|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolarhyde have Reba do once she is back in the bedroom?
2. What does Dolarhyde do with the painting?
3. Who does Molly say is on the phone for Graham?
4. What does Molly hit Dolarhyde with as he hits Graham with the knife?
5. What corpse had Reba been feeling when she thought it was Dolarhyde's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dolarhyde looking for and making note of when he goes to the Brooklyn Museum in Chapter 39?
2. What takes place in the phone call between Graham and Molly and Willy in Chapter 40?
3. When Dolarhyde has a discussion with the Dragon in Chapter 37 what are the main differences in the two personalities?
4. Why are the police anxious to have a profile of the killer in Chapter 34?
5. What is Reba's reaction when Dolarhyde tells her that he would rather her die with him than to be left to the Dragon?
6. Why does Crawford worry about Graham and think about pulling him out of the empty court room in Chapter 32?
7. Describe Reba's trip to see the Tiger and the reaction of the people involved.
8. Why does the fire inspector not expect to find remains of Dolarhyde?
9. After Graham is given the remains of the killer from the charred house site what does he wonder about?
10. Describe Dolarhyde's reaction to the painting of George Washington in the Brooklyn Museum.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dolarhyde's only word that he says while at the Graham's house is "Muhner" or Mother pronounced just as he had before his corrective surgery. Why was this his last word and what does it reveal about Dolarhyde? What effect did his death have on Molly? Did she blame Graham or simply associate him with the events? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What does Graham mean when he says that "we make murder, and it matters only to us."? Is this correct? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Graham honestly seems to hate the ability he has to delve into the killer's mind. Would Graham be better at what he does if he didn't hate what his ability did to him? What is it about Graham's attributes that makes him hate his job? Explain.
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)