|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After looking over the file what does Lecter say that the killer goes outside to look at after he has murdered?
2. When Graham finds the tree the killer must have used, what two things does Graham find still in it?
3. What does the symbol carved in the tree represent on the mah-jongg piece?
4. What does Graham say that the killer touched without the use of his gloves at the crime scene?
5. What does Freddy Lounds do when Graham leaves his meeting with Lecter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lounds' job when he first started at the Tattler as described in Chapter 16?
2. What is odd about Dolarhyde's speech when he talks to Eileen in Chapter 9?
3. What are some of the similarities that Graham lists between the Leeds family and the Jacobi family in Chapter 10?
4. Describe the ledger that Dolarhyde uses to put his newspaper clippings in in Chapter 11.
5. In Chapter 6 how does Graham describe his encounter with Dr. Lecter?
6. What is Dr. Lecter's response when Dr. Chilton arrives and takes away Lecter's books as punishment for helping the killer?
7. What arrangement does Graham make with Lecter when he goes to visit Lecter in Chapter 7?
8. How are the teeth imprints found on the bodies described in Chapter 3?
9. What does Lecter do after Graham leaves him in Chapter 8?
10. What is Marian Dolarhyde's response when she sees her son after he is born?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Graham mean when he says that "we make murder, and it matters only to us."? Is this correct? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Reba McClane had believed that Dolarhyde was a shy gentleman and that the reason for his behavior was simply that he was awkward. What did Dolarhyde do that should have given Reba warning signs?
Essay Topic 3
After Reba is kidnapped she thinks to herself that Dolarhyde is "crazy" and says that crazy is a fearsome word? In what ways is it fearsome? Is she right by saying that he is crazy? How does this information impact her later on in the story when she realizes she has made love to a murderer? Had Dolarhyde been that good at hiding who and what he was from Reba?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)