|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the person Pat visited in Chapter 16?
(a) Police officer.
(d) Private Investigator.
2. Whom does Pat decide he can fully trust?
(d) Governor Clay.
3. According to Madeline, how was she able to win Pat over?
(a) With her sweet smile.
(b) With her sensual perfume.
(c) With her intelligent mind.
(d) With petting and kissing.
4. What does Rita Kennedy tell Pat over the phone?
(a) His pay has been reduced.
(b) He has been fired.
(c) He has gotten a promotion.
(d) He has gotten a raise.
5. Relative to the appointed time, when does Pat arrive at Eggleston's office?
(b) Five minutes late.
(c) Extremely late.
(d) On time.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what manner does Pat inform Doc of Hardesty's scheme?
2. What does Bill Hardesty reveal to Pat in Chapter 22?
3. How do the men react to Pat's announcement that Lila is not Doc's wife?
4. Why is Bill Hardesty upset with Doc?
5. Why does Pat whisper on the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pat wonder if Lila killed Eggleston?
2. What does Pat believe Doc's plan is when Pat approaches Eggleston?
3. In Chapter 19, why is Eggleston acting so despicable towards Pat?
4. Why is Pat stunned in Chapter 23?
5. Does Pat trust Madeline?
6. What does the loss of Pat's job mean for Doc?
7. What is Doc's plan for Pat?
8. What does Pat discover when he goes to Doc's apartment after the meeting?
9. Why is Pat dismayed upon entering Eggleston's office?
10. Why is Pat relieved after reading the newspaper article about Eggleston's death?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)