|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wendy say to Graham at the funeral?
2. What does Graham read in the Leeds home that reveals the mother had a biopsy on a lump in her breast?
3. What is Dr. Lecter able to get from Dr. Bloom's assistant?
4. How does Dolarhyde respond when he sees his mother at his grandmother's funeral?
5. Where does Dolarhyde drive Lounds?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lecter do after Graham leaves him in Chapter 8?
2. In Chapter 18 what information does Bloom give Crawford, Graham, and the others, in reference to the killer, to use in the made-up story that Lounds was going to produce?
3. What are some of the reasons that Graham initially doesn't want to go help Crawford with the murder investigation?
4. How does Dolarhyde change when he realizes that Reba is blind?
5. Why does Graham go back to the Leeds' house again in Chapter 5?
6. What is Marian Dolarhyde's response when she sees her son after he is born?
7. In Chapter 6 how does Graham describe his encounter with Dr. Lecter?
8. Describe the ledger that Dolarhyde uses to put his newspaper clippings in in Chapter 11.
9. After Lounds is taken captive by Dolarhyde what is Dolarhyde's response to Lounds' phrase "man to man"?
10. What is Dr. Lecter's response when Dr. Chilton arrives and takes away Lecter's books as punishment for helping the killer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Dolarhyde become desperate to destroy the Dragon even though it is the Dragon that Dolarhyde believes he gets his power from? Why was Dolarhyde unable to break loose of the Dragon's grasp?
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Lecter never is shown revealing any emotion except in Graham's recalling. What does this reveal about Dr. Lecter? Does this make him more or less believable as a "bad guy" in the story? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Why is it that Dolarhyde doesn't fully realize that he has begun to have feelings for Reba? Why is it that the service man at the station attempting to look up Reba's dress is what gives him an idea that he is beginning to care for her? What does this reveal about Dolarhyde?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)