|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lounds ask for before he dies?
2. What is the name of the painting Francis Dolarhyde looks at?
3. What reason does Graham give Lounds for the extra violence inflicted on the women in the families?
4. How is Lounds secured to the wheelchair?
5. What is found to be hidden in the message from Lecter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the similarities that Graham lists between the Leeds family and the Jacobi family in Chapter 10?
2. What does Dolarhyde say to Dr Lecter in reference to Graham on the toilet paper in Chapter 13?
3. Describe the response that Dolarhyde's stepbrothers and sisters have when he arrives.
4. What arrangement does Graham make with Lecter when he goes to visit Lecter in Chapter 7?
5. What is Dr. Lecter's response when Dr. Chilton arrives and takes away Lecter's books as punishment for helping the killer?
6. What does Lounds say in the recording before he dies at the hospital?
7. What does Lecter do after Graham leaves him in Chapter 8?
8. What does Dr. Bloom say in Chapter 3 is the reason that the killer breaks the mirrors?
9. After Lounds is taken captive by Dolarhyde what is Dolarhyde's response to Lounds' phrase "man to man"?
10. How are the teeth imprints found on the bodies described in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it that Dolarhyde doesn't fully realize that he has begun to have feelings for Reba? Why is it that the service man at the station attempting to look up Reba's dress is what gives him an idea that he is beginning to care for her? What does this reveal about Dolarhyde?
Essay Topic 2
Why is it that Dolarhyde uses his grandmother's teeth in the killings? When the Dragon has Dolarhyde maim his genitals with his grandmother's teeth the Dragon says that they are his teeth. What connection does the grandmother and the Dragon have?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Dolarhyde want Reba to go and be able to touch the tiger at the zoo? Why did this create such strong feelings in Dolarhyde?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)