|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sax's headquarters called?
(a) Etsu Okakura.
(b) Senzeni Nather.
(c) Echus Overlook.
2. Who realizes just how easy it is to sabotage Martian towns?
3. In what kind of world does Arkady insist that money is not the primary goal?
4. What is destroyed that causes Ann to panic, fearing for the life of her son?
(a) A parachute.
(b) A business relay.
(c) An elevator cable.
(d) A death star.
5. Whose remains does Nadia find in the crater full of dead bodies?
Short Answer Questions
1. On the fourteenth day of the revolution, what asteroid is blown up?
2. Who appears on Arkady's screen and demands surrender?
3. What is the crater where Nadia's team finds hundreds of dead bodies, reduced to ash?
4. Who informs Frank that his corporation is opening an office in Ethiopia?
5. Where does Frank travel to find that Arkady is leading part of the revolution at Carr Crater?
Short Essay Questions
1. When riots begin in Mars, what does Frank discover as the city is in revolution?
2. How does Phyllis's desire for money become apparent through her efforts on Mars?
3. How does Frank negotiate for the treaty on Mars, and how do Maya and others respond to his efforts?
4. After Frank's office is flooded with immigrants, why does he decide to go to Phyllis for help?
5. What does Frank learn from meeting the miners from Florida?
6. What is the significance of the stone eye teeth?
7. How does Arkady explain the need for money, depending upon the kind of world one lives in?
8. Why does John have conflicting feelings about terraforming and transnationals?
9. What does Arkady's assertion that there are "guns under the table" foreshadow in the chapters after Part 5?
10. How does it does become clear that the terraforming effort is not working as planned, affecting Mars in destructive ways?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)