|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen to the blood of those who die?
(a) It won't be absorbed by the earth.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) It will flow into the river and Tenska-Tawa will hold it there.
(d) Both of these.
2. What does de Maurepas deny Ta-Kumsaw and his people?
(a) All of these.
3. What has the White man won?
(a) The victory over the Reds.
(b) The ability to be left alone.
(c) The dead land.
(d) All of these.
4. What kind of battle does Ta-Kumsaw wish to fight with Measure?
(a) A race.
(b) A wrassling match.
(c) All of these.
5. What name does Ta-Kumsaw call his daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Measure do while in the cell?
2. What do the people who find Measure call him?
3. Of what did the forest smell?
4. What brings Ta-Kumsaw to the house where Becca is?
5. Why does Measure take on the curse when he isn't obligated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is interesting to note about the way Alvin makes the journey with Ta-Kumsaw?
2. What is White Murderer Harrison's curse?
3. Why does La Fayette want Napoleon out of command?
4. What is the difference between the oath of a land at peace and an angry land?
5. Why does Alvin believe there is some witchery involved in regards to Ta-Kumsaw?
6. What is the rule regarding the letters?
7. What does Alvin know will happen by the third time he tells the story of what happened at Tippy-Canoe?
8. What specifically hurts Alvin when he examines his brother?
9. Why does La Fayette wish that Napoleon were merely a "vain posturer with a gift for seducing the loyalty of his betters"(266)?
10. How do Alvin and Measure differ in the way they view their family?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)