|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Graham realize about Dolarhyde's actions?
2. What has Dolarhyde made an appointment for?
3. What is in the package that Crawford gives Graham?
4. Who does Molly say is on the phone for Graham?
5. What does Graham brush away from his face while he stands in the back yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Molly tell Graham when they get home?
2. What strikes Graham as odd about the killer showing up at the Brooklyn Museum?
3. When Dolarhyde takes Reba to his home what is the film that they watch before they make love?
4. What is Graham's response when the mockingbird whistles in Chapter 51?
5. Who does the Dragon demand to have in Chapter 37?
6. Why does Crawford worry about Graham and think about pulling him out of the empty court room in Chapter 32?
7. What does Dolarhyde do when he sees Reba kiss Ralph Mandy?
8. What happens when Dolarhyde appears at Graham's house?
9. Why does the fire inspector not expect to find remains of Dolarhyde?
10. Why does Reba refuse Dolarhyde's offer for a ride home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Graham's marriage is slowly falling apart. What is shown between these two characters that gives a glimpse of hope that they can make the marriage work? What happens that foreshadows the marriage failing?
Essay Topic 2
After Reba and Dolarhyde sleep together he puts her hand on his face. What does this symbolize for Dolarhyde? What does it show about the relationship between the two of them?
Essay Topic 3
Dolarhyde watches Reba kiss Ralph Mandy and it hurts him. Why does Dolarhyde kill Ralph Mandy? Explain - 'Seeing Reba kiss Mandy had stabbed Dolarhyde deep. Then the pain left him for good.' What does it mean that it left him for good? Is this an omniscient view of Dolarhyde's feelings or does Dolarhyde feel that the pain has left him for good?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)