|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Dragon tell Dolarhyde he must do if he wants help?
2. Who does Graham receive a letter from while going over the tape of Lounds and the killer?
3. When Graham opened the car door after arriving home what was the first thing he heard?
4. What has Dolarhyde made an appointment for?
5. What does Dolarhyde think gave him away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Dragon offer Dolarhyde in Chapter 44?
2. Why are the police anxious to have a profile of the killer in Chapter 34?
3. What happens when Dolarhyde appears at Graham's house?
4. What strikes Graham as odd about the killer showing up at the Brooklyn Museum?
5. What is Dolarhyde looking for and making note of when he goes to the Brooklyn Museum in Chapter 39?
6. What does Dolarhyde tell Reba about the Leeds family and the Jacobi family?
7. When Dolarhyde has a discussion with the Dragon in Chapter 37 what are the main differences in the two personalities?
8. What takes place in the phone call between Graham and Molly and Willy in Chapter 40?
9. When Dolarhyde takes Reba to his home what is the film that they watch before they make love?
10. What is the trouble with finding Dolarhyde's home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dolarhyde's only word that he says while at the Graham's house is "Muhner" or Mother pronounced just as he had before his corrective surgery. Why was this his last word and what does it reveal about Dolarhyde? What effect did his death have on Molly? Did she blame Graham or simply associate him with the events? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Dolarhyde watches Reba kiss Ralph Mandy and it hurts him. Why does Dolarhyde kill Ralph Mandy? Explain - 'Seeing Reba kiss Mandy had stabbed Dolarhyde deep. Then the pain left him for good.' What does it mean that it left him for good? Is this an omniscient view of Dolarhyde's feelings or does Dolarhyde feel that the pain has left him for good?
Essay Topic 3
Graham's marriage is slowly falling apart. What is shown between these two characters that gives a glimpse of hope that they can make the marriage work? What happens that foreshadows the marriage failing?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)