|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pat visit Madeline in Chapter 11?
2. What is the name of Pat's prison?
3. What does Doc question Pat about?
4. What has Lila inherited?
5. Where did Pat grow up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pat notice about downtown Capitol City?
2. What do the documents that Doc is looking at say about Pat?
3. What does Pat reveal to Madeline and the parole officer in Chapter 12? Why does he do this?
4. Does Pat find out more about Doc from Lila? Why or why not?
5. What does Pat think about while visiting the diner the second time?
6. What is Pat's physical description of Doc?
7. After the incident with Madeline in the parking lot, what does Doc tell Pat?
8. How is Doc about to continue working in Capitol City after his shady past is revealed?
9. Is Pat an intelligent character? Support your answer with evidence from the first five chapters.
10. Why did Doc steal money from the college?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Doc use manipulation to get what he wants in the story?
Essay Topic 2
Doc's outward appearance of an easy-going man contrasts with his manipulation of Pat's current living situation. How is he able to control Pat's actions without acting controlling towards Pat?
Essay Topic 3
How is seduction used as a tool in "Recoil"?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)