|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lecter ask for after Graham is gone?
2. What does Graham find where the killer entered at the second victims' house?
3. What is Dr. Lecter able to get from Dr. Bloom's assistant?
4. What is Lounds able to memorize while he is bound and gagged?
5. What is Lecter promised in return for looking at the murder case for Graham?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that places Francis Dolarhyde in the army?
2. What was Lounds' job when he first started at the Tattler as described in Chapter 16?
3. What is odd about Dolarhyde's speech when he talks to Eileen in Chapter 9?
4. What does Reba tell Police when they show up at the scene of the house fire?
5. What does the letter from Dr. Lecter say that Graham receives while in the hospital?
6. What happens when Dolarhyde appears at Graham's house?
7. What arrangement does Graham make with Lecter when he goes to visit Lecter in Chapter 7?
8. Why does the fire inspector not expect to find remains of Dolarhyde?
9. What does Dolarhyde do when he sees Reba kiss Ralph Mandy?
10. Why does Crawford worry about Graham and think about pulling him out of the empty court room in Chapter 32?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it that Dolarhyde doesn't fully realize that he has begun to have feelings for Reba? Why is it that the service man at the station attempting to look up Reba's dress is what gives him an idea that he is beginning to care for her? What does this reveal about Dolarhyde?
Essay Topic 2
When Graham is at Dolarhyde's work fingerprinting, Dolarhyde sees them and begins to panic. Dolarhyde calls Graham a monster. In what way could Graham be Dolarhyde's monster? Why is this word odd for Dolarhyde to use in this way? Why is it accurate?
Essay Topic 3
Graham and Molly lost a lot while he was working on the case. Could their marriage be salvaged? Why or why not? Was Graham putting the case, or his need to work, before his marriage and family? Explain.
This section contains 1,683 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)