|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Measure do while in the cell?
(b) Shake in fear.
(c) Plot an escape.
2. Why does Measure take on the curse when he isn't obligated?
(a) He reckons he would have done the same in their shoes.
(b) He is gagging at the massacre around him.
(c) He is repulsed by the blood in the creek.
(d) All of these.
3. What does Mike Fink recognize about the "war"?
(a) It isn't his kind of fight.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) It isn't a war, it is a massacre.
(d) Both of these.
4. What does de Maurepas deny Ta-Kumsaw and his people?
(a) All of these.
5. What does the ciphered letter contain?
(a) The letter from Frederic to the King.
(b) The letter from Napoleon to Frederic.
(c) The letter from Gilbert to the King.
(d) All three letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people who find Measure call him?
2. What does de Maurepas call Old Hickory?
3. Who else is gathering an army?
4. How does a Red usually kill a man, according to Mike Fink?
5. What is Alvin to do in order to be a Red boy with Ta-Kumsaw?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Measure offended that the Red men haven't treated him fairly in the Gatlopp?
2. Why does Alvin believe there is some witchery involved in regards to Ta-Kumsaw?
3. How is Prophetstown a miraculous place?
4. What does Tenska-Tawa promise his people as they wait to die?
5. Why doesn't Alvin leave when he is feeling so lonely in Ta-Kumsaw's presence?
6. Why does La Fayette want Napoleon out of command?
7. What is the only way that Ta-Kumsaw can get to Alvin and why does he need to do so?
8. What does Alvin figure has happened when he explains what the Chok-Taw have done to the saddles?
9. How do Alvin and Measure differ in the way they view their family?
10. What is the rule regarding the letters?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)