|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found to be hidden in the message from Lecter?
2. When the police have the call from the Pilgrim traced, who do they find making the call?
3. What reason do the police give to explain why the killer covered Mr. Leeds' body?
4. How does Dolarhyde sign his letter?
5. What does Graham teach Molly to do after he has her in a safe place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Marian Dolarhyde's response when she sees her son after he is born?
2. What arrangement does Graham make with Lecter when he goes to visit Lecter in Chapter 7?
3. In Chapter 6 how does Graham describe his encounter with Dr. Lecter?
4. What happens that places Francis Dolarhyde in the army?
5. Describe Dr. Lecter's response to Dolarhyde that the police find in Chapter 14 and why they decide to run it rather than stop it.
6. How does Dolarhyde change when he realizes that Reba is blind?
7. What are some of the similarities that Graham lists between the Leeds family and the Jacobi family in Chapter 10?
8. After Lounds is taken captive by Dolarhyde what is Dolarhyde's response to Lounds' phrase "man to man"?
9. What is odd about Dolarhyde's speech when he talks to Eileen in Chapter 9?
10. What are some of the reasons that Graham initially doesn't want to go help Crawford with the murder investigation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dolarhyde says at one point in the story that he can sacrifice people to the Dragon and then go back to Reba and treat her well. Does Dolarhyde believe that he and the Dragon are still completely separate? Is what Dolarhyde feels for Reba love? Explain. If Dolarhyde and the Dragon are "becoming" or are the same entity why can Dolarhyde love Reba but the Dragon want her dead?
Essay Topic 2
Why is it that Dolarhyde uses his grandmother's teeth in the killings? When the Dragon has Dolarhyde maim his genitals with his grandmother's teeth the Dragon says that they are his teeth. What connection does the grandmother and the Dragon have?
Essay Topic 3
When Graham is at Dolarhyde's work fingerprinting, Dolarhyde sees them and begins to panic. Dolarhyde calls Graham a monster. In what way could Graham be Dolarhyde's monster? Why is this word odd for Dolarhyde to use in this way? Why is it accurate?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)