|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does John consider a brother but argues with him over politics?
2. Who blames herself/himself for the death of the person that rescues the rover that is run aground?
3. How do people get out of the rover and travel on the surface of Mars?
(a) Using streamers.
(b) Using strippers.
(c) Using walkers.
(d) Using volleys.
4. After a dust storm abates, where does John organize a celebration that coincides with Sax's burn up of the ice asteroid in the atmosphere?
(c) Olympus Mons.
5. What group is blocking communications while Nadia tries to repair water mains?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Arkady is walking to his office, he sees a hole appear in the tent above. What body part does he suddenly see ablaze?
2. What lost group visited the Arab colony that occupies a new transnational mining site?
3. Who is the friend of Hiroko that hates terraforming?
4. Who takes a glider to see Ann in Argye Basin to investigate the destruction of the moholes?
5. Which tent workers strike, leading to negotiations by Frank and Phyllis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nadia emerge as a heroine during the revolution through her work?
2. What does Frank learn from meeting the miners from Florida?
3. Why does John have conflicting feelings about terraforming and transnationals?
4. How is Ann reunited with her son?
5. Why do Frank and Maya argue and separate after he has a dream?
6. Why is Ann depressed on Mars even when Michel offers the promise of survival?
7. Why does Ann crumble in mental stability as the destruction of Mars occurs?
8. How does Arkady explain the need for money, depending upon the kind of world one lives in?
9. How does Phyllis's desire for money become apparent through her efforts on Mars?
10. How is John revealed as a complex personality in Part 5?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)