Prologue - Chapter 4
• The story opens in 1893 in Memphis
• A crazed woman approaches Harper House.
• The woman, a former mistress of Reginald Harper, had once been revered.
• The woman, Amelia, is now penniless and consumed with grief.
• Amelia was told that her baby had been stillborn.
• Reginald had stolen the son to raise as his own.
• Reginald ends the affair.
• Amelia goes to Harper House to reclaim her son.
• Amelia meets Beatrice, Reginald's wife.
• Amelia is sent away.
• Amelia commits suicide.
• The story turns to present day Memphis (2005).
• Hayley, a single mother, rocks her fussy baby.
• Hayley sees Amelia's ghost.
• Hayley thinks about her adopted family.
• Roz and Mitch are on their honeymoon.
• Hayley will have to find another place to live.
• David, the house manager, prepares for Roz's return.
• Roz asks Hayley to stay.
• Hayley has a crush on Roz's son, Harper.
• The family business is discussed...
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)