|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Graham found in Lecter's office that led him to the realization that Lecter was the killer that Graham had been looking for?
2. Who are the police hoping will show up at Lounds' funeral?
3. What does Crawford hope to do with the help of Lounds?
4. What excuse does Dolarhyde say that he wants the infrared film for?
5. What does Dolarhyde write the letter on?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6 how does Graham describe his encounter with Dr. Lecter?
2. In Chapter 12 what is discovered about the marking that was left in the tree by the killer?
3. What happens that places Francis Dolarhyde in the army?
4. What was Lounds' job when he first started at the Tattler as described in Chapter 16?
5. How are the teeth imprints found on the bodies described in Chapter 3?
6. What is determined in regards to the new leads left by the killer from Lounds' murder?
7. What does Marian's mother do with Francis Dolarhyde to exact revenge upon her daughter?
8. How is Dolarhyde's confrontation with the newspaper stand vendor different than what Dolarhyde would have done in the past?
9. Describe Dr. Lecter's response to Dolarhyde that the police find in Chapter 14 and why they decide to run it rather than stop it.
10. What does the range master note about the couple, Graham and Molly, at the shooting range at the end of Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After Reba and Dolarhyde sleep together he puts her hand on his face. What does this symbolize for Dolarhyde? What does it show about the relationship between the two of them?
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Lecter never is shown revealing any emotion except in Graham's recalling. What does this reveal about Dr. Lecter? Does this make him more or less believable as a "bad guy" in the story? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Dolarhyde watches Reba kiss Ralph Mandy and it hurts him. Why does Dolarhyde kill Ralph Mandy? Explain - 'Seeing Reba kiss Mandy had stabbed Dolarhyde deep. Then the pain left him for good.' What does it mean that it left him for good? Is this an omniscient view of Dolarhyde's feelings or does Dolarhyde feel that the pain has left him for good?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)