|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ta-Kumsaw feel about a White man at Eight Face Mound?
(a) That a White man brings destruction and can never be allowed there.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) That for a White man to stand there would be filthy.
2. Why does Alvin think that Napoleon is the most dangerous man in the world?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) He makes people obey without thought.
(c) He makes men love him without deserving it.
(d) Both of these.
3. Of what did the forest smell?
(b) Burnt bodies.
(d) Charred buildings.
4. What color are the leaves of the tree with the white fruit?
5. Why doesn't Mike Fink take Measure's other ear?
(a) All of these.
(b) It isn't a trophy.
(c) It isn't his kind of fight.
(d) It isn't a challenge at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frederic immediately put on the amulet?
2. How will the Prophet die?
3. For what does Measure keep wishing?
4. What has the White man won?
5. What is embroidered on the kerchief in Measure's hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tenska-Tawa promise his people as they wait to die?
2. What is the only way that Ta-Kumsaw can get to Alvin and why does he need to do so?
3. For what reasons does Frederic don the amulet?
4. What does Alvin know will happen by the third time he tells the story of what happened at Tippy-Canoe?
5. Why does La Fayette want Napoleon out of command?
6. Why is Measure offended that the Red men haven't treated him fairly in the Gatlopp?
7. What kinds of options does Measure have? How are these options merely illusions?
8. Why does Alvin believe there is some witchery involved in regards to Ta-Kumsaw?
9. What does Alvin figure has happened when he explains what the Chok-Taw have done to the saddles?
10. Why doesn't Alvin leave when he is feeling so lonely in Ta-Kumsaw's presence?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)