|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom will Doc frame for his supposed murder?
(a) Myrtle Briscoe.
(b) Senator Burkman.
(c) Governor Clay.
2. Where do Pat and Eggleston plan to have their meeting?
(a) At the boat launch.
(b) The roadhouse diner.
(c) Pat's apartment.
(d) Eggleston's office.
3. What does Pat do when he returns home in Chapter 23?
(a) Drinks alcohol.
(b) Eats some pie.
(c) Tells Doc everything.
(d) Takes a shower.
4. What does Pat wait for, outside Eggleston's office?
(a) For Doc's car to pull up.
(b) For Madeline to arrive.
(c) For the security guard to go on break.
(d) For Eggleston to leave.
5. What are the businessmen doing when Pat arrives at the meeting?
(a) Smoking cigars.
(b) Playing poker.
(c) Listening to a radio broadcast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is just as easy to get as parole?
2. How does Pat react to Madeline's betrayal?
3. What is the first newspaper article about that Pat reads in Chapter 24?
4. In Chapter 22, what part of Pat's body is the gun pointed towards?
5. Who points a gun at Pat in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lila insist on a ride from Pat in Chapter 27?
2. Why is Pat's announcement to the men at the meeting not as effective as he was expecting?
3. Why is Pat dismayed upon entering Eggleston's office?
4. In Chapter 19, why is Eggleston acting so despicable towards Pat?
5. Why does Pat stop attacking Bill Hardesty?
6. Does Doc have a happy ending?
7. Why does Pat wonder if Lila killed Eggleston?
8. Why should Henry be troubled?
9. What would Senator Burkman's loss in the election mean?
10. What does Pat realize about Doc in Chapter 17?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)