|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As what does Lolla Wossiky appear to the boy?
(a) A beast.
(b) None of these.
(c) A broken man.
(d) A Shining Man.
2. What is missing from the White town where Lolla arrives?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A stockade.
(c) A smithy.
(d) A courthouse.
3. How does Lolla-Wossiky put out his eye?
(a) Hunting accident.
(b) A white man does it.
(c) A Red man does it, as punishment for drinking.
(d) Trips and falls.
4. How much whiskey does Governor Bill Harrison pour and gulp?
(a) Three fingers.
(b) One finger.
(c) Two fingers.
(d) None of these.
5. What doesn't Alvin Jr. understand is a miracle?
(a) The way the roaches listen to him.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) The way the land fits itself to his desire.
(d) Both of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Armor-of-God do that seems suspicious in light of recent events?
2. Who draws up the treaty that says whites can't sell "likker" to Reds?
3. Why aren't Alvin and Measure going home?
4. Where does the white light gather?
5. Who shows up in the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scares Alvin when he follows the Prophet and why does he do so?
2. What message do the Reds intend to send home to Alvin and Measure's parents? How do they manage to do this?
3. What is the difference between Alvin Miller Sr. and Armor-of-God's opinions regarding the abduction of Alvin and Measure?
4. Why does Lolla want to find his dream beast?
5. Why has no one ever called Eleanor a pretty woman?
6. What is interesting to Lolla regarding Alvin's command over the roaches within his home?
7. Why does Andrew Jackson feel dirty?
8. How is "dying brave" kind of the Reds who catch the Wee-Aw?
9. Why does Armor-of-God wish to be governor?
10. What is the objective of the wrassling match between Measure and Ta-Kumsaw?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)