|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat intend to do at Eggleston's office?
2. What does Bill Hardesty say about Lila at the meeting?
3. Who arranged Doc's life insurance policies?
4. How does Doc feel after hearing of Bill Hardesty's plan?
5. What is the weather like when Pat goes to his office in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Madeline's and Bill's scheme?
2. Why does Pat decide to smuggle the body out of the building?
3. Is Doc's plan ruined because of Edgar's announcement?
4. What does Pat realize about Doc in Chapter 17?
5. In Chapter 19, why is Eggleston acting so despicable towards Pat?
6. Why is Pat stunned in Chapter 23?
7. Why should Henry be troubled?
8. What is Bill Hardesty's scheme?
9. When Pat goes to Eggleston's office, why does he wait until Eggleston has left his office before entering?
10. Why does Pat decline Rita Kennedy's offer of future job security?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some unanswered questions in the story? Are they vital to the story or are they insignificant? Is there anything that goes unanswered that affects your opinion of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters who are morally upstanding and those characters who are morally corrupt.
Essay Topic 3
How does the period in which the story is set affect the book? How would these characters have acted if it were present day? Would they be able to pull off such a scheme?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)