|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marian's mother do in order to keep from losing her house?
2. What is in one of the pictures of Graham in the hopes that it will lead the killer to him?
3. Where does Freddy Lounds work?
4. What reason do the police give to explain why the killer covered Mr. Leeds' body?
5. What does Marian tell the baby's father had happened?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Marian Dolarhyde's response when she sees her son after he is born?
2. Describe the ledger that Dolarhyde uses to put his newspaper clippings in in Chapter 11.
3. What is odd about Dolarhyde's speech when he talks to Eileen in Chapter 9?
4. How does Dolarhyde change when he realizes that Reba is blind?
5. What does Dolarhyde say to Dr Lecter in reference to Graham on the toilet paper in Chapter 13?
6. What does Graham not like about Crawford's plan involving Freddy Lounds in Chapter 17?
7. In Chapter 12 what is discovered about the marking that was left in the tree by the killer?
8. After Lounds is taken captive by Dolarhyde what is Dolarhyde's response to Lounds' phrase "man to man"?
9. What are some of the reasons that Graham initially doesn't want to go help Crawford with the murder investigation?
10. What does Dr. Bloom say in Chapter 3 is the reason that the killer breaks the mirrors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Graham honestly seems to hate the ability he has to delve into the killer's mind. Would Graham be better at what he does if he didn't hate what his ability did to him? What is it about Graham's attributes that makes him hate his job? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Why is it that Dolarhyde uses his grandmother's teeth in the killings? When the Dragon has Dolarhyde maim his genitals with his grandmother's teeth the Dragon says that they are his teeth. What connection does the grandmother and the Dragon have?
Essay Topic 3
What does Graham mean when he says that "we make murder, and it matters only to us."? Is this correct? Explain.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)