|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Lila's real husband?
(a) He drank himself to death.
(b) He ran off with his secretary.
(c) Lila gave him too much medicine and he died.
(d) He died in a ten-car accident.
2. What rumor is supposedly being spread about Pat?
(a) Pat is older than he says.
(b) Pat is sleeping with Lila.
(c) Pat is working with the C.I.A.
(d) Pat is scheming with Doc.
3. How does Pat describe Bill Hardesty's scheme?
(a) Very stupid.
(b) Very simple.
(c) Very subtle.
(d) Very silly.
4. Where is Eggleston's body?
(a) On the floor.
(b) Shoved in the closet.
(c) On the sofa.
(d) At his desk.
5. What is the agreed opinion of Pat's situation?
(a) It is precarious.
(b) It is suspicious.
(c) It is dangerous.
(d) It is fabulous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill Hardesty reveal to Pat in Chapter 22?
2. What does Eggleston want in exchange for Pat's information?
3. How does Pat react to Madeline's betrayal?
4. Why did Doc kill Eggleston?
5. Who asks Pat for a ride home in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lila insist on a ride from Pat in Chapter 27?
2. What does Pat believe Doc's plan is when Pat approaches Eggleston?
3. Does Pat have a happy ending?
4. What does Pat discover when he goes to Doc's apartment after the meeting?
5. What is Bill Hardesty's scheme?
6. Why does Pat stop attacking Bill Hardesty?
7. When Pat goes to Eggleston's office, why does he wait until Eggleston has left his office before entering?
8. Why is Pat dismayed upon entering Eggleston's office?
9. What does Pat realize about Doc in Chapter 17?
10. Does Doc have a happy ending?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)