|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the run-in with Madeline, what does Doc tell Pat on the drive to the house?
2. What does Pat claim as he leaves Lila's bedroom?
3. Whose advice does Lila appear to respond to?
4. After questioning Pat, what does Doc determine?
5. How does Lila react to Doc ordering her to leave the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What documents is Doc looking at in Chapter 1?
2. Why does Pat visit Bill Hardesty?
3. Why did Doc steal money from the college?
4. Is Pat an intelligent character? Support your answer with evidence from the first five chapters.
5. Describe Pat's new home.
6. What is Pat's physical description of Doc?
7. Why was Pat tried as an adult instead of a juvenile when he was seventeen?
8. What does Pat notice about downtown Capitol City?
9. How does Pat feel about the woman he sees at the Capitol building?
10. Why is Pat somewhat disappointed by his job?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is seduction used as a tool in "Recoil"?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Doc and Pat. How are their personalities different? How are their life stories different? Are there any similarities between the two men?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Pat. What personality traits does he possess? How do these hinder him in the story? How do they help him?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)