|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolarhyde NOT have in his huge ledger that he got at the bankruptcy sale?
2. When the police have the call from the Pilgrim traced, who do they find making the call?
3. What does Graham find where the killer entered at the second victims' house?
4. After looking over the file what does Lecter say that the killer goes outside to look at after he has murdered?
5. What does Graham manage to get from the Leeds' neighbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Graham go back to the Leeds' house again in Chapter 5?
2. Describe the ledger that Dolarhyde uses to put his newspaper clippings in in Chapter 11.
3. What does Lounds say in the recording before he dies at the hospital?
4. What does Dolarhyde say to Dr Lecter in reference to Graham on the toilet paper in Chapter 13?
5. What is the first thing that Graham does when he arrives in Atlanta in Chapter 2?
6. What is Marian Dolarhyde's response when she sees her son after he is born?
7. What is the thermos used for that Dolarhyde puts in Lounds' lap?
8. Describe Dr. Lecter's response to Dolarhyde that the police find in Chapter 14 and why they decide to run it rather than stop it.
9. What was Lounds' job when he first started at the Tattler as described in Chapter 16?
10. In Chapter 12 what is discovered about the marking that was left in the tree by the killer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it that Dolarhyde uses his grandmother's teeth in the killings? When the Dragon has Dolarhyde maim his genitals with his grandmother's teeth the Dragon says that they are his teeth. What connection does the grandmother and the Dragon have?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Dolarhyde become desperate to destroy the Dragon even though it is the Dragon that Dolarhyde believes he gets his power from? Why was Dolarhyde unable to break loose of the Dragon's grasp?
Essay Topic 3
After Dolarhyde eats the painting of the Dragon he tells himself that he can "choose anything now." Explain why this didn't free him as he believed it would. Could this act have freed him had later circumstances been different? Explain.
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)