|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lecter told to sign his letter to the "Tooth Fairy" with?
2. Who does Lounds ask for before he dies?
3. What is it that Graham found in Lecter's office that led him to the realization that Lecter was the killer that Graham had been looking for?
4. Why is Graham scared to see Lecter?
5. Why does the doctor refuse to let Marian Dolarhyde Trevane see her baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that places Francis Dolarhyde in the army?
2. What are some of the reasons that Graham initially doesn't want to go help Crawford with the murder investigation?
3. What is Dr. Lecter's response when Dr. Chilton arrives and takes away Lecter's books as punishment for helping the killer?
4. What does Dr. Bloom say in Chapter 3 is the reason that the killer breaks the mirrors?
5. Describe the conversation Wendy and Graham have at Lounds' gravesite?
6. What does Graham not like about Crawford's plan involving Freddy Lounds in Chapter 17?
7. What is Marian Dolarhyde's response when she sees her son after he is born?
8. Why does Graham go back to the Leeds' house again in Chapter 5?
9. How does Dolarhyde change when he realizes that Reba is blind?
10. In Chapter 18 what information does Bloom give Crawford, Graham, and the others, in reference to the killer, to use in the made-up story that Lounds was going to produce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it that Dolarhyde uses his grandmother's teeth in the killings? When the Dragon has Dolarhyde maim his genitals with his grandmother's teeth the Dragon says that they are his teeth. What connection does the grandmother and the Dragon have?
Essay Topic 2
Dolarhyde's only word that he says while at the Graham's house is "Muhner" or Mother pronounced just as he had before his corrective surgery. Why was this his last word and what does it reveal about Dolarhyde? What effect did his death have on Molly? Did she blame Graham or simply associate him with the events? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
After Reba is kidnapped she thinks to herself that Dolarhyde is "crazy" and says that crazy is a fearsome word? In what ways is it fearsome? Is she right by saying that he is crazy? How does this information impact her later on in the story when she realizes she has made love to a murderer? Had Dolarhyde been that good at hiding who and what he was from Reba?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)