|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a White man do when he comes to a valley?
(a) He stays on top of the mountain to see the view.
(b) Both of these.
(c) He goes down into it to find what's there.
(d) Neither of these.
2. Why do bears kill White trappers?
(a) The land hates them.
(b) All of these.
(c) The land rejects them.
(d) The land refuses to accept them.
3. Of what did the forest smell?
(b) Charred buildings.
(d) Burnt bodies.
4. How does a Red usually kill a man, according to Mike Fink?
(a) Chopping off limbs.
(b) Cutting and burning.
(c) None of these.
(d) Breaking bones.
5. For a cause what will men of Napoleons army let die?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) Their wives.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Their children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Measure want to go home without Alvin?
2. Why does Alvin want to go with Ta-Kumsaw?
3. What name does Ta-Kumsaw call his daughter?
4. What does Old Hickory seize from the French?
5. Old Hickory won't let them search for whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ta-Kumsaw survive wounds that would have felled any other man and how do the enemy soldiers react to this?
2. What does Alvin figure has happened when he explains what the Chok-Taw have done to the saddles?
3. Why does La Fayette want Napoleon out of command?
4. What specifically hurts Alvin when he examines his brother?
5. What does Alvin know will happen by the third time he tells the story of what happened at Tippy-Canoe?
6. For what reasons does Frederic don the amulet?
7. What is interesting to note about the way Alvin makes the journey with Ta-Kumsaw?
8. Why doesn't Alvin leave when he is feeling so lonely in Ta-Kumsaw's presence?
9. What is the rule regarding the letters?
10. Where does Alvin find the fruit that he isn't allowed to eat any more? Why is this?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)