|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in the portrait that Dolarhyde believes for a moment to be his grandmother?
2. What does Dolarhyde check to make sure the guards don't have?
3. What is not in the trunk that Dolarhyde opens?
4. What did the police NOT encounter on the way to Dolarhyde's house?
5. What does Reba say most people think about Dolarhyde?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Reba and Dolarhyde sleep together he puts her hand on his face. What does this symbolize for Dolarhyde? What does it show about the relationship between the two of them?
Essay Topic 2
Graham's marriage is slowly falling apart. What is shown between these two characters that gives a glimpse of hope that they can make the marriage work? What happens that foreshadows the marriage failing?
Essay Topic 3
Graham honestly seems to hate the ability he has to delve into the killer's mind. Would Graham be better at what he does if he didn't hate what his ability did to him? What is it about Graham's attributes that makes him hate his job? Explain.
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)