|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is attracted to the landscape religion and its society because it allows people to thrive and participate in it?
2. Who does Maya find intriguing more than attractive?
3. Whom does Frank accuse of trying to block him from the treaty rewrite?
4. Who is the leader of the Russian group of colonizers?
5. Who is the man with dreadlocks watching Frank?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are against prospecting on Mars?
2. Who is the psychiatrist sent to McMurdo Station in Antarctica with a hundred and fifty finalist scientists?
3. Who angrily sets off, disturbed by suggestions to take action against John for his treaty beliefs?
4. Who is assigned to Phobos to transform the moon into a space station?
5. What does Nadia become well known for as she works on Mars?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nadia get furious when she sees the broken heating element?
2. How does Nadia lose her finger?
3. How does Nadia recognize that their technology is advanced and causes changes to Mars?
4. Why does Frank wear a mask during the celebration, and how does it make him feel?
5. How does Frank fool Selim, and how does Selim respond when Frank speaks badly of John to him for a second time?
6. When Michel is disturbed by a dark skinned man, what ends up happening to him that leaves him naked?
7. What are the major themes of Red Mars by Robinson?
8. When did people learn about life on other planets, according to the first chapter?
9. How does terraforming create two opposing groups at Ares?
10. How is population size controlled within the GEM and how does it adapt to plant life?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)