Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who points a gun at Pat in Chapter 22?
2. How does Doc feel after hearing of Bill Hardesty's plan?
3. What is just as easy to get as parole?
4. What is Pat offered in exchange for information on Doc?
5. What does Henry bring Pat in Chapter 24?
Essay Topic 1
The theme of greed is seen throughout the novel, especially in the corrupt world of Doc Luther. Examine how greed affects Doc Luther's life. Use and expand on at least three examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of intrigue and suspense to pique the reader's interest. Is he successful? How does this story compare to other novels you have read of the same genre?
Essay Topic 3
What are some unanswered questions in the story? Are they vital to the story or are they insignificant? Is there anything that goes unanswered that affects your opinion of the story?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)