|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is angry with Frank for rejecting her affection?
2. Who is the head of the missing colonists that Simon discovers at the end of the book?
3. Who has a dream of John and then fights with Maya?
4. Who blames herself/himself for the death of the person that rescues the rover that is run aground?
5. Who funds Phyllis's camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the friend of Hiroko that hates terraforming?
2. Who informs Frank that his corporation is opening an office in Ethiopia?
3. Who appears on Arkady's screen and demands surrender?
4. When John asks AI to scan his room, what does he discover on his bed?
5. What promise does the hidden inside of the rock offer the traveling rover group?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peter Clayborne escape death?
2. Why is Ann depressed on Mars even when Michel offers the promise of survival?
3. What is the significance of the stone eye teeth?
4. How are the shifting political agendas on Earth reflected in the mining efforts on Mars and how does this affect John?
5. How does Frank disappear, trying to save his companions?
6. Why does Ann crumble in mental stability as the destruction of Mars occurs?
7. What are Helmut's motivations for working on Mars?
8. How does Frank respond after learning the treaty has failed?
9. What is important about maintaining a base on Mars in relationship to Earth?
10. How does Arkady explain the need for money, depending upon the kind of world one lives in?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)