|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michel think he is in terms of the psychiatric program?
(a) A fighter.
(b) An optimist.
(c) A melancholic.
(d) A dreamer.
2. Who is working on an impact hammer when it malfunctions?
3. Who introduces Frank to speak to the people of Nicosia?
4. According to the landscape religion, how can people live on Mars?
(a) In harmony with the planet.
(b) Neutralizing the planet.
(c) Fighting against the planet.
(d) Destroying the planet.
5. Who attempts to portray Christ as a literary figure and is rebutted by Phyllis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What technology does the ship have to mimic life on Earth?
2. Of the final hundred that would travel to Mars as the first colonizers, how many are women?
3. What does Nadia become well known for as she works on Mars?
4. What is the group that wishes to forgo terraforming?
5. After the landing of what spaceships, did humans learn about Mars?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Maya talks to Michel about her love life problems, how does he respond?
2. Why does Maya get involved sexually with John?
3. Why is Nadia uncomfortable talking to Maya and what makes her long to escape the group?
4. How does Michel evaluate people psychologically on Mars?
5. Why are GEMS made by the scientists?
6. How does Maya get involved in a sexual relationship with Frank on her off time from drills?
7. What is areophany and how is it in tune with nature?
8. Where is John's body found, and why can't Frank revive him?
9. Why do people like Michel fail to do well on Mars, according to his theory?
10. What are the major themes of Red Mars by Robinson?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)