|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the leader of the Russian group of colonizers?
2. What threatens the flight pattern of the spaceship Nadia is on?
(a) A volcano.
(b) A dust storm.
(c) A space fight.
(d) An asteroid.
3. What is the landscape religion called?
4. What technology does the ship have to mimic life on Earth?
(a) Fading lights.
(b) Built-in sensors.
(c) Emergency lights.
(d) Grow sensors.
5. Whose disappearance foreshadows problems for the farm group?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reminds Nadia that terraforming will destroy the pole?
2. Who talks Arkady into waiting for the UN to decide on whether to terraform?
3. Who wants prospecting on Mars?
4. Who steals several pesticide patches from a farm?
5. Who stays with the mining site after much arguing and communication with the two governments involved in the Mars project?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maya initially feel about John and Frank and their relationship?
2. How does Michel evaluate people psychologically on Mars?
3. How does the Ares crew build a calendar?
4. How does Maya get involved in a sexual relationship with Frank on her off time from drills?
5. Why does Nadia get furious when she sees the broken heating element?
6. When Maya talks to Michel about her love life problems, how does he respond?
7. How is Maya described in Part 2?
8. When did people learn about life on other planets, according to the first chapter?
9. Why does Selim get angry after talking to Frank about John?
10. Why do people like Michel fail to do well on Mars, according to his theory?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)