Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madeline take from Doc's car?
2. Who follows Pat out of town with Myrtle?
3. Who offers Pat a job?
4. Where is the job Senator Burkman promises for Pat?
5. What does Lila's pregnancy prevent her from doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Doc jealous of Bill Hardesty?
2. Why was Pat tried as an adult instead of a juvenile when he was seventeen?
3. How is Doc about to continue working in Capitol City after his shady past is revealed?
4. What is Bill Hardesty's scheme?
5. After the incident with Madeline in the parking lot, what does Doc tell Pat?
6. What do the documents that Doc is looking at say about Pat?
7. What is Pat's physical description of Doc?
8. Why did Doc steal money from the college?
9. Why does Pat stop attacking Bill Hardesty?
10. Is the parole officer good at his job? Use evidence from the story to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 1
How is the theme of justice utilized in the story? What are some examples in the novel of when justice prevailed? What are some examples of when justice was not served?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Doc and Pat. How are their personalities different? How are their life stories different? Are there any similarities between the two men?
Essay Topic 3
Pat visits the roadhouse diner on two occasions. What is the significance of the roadhouse diner? Use the physical description and the times Pat goes to the diner to guide your answer.
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)