|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dolarhyde explain to Lounds that he killed the families?
(c) To keep the dragon at bay
(d) To fulfill his life's purpose
2. What method is it believed that the "Tooth Fairy" and Lecter plan to use to communicate?
(a) People Magazine
(b) Police scanners
(c) Doctor notes
(d) The Tattler
3. What does Lounds first believe to be in the thermos?
(a) Home made wine
(b) Evidence from the murders
(c) His eyes
(d) His lips
4. What does the thermos actually contain?
(b) A note for Graham
(c) A note for Lecter
5. What happens when Francis' mother finds out about the condition of Francis' grandmother?
(a) The mother sends the state in to take controll of the estate
(b) The mother comes and hires extra help for the house
(c) The mother has them disowned
(d) The grandmother is sent to a nursing home
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Graham's main reason for not liking Crawford's plan?
2. What do the majority of the people at Lounds' funeral believe about Graham?
3. What does Francis' stepbrother do to him when Francis comes to live with his mother?
4. What does Graham find where the killer entered at the second victims' house?
5. What information does Graham get from Lounds' murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reba refuse Dolarhyde's offer for a ride home?
2. What is determined in regards to the new leads left by the killer from Lounds' murder?
3. In Chapter 12 what is discovered about the marking that was left in the tree by the killer?
4. What does Molly tell Graham when they get home?
5. Describe Dr. Lecter's response to Dolarhyde that the police find in Chapter 14 and why they decide to run it rather than stop it.
6. What is Reba's reaction when Dolarhyde tells her that he would rather her die with him than to be left to the Dragon?
7. What are some of the similarities that Graham lists between the Leeds family and the Jacobi family in Chapter 10?
8. Describe Dolarhyde's reaction to the painting of George Washington in the Brooklyn Museum.
9. What does Graham not like about Crawford's plan involving Freddy Lounds in Chapter 17?
10. What is Marian Dolarhyde's response when she sees her son after he is born?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)