|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After looking over the file what does Lecter say that the killer goes outside to look at after he has murdered?
2. What is it that Graham found in Lecter's office that led him to the realization that Lecter was the killer that Graham had been looking for?
3. What does Graham do now that he is retired from the F.B.I.?
4. What does Crawford hope to do with the help of Lounds?
5. What does Graham say that the killer touched without the use of his gloves at the crime scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the ledger that Dolarhyde uses to put his newspaper clippings in in Chapter 11.
2. What are some of the similarities that Graham lists between the Leeds family and the Jacobi family in Chapter 10?
3. What is determined in regards to the new leads left by the killer from Lounds' murder?
4. Why does Graham go back to the Leeds' house again in Chapter 5?
5. What does Lounds say in the recording before he dies at the hospital?
6. What does Lecter do after Graham leaves him in Chapter 8?
7. What is Marian Dolarhyde's response when she sees her son after he is born?
8. How does Dolarhyde change when he realizes that Reba is blind?
9. How are the teeth imprints found on the bodies described in Chapter 3?
10. What does Dolarhyde say to Dr Lecter in reference to Graham on the toilet paper in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dolarhyde says at one point in the story that he can sacrifice people to the Dragon and then go back to Reba and treat her well. Does Dolarhyde believe that he and the Dragon are still completely separate? Is what Dolarhyde feels for Reba love? Explain. If Dolarhyde and the Dragon are "becoming" or are the same entity why can Dolarhyde love Reba but the Dragon want her dead?
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Lecter never is shown revealing any emotion except in Graham's recalling. What does this reveal about Dr. Lecter? Does this make him more or less believable as a "bad guy" in the story? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Dolarhyde watches Reba kiss Ralph Mandy and it hurts him. Why does Dolarhyde kill Ralph Mandy? Explain - 'Seeing Reba kiss Mandy had stabbed Dolarhyde deep. Then the pain left him for good.' What does it mean that it left him for good? Is this an omniscient view of Dolarhyde's feelings or does Dolarhyde feel that the pain has left him for good?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)