|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Armor do to stop the massacre?
(a) Do anything.
(b) Give up the breath in his lungs.
(c) Stand naked half the day in front of all the ladies in church.
(d) All of these.
2. What does Old Hickory seize from the French?
(a) All of these.
(b) Their muskets.
(c) Their powder and shot.
(d) Their cannons.
3. How does a Red usually kill a man, according to Mike Fink?
(a) None of these.
(b) Chopping off limbs.
(c) Cutting and burning.
(d) Breaking bones.
4. What kind of battle does Ta-Kumsaw wish to fight with Measure?
(a) All of these.
(b) A wrassling match.
(d) A race.
5. How do visions come to Taleswapper?
(a) In the form of sounds.
(b) In the form of visual stimuli.
(c) In the form of auditory hallucinations.
(d) In the form of words.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Napoleon charged?
2. What is Alvin to do in order to be a Red boy with Ta-Kumsaw?
3. Why does Alvin want to go with Ta-Kumsaw?
4. What is Gilbert going to send to Frederic?
5. Why doesn't Mike Fink take Measure's other ear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Alvin find the fruit that he isn't allowed to eat any more? Why is this?
2. Why does La Fayette wish that Napoleon were merely a "vain posturer with a gift for seducing the loyalty of his betters"(266)?
3. What is interesting about Becca's eyes?
4. What do the Reds do when faced with death at the hand of the Whites?
5. What does Taleswapper have in his bag?
6. What specifically hurts Alvin when he examines his brother?
7. Why does Alvin believe there is some witchery involved in regards to Ta-Kumsaw?
8. What kinds of options does Measure have? How are these options merely illusions?
9. How does Ta-Kumsaw survive wounds that would have felled any other man and how do the enemy soldiers react to this?
10. For what reasons does Frederic don the amulet?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)