|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the caller in Chapter 21 apologize for?
(a) Forgetting to call earlier.
(b) Missing an appointment.
(c) Forgetting Eggleston's birthday.
(d) Calling so late.
2. Who points a gun at Pat in Chapter 22?
(c) Bill Hardesty.
3. What does Bill Hardesty reveal to Pat in Chapter 22?
(a) Doc and Bill Hardesty are working together.
(b) Bill Hardesty wants Pat to kill Doc.
(c) Eggleston was the mastermind of it all.
(d) Bill Hardesty loves Madeline.
4. What does Eggleston want in exchange for Pat's information?
(a) A date with Lila.
(c) Pat's car.
(d) Free advertising.
5. After the incident with Eggleston's body, where does Pat go?
(a) Madeline's house.
(b) Bill Hardesty's apartment.
(c) The roadhouse diner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Eggleston's body?
2. What does Bill Hardesty toss to Pat in Chapter 29?
3. What was Madeline's assignment in Doc's scheme?
4. How long does Eggleston think about Pat's answers?
5. Why does Senator Burkman begin to cry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bill Hardesty's scheme?
2. Why does Pat tell Eggleston the truth when Eggleston questions him?
3. In Chapter 19, why is Eggleston acting so despicable towards Pat?
4. What would Senator Burkman's loss in the election mean?
5. When Pat goes to Eggleston's office, why does he wait until Eggleston has left his office before entering?
6. Is Doc's plan ruined because of Edgar's announcement?
7. According to Eggleston, why was Pat paroled and not pardoned?
8. Why is Pat dismayed upon entering Eggleston's office?
9. Why does Pat wonder if Lila killed Eggleston?
10. Does Pat trust Madeline?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)