|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the symbol carved in the tree represent on the mah-jongg piece?
2. What does Dolarhyde write in his ledger with a copy of Freddie Lounds' article fabricated by Crawford and Graham?
3. Why does Dolarhyde explain to Lounds that he killed the families?
4. What does Francis' stepbrother do to him when Francis comes to live with his mother?
5. What is Graham's main reason for not liking Crawford's plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first thing that Graham does when he arrives in Atlanta in Chapter 2?
2. What are some of the similarities that Graham lists between the Leeds family and the Jacobi family in Chapter 10?
3. What was Lounds' job when he first started at the Tattler as described in Chapter 16?
4. What happens that places Francis Dolarhyde in the army?
5. How are the teeth imprints found on the bodies described in Chapter 3?
6. What are some of the reasons that Graham initially doesn't want to go help Crawford with the murder investigation?
7. Describe Dr. Lecter's response to Dolarhyde that the police find in Chapter 14 and why they decide to run it rather than stop it.
8. What does Dolarhyde say to Dr Lecter in reference to Graham on the toilet paper in Chapter 13?
9. What does Dr. Bloom say in Chapter 3 is the reason that the killer breaks the mirrors?
10. What is the thermos used for that Dolarhyde puts in Lounds' lap?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In chapter 30, Graham states that he can't go home until he catches the killer. Explain the reasons that he feels it necessary to catch this monster before he can go back to his normal life. Would Graham feel the same way if the killer didn't have his home address?
Essay Topic 2
Dolarhyde's mother is shown having four meetings with him; When he is born, when his grandmother takes him to see her, when his grandmother takes ill and at his grandmother's funeral. In what ways does their meeting change each time? Why was the last meeting so different?
Essay Topic 3
Graham's marriage is slowly falling apart. What is shown between these two characters that gives a glimpse of hope that they can make the marriage work? What happens that foreshadows the marriage failing?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)