|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 5, who is disillusioned and beginning to realize that his government used false pretenses to get the first hundred to Mars?
2. What has UNOMA approved that makes Sax believe security should be increased?
(a) A corporate haul.
(b) A mohole.
(c) An ice bridge.
(d) A space elevator.
3. Where does the surviving group of colonists take shelter days after Ann's suicide attempt?
(a) In a church.
(b) In a tomb.
(c) In a monastery.
(d) In a cavern.
4. Who is on his way to Cairo to meet Frank and Maya when his rover breaks down?
5. If aging treatments are given to the rich, who will revolt?
(a) The poor.
(b) The politicians.
(c) The rich.
(d) The middle class.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do people get out of the rover and travel on the surface of Mars?
2. Nadia and Maya feel competent driving the group over ____.
3. Who is Ann's lover?
4. What rains down upon Frank and his group that is sent by forces orbiting Phobos?
5. What process was used to create John's son using his sperm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frank disappear, trying to save his companions?
2. How is John revealed as a complex personality in Part 5?
3. On the fourteenth day of the revolution, why does Arkady's arm go up in flames?
4. How does it does become clear that the terraforming effort is not working as planned, affecting Mars in destructive ways?
5. What does Arkady's assertion that there are "guns under the table" foreshadow in the chapters after Part 5?
6. Why do Frank and Maya argue and separate after he has a dream?
7. Why are the primary hundred going to be executed?
8. How does Ann try commit suicide?
9. How does Frank negotiate for the treaty on Mars, and how do Maya and others respond to his efforts?
10. Why does Nadia blow up the space station?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)