Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 1: Hooch
1. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw kill Harrison?
2. How is Lolla-Wossiky humiliated?
3. What is the difference in the way Hooch is treated at Carthage City as opposed to the way he is treated by the US Marshals in Suskwahenny?
4. Why does Andrew Jackson feel dirty?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 2: Ta-Kumsaw and Chapter 3: De Maurepas
5. Why doesn't Ta-Kumsaw beat Lolla-Wossiky for drinking, when he beats any other Shaw-Nee for doing so?
6. What story does Ta-Kumsaw tell the red bird?
This section contains 946 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)