|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat do when he sees Madeline for the first time?
2. What does the house where Doc and Pat live look like?
3. After Doc picks Pat up from prison, where do they drive towards?
4. How does Myrtle feel about Doc?
5. What do Madeline and Pat do together while he visits her at her apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Pat tried as an adult instead of a juvenile when he was seventeen?
2. What documents is Doc looking at in Chapter 1?
3. What do the documents that Doc is looking at say about Pat?
4. What is the purpose of the plan Doc is hatching?
5. Does Pat find out more about Doc from Lila? Why or why not?
6. Why is Pat somewhat disappointed by his job?
7. What is Pat's physical description of Doc?
8. How is Doc about to continue working in Capitol City after his shady past is revealed?
9. What does Pat notice about downtown Capitol City?
10. What makes Pat realize that he is in serious trouble?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the power and influence Doc has over Lila. Explore how the relationship mutated from a doctor-patient relationship to what it is in the novel and how it devolves at the end of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
What are some unanswered questions in the story? Are they vital to the story or are they insignificant? Is there anything that goes unanswered that affects your opinion of the story?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of justice utilized in the story? What are some examples in the novel of when justice prevailed? What are some examples of when justice was not served?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)