|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dolarhyde find when the technician turns on the lights in the room?
(a) She has a cleft pallet
(b) She is blind
(c) She is beautiful
(d) She has a dragon tattoo
2. Why do they decide to let the note run as it is?
(a) There is no way to decode it in time
(b) It gave an address to the next victim
(c) It contained no information other than praise
(d) The police could follow the "Tooth Fairy" with the information
3. Where did the police find a fingerprint of the killer?
(a) A piece of broken mirror
(b) On a book signed by Dr. Hannibal Lecter
(c) The mother's forehead
(d) One of the children's eyes
4. What does Graham put on to watch while in the Leeds home?
(a) The news report of the murder
(b) Graham's new Spanish lessons
(c) The recorded autopsy of the Leeds family
(d) Leeds' home movie
5. When Graham finds the tree the killer must have used, what two things does Graham find still in it?
(a) A late light bill and a list of people to kill
(b) Coke can and a symbol carved in the tree
(c) Chewing gum and the killer's initials carved in the tree
(d) A symbol carved in the tree and a Hostess wrapper
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dolarhyde borrow from Eileen?
2. How is Lounds secured to the wheelchair?
3. What does Francis' grandmother threaten to do when she hears that Francis was naked with a neighbor girl?
4. Who found the letter to Lecter from the "Tooth Fairy"?
5. What information is Lounds able to give the police before he slips into a coma and dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dr. Lecter's response to Dolarhyde that the police find in Chapter 14 and why they decide to run it rather than stop it.
2. In Chapter 12 what is discovered about the marking that was left in the tree by the killer?
3. What does Lecter do after Graham leaves him in Chapter 8?
4. Describe the ledger that Dolarhyde uses to put his newspaper clippings in in Chapter 11.
5. Describe the conversation Wendy and Graham have at Lounds' gravesite?
6. What is the first thing that Graham does when he arrives in Atlanta in Chapter 2?
7. In Chapter 18 what information does Bloom give Crawford, Graham, and the others, in reference to the killer, to use in the made-up story that Lounds was going to produce?
8. What is odd about Dolarhyde's speech when he talks to Eileen in Chapter 9?
9. What does Marian's mother do with Francis Dolarhyde to exact revenge upon her daughter?
10. What are some of the reasons that Graham initially doesn't want to go help Crawford with the murder investigation?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)