|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Alvin think that Napoleon is the most dangerous man in the world?
(a) He makes people obey without thought.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) He makes men love him without deserving it.
(d) Both of these.
2. Whose insight had it been to send General Bonaparte from France?
(a) De Maurepas.
(b) La Fayette.
(c) King Charles.
(d) General Bonaparte.
3. Why does Gilbert applaud a horrible show?
(a) Neither of these.
(b) It will ensure that the company guarantees financial success.
(c) Both of these.
(d) It will ensure that the company continues their plays.
4. Who is sent back to Vigor Church?
5. Why does Measure take on the curse when he isn't obligated?
(a) He reckons he would have done the same in their shoes.
(b) He is repulsed by the blood in the creek.
(c) All of these.
(d) He is gagging at the massacre around him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gilbert going to send to Frederic?
2. What will happen when Becca's daughter takes her place?
3. Why does Frederic immediately put on the amulet?
4. What does the ciphered letter contain?
5. What is the strong number, according to Ta-Kumsaw?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw walk away with his men when he has the chance?
2. What does Taleswapper have in his bag?
3. What does Tenska-Tawa promise his people as they wait to die?
4. Why doesn't Alvin leave when he is feeling so lonely in Ta-Kumsaw's presence?
5. What is the rule regarding the letters?
6. How do Alvin and Measure differ in the way they view their family?
7. Why is Measure offended that the Red men haven't treated him fairly in the Gatlopp?
8. Why does La Fayette wish that Napoleon were merely a "vain posturer with a gift for seducing the loyalty of his betters"(266)?
9. What is interesting to note about the way Alvin makes the journey with Ta-Kumsaw?
10. How does Mike Fink view life and death? Why isn't he proud of killing Measure?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)