|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Graham think is the connection between the two murdered families?
2. Why does the fire investigator tell the police there may not be any remains of Dolarhyde found?
3. What does Graham realize about Dolarhyde's actions?
4. What does Dolarhyde think gave him away?
5. What does Reba smell when they get to Dolarhyde's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dolarhyde do when he sees Reba kiss Ralph Mandy?
2. What does Dolarhyde tell Reba about the Leeds family and the Jacobi family?
3. What does Graham dream about in the end of Chapter 54 while in the hospital?
4. After Graham is given the remains of the killer from the charred house site what does he wonder about?
5. What does Graham find when the DC-3 plane lands in Chapter 52?
6. What does the Dragon offer Dolarhyde in Chapter 44?
7. Who does the Dragon demand to have in Chapter 37?
8. What is the trouble with finding Dolarhyde's home?
9. While in the hospital what does Graham tell Reba?
10. Why does Crawford worry about Graham and think about pulling him out of the empty court room in Chapter 32?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In chapter 30, Graham states that he can't go home until he catches the killer. Explain the reasons that he feels it necessary to catch this monster before he can go back to his normal life. Would Graham feel the same way if the killer didn't have his home address?
Essay Topic 2
Graham and Molly lost a lot while he was working on the case. Could their marriage be salvaged? Why or why not? Was Graham putting the case, or his need to work, before his marriage and family? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
What does Graham mean when he says that "we make murder, and it matters only to us."? Is this correct? Explain.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)