|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Madeline and Bill Hardesty plan on ruining Doc's scheme?
2. Whom will Doc frame for his supposed murder?
3. What is the second newspaper article that Pat reads in Chapter 24 about?
4. What does Pat do when he returns home in Chapter 23?
5. What does the caller in Chapter 21 apologize for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the setting and tone of the story contribute to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the power and influence Doc has over Lila. Explore how the relationship mutated from a doctor-patient relationship to what it is in the novel and how it devolves at the end of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
How does the period in which the story is set affect the book? How would these characters have acted if it were present day? Would they be able to pull off such a scheme?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)