|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolarhyde find when the technician turns on the lights in the room?
2. How does Francis' grandmother begin to act when he turns eight?
3. Where does Freddy Lounds work?
4. What is found to be hidden in the message from Lecter?
5. What does Crawford hope to do with the help of Lounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6 how does Graham describe his encounter with Dr. Lecter?
2. What are some of the similarities that Graham lists between the Leeds family and the Jacobi family in Chapter 10?
3. What is determined in regards to the new leads left by the killer from Lounds' murder?
4. After Lounds is taken captive by Dolarhyde what is Dolarhyde's response to Lounds' phrase "man to man"?
5. What does Dolarhyde say to Dr Lecter in reference to Graham on the toilet paper in Chapter 13?
6. What happens that places Francis Dolarhyde in the army?
7. What does Marian's mother do with Francis Dolarhyde to exact revenge upon her daughter?
8. What does Lounds say in the recording before he dies at the hospital?
9. In Chapter 18 what information does Bloom give Crawford, Graham, and the others, in reference to the killer, to use in the made-up story that Lounds was going to produce?
10. How is Dolarhyde's confrontation with the newspaper stand vendor different than what Dolarhyde would have done in the past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Dolarhyde want Reba to go and be able to touch the tiger at the zoo? Why did this create such strong feelings in Dolarhyde?
Essay Topic 2
Dolarhyde's only word that he says while at the Graham's house is "Muhner" or Mother pronounced just as he had before his corrective surgery. Why was this his last word and what does it reveal about Dolarhyde? What effect did his death have on Molly? Did she blame Graham or simply associate him with the events? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
In chapter 30, Graham states that he can't go home until he catches the killer. Explain the reasons that he feels it necessary to catch this monster before he can go back to his normal life. Would Graham feel the same way if the killer didn't have his home address?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)