|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is homesick and awakened by calls from Phyllis about Maya?
2. According to the psychiatrist program, what is Nadia?
3. Who plans to fertilize her eggs using sperm from all the men on the Ares?
4. Who develops a new calendar to track the 668 day Martian year?
(c) The crew.
(d) The astronauts.
5. Who notes it is ridiculous to stop terraforming for low probability life that may not even be affected by it?
6. Of the final hundred that would travel to Mars as the first colonizers, how many are women?
7. Who reminds Nadia that terraforming will destroy the pole?
8. What is the group that wishes to forgo terraforming?
9. Who is the leader of the group that supports terraforming?
10. What is the index of autonomic balance called?
11. In terms of ecological economics, what does the landscape religion promote about an individual in the society?
(a) Fight the environment.
(b) Give as much as he/she takes.
(c) Live in opposition to it.
(d) Rebuild the environment.
12. Along the way to the pole, what does the Ares crew install?
(a) Polar ice caps.
(b) Radiation surveys.
(c) Permafrost water collectors.
(d) Robot freight rovers.
13. Who does Maya find intriguing more than attractive?
14. Who are both Frank and John attracted to?
15. Who does Nadia get angry with after discovering that the terraforming of Mars has begun?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did everyone do to join the team of Ares crew members?
2. How many rooms does the space ship carrying the colonizers have?
3. Frank point outs that _____ does not like Americans or Russians.
4. Who stays with the mining site after much arguing and communication with the two governments involved in the Mars project?
5. Frank seeks out ______ to talk with but gets interrupted by sounds of violence.
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)