|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are in the dining hall, watching the news as they hear of revolutions surrounding the new birth reduction acts on Earth?
(a) John and Nadia.
(b) Arkady and Ursula.
(c) Sax and Frank.
(d) Frank and Maya.
2. What organization is Helmut in charge of?
3. Who has a dream of John and then fights with Maya?
4. Who does John consider a brother but argues with him over politics?
5. Who is disappointed terraforming will be negatively affected and believes the treaty will make no difference?
6. What is Ann's son waiting for to take him away to safety from the cracked dome?
(a) A truck.
(b) A space convoy.
(c) An elevator.
(d) A landing pad.
7. Who spends several months with an Arab caravan, mining, and spending time alone?
8. What is vital for continued economical and social existence on Earth?
(a) A weak position on Earth.
(b) A strong position on Mars.
(c) A strong position on Earth.
(d) A weak position on Mars.
9. Who runs the rover aground when she is distracted?
10. In what basin does Nadia see a sea of ice and water?
11. What is the new transnational mining site where John learns about an Arab colony?
(c) Bradbury Point.
12. What is raging beside the rover that is run aground?
(a) A flood.
13. Who encourages Frank to give a speech to the striking Russian workers?
14. Who takes a glider to see Ann in Argye Basin to investigate the destruction of the moholes?
15. What is the crater called that Ann and Simon get trapped in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nadia and Maya feel competent driving the group over ____.
2. What does Ann turn off in her suit, awaiting death?
3. Who is the friend of Hiroko that hates terraforming?
4. When stock prices begin to fall, what does the elevator consortium slow down?
5. Who questions if Ann Clayborne or Arkady is responsible for the destruction of the moholes?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)