|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What facial expression does Pat get a glimpse of on Madeline's face?
(a) An expression of hatred.
(b) An expression of happiness.
(c) An expression of fear.
(d) An expression of disgust.
2. Why did Doc kill Eggleston?
(a) Eggleston slept with Madeline.
(b) Eggleston attempted blackmail.
(c) Eggleston knew too much about his scheme.
(d) Eggleston was threatening to report Doc to the authorities.
3. What is Pat offered in exchange for information on Doc?
(b) Job security.
(c) A raise.
(d) A full pardon.
4. What does Lila sell in Chapter 30?
(a) Her life story.
(b) Women's cosmetics.
(c) Her body.
5. What does Pat intend to do at Eggleston's office?
(a) Wait for Eggleston patiently.
(b) Steal Eggleston's gun.
(c) Go through Eggleston's files.
(d) Surprise Eggleston upon his return.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat wait for, outside Eggleston's office?
2. Why does Pat feel guilty in Chapter 17?
3. What shocking revelation does Pat come by in Chapter 25?
4. How do the men react to Pat's announcement that Lila is not Doc's wife?
5. Who is responsible for exposing Arnholt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pat decide to smuggle the body out of the building?
2. Why does Pat stop attacking Bill Hardesty?
3. Does Pat trust Madeline?
4. Why is Pat relieved after reading the newspaper article about Eggleston's death?
5. What does Pat believe Doc's plan is when Pat approaches Eggleston?
6. Why does Pat wonder if Lila killed Eggleston?
7. What would Senator Burkman's loss in the election mean?
8. What does Pat discover when he goes to Doc's apartment after the meeting?
9. Why does Pat tell Eggleston the truth when Eggleston questions him?
10. Why should Henry be troubled?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)