|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pat wonders if whom killed Eggleston?
2. What does Pat fear Doc has done in Chapter 16?
3. Why did Doc kill Eggleston?
4. What does Pat see on Eggleston's desk?
5. Whom does Pat decide he can fully trust?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't Madeline arrested in Chapter 29?
2. Why is Pat relieved after reading the newspaper article about Eggleston's death?
3. According to Eggleston, why was Pat paroled and not pardoned?
4. Does Doc have a happy ending?
5. Why is Pat's announcement to the men at the meeting not as effective as he was expecting?
6. Does Pat trust Madeline?
7. Does Pat have a happy ending?
8. Why is Pat stunned in Chapter 23?
9. What is Madeline's and Bill's scheme?
10. Is Doc's plan ruined because of Edgar's announcement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters who are morally upstanding and those characters who are morally corrupt.
Essay Topic 2
How do the setting and tone of the story contribute to the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the power and influence Doc has over Lila. Explore how the relationship mutated from a doctor-patient relationship to what it is in the novel and how it devolves at the end of the novel.
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)