|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dolarhyde explain to Lounds that he killed the families?
2. What does the caller call himself when he calls Graham's office?
3. What does Marian's mother do in order to keep from losing her house?
4. Why does Francis Dolarhyde search his house before he relaxes?
5. What does Lecter ask for after Graham is gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that places Francis Dolarhyde in the army?
2. What does Graham not like about Crawford's plan involving Freddy Lounds in Chapter 17?
3. What are some of the similarities that Graham lists between the Leeds family and the Jacobi family in Chapter 10?
4. Describe the ledger that Dolarhyde uses to put his newspaper clippings in in Chapter 11.
5. How are the teeth imprints found on the bodies described in Chapter 3?
6. How does Dolarhyde change when he realizes that Reba is blind?
7. What is the thermos used for that Dolarhyde puts in Lounds' lap?
8. What is Dr. Lecter's response when Dr. Chilton arrives and takes away Lecter's books as punishment for helping the killer?
9. What arrangement does Graham make with Lecter when he goes to visit Lecter in Chapter 7?
10. In Chapter 6 how does Graham describe his encounter with Dr. Lecter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Reba is kidnapped she thinks to herself that Dolarhyde is "crazy" and says that crazy is a fearsome word? In what ways is it fearsome? Is she right by saying that he is crazy? How does this information impact her later on in the story when she realizes she has made love to a murderer? Had Dolarhyde been that good at hiding who and what he was from Reba?
Essay Topic 2
Graham honestly seems to hate the ability he has to delve into the killer's mind. Would Graham be better at what he does if he didn't hate what his ability did to him? What is it about Graham's attributes that makes him hate his job? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
When Graham is at Dolarhyde's work fingerprinting, Dolarhyde sees them and begins to panic. Dolarhyde calls Graham a monster. In what way could Graham be Dolarhyde's monster? Why is this word odd for Dolarhyde to use in this way? Why is it accurate?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)