|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found in the treads of the wheelchair?
2. What is found to be hidden in the message from Lecter?
3. What does Freddie Lounds want more than anything?
4. What does Dolarhyde find when the technician turns on the lights in the room?
5. What does Crawford hope to do with the help of Lounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the ledger that Dolarhyde uses to put his newspaper clippings in in Chapter 11.
2. What is the thermos used for that Dolarhyde puts in Lounds' lap?
3. What is determined in regards to the new leads left by the killer from Lounds' murder?
4. What does Lounds say in the recording before he dies at the hospital?
5. What does Dr. Bloom say in Chapter 3 is the reason that the killer breaks the mirrors?
6. How are the teeth imprints found on the bodies described in Chapter 3?
7. In Chapter 6 how does Graham describe his encounter with Dr. Lecter?
8. What is Dr. Lecter's response when Dr. Chilton arrives and takes away Lecter's books as punishment for helping the killer?
9. What does Graham not like about Crawford's plan involving Freddy Lounds in Chapter 17?
10. How is Dolarhyde's confrontation with the newspaper stand vendor different than what Dolarhyde would have done in the past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it that Dolarhyde doesn't fully realize that he has begun to have feelings for Reba? Why is it that the service man at the station attempting to look up Reba's dress is what gives him an idea that he is beginning to care for her? What does this reveal about Dolarhyde?
Essay Topic 2
Graham's marriage is slowly falling apart. What is shown between these two characters that gives a glimpse of hope that they can make the marriage work? What happens that foreshadows the marriage failing?
Essay Topic 3
Dolarhyde honestly appears to care for Reba. Could he have resisted his urges to kill and "become" had he found Reba earlier on? Explain. What is it about Reba that made her safe with Dolarhyde?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)