|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ta-Kumsaw say that he has come to do?
(a) Threaten them.
(b) All of these.
(c) Blackmail them.
(d) Warn them to uphold the treaty.
2. What do the Reds who find Alvin and Measure do to them?
(a) Cut them.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
(d) Slap them.
3. Whatis considered to be bad luck?
(a) None of these.
(b) To watch someone starting out on a long journey leave until they are out of sight.
(c) To accompany travelers to the borders of the town.
(d) To shed tears at the departure of a family member.
4. What do people call Andrew Jackson?
(a) Mr. Jackson.
(b) Mr. Hickory.
(c) Mr. Ash.
(d) Mr. Birch.
5. Why does Lolla-Wossiky cry when his brother shelters him from the White men?
(a) All the power his brother has over the land should rightfully be his too.
(b) Both of these.
(c) He feels the living land for the first time again in ages.
(d) Neither of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a good knack for a general to have?
2. What is Measure to keep near him?
3. What does Alvin think his father should do?
4. Why ae the roaches gathered in Alvin Miller Jr.'s room?
5. Why aren't Alvin and Measure going home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message do the Reds intend to send home to Alvin and Measure's parents? How do they manage to do this?
2. What is interesting about Becca's eyes?
3. About what had Hooch and Harrison originally seen eye-to-eye?
4. What does Tenska-Tawa promise his people as they wait to die?
5. What kinds of things does Hooch notice upon entering Carthage City once again?
6. What does Harrison attempt to do to Hooch, and what is Hooch's response to this?
7. Who is the second person to greet Alvin, and for what kinds of things are both people looking?
8. For what does Ta-Kumsaw feel the people of the West will know him?
9. What is Ta-Kumsaw convinced is the reason for Alvin's grief? What is Taleswapper's argument?
10. Why is Napoleon saddened and for what does he wish?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)