|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distracts Graham while Crawford is showing him pictures of the murdered families?
(a) A note on the back of the photos
(b) Graham's wife and son
(c) Graham's dog
(d) A woman walking by
2. Why does the doctor refuse to let Marian Dolarhyde Trevane see her baby?
(a) Face deformities
(b) Her mother had refused to allow it
(c) There is a family to adopt the child
(d) She is a single mother
3. After looking over the file what does Lecter say that the killer goes outside to look at after he has murdered?
(a) The neighbors watching American Idol
(b) The house with the dead bodies inside
(c) The victim's blood in the moonlight
(d) His disfigured face without the harsh daylight
4. Where is Francis sent shortly after coming to live with his mother?
(a) Millitary school
(b) A foster home
(c) Boarding school
(d) A distant relatives
5. Who found the letter to Lecter from the "Tooth Fairy"?
(a) A nurse
(c) Cleaning man
(d) Lecter's mother
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Eileen's boyfriend make fun of at a party that Eileen apologizes for?
2. What information is Lounds able to give the police before he slips into a coma and dies?
3. What does the thermos actually contain?
4. What does Marian's mother do when Marian and her wealthy husband refuse to help her with her bills?
5. What does Graham think that the killer would have wanted to witness before killing the first family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Graham not like about Crawford's plan involving Freddy Lounds in Chapter 17?
2. What is Marian Dolarhyde's response when she sees her son after he is born?
3. How is Dolarhyde's confrontation with the newspaper stand vendor different than what Dolarhyde would have done in the past?
4. After Lounds is taken captive by Dolarhyde what is Dolarhyde's response to Lounds' phrase "man to man"?
5. What is the first thing that Graham does when he arrives in Atlanta in Chapter 2?
6. Describe the conversation Wendy and Graham have at Lounds' gravesite?
7. Describe Dr. Lecter's response to Dolarhyde that the police find in Chapter 14 and why they decide to run it rather than stop it.
8. In Chapter 18 what information does Bloom give Crawford, Graham, and the others, in reference to the killer, to use in the made-up story that Lounds was going to produce?
9. In Chapter 12 what is discovered about the marking that was left in the tree by the killer?
10. What does Marian's mother do with Francis Dolarhyde to exact revenge upon her daughter?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)