|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Freddy Lounds do when Graham leaves his meeting with Lecter?
2. What do the police discover in regard to the license plate Lounds had memorized?
3. What does Lounds first believe to be in the thermos?
4. What method is it believed that the "Tooth Fairy" and Lecter plan to use to communicate?
5. Where does Dolarhyde pick up a copy of the Tattler?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Lounds is taken captive by Dolarhyde what is Dolarhyde's response to Lounds' phrase "man to man"?
2. What was Lounds' job when he first started at the Tattler as described in Chapter 16?
3. How is Dolarhyde's confrontation with the newspaper stand vendor different than what Dolarhyde would have done in the past?
4. What does Dr. Bloom say in Chapter 3 is the reason that the killer breaks the mirrors?
5. Describe the ledger that Dolarhyde uses to put his newspaper clippings in in Chapter 11.
6. What is Marian Dolarhyde's response when she sees her son after he is born?
7. What happens that places Francis Dolarhyde in the army?
8. Describe the conversation Wendy and Graham have at Lounds' gravesite?
9. What does Graham not like about Crawford's plan involving Freddy Lounds in Chapter 17?
10. What is the thermos used for that Dolarhyde puts in Lounds' lap?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reba McClane had believed that Dolarhyde was a shy gentleman and that the reason for his behavior was simply that he was awkward. What did Dolarhyde do that should have given Reba warning signs?
Essay Topic 2
Dolarhyde honestly appears to care for Reba. Could he have resisted his urges to kill and "become" had he found Reba earlier on? Explain. What is it about Reba that made her safe with Dolarhyde?
Essay Topic 3
Graham and Molly lost a lot while he was working on the case. Could their marriage be salvaged? Why or why not? Was Graham putting the case, or his need to work, before his marriage and family? Explain.
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)