|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the ridge beam?
(a) It falls on and kills Alvin Jr.
(b) It breaks in half on either side of Alvin Jr.
(c) It almost hits Alvin Jr.
(d) It breaks both of Alvin Jr.'s legs.
2. What do the people of Vigor Church call Armor?
(a) A no good do-gooder.
(b) A Red-sympathizer.
(c) A Red-lover.
(d) A coward.
3. What do people call Andrew Jackson?
(a) Mr. Ash.
(b) Mr. Hickory.
(c) Mr. Jackson.
(d) Mr. Birch.
4. How does Lolla-Wossiky put out his eye?
(a) A Red man does it, as punishment for drinking.
(b) Hunting accident.
(c) A white man does it.
(d) Trips and falls.
5. What does Alvin do for Lolla?
(a) Heals his missing eye.
(b) Cures his alcoholism.
(c) All of these.
(d) Returns his green silence to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alvin Jr. say is in the other room?
2. What does Alvin hear when he isn't focusing on running?
3. For how much money had Hooch's likker been sold?
4. What won't Armor let the people of Vigor Church build?
5. What does Hooch break on the Corporal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Armor-of-God wish to be governor?
2. Where does Alvin find the fruit that he isn't allowed to eat any more? Why is this?
3. What is interesting to Lolla regarding Alvin's command over the roaches within his home?
4. What does Napoleon Bonaparte do, and how does it make Frederic feel?
5. What is interesting about Becca's eyes?
6. For what reasons does Frederic don the amulet?
7. Who is the second person to greet Alvin, and for what kinds of things are both people looking?
8. For what does Ta-Kumsaw feel the people of the West will know him?
9. What kinds of things does Hooch notice upon entering Carthage City once again?
10. Why does Alvin suspect that no one greeted him when he came into town?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)