|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dolarhyde explain that it would be better for Reba to let him give her a ride home rather than wait on the bus?
2. What does Reba do that fascinates Dolarhyde when they arrive at her apartment?
3. What does Molly hit Dolarhyde with as he hits Graham with the knife?
4. What does Graham reassure Reba about?
5. What does Graham find missing from the Jacobis' belongings?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the trouble with finding Dolarhyde's home?
2. What does Graham dream about in the end of Chapter 54 while in the hospital?
3. After Graham is given the remains of the killer from the charred house site what does he wonder about?
4. What does the letter from Dr. Lecter say that Graham receives while in the hospital?
5. What does Graham find when the DC-3 plane lands in Chapter 52?
6. Why are the police anxious to have a profile of the killer in Chapter 34?
7. Describe Dolarhyde's reaction to the painting of George Washington in the Brooklyn Museum.
8. Why does Crawford worry about Graham and think about pulling him out of the empty court room in Chapter 32?
9. What is Dolarhyde's reaction to the press conference on Lounds' murder in Chapter 33?
10. What does Reba tell Police when they show up at the scene of the house fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In chapter 30, Graham states that he can't go home until he catches the killer. Explain the reasons that he feels it necessary to catch this monster before he can go back to his normal life. Would Graham feel the same way if the killer didn't have his home address?
Essay Topic 2
Graham honestly seems to hate the ability he has to delve into the killer's mind. Would Graham be better at what he does if he didn't hate what his ability did to him? What is it about Graham's attributes that makes him hate his job? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Why is it that Dolarhyde uses his grandmother's teeth in the killings? When the Dragon has Dolarhyde maim his genitals with his grandmother's teeth the Dragon says that they are his teeth. What connection does the grandmother and the Dragon have?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)