|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pat react to the policeman at Eggleston's office building?
2. What does Henry bring Pat in Chapter 24?
3. How does Pat describe Bill Hardesty's scheme?
4. What did Lila do for Doc in the past?
5. Why did Doc kill Eggleston?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the setting and tone of the story contribute to the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Doc and Pat. How are their personalities different? How are their life stories different? Are there any similarities between the two men?
Essay Topic 3
How does Doc use manipulation to get what he wants in the story?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)