|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is angry with Frank for rejecting her affection?
2. Who spends several months with an Arab caravan, mining, and spending time alone?
3. What forces increase their attacks on John, revealing that those forces are simply and arm of the governments and transnational corporations attempting to maintain a hold on the planet?
4. What has UNOMA approved that makes Sax believe security should be increased?
(a) An ice bridge.
(b) A corporate haul.
(c) A mohole.
(d) A space elevator.
5. Who is on the treaty commission as a voting party?
6. Who is on his way to Cairo to meet Frank and Maya when his rover breaks down?
7. What lost group visited the Arab colony that occupies a new transnational mining site?
8. Who is disappointed terraforming will be negatively affected and believes the treaty will make no difference?
9. What is the crater called that Ann and Simon get trapped in?
10. What do Ann and Simon send when they are trapped inside a crater?
(a) A distress signal.
(b) A phone call.
(c) A note.
(d) A flag.
11. What rains down upon Frank and his group that is sent by forces orbiting Phobos?
12. Who blames herself/himself for the death of the person that rescues the rover that is run aground?
13. Where is the village located from which the missing colonists emerge at the end of the book?
(a) On the surface.
(b) In a spaceship.
(c) In trees.
14. Who encourages Frank to give a speech to the striking Russian workers?
15. Where does Frank arrive to talk to Phyllis to stop people from going to Mars?
(c) Nature's Edge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Frank that his corporation is opening an office in Ethiopia?
2. Nadia and Maya feel competent driving the group over ____.
3. Who is involved in negotiations about giving up land on Mars for money?
4. What town does Nadia help rebuild using robots?
5. Who takes a train to see Helmut Bronsi?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)