suspects in Armor's mind in regards to the abductions?
8. What does Robespierre give to La Fayette and what is its purpose?
9. When the Prophet abandons Alvin, what does Alvin witness on his own in the tornado?
10. Why does Armor-of-God wish to be governor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What might have occurred had Alvin gone back with Measure and saved him as the torture was occurring? Would this have been more likely to have saved the Reds at Tippy-Canoe? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the search for a dream beast which Lolla-Wossiky endeavors. Is this a common theme among indigenous peoples? Is the reason for the search a true reason? Cite sources that prove your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss whether or not Alvin should have gone with Ta-Kumsaw. How did going with Measure end up being a more noble cause? What might Alvin have done to prevent the torture from taking place? Explain.
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)