|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who points a gun at Pat in Chapter 22?
2. How does Doc feel after hearing of Bill Hardesty's plan?
3. What is just as easy to get as parole?
4. What is Pat offered in exchange for information on Doc?
5. What does Henry bring Pat in Chapter 24?
Essay Topic 1
There are a number of violent episodes in the novel, often including the protagonist. Discuss the concept of violence in "Recoil".
Essay Topic 2
Doc's outward appearance of an easy-going man contrasts with his manipulation of Pat's current living situation. How is he able to control Pat's actions without acting controlling towards Pat?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss politics in "Recoil." Is it portrayed in a positive or negative light? How does it affect our protagonist?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)