|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the woman's son?
2. What is Amelia's last name?
3. What is the name of the woman's baby?
4. The note left in Harper's kitchen is written using which of the following?
5. Who leaves the note in Harper's kitchen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the incident with Amelia during the storm.
2. What are Harper's thoughts about Hayley? What are Hayley's thoughts about Harper?
3. What is Hayley's situation? How did she come to Harper House?
4. Discuss the conversation held between Hayley and Stella in Stella's kitchen.
5. What is Amelia's reaction to the news of her baby's death?
6. Discuss Hayley's childhood.
7. Explain Harper's experience with Amelia in the carriage house.
8. Discuss the scene in which Harper shows photographs to Mitch.
9. What occurs when Hayley and Lily visit Harper at the carriage house?
10. How does Reginald act toward Amelia after the baby's birth? What is Amelia's reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Nora Roberts is well known as a prolific and successful author of many series and novels. Read a biography on Nora Roberts. Learn about her life, career as a writer, etc. Create a character description as if Roberts was one of her own characters. How might Roberts portray herself in a novel? Would she be a detective, villain, or victim? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
There is a strong connection between Amelia and Hayley due to a number of factors. What are the factors? Who chose to open the connection? Compare and contrast Hayley and Amelia's circumstances and their connections to each other and to Harper House.
Essay Topic 3
Examine Nora Roberts' In the Garden trilogy. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Roz Harper Ashby. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. What might Roz do next? How might Roz's adventures change in future books?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)