|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whatis considered to be bad luck?
2. What scares Hooch?
3. What doesn't Alvin understand when Lolla has shown him?
4. What is a good knack for a general to have?
5. What do the Reds who find Alvin and Measure do to them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lolla want to find his dream beast?
2. How is "dying brave" kind of the Reds who catch the Wee-Aw?
3. Why does Alvin think he has failed in the Shining Man's request "to make all things whole"? What doesn't he understand?
4. What kinds of things does Alvin do when the Chok-Taw try to torture the abducted boys?
5. When the Prophet abandons Alvin, what does Alvin witness on his own in the tornado?
6. Why is there nothing left for Lolla to do?
7. What is interesting to Lolla regarding Alvin's command over the roaches within his home?
8. What does Harrison attempt to do to Hooch, and what is Hooch's response to this?
9. What kinds of signs does Tenska-Tawa offer his people to prove his legitimacy as a Prophet?
10. What story does Ta-Kumsaw tell the red bird?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Lolla-Wossiky's interpretation of Christianity. Discuss Armor and Thrower's interpretation of Red religion. Which appears, at first glance, to be more accurate? Which is portrayed in a better light in this novel? Explain how you have come to your conclusions and cite quotes from the book to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
What might have occurred had Alvin gone back with Measure and saved him as the torture was occurring? Would this have been more likely to have saved the Reds at Tippy-Canoe? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Hoochs' ability as a spark. What is the only thing that keeps him in check? How does this fail to deter him once he is threatened with death if he doesn't comply with Harrison's request? How does this act inevitably bring about Hoochs' demise?
This section contains 1,217 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)