Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lecter told to sign his letter to the "Tooth Fairy" with?
2. What does Francis' stepbrother do to him when Francis comes to live with his mother?
3. What reason does Carpenter give for needing Graham to help with the murder investigation?
4. What is it that makes Graham glad that Molly can't see him right now?
5. What reason do the police give to explain why the killer covered Mr. Leeds' body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is odd about Dolarhyde's speech when he talks to Eileen in Chapter 9?
2. After Lounds is taken captive by Dolarhyde what is Dolarhyde's response to Lounds' phrase "man to man"?
3. In Chapter 18 what information does Bloom give Crawford, Graham, and the others, in reference to the killer, to use in the made-up story that Lounds was going to produce?
4. How are things different after Graham returns home in Chapter 53?
5. What does the range master note about the couple, Graham and Molly, at the shooting range at the end of Chapter 15?
6. What is the first thing that Graham does when he arrives in Atlanta in Chapter 2?
7. How are the teeth imprints found on the bodies described in Chapter 3?
8. What does Graham not like about Crawford's plan involving Freddy Lounds in Chapter 17?
9. What does the Dragon offer Dolarhyde in Chapter 44?
10. What is determined in regards to the new leads left by the killer from Lounds' murder?
Essay Topic 1
Why is it that Dolarhyde uses his grandmother's teeth in the killings? When the Dragon has Dolarhyde maim his genitals with his grandmother's teeth the Dragon says that they are his teeth. What connection does the grandmother and the Dragon have?
Essay Topic 2
Graham honestly seems to hate the ability he has to delve into the killer's mind. Would Graham be better at what he does if he didn't hate what his ability did to him? What is it about Graham's attributes that makes him hate his job? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Dolarhyde watches Reba kiss Ralph Mandy and it hurts him. Why does Dolarhyde kill Ralph Mandy? Explain - 'Seeing Reba kiss Mandy had stabbed Dolarhyde deep. Then the pain left him for good.' What does it mean that it left him for good? Is this an omniscient view of Dolarhyde's feelings or does Dolarhyde feel that the pain has left him for good?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)