|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the place where Amelia's mother worked?
(a) Adams Hill.
(b) Mountain View.
2. What was Hayley originally going to name Lily?
3. Lily calls out to ____, calling him "da-da."
4. What type of business is operated at the mansion?
(a) Tourist attraction.
(c) Antique shop.
(d) Horse farm.
5. What is the name of the mansion?
(a) Harper House.
(b) Rudolph Mansion.
(d) Willow Place.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city does the story begin?
2. What color is Hayley's hair in the dream?
3. Where is Hayley's hometown?
4. What is the name of the family at the house?
5. What is the name of the woman's baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Mitch's interest in learning more about Amelia.
2. What is Amelia's reaction to the news of her baby's death?
3. What event was caused by Hayley's grief?
4. Why does Hayley feel left out? Why does she think that it is time to move?
5. What happens when Amelia arrives at Harper House?
6. Explain Harper's experience with Amelia in the carriage house.
7. Discuss the scene in which Harper shows photographs to Mitch.
8. Explain the opening scene of the prologue. Who is the woman and what is her situation?
9. Discuss Hayley's personality.
10. What are Harper's thoughts about Hayley? What are Hayley's thoughts about Harper?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)