Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who points a gun at Pat in Chapter 22?
2. How does Doc feel after hearing of Bill Hardesty's plan?
3. What is just as easy to get as parole?
4. What is Pat offered in exchange for information on Doc?
5. What does Henry bring Pat in Chapter 24?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the National Phalanx and how its "Red Scare" tactics are reflective of the period in which the novel was written.
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of violent episodes in the novel, often including the protagonist. Discuss the concept of violence in "Recoil".
Essay Topic 3
While Pat visits Madeline in Chapter 12, a parole officer enters the apartment. Describe this episode and explain the significance of:
a) The parole officer willing to accept a bribe.
b) Pat exposing his scars.
c) Pat beating the parole officer into submission.
d) Pat trusting Madeline.
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)