|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After looking over the file what does Lecter say that the killer goes outside to look at after he has murdered?
(a) The neighbors watching American Idol
(b) The victim's blood in the moonlight
(c) His disfigured face without the harsh daylight
(d) The house with the dead bodies inside
2. What do the police in Chicago accuse Graham of?
(a) Letting the killer slip through his fingers
(b) Not doing his job
(c) Making the police look incompetent
(d) Setting Lounds up to die
3. Where does Dolarhyde pick up a copy of the Tattler?
(a) Lambert St. Louis International Airport
(b) A co-worker
(c) Out of the trash
4. Why does the doctor refuse to let Marian Dolarhyde Trevane see her baby?
(a) Face deformities
(b) Her mother had refused to allow it
(c) There is a family to adopt the child
(d) She is a single mother
5. What do they convince Lecter has happened in order to keep him out of his cell?
(a) A water leak
(b) A day of mourning for the president
(c) A gas leak
(d) A mouse problem
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Francis' grandmother begin to act when he turns eight?
2. What is Dr. Lecter able to get from Dr. Bloom's assistant?
3. Where is Francis sent shortly after coming to live with his mother?
4. What reason does Carpenter give for needing Graham to help with the murder investigation?
5. What does Dolarhyde write the letter on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the reasons that Graham initially doesn't want to go help Crawford with the murder investigation?
2. Describe the response that Dolarhyde's stepbrothers and sisters have when he arrives.
3. What does Marian's mother do with Francis Dolarhyde to exact revenge upon her daughter?
4. What is the first thing that Graham does when he arrives in Atlanta in Chapter 2?
5. What is Marian Dolarhyde's response when she sees her son after he is born?
6. What does Dolarhyde say to Dr Lecter in reference to Graham on the toilet paper in Chapter 13?
7. In Chapter 18 what information does Bloom give Crawford, Graham, and the others, in reference to the killer, to use in the made-up story that Lounds was going to produce?
8. What is Dr. Lecter's response when Dr. Chilton arrives and takes away Lecter's books as punishment for helping the killer?
9. How are the teeth imprints found on the bodies described in Chapter 3?
10. In Chapter 12 what is discovered about the marking that was left in the tree by the killer?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)