|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Molly hit Dolarhyde with as he hits Graham with the knife?
2. Who is in the portrait that Dolarhyde believes for a moment to be his grandmother?
3. What happens to Dolarhyde?
4. What were the police hoping to use to identify the killer but proves to be a dead end?
5. What is Aunt Lula?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dolarhyde looking for and making note of when he goes to the Brooklyn Museum in Chapter 39?
2. What does Dolarhyde do when he sees Reba kiss Ralph Mandy?
3. When Dolarhyde takes Reba to his home what is the film that they watch before they make love?
4. What does the letter from Dr. Lecter say that Graham receives while in the hospital?
5. Describe Dolarhyde's reaction to the painting of George Washington in the Brooklyn Museum.
6. What does Graham dream about in the end of Chapter 54 while in the hospital?
7. Who does the Dragon demand to have in Chapter 37?
8. After Graham is given the remains of the killer from the charred house site what does he wonder about?
9. Why does Crawford worry about Graham and think about pulling him out of the empty court room in Chapter 32?
10. What does Molly tell Graham when they get home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Reba is kidnapped she thinks to herself that Dolarhyde is "crazy" and says that crazy is a fearsome word? In what ways is it fearsome? Is she right by saying that he is crazy? How does this information impact her later on in the story when she realizes she has made love to a murderer? Had Dolarhyde been that good at hiding who and what he was from Reba?
Essay Topic 2
After Dolarhyde eats the painting of the Dragon he tells himself that he can "choose anything now." Explain why this didn't free him as he believed it would. Could this act have freed him had later circumstances been different? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
After Reba and Dolarhyde sleep together he puts her hand on his face. What does this symbolize for Dolarhyde? What does it show about the relationship between the two of them?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)