|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the police NOT encounter on the way to Dolarhyde's house?
2. What does the Dragon force Dolarhyde to mutilate himself with?
3. Where does Molly try to hide Willie?
4. Where does Graham assume that the killer took Lounds before he killed him?
5. What does the St. Charles Sheriff's Department check to make sure of Dolarhyde's address?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the police anxious to have a profile of the killer in Chapter 34?
2. What happens when Dolarhyde appears at Graham's house?
3. Why does the fire inspector not expect to find remains of Dolarhyde?
4. After seeing the home movie of the Jacobi family in Chapter 42 what reasons does Graham give for the killer knowing that there was going to be a padlock?
5. What is Reba's reaction when Dolarhyde tells her that he would rather her die with him than to be left to the Dragon?
6. What does the letter from Dr. Lecter say that Graham receives while in the hospital?
7. What does Molly tell Graham when they get home?
8. What is the trouble with finding Dolarhyde's home?
9. Describe Dolarhyde's reaction to the painting of George Washington in the Brooklyn Museum.
10. What is Dolarhyde looking for and making note of when he goes to the Brooklyn Museum in Chapter 39?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reba McClane had believed that Dolarhyde was a shy gentleman and that the reason for his behavior was simply that he was awkward. What did Dolarhyde do that should have given Reba warning signs?
Essay Topic 2
Dolarhyde honestly appears to care for Reba. Could he have resisted his urges to kill and "become" had he found Reba earlier on? Explain. What is it about Reba that made her safe with Dolarhyde?
Essay Topic 3
Graham and Molly lost a lot while he was working on the case. Could their marriage be salvaged? Why or why not? Was Graham putting the case, or his need to work, before his marriage and family? Explain.
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)