|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the landing of what spaceships, did humans learn about Mars?
(a) Mariner and Viking.
(b) Mariner and Munich.
(c) Othello and Lush.
(d) Viking and Troll.
2. What does Michel think he is in terms of the psychiatric program?
(a) A fighter.
(b) A dreamer.
(c) An optimist.
(d) A melancholic.
3. Who is homesick and awakened by calls from Phyllis about Maya?
4. Who develops genetically engineered microorganisms, or GEMS, that can survive on the planet?
5. Who angrily sets off, disturbed by suggestions to take action against John for his treaty beliefs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the landscape religion called?
2. Who on Phobos does Nadia talk to about the issues on the Mars colony?
3. Who wants prospecting on Mars?
4. In what love triangle does Nadia find herself struggling to escape?
5. What is the index of autonomic balance called?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nadia recognize that their technology is advanced and causes changes to Mars?
2. Where is John's body found, and why can't Frank revive him?
3. How does Maya get involved in a sexual relationship with Frank on her off time from drills?
4. Why is Nadia uncomfortable talking to Maya and what makes her long to escape the group?
5. Why does Frank wear a mask during the celebration, and how does it make him feel?
6. When Maya talks to Michel about her love life problems, how does he respond?
7. How does terraforming create two opposing groups at Ares?
8. What does Nadia notice when her expedition returns to the Ares colony?
9. How does Nadia lose her finger?
10. Why are GEMS made by the scientists?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)