|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Doc introduce his 'real' wife?
2. How does Pat feel when he finds someone in his car at the end of Chapter 18?
3. Whom does Pat decide he can fully trust?
4. Whom will Doc frame for his supposed murder?
5. What does Pat conclude after listening to Lila's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bill Hardesty inadvertently acknowledge in Chapter 22?
2. Why does Pat wonder if Lila killed Eggleston?
3. What is Madeline's and Bill's scheme?
4. Why does Pat stop attacking Bill Hardesty?
5. Why does Pat tell Eggleston the truth when Eggleston questions him?
6. What does Pat discover when he goes to Doc's apartment after the meeting?
7. Does Pat have a happy ending?
8. As of Chapter 26, are Pat and Lila in similar situations? Use evidence from the story to support your argument.
9. What does Pat realize about Doc in Chapter 17?
10. Why is Pat stunned in Chapter 23?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Doc's outward appearance of an easy-going man contrasts with his manipulation of Pat's current living situation. How is he able to control Pat's actions without acting controlling towards Pat?
Essay Topic 2
How is seduction used as a tool in "Recoil"?
Essay Topic 3
How does Doc use manipulation to get what he wants in the story?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)