|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Graham whistle at before he leaves?
2. What does the Coroner's card have written on it?
3. Who does Graham falsely believe was the one calling when he is unable to reach the phone before it finishes ringing?
4. What deadline are the police working against in regard to when the killer will strike next?
5. What does Graham brush away from his face while he stands in the back yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Molly tell Graham when they get home?
2. What happens when Dolarhyde appears at Graham's house?
3. Why does Reba refuse Dolarhyde's offer for a ride home?
4. What strikes Graham as odd about the killer showing up at the Brooklyn Museum?
5. When Dolarhyde takes Reba to his home what is the film that they watch before they make love?
6. When Dolarhyde has a discussion with the Dragon in Chapter 37 what are the main differences in the two personalities?
7. What is Reba's reaction when Dolarhyde tells her that he would rather her die with him than to be left to the Dragon?
8. What does Graham dream about in the end of Chapter 54 while in the hospital?
9. How are things different after Graham returns home in Chapter 53?
10. What does the letter from Dr. Lecter say that Graham receives while in the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Graham honestly seems to hate the ability he has to delve into the killer's mind. Would Graham be better at what he does if he didn't hate what his ability did to him? What is it about Graham's attributes that makes him hate his job? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Graham's marriage is slowly falling apart. What is shown between these two characters that gives a glimpse of hope that they can make the marriage work? What happens that foreshadows the marriage failing?
Essay Topic 3
Why is it that Dolarhyde uses his grandmother's teeth in the killings? When the Dragon has Dolarhyde maim his genitals with his grandmother's teeth the Dragon says that they are his teeth. What connection does the grandmother and the Dragon have?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)