|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pat answer Eggleston's questions?
2. What was Madeline's assignment in Doc's scheme?
3. Why did Doc kill Eggleston?
4. Who is responsible for exposing Arnholt?
5. What does the caller in Chapter 21 apologize for?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the National Phalanx and how its "Red Scare" tactics are reflective of the period in which the novel was written.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the relationships Pat has with Lila and with Madeline. Use examples from the story to reinforce your opinions.
Essay Topic 3
How does the period in which the story is set affect the book? How would these characters have acted if it were present day? Would they be able to pull off such a scheme?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)