|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Frederic received?
(a) A message from Napoleon.
(b) Both of these.
(c) A message from the Governor.
(d) Neither of these.
2. What would Armor do to stop the massacre?
(a) All of these.
(b) Stand naked half the day in front of all the ladies in church.
(c) Do anything.
(d) Give up the breath in his lungs.
3. What is embroidered on the kerchief in Measure's hand?
4. How does Measure feel getting out of the cellar?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) That he is finally free.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Like he is swimming through dirt.
5. What does a White man do when he comes to a valley?
(a) Both of these.
(b) He stays on top of the mountain to see the view.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) He goes down into it to find what's there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Ta-Kumsaw and Old Hickory spreading?
2. How many faces are there on the Mound that don't have names?
3. What is Ta-Kumsaw's name in the Northern part of the White state of Appalachee?
4. Old Hickory won't let them search for whom?
5. How does Ta-Kumsaw feel about a White man at Eight Face Mound?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ta-Kumsaw convinced is the reason for Alvin's grief? What is Taleswapper's argument?
2. How does Mike Fink view life and death? Why isn't he proud of killing Measure?
3. Why does Alvin believe there is some witchery involved in regards to Ta-Kumsaw?
4. What does Taleswapper have in his bag?
5. For what reasons does Frederic don the amulet?
6. How do Alvin and Measure differ in the way they view their family?
7. What is White Murderer Harrison's curse?
8. What kinds of options does Measure have? How are these options merely illusions?
9. What does Napoleon tell Ta-Kumsaw to say to Alvin, and what is Alvin's response?
10. Why is Measure offended that the Red men haven't treated him fairly in the Gatlopp?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)