|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Pat and Eggleston plan to meet?
2. What will Henry need to do to ready Pat's room in Chapter 24?
3. Who is responsible for exposing Arnholt?
4. Relative to the appointed time, when does Pat arrive at Eggleston's office?
5. Who is arrested at the end of Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pat tell Eggleston the truth when Eggleston questions him?
2. As of Chapter 26, are Pat and Lila in similar situations? Use evidence from the story to support your argument.
3. Does Pat trust Madeline?
4. Why is Pat relieved after reading the newspaper article about Eggleston's death?
5. What is Doc's plan for Pat?
6. Why does Lila insist on a ride from Pat in Chapter 27?
7. What does the loss of Pat's job mean for Doc?
8. What does Pat discover when he goes to Doc's apartment after the meeting?
9. What is Bill Hardesty's scheme?
10. Why does Pat decline Rita Kennedy's offer of future job security?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Doc and Pat. How are their personalities different? How are their life stories different? Are there any similarities between the two men?
Essay Topic 2
What are some unanswered questions in the story? Are they vital to the story or are they insignificant? Is there anything that goes unanswered that affects your opinion of the story?
Essay Topic 3
How is seduction used as a tool in "Recoil"?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)