|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolarhyde find when the technician turns on the lights in the room?
2. What do they convince Lecter has happened in order to keep him out of his cell?
3. What does Dolarhyde write the letter on?
4. What happens when Francis' mother finds out about the condition of Francis' grandmother?
5. What does Freddy Lounds do when Graham leaves his meeting with Lecter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dolarhyde change when he realizes that Reba is blind?
2. What takes place in the phone call between Graham and Molly and Willy in Chapter 40?
3. Describe Dolarhyde's reaction to the painting of George Washington in the Brooklyn Museum.
4. What does Dolarhyde tell Reba about the Leeds family and the Jacobi family?
5. Why does the fire inspector not expect to find remains of Dolarhyde?
6. In Chapter 18 what information does Bloom give Crawford, Graham, and the others, in reference to the killer, to use in the made-up story that Lounds was going to produce?
7. Describe Dr. Lecter's response to Dolarhyde that the police find in Chapter 14 and why they decide to run it rather than stop it.
8. What is Reba's reaction when Dolarhyde tells her that he would rather her die with him than to be left to the Dragon?
9. Who does the Dragon demand to have in Chapter 37?
10. Describe the response that Dolarhyde's stepbrothers and sisters have when he arrives.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Graham's marriage is slowly falling apart. What is shown between these two characters that gives a glimpse of hope that they can make the marriage work? What happens that foreshadows the marriage failing?
Essay Topic 2
After Reba and Dolarhyde sleep together he puts her hand on his face. What does this symbolize for Dolarhyde? What does it show about the relationship between the two of them?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Dolarhyde want Reba to go and be able to touch the tiger at the zoo? Why did this create such strong feelings in Dolarhyde?
This section contains 1,830 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)