|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Lounds been working on when he left work Tuesday?
2. Why does Francis Dolarhyde search his house before he relaxes?
3. What is the name of the painting Francis Dolarhyde looks at?
4. Who are the police hoping will show up at Lounds' funeral?
5. What happens to Mr. Vogt in his running for legislature after Marian's mother introduces Marian's child around?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation Wendy and Graham have at Lounds' gravesite?
2. What does Lounds say in the recording before he dies at the hospital?
3. What are some of the similarities that Graham lists between the Leeds family and the Jacobi family in Chapter 10?
4. Why does Graham go back to the Leeds' house again in Chapter 5?
5. What is the first thing that Graham does when he arrives in Atlanta in Chapter 2?
6. In Chapter 12 what is discovered about the marking that was left in the tree by the killer?
7. What does Dolarhyde say to Dr Lecter in reference to Graham on the toilet paper in Chapter 13?
8. What is the thermos used for that Dolarhyde puts in Lounds' lap?
9. What is determined in regards to the new leads left by the killer from Lounds' murder?
10. In Chapter 6 how does Graham describe his encounter with Dr. Lecter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Dolarhyde eats the painting of the Dragon he tells himself that he can "choose anything now." Explain why this didn't free him as he believed it would. Could this act have freed him had later circumstances been different? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
After Reba and Dolarhyde sleep together he puts her hand on his face. What does this symbolize for Dolarhyde? What does it show about the relationship between the two of them?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Dolarhyde want Reba to go and be able to touch the tiger at the zoo? Why did this create such strong feelings in Dolarhyde?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)