|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Francis Dolarhyde search his house before he relaxes?
(a) Vandalism in the neighborhood
(b) He hears something
(c) His grandmother's ghost
(d) Recent robberies
2. How does Dolarhyde respond when he sees his mother at his grandmother's funeral?
(a) He ignores her
(b) He does the "Hot-Dog" dance
(c) He hugs her
(d) He slaps her
3. How does Francis' grandmother begin to act when he turns eight?
(a) Like a queen
(b) Like a Boston lady
(c) Like a Southern belle
4. What happens to Mr. Vogt in his running for legislature after Marian's mother introduces Marian's child around?
(a) He is disqualified
(b) He is to ashamed to continue his nomination
(c) He loses
(d) He wins
5. What is found to be hidden in the message from Lecter?
(a) Where to find Lecter's notes
(b) Graham's home address
(c) Lecter's praise for the "Tooth Fairy's" fine work
(d) Instructions on how to get Lecter out
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they convince Lecter has happened in order to keep him out of his cell?
2. How does Dolarhyde sign his letter?
3. What method is it believed that the "Tooth Fairy" and Lecter plan to use to communicate?
4. Who does Dolarhyde write a letter to?
5. What is in one of the pictures of Graham in the hopes that it will lead the killer to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that places Francis Dolarhyde in the army?
2. Describe Dr. Lecter's response to Dolarhyde that the police find in Chapter 14 and why they decide to run it rather than stop it.
3. How does Dolarhyde change when he realizes that Reba is blind?
4. What is odd about Dolarhyde's speech when he talks to Eileen in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 12 what is discovered about the marking that was left in the tree by the killer?
6. Describe the response that Dolarhyde's stepbrothers and sisters have when he arrives.
7. What are some of the similarities that Graham lists between the Leeds family and the Jacobi family in Chapter 10?
8. Why does Graham go back to the Leeds' house again in Chapter 5?
9. In Chapter 6 how does Graham describe his encounter with Dr. Lecter?
10. What is Marian Dolarhyde's response when she sees her son after he is born?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)