|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whatis considered to be bad luck?
(a) None of these.
(b) To accompany travelers to the borders of the town.
(c) To shed tears at the departure of a family member.
(d) To watch someone starting out on a long journey leave until they are out of sight.
2. Why aren't Alvin and Measure going home?
(a) Tenska-Tawa wants them.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) They cannot be escorted back there.
3. Where will White men stay, according to Tenska-Tawa?
(a) East of the Mizzipy.
(b) North of the Mizzipy.
(c) West of the Mizzipy.
(d) South of the Mizzipy.
4. What is Measure to keep near him?
(a) The amulet his mother has given him.
(b) The provisions his mother has packed for him.
(c) All of these.
(d) Alvin Miller Jr.
5. For what is Hooch arrested?
(a) Disparaging the Governor's wife.
(b) Causing a dry up of likker.
(c) Warrants issued because of his unpaid debt.
(d) Threatening the tame Red.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tenska-Tawa say in regards to alcohol?
2. By what is Frederic pleasantly surprised?
3. Armor feels as though he has to read the gospel because ______?
4. Why does Lolla-Wossiky cry when it grows bitterly cold every year?
5. Who pulls Alvin out of the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alvin think he has failed in the Shining Man's request "to make all things whole"? What doesn't he understand?
2. What kinds of things does Hooch notice upon entering Carthage City once again?
3. What does Harrison attempt to do to Hooch, and what is Hooch's response to this?
4. What kinds of things does Alvin do when the Chok-Taw try to torture the abducted boys?
5. What is the objective of the wrassling match between Measure and Ta-Kumsaw?
6. What does Robespierre give to La Fayette and what is its purpose?
7. About what had Hooch and Harrison originally seen eye-to-eye?
8. How is Lolla-Wossiky humiliated?
9. Why does Andrew Jackson feel dirty?
10. Why does Armor-of-God wish to be governor?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)