|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nadia become well known for as she works on Mars?
(a) A grant writer.
(b) A builder.
(c) A fighter.
(d) A problem solver.
2. Who tells Maya that John has been attacked?
3. Who begins secretly sending taped messages to Washington, asking to stop the terraforming?
4. Who does Maya walk in the bioforest with?
5. Who has to take a drill simulation job?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who argues the team should go to the polar cap to take samples?
2. Who are against prospecting on Mars?
3. What is falling apart and has damaged the surface of Mars according to Nadia?
4. What is the name of the suit designed for walking on the surface of Mars?
5. Who are the newcomers from Earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Michel is disturbed by a dark skinned man, what ends up happening to him that leaves him naked?
2. Why does Maya think she is hallucinating in the fields?
3. Why is Nadia uncomfortable talking to Maya and what makes her long to escape the group?
4. Why does Frank wear a mask during the celebration, and how does it make him feel?
5. How does Maya get involved in a sexual relationship with Frank on her off time from drills?
6. Why do people like Michel fail to do well on Mars, according to his theory?
7. What is areophany and how is it in tune with nature?
8. How are the first hundred colonists selected to go to Mars?
9. How does terraforming create two opposing groups at Ares?
10. What does Maya initially feel about John and Frank and their relationship?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)