|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Measure reveal to Ta-Kumsaw?
(a) His name and his brother's name are carved in the saddle.
(b) Both of these.
(c) His name is carved in the saddle.
(d) Neither of these.
2. What color are the leaves of the tree with the white fruit?
3. What will happen to the blood of those who die?
(a) It won't be absorbed by the earth.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) It will flow into the river and Tenska-Tawa will hold it there.
4. What color are the leaves at Eight Face Mound?
(d) None of these.
5. What does Mike Fink think of life?
(a) It is foolishly long.
(b) It is pointless, and death holds so many more possibilities than life.
(c) It is a contest, and death is what happens to those who are second best.
(d) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Ta-Kumsaw and Old Hickory spreading?
2. What does Taleswapper believe is Alvin's deepest wound?
3. Of what didn't Alvin have time to rid himself?
4. Who has Ta-Kumsaw come to meet in the valley?
5. What is Gilbert going to send to Frederic?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does La Fayette want Napoleon out of command?
2. Where does Alvin find the fruit that he isn't allowed to eat any more? Why is this?
3. What is the difference between the oath of a land at peace and an angry land?
4. What does Taleswapper have in his bag?
5. What is White Murderer Harrison's curse?
6. What do the Reds do when faced with death at the hand of the Whites?
7. How is Prophetstown a miraculous place?
8. Why is Measure offended that the Red men haven't treated him fairly in the Gatlopp?
9. For what reasons does Frederic don the amulet?
10. Why does La Fayette wish that Napoleon were merely a "vain posturer with a gift for seducing the loyalty of his betters"(266)?
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)