|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supplies new information about Amelia?
2. What is David's last name?
3. What gift does Harper buy for Hayley?
4. Which old time detective is referenced?
5. How old is Hayley?
Short Essay Questions
1. Roz comes to talk to Hayley about Harper. What does Roz say?
2. Discuss Amelia's next appearance.
3. What happens when Hayley decides to buy a new car?
4. A letter is found that details Amelia's ordeal. Discuss the letter.
5. What are Hayley's feelings toward Amelia?
6. Discuss the scene in which Hayley is able to see through Amelia's eyes.
7. Discuss the gift Harper buys for Hayley.
8. What is Harper's reaction to Hayley's sympathy toward Amelia?
9. Explain the discussion between Hayley, Harper and Mitch regarding the dream.
10. What do Harper and David do next?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the hauntings at Harper House. Roz and Harper realize that Amelia has been with the family for far longer than they had ever expected. Not all of Amelia's actions were negative. Describe the hauntings at the house and the actions of Amelia as it relates to the house and various members of the family.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the work that takes place at the nursery. Which characters work there? What are their roles? What type of goods and services are provided by the Harper-Ashbys? Does the story give a clear picture of the family business?
Essay Topic 3
Harper has a special fondness and skill for grafting plants and for creating hybrids. Discuss in detail Harper's work and how it is done. Examine the value of Harper's skills and how they affect the business. Also, discuss how Harper creates new plants for loved ones.
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)