Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madeline take from Doc's car?
2. Who follows Pat out of town with Myrtle?
3. Who offers Pat a job?
4. Where is the job Senator Burkman promises for Pat?
5. What does Lila's pregnancy prevent her from doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Doc jealous of Bill Hardesty?
2. Why was Pat tried as an adult instead of a juvenile when he was seventeen?
3. How is Doc about to continue working in Capitol City after his shady past is revealed?
4. What is Bill Hardesty's scheme?
5. After the incident with Madeline in the parking lot, what does Doc tell Pat?
6. What do the documents that Doc is looking at say about Pat?
7. What is Pat's physical description of Doc?
8. Why did Doc steal money from the college?
9. Why does Pat stop attacking Bill Hardesty?
10. Is the parole officer good at his job? Use evidence from the story to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 1
The theme of greed is seen throughout the novel, especially in the corrupt world of Doc Luther. Examine how greed affects Doc Luther's life. Use and expand on at least three examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Pat. What personality traits does he possess? How do these hinder him in the story? How do they help him?
Essay Topic 3
What are some unanswered questions in the story? Are they vital to the story or are they insignificant? Is there anything that goes unanswered that affects your opinion of the story?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)