|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What corpse had Reba been feeling when she thought it was Dolarhyde's?
2. What makes Graham's face red and sore?
3. Who does Dolarhyde see that makes him realize the F.B.I. is catching up to him?
4. What does Reba do that fascinates Dolarhyde when they arrive at her apartment?
5. What do Molly and Willie continually talk about after they are home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reba tell Police when they show up at the scene of the house fire?
2. What does Molly tell Graham when they get home?
3. After seeing the home movie of the Jacobi family in Chapter 42 what reasons does Graham give for the killer knowing that there was going to be a padlock?
4. What is Graham's response when the mockingbird whistles in Chapter 51?
5. What is Reba's reaction when Dolarhyde tells her that he would rather her die with him than to be left to the Dragon?
6. Why does Reba refuse Dolarhyde's offer for a ride home?
7. What is Dolarhyde looking for and making note of when he goes to the Brooklyn Museum in Chapter 39?
8. What does Dolarhyde do when he sees Reba kiss Ralph Mandy?
9. Why does the fire inspector not expect to find remains of Dolarhyde?
10. When Dolarhyde has a discussion with the Dragon in Chapter 37 what are the main differences in the two personalities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reba McClane had believed that Dolarhyde was a shy gentleman and that the reason for his behavior was simply that he was awkward. What did Dolarhyde do that should have given Reba warning signs?
Essay Topic 2
Dolarhyde's only word that he says while at the Graham's house is "Muhner" or Mother pronounced just as he had before his corrective surgery. Why was this his last word and what does it reveal about Dolarhyde? What effect did his death have on Molly? Did she blame Graham or simply associate him with the events? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Graham and Molly lost a lot while he was working on the case. Could their marriage be salvaged? Why or why not? Was Graham putting the case, or his need to work, before his marriage and family? Explain.
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)