|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the symbol carved in the tree represent on the mah-jongg piece?
2. What do they convince Lecter has happened in order to keep him out of his cell?
3. What is in one of the pictures of Graham in the hopes that it will lead the killer to him?
4. Where does Freddy Lounds work?
5. What does Freddy Lounds do when Graham leaves his meeting with Lecter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dolarhyde say to Dr Lecter in reference to Graham on the toilet paper in Chapter 13?
2. How is Dolarhyde's confrontation with the newspaper stand vendor different than what Dolarhyde would have done in the past?
3. Describe Dr. Lecter's response to Dolarhyde that the police find in Chapter 14 and why they decide to run it rather than stop it.
4. How does Dolarhyde change when he realizes that Reba is blind?
5. What are some of the reasons that Graham initially doesn't want to go help Crawford with the murder investigation?
6. What does Lecter do after Graham leaves him in Chapter 8?
7. How are the teeth imprints found on the bodies described in Chapter 3?
8. What does Dr. Bloom say in Chapter 3 is the reason that the killer breaks the mirrors?
9. In Chapter 12 what is discovered about the marking that was left in the tree by the killer?
10. What is the first thing that Graham does when he arrives in Atlanta in Chapter 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Reba is kidnapped she thinks to herself that Dolarhyde is "crazy" and says that crazy is a fearsome word? In what ways is it fearsome? Is she right by saying that he is crazy? How does this information impact her later on in the story when she realizes she has made love to a murderer? Had Dolarhyde been that good at hiding who and what he was from Reba?
Essay Topic 2
After Reba and Dolarhyde sleep together he puts her hand on his face. What does this symbolize for Dolarhyde? What does it show about the relationship between the two of them?
Essay Topic 3
Graham's marriage is slowly falling apart. What is shown between these two characters that gives a glimpse of hope that they can make the marriage work? What happens that foreshadows the marriage failing?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)