|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lounds able to memorize while he is bound and gagged?
2. How is Lounds secured to the wheelchair?
3. What happens to Mr. Vogt in his running for legislature after Marian's mother introduces Marian's child around?
4. What happens when Francis' mother finds out about the condition of Francis' grandmother?
5. What did Graham's stepson see that upset him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Dr. Lecter's response when Dr. Chilton arrives and takes away Lecter's books as punishment for helping the killer?
2. In Chapter 6 how does Graham describe his encounter with Dr. Lecter?
3. In Chapter 12 what is discovered about the marking that was left in the tree by the killer?
4. What does the range master note about the couple, Graham and Molly, at the shooting range at the end of Chapter 15?
5. What is Marian Dolarhyde's response when she sees her son after he is born?
6. What does Lounds say in the recording before he dies at the hospital?
7. How are the teeth imprints found on the bodies described in Chapter 3?
8. Describe the response that Dolarhyde's stepbrothers and sisters have when he arrives.
9. How does Dolarhyde change when he realizes that Reba is blind?
10. What does Dr. Bloom say in Chapter 3 is the reason that the killer breaks the mirrors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dolarhyde honestly appears to care for Reba. Could he have resisted his urges to kill and "become" had he found Reba earlier on? Explain. What is it about Reba that made her safe with Dolarhyde?
Essay Topic 2
After Reba is kidnapped she thinks to herself that Dolarhyde is "crazy" and says that crazy is a fearsome word? In what ways is it fearsome? Is she right by saying that he is crazy? How does this information impact her later on in the story when she realizes she has made love to a murderer? Had Dolarhyde been that good at hiding who and what he was from Reba?
Essay Topic 3
Why is it that Dolarhyde doesn't fully realize that he has begun to have feelings for Reba? Why is it that the service man at the station attempting to look up Reba's dress is what gives him an idea that he is beginning to care for her? What does this reveal about Dolarhyde?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)