|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not in the trunk that Dolarhyde opens?
2. What did the autopsy report state was in Lounds' throat?
3. What does Jacobi's lawyer tell Graham that they were able to retrieve that Jacobi's oldest son had taken?
4. Where does Graham assume that the killer took Lounds before he killed him?
5. What does Graham whistle at before he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are things different after Graham returns home in Chapter 53?
2. What does Dolarhyde tell Reba about the Leeds family and the Jacobi family?
3. Why does Crawford worry about Graham and think about pulling him out of the empty court room in Chapter 32?
4. What does the letter from Dr. Lecter say that Graham receives while in the hospital?
5. What does Graham dream about in the end of Chapter 54 while in the hospital?
6. What happens when Dolarhyde appears at Graham's house?
7. Describe Reba's trip to see the Tiger and the reaction of the people involved.
8. Why does the fire inspector not expect to find remains of Dolarhyde?
9. What is Graham still looking for in Dolarhyde's desk when Crawford appears and tells him that the flight that Dolarhyde has written on the calender is to the Leeds' home town?
10. What is Reba's reaction when Dolarhyde tells her that he would rather her die with him than to be left to the Dragon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Graham mean when he says that "we make murder, and it matters only to us."? Is this correct? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Dolarhyde's only word that he says while at the Graham's house is "Muhner" or Mother pronounced just as he had before his corrective surgery. Why was this his last word and what does it reveal about Dolarhyde? What effect did his death have on Molly? Did she blame Graham or simply associate him with the events? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
After Reba and Dolarhyde sleep together he puts her hand on his face. What does this symbolize for Dolarhyde? What does it show about the relationship between the two of them?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)