|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the St. Charles Sheriff's Department check to make sure of Dolarhyde's address?
2. What is done with the letter written to Graham by Lecter?
3. What does Graham realize about Dolarhyde's actions?
4. What is not in the trunk that Dolarhyde opens?
5. What does Reba ask Dolarhyde to let her do but he refuses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Graham's response when the mockingbird whistles in Chapter 51?
2. How are things different after Graham returns home in Chapter 53?
3. What is Reba's reaction when Dolarhyde tells her that he would rather her die with him than to be left to the Dragon?
4. What strikes Graham as odd about the killer showing up at the Brooklyn Museum?
5. After Graham is given the remains of the killer from the charred house site what does he wonder about?
6. Why does the fire inspector not expect to find remains of Dolarhyde?
7. Who does the Dragon demand to have in Chapter 37?
8. What does the letter from Dr. Lecter say that Graham receives while in the hospital?
9. When Dolarhyde takes Reba to his home what is the film that they watch before they make love?
10. What is Dolarhyde looking for and making note of when he goes to the Brooklyn Museum in Chapter 39?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dolarhyde's only word that he says while at the Graham's house is "Muhner" or Mother pronounced just as he had before his corrective surgery. Why was this his last word and what does it reveal about Dolarhyde? What effect did his death have on Molly? Did she blame Graham or simply associate him with the events? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
After Reba and Dolarhyde sleep together he puts her hand on his face. What does this symbolize for Dolarhyde? What does it show about the relationship between the two of them?
Essay Topic 3
Reba McClane had believed that Dolarhyde was a shy gentleman and that the reason for his behavior was simply that he was awkward. What did Dolarhyde do that should have given Reba warning signs?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)