|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lolla-Wossiky steal?
(c) A keg.
(d) A gun.
2. What does Armor-of-God know without asking?
(a) All of these.
(b) Lolla is Shaw-Nee.
(c) Lolla is hungry.
(d) Lolla is drunk.
3. What had previously stopped Lolla from doing this?
(a) Black noise.
(b) His pride.
(c) His brother.
(d) A lack of availability.
4. What is Hooch?
(a) A maker.
(b) A pyromaniac.
(c) A spark.
(d) A torch.
5. Who shows up in the forest?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't Alvin Jr. understand is a miracle?
2. How many barrels does the quartermaster want?
3. How much whiskey does Governor Bill Harrison pour and gulp?
4. What is in the keg that Hooch has been trying to light?
5. Why ae the roaches gathered in Alvin Miller Jr.'s room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kinds of options does Measure have? How are these options merely illusions?
2. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw walk away with his men when he has the chance?
3. Why does Alvin think he has failed in the Shining Man's request "to make all things whole"? What doesn't he understand?
4. What is interesting about Becca's eyes?
5. What is the difference between the oath of a land at peace and an angry land?
6. What is the only way that Ta-Kumsaw can get to Alvin and why does he need to do so?
7. What is Ta-Kumsaw convinced is the reason for Alvin's grief? What is Taleswapper's argument?
8. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw beat Lolla-Wossiky for drinking, when he beats any other Shaw-Nee for doing so?
9. How does Mike Fink view life and death? Why isn't he proud of killing Measure?
10. Why does La Fayette wish that Napoleon were merely a "vain posturer with a gift for seducing the loyalty of his betters"(266)?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)