|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pat wonders if whom killed Eggleston?
(c) Senator Burkman.
2. What is just as easy to get as parole?
(a) A release.
(b) An exchange.
(c) A conviction.
(d) A pardon.
3. What shocking revelation does Pat come by in Chapter 25?
(a) Lila is Doc's niece.
(b) Doc and Lila are not married.
(c) Doc and Rita are married.
(d) Bill Hardesty and Madeline are married.
4. What rumor is supposedly being spread about Pat?
(a) Pat is working with the C.I.A.
(b) Pat is older than he says.
(c) Pat is scheming with Doc.
(d) Pat is sleeping with Lila.
5. What did Lila do for Doc in the past?
(a) Lila was Doc's maid for many years.
(b) Lila arranged private meetings between Doc and a mystery woman.
(c) Engaged in sexual relationships with influential married men.
(d) Lila convinced Doc's parents that they were in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Doc, who will the authorities soon be looking for?
2. How do Madeline and Bill Hardesty plan on ruining Doc's scheme?
3. Who is contacted by the media at the end of the book?
4. Who arranged Doc's life insurance policies?
5. What does Pat do when he returns home in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Pat's announcement to the men at the meeting not as effective as he was expecting?
2. In Chapter 19, why is Eggleston acting so despicable towards Pat?
3. Why should Henry be troubled?
4. Why isn't Madeline arrested in Chapter 29?
5. Why does Pat decide to smuggle the body out of the building?
6. What is Madeline's and Bill's scheme?
7. Does Doc have a happy ending?
8. Why does Pat tell Eggleston the truth when Eggleston questions him?
9. What does the loss of Pat's job mean for Doc?
10. Why is Pat stunned in Chapter 23?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)