|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis' stepbrother do to him when Francis comes to live with his mother?
2. Who had Graham been investigating just a year before Graham met his wife, Molly?
3. How does Dolarhyde respond when he sees his mother at his grandmother's funeral?
4. What information do Graham and the police decide to keep from the press?
5. What forensic evidence do they find on the letter from Lecter from the "Tooth Fairy"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the thermos used for that Dolarhyde puts in Lounds' lap?
2. Describe the response that Dolarhyde's stepbrothers and sisters have when he arrives.
3. In Chapter 18 what information does Bloom give Crawford, Graham, and the others, in reference to the killer, to use in the made-up story that Lounds was going to produce?
4. What is the first thing that Graham does when he arrives in Atlanta in Chapter 2?
5. What arrangement does Graham make with Lecter when he goes to visit Lecter in Chapter 7?
6. Describe Dr. Lecter's response to Dolarhyde that the police find in Chapter 14 and why they decide to run it rather than stop it.
7. What was Lounds' job when he first started at the Tattler as described in Chapter 16?
8. How is Dolarhyde's confrontation with the newspaper stand vendor different than what Dolarhyde would have done in the past?
9. What happens that places Francis Dolarhyde in the army?
10. Describe the ledger that Dolarhyde uses to put his newspaper clippings in in Chapter 11.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Dolarhyde want Reba to go and be able to touch the tiger at the zoo? Why did this create such strong feelings in Dolarhyde?
Essay Topic 2
After Reba and Dolarhyde sleep together he puts her hand on his face. What does this symbolize for Dolarhyde? What does it show about the relationship between the two of them?
Essay Topic 3
Why is it that Dolarhyde doesn't fully realize that he has begun to have feelings for Reba? Why is it that the service man at the station attempting to look up Reba's dress is what gives him an idea that he is beginning to care for her? What does this reveal about Dolarhyde?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)