|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dolarhyde go to Baeder Chemical?
2. What does Marian's mother do in order to keep from losing her house?
3. What does the caller call himself when he calls Graham's office?
4. Where does Molly want to take her son and go live?
5. What happens to Mr. Vogt in his running for legislature after Marian's mother introduces Marian's child around?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Lecter's response when Dr. Chilton arrives and takes away Lecter's books as punishment for helping the killer?
2. What is the first thing that Graham does when he arrives in Atlanta in Chapter 2?
3. What arrangement does Graham make with Lecter when he goes to visit Lecter in Chapter 7?
4. What does the range master note about the couple, Graham and Molly, at the shooting range at the end of Chapter 15?
5. After Lounds is taken captive by Dolarhyde what is Dolarhyde's response to Lounds' phrase "man to man"?
6. What is Marian Dolarhyde's response when she sees her son after he is born?
7. How does Dolarhyde change when he realizes that Reba is blind?
8. What is determined in regards to the new leads left by the killer from Lounds' murder?
9. What are some of the similarities that Graham lists between the Leeds family and the Jacobi family in Chapter 10?
10. How are the teeth imprints found on the bodies described in Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Graham is at Dolarhyde's work fingerprinting, Dolarhyde sees them and begins to panic. Dolarhyde calls Graham a monster. In what way could Graham be Dolarhyde's monster? Why is this word odd for Dolarhyde to use in this way? Why is it accurate?
Essay Topic 2
Dolarhyde honestly appears to care for Reba. Could he have resisted his urges to kill and "become" had he found Reba earlier on? Explain. What is it about Reba that made her safe with Dolarhyde?
Essay Topic 3
Why is it that Dolarhyde doesn't fully realize that he has begun to have feelings for Reba? Why is it that the service man at the station attempting to look up Reba's dress is what gives him an idea that he is beginning to care for her? What does this reveal about Dolarhyde?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)