|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Graham reassure Reba about?
2. Who is in the portrait that Dolarhyde believes for a moment to be his grandmother?
3. What confuses Graham about Dolarhyde taking the painting of the dragon?
4. Who does Dolarhyde want to share his secrets with?
5. What does Graham think is the connection between the two murdered families?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Graham find when the DC-3 plane lands in Chapter 52?
2. After Graham is given the remains of the killer from the charred house site what does he wonder about?
3. What does the letter from Dr. Lecter say that Graham receives while in the hospital?
4. What does Dolarhyde do when he sees Reba kiss Ralph Mandy?
5. What does Dolarhyde tell Reba about the Leeds family and the Jacobi family?
6. After seeing the home movie of the Jacobi family in Chapter 42 what reasons does Graham give for the killer knowing that there was going to be a padlock?
7. What is Graham still looking for in Dolarhyde's desk when Crawford appears and tells him that the flight that Dolarhyde has written on the calender is to the Leeds' home town?
8. What does Reba tell Police when they show up at the scene of the house fire?
9. Describe Dolarhyde's reaction to the painting of George Washington in the Brooklyn Museum.
10. What is Graham's response when the mockingbird whistles in Chapter 51?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Graham and Molly lost a lot while he was working on the case. Could their marriage be salvaged? Why or why not? Was Graham putting the case, or his need to work, before his marriage and family? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Dolarhyde's only word that he says while at the Graham's house is "Muhner" or Mother pronounced just as he had before his corrective surgery. Why was this his last word and what does it reveal about Dolarhyde? What effect did his death have on Molly? Did she blame Graham or simply associate him with the events? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Dr. Lecter never is shown revealing any emotion except in Graham's recalling. What does this reveal about Dr. Lecter? Does this make him more or less believable as a "bad guy" in the story? Explain.
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)