Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Madeline take from Doc's car?
2. Who follows Pat out of town with Myrtle?
3. Who offers Pat a job?
4. Where is the job Senator Burkman promises for Pat?
5. What does Lila's pregnancy prevent her from doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Doc jealous of Bill Hardesty?
2. Why was Pat tried as an adult instead of a juvenile when he was seventeen?
3. How is Doc about to continue working in Capitol City after his shady past is revealed?
4. What is Bill Hardesty's scheme?
5. After the incident with Madeline in the parking lot, what does Doc tell Pat?
6. What do the documents that Doc is looking at say about Pat?
7. What is Pat's physical description of Doc?
8. Why did Doc steal money from the college?
9. Why does Pat stop attacking Bill Hardesty?
10. Is the parole officer good at his job? Use evidence from the story to support your opinion.
Discuss politics in "Recoil." Is it portrayed in a positive or negative light? How does it affect our protagonist?
How does the period in which the story is set affect the book? How would these characters have acted if it were present day? Would they be able to pull off such a scheme?
How are the central female characters portrayed in the novel? What role do Madeline, Lila Luther, and Myrtle Briscoe play in the development of the plot?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)