|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Frank's office complaining of conditions and extortion by UNOMA forces?
2. What is raging beside the rover that is run aground?
(d) A flood.
3. What is the crater called that Ann and Simon get trapped in?
4. What process was used to create John's son using his sperm?
(a) In vitro.
5. Who is beside herself/himself in grief at the death of a lover in the final chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asserts there are "guns under the table," indicating hidden interests?
2. Who appears on Arkady's screen and demands surrender?
3. Who are at the bottom of a mohole in Part 5?
4. In what kind of world does Arkady insist that money is not the primary goal?
5. In order to maintain control over Earth, what two countries have to maintain control over Mars?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the shifting political agendas on Earth reflected in the mining efforts on Mars and how does this affect John?
2. On the fourteenth day of the revolution, why does Arkady's arm go up in flames?
3. How does Nadia emerge as a heroine during the revolution through her work?
4. Why is Ann depressed on Mars even when Michel offers the promise of survival?
5. How does Peter Clayborne escape death?
6. When riots begin in Mars, what does Frank discover as the city is in revolution?
7. Why does Ann crumble in mental stability as the destruction of Mars occurs?
8. How is Ann reunited with her son?
9. How does Frank disappear, trying to save his companions?
10. How does Frank respond after learning the treaty has failed?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)