|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crawford come to tell Graham?
2. What happens when the gas station attendant looks too closely at Reba?
3. What is in the package that Crawford gives Graham?
4. Why does the fire investigator tell the police there may not be any remains of Dolarhyde found?
5. What does Graham reassure Reba about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the letter from Dr. Lecter say that Graham receives while in the hospital?
2. When Dolarhyde takes Reba to his home what is the film that they watch before they make love?
3. What is Graham's response when the mockingbird whistles in Chapter 51?
4. What is Dolarhyde's reaction to the press conference on Lounds' murder in Chapter 33?
5. How are things different after Graham returns home in Chapter 53?
6. What strikes Graham as odd about the killer showing up at the Brooklyn Museum?
7. What is Graham still looking for in Dolarhyde's desk when Crawford appears and tells him that the flight that Dolarhyde has written on the calender is to the Leeds' home town?
8. What does Molly tell Graham when they get home?
9. After Graham is given the remains of the killer from the charred house site what does he wonder about?
10. After seeing the home movie of the Jacobi family in Chapter 42 what reasons does Graham give for the killer knowing that there was going to be a padlock?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Graham mean when he says that "we make murder, and it matters only to us."? Is this correct? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
After Reba and Dolarhyde sleep together he puts her hand on his face. What does this symbolize for Dolarhyde? What does it show about the relationship between the two of them?
Essay Topic 3
When Graham is at Dolarhyde's work fingerprinting, Dolarhyde sees them and begins to panic. Dolarhyde calls Graham a monster. In what way could Graham be Dolarhyde's monster? Why is this word odd for Dolarhyde to use in this way? Why is it accurate?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)