|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gesture has Taleswapper brushed away too harshly?
(a) Ta-Kumsaw putting his hand on Taleswapper's arm.
(b) Ta-Kumsaw resting his arm on Taleswapper's shoulder.
(c) Ta-Kumsaw putting his finger to Taleswapper's lips.
(d) Ta-Kumsaw patting Taleswapper's head.
2. What would Armor do to stop the massacre?
(a) Stand naked half the day in front of all the ladies in church.
(b) Give up the breath in his lungs.
(c) Do anything.
(d) All of these.
3. Of what didn't Alvin have time to rid himself?
(a) The blood Ta-Kumsaw loses.
(b) Both of these.
(c) The pain Ta-Kumsaw sustains.
(d) Neither of these.
4. Who else is gathering an army?
(a) Andrew Jackson.
(b) Old Hickory.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Both of these.
5. What is the only thing that keeps the Prophet safe?
(a) His vow to do no harm.
(b) None of these.
(c) His oaths.
(d) Sheer numbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Old Hickory won't let them search for whom?
2. What is the first bone that is broken on Measure?
3. Why does Frederic immediately put on the amulet?
4. What is the only sentence that Ta-Kumsaw speaks to Alvin?
5. How many of the Reds are left?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Measure offended that the Red men haven't treated him fairly in the Gatlopp?
2. What does Tenska-Tawa promise his people as they wait to die?
3. How does Mike Fink view life and death? Why isn't he proud of killing Measure?
4. What do the Reds do when faced with death at the hand of the Whites?
5. What does Alvin know will happen by the third time he tells the story of what happened at Tippy-Canoe?
6. Why is Measure thankful that Alvin isn't with him?
7. For what reasons does Frederic don the amulet?
8. What is White Murderer Harrison's curse?
9. How is Prophetstown a miraculous place?
10. Where does Alvin find the fruit that he isn't allowed to eat any more? Why is this?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)