|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Graham's main reason for not liking Crawford's plan?
2. What does Marian's mother do in order to keep from losing her house?
3. What excuse does Dolarhyde say that he wants the infrared film for?
4. What does Marian's mother do when Marian and her wealthy husband refuse to help her with her bills?
5. Why does Dolarhyde go to Baeder Chemical?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12 what is discovered about the marking that was left in the tree by the killer?
2. In Chapter 6 how does Graham describe his encounter with Dr. Lecter?
3. How does Dolarhyde change when he realizes that Reba is blind?
4. What does Graham dream about in the end of Chapter 54 while in the hospital?
5. What takes place in the phone call between Graham and Molly and Willy in Chapter 40?
6. What is odd about Dolarhyde's speech when he talks to Eileen in Chapter 9?
7. In Chapter 18 what information does Bloom give Crawford, Graham, and the others, in reference to the killer, to use in the made-up story that Lounds was going to produce?
8. What does Lecter do after Graham leaves him in Chapter 8?
9. What is Dolarhyde looking for and making note of when he goes to the Brooklyn Museum in Chapter 39?
10. Why does the fire inspector not expect to find remains of Dolarhyde?
Essay Topic 1
Why is it that Dolarhyde doesn't fully realize that he has begun to have feelings for Reba? Why is it that the service man at the station attempting to look up Reba's dress is what gives him an idea that he is beginning to care for her? What does this reveal about Dolarhyde?
Essay Topic 2
Why is it that Dolarhyde uses his grandmother's teeth in the killings? When the Dragon has Dolarhyde maim his genitals with his grandmother's teeth the Dragon says that they are his teeth. What connection does the grandmother and the Dragon have?
Essay Topic 3
Reba McClane had believed that Dolarhyde was a shy gentleman and that the reason for his behavior was simply that he was awkward. What did Dolarhyde do that should have given Reba warning signs?
This section contains 1,741 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)