|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Tom Jefferson done to make things worse regarding the Reds in Hooch's opinion?
2. What do the people of Vigor Church call Armor?
3. What does Mike Fink do upon Hooch's return?
4. What is missing from the White town where Lolla arrives?
5. Who draws up the treaty that says whites can't sell "likker" to Reds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw beat Lolla-Wossiky for drinking, when he beats any other Shaw-Nee for doing so?
2. What is the difference between Alvin Miller Sr. and Armor-of-God's opinions regarding the abduction of Alvin and Measure?
3. Why has no one ever called Eleanor a pretty woman?
4. Why is there nothing left for Lolla to do?
5. What scares Alvin when he follows the Prophet and why does he do so?
6. Who are the primary suspects in Armor's mind in regards to the abductions?
7. How is Lolla-Wossiky humiliated?
8. When the Prophet abandons Alvin, what does Alvin witness on his own in the tornado?
9. What kinds of signs does Tenska-Tawa offer his people to prove his legitimacy as a Prophet?
10. Why does Alvin think he has failed in the Shining Man's request "to make all things whole"? What doesn't he understand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the different social structures of government between the French and the Americans. Which structure is more efficient and how is it made so? Compare it to the efficiency of present government organizations. Which is the most efficient and how is that determined?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the mutual animosity between the Reds and the Whites in the story. Do they have reason to fear each other? Why or why not? Is this a common theme throughout history? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Compare American frontier towns to small towns that exist present day. What kinds of characteristics are similar and what things are different? Taking away technological advancement as a main difference, what other main differences exist in small towns of today? What do you think is the reason for this difference?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)