Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lecter told to sign his letter to the "Tooth Fairy" with?
2. What does Francis' stepbrother do to him when Francis comes to live with his mother?
3. What reason does Carpenter give for needing Graham to help with the murder investigation?
4. What is it that makes Graham glad that Molly can't see him right now?
5. What reason do the police give to explain why the killer covered Mr. Leeds' body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is odd about Dolarhyde's speech when he talks to Eileen in Chapter 9?
2. After Lounds is taken captive by Dolarhyde what is Dolarhyde's response to Lounds' phrase "man to man"?
3. In Chapter 18 what information does Bloom give Crawford, Graham, and the others, in reference to the killer, to use in the made-up story that Lounds was going to produce?
4. How are things different after Graham returns home in Chapter 53?
5. What does the range master note about the couple, Graham and Molly, at the shooting range at the end of Chapter 15?
6. What is the first thing that Graham does when he arrives in Atlanta in Chapter 2?
7. How are the teeth imprints found on the bodies described in Chapter 3?
8. What does Graham not like about Crawford's plan involving Freddy Lounds in Chapter 17?
9. What does the Dragon offer Dolarhyde in Chapter 44?
10. What is determined in regards to the new leads left by the killer from Lounds' murder?
When Graham is at Dolarhyde's work fingerprinting, Dolarhyde sees them and begins to panic. Dolarhyde calls Graham a monster. In what way could Graham be Dolarhyde's monster? Why is this word odd for Dolarhyde to use in this way? Why is it accurate?
Dolarhyde's only word that he says while at the Graham's house is "Muhner" or Mother pronounced just as he had before his corrective surgery. Why was this his last word and what does it reveal about Dolarhyde? What effect did his death have on Molly? Did she blame Graham or simply associate him with the events? Explain.
Why did Dolarhyde want Reba to go and be able to touch the tiger at the zoo? Why did this create such strong feelings in Dolarhyde?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)