|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat reveal on his body to Madeline and the parole officer?
2. What did Pat intend to do at the bank before he robbed it?
3. How does Lila explain the purchase of the car?
4. What does Pat notice about the Capitol building?
5. Where did Pat grow up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Pat find out more about Doc from Lila? Why or why not?
2. Describe Myrtle Briscoe.
3. What does Pat notice about downtown Capitol City?
4. Why doesn't Madeline share her life story with Pat?
5. Why does Lila apparently buy the car for Pat?
6. What is Pat's physical description of Doc?
7. What makes Pat realize that he is in serious trouble?
8. Why is Doc jealous of Bill Hardesty?
9. Why does Madeline caution Pat to be careful around Doc?
10. What does Pat reveal to Madeline and the parole officer in Chapter 12? Why does he do this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the relationships Pat has with Lila and with Madeline. Use examples from the story to reinforce your opinions.
Essay Topic 2
What are some unanswered questions in the story? Are they vital to the story or are they insignificant? Is there anything that goes unanswered that affects your opinion of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters who are morally upstanding and those characters who are morally corrupt.
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)