|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eggleston want in exchange for Pat's information?
(b) Pat's car.
(c) A date with Lila.
(d) Free advertising.
2. What are the businessmen doing when Pat arrives at the meeting?
(a) Listening to a radio broadcast.
(b) Smoking cigars.
(d) Playing poker.
3. Why is Bill Hardesty upset with Doc?
(a) Doc stole Bill's money.
(b) Doc blamed Bill for exposing Arnholt.
(c) Doc slept with Madeline.
(d) Doc made a decision without Bill.
4. Whom will Doc frame for his supposed murder?
(a) Myrtle Briscoe.
(b) Governor Clay.
(c) Senator Burkman.
5. What does Pat wait for, outside Eggleston's office?
(a) For Doc's car to pull up.
(b) For Eggleston to leave.
(c) For the security guard to go on break.
(d) For Madeline to arrive.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Madeline, how was she able to win Pat over?
2. What is the weather like when Pat goes to his office in Chapter 18?
3. What facial expression does Pat get a glimpse of on Madeline's face?
4. What is just as easy to get as parole?
5. What is Lila supposed to make the shared ride look like?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)