|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hayley ordered ____ and hush puppies for dinner.
2. What is the name of the young mother in the modern day story?
3. What is the name of Rosalind's son?
4. On which street is the restaurant where Hayley and Harper have dinner?
5. What is the surname of the housekeeper?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hayley feel left out? Why does she think that it is time to move?
2. What are Harper's thoughts about Hayley? What are Hayley's thoughts about Harper?
3. What occurs when Hayley and Lily visit Harper at the carriage house?
4. Discuss the scene in the modern day Harper House.
5. What traumatic event has happened to the woman?
6. What is Harper's explanation for Hayley's behavior?
7. Explain Hayley's irrational behavior at work.
8. Who is David? What is his advice to Hayley?
9. Explain Harper's experience with Amelia in the carriage house.
10. How does Reginald act toward Amelia after the baby's birth? What is Amelia's reaction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Amelia and Reginald. Did Reginald have any legal ties to Amelia? Did Reginald commit a crime by taking the baby? What legal recourse would Amelia have? How did the relationship begin and end? What did Beatrice say about it?
Essay Topic 2
There is a strong connection between Amelia and Hayley due to a number of factors. What are the factors? Who chose to open the connection? Compare and contrast Hayley and Amelia's circumstances and their connections to each other and to Harper House.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short story from Amelia's point of view if she lived at Harper House in modern times. How might Amelia be different? What would her role be at Harper House?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)