|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crawford hope to do with the help of Lounds?
2. What reason do the police give to explain why the killer covered Mr. Leeds' body?
3. What distracts Graham while Crawford is showing him pictures of the murdered families?
4. Why does the doctor refuse to let Marian Dolarhyde Trevane see her baby?
5. What do the majority of the people at Lounds' funeral believe about Graham?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Graham dream about in the end of Chapter 54 while in the hospital?
2. While in the hospital what does Graham tell Reba?
3. What does the Dragon offer Dolarhyde in Chapter 44?
4. In Chapter 12 what is discovered about the marking that was left in the tree by the killer?
5. Describe the ledger that Dolarhyde uses to put his newspaper clippings in in Chapter 11.
6. What happens when Dolarhyde appears at Graham's house?
7. What does the range master note about the couple, Graham and Molly, at the shooting range at the end of Chapter 15?
8. Describe Dr. Lecter's response to Dolarhyde that the police find in Chapter 14 and why they decide to run it rather than stop it.
9. What is Reba's reaction when Dolarhyde tells her that he would rather her die with him than to be left to the Dragon?
10. What is the first thing that Graham does when he arrives in Atlanta in Chapter 2?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Dolarhyde become desperate to destroy the Dragon even though it is the Dragon that Dolarhyde believes he gets his power from? Why was Dolarhyde unable to break loose of the Dragon's grasp?
Essay Topic 2
After Reba and Dolarhyde sleep together he puts her hand on his face. What does this symbolize for Dolarhyde? What does it show about the relationship between the two of them?
Essay Topic 3
Why is it that Dolarhyde uses his grandmother's teeth in the killings? When the Dragon has Dolarhyde maim his genitals with his grandmother's teeth the Dragon says that they are his teeth. What connection does the grandmother and the Dragon have?
This section contains 1,837 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)