|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Freddy Lounds work?
(a) People magazine
(b) American's today
(c) Tattler tabloid
(d) The zoo
2. When Graham finds the tree the killer must have used, what two things does Graham find still in it?
(a) A symbol carved in the tree and a Hostess wrapper
(b) Chewing gum and the killer's initials carved in the tree
(c) A late light bill and a list of people to kill
(d) Coke can and a symbol carved in the tree
3. What does Graham go to do before the Tattler runs?
(a) Get fitted for a bullet proof vest
(b) Practice at the shooting range
(c) Make out a new will
(d) Warn his wife
4. Who does Lounds ask for before he dies?
(b) The "Tooth Fairy"
(c) A priest
5. What is found in the treads of the wheelchair?
(a) Gardening dirt
(b) Hair fibers
(c) Film ink
Short Answer Questions
1. What method is it believed that the "Tooth Fairy" and Lecter plan to use to communicate?
2. Why does Dolarhyde go to Baeder Chemical?
3. What did Freddy Lounds take pictures of that angered Graham in the past?
4. What is it that makes Graham glad that Molly can't see him right now?
5. What does the symbol carved in the tree represent on the mah-jongg piece?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation Wendy and Graham have at Lounds' gravesite?
2. How is Dolarhyde's confrontation with the newspaper stand vendor different than what Dolarhyde would have done in the past?
3. What is the first thing that Graham does when he arrives in Atlanta in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 18 what information does Bloom give Crawford, Graham, and the others, in reference to the killer, to use in the made-up story that Lounds was going to produce?
5. What is the thermos used for that Dolarhyde puts in Lounds' lap?
6. Describe the response that Dolarhyde's stepbrothers and sisters have when he arrives.
7. What does the range master note about the couple, Graham and Molly, at the shooting range at the end of Chapter 15?
8. In Chapter 6 how does Graham describe his encounter with Dr. Lecter?
9. Describe the ledger that Dolarhyde uses to put his newspaper clippings in in Chapter 11.
10. What does Graham not like about Crawford's plan involving Freddy Lounds in Chapter 17?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)