|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Billy Hardesty's plan, who will split the insurance money?
(a) Bill and Madeline.
(b) Bill and Doc.
(c) Bill, Madeline, and Pat.
(d) Bill, Madeline, and Doc.
2. In what manner does Pat inform Doc of Hardesty's scheme?
3. Who is the real Mrs. Luther?
(c) Rita Kennedy.
(d) Myrtle Briscoe.
4. What is the first newspaper article about that Pat reads in Chapter 24?
(a) Myrtle's resignation.
(b) Doc's past.
(c) Eggleston's murder.
(d) Capitol City's deterioration.
5. How long does Eggleston think about Pat's answers?
(a) Almost an hour.
(b) An eternity.
(c) A few seconds.
(d) Several minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pat visit in Chapter 16?
2. What does Pat see on Eggleston's desk?
3. What does Pat intend to do at Eggleston's office?
4. What does Bill Hardesty say about Lila at the meeting?
5. Why did Doc kill Eggleston?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pat realize about Doc in Chapter 17?
2. What is Madeline's and Bill's scheme?
3. Whom will Doc's scheme benefit?
4. Why does Pat decide to smuggle the body out of the building?
5. Why does Pat decline Rita Kennedy's offer of future job security?
6. What does the loss of Pat's job mean for Doc?
7. Why is Pat dismayed upon entering Eggleston's office?
8. Why does Pat tell Eggleston the truth when Eggleston questions him?
9. According to Eggleston, why was Pat paroled and not pardoned?
10. Does Pat have a happy ending?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)