|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat do when he returns home in Chapter 23?
(a) Drinks alcohol.
(b) Takes a shower.
(c) Eats some pie.
(d) Tells Doc everything.
2. Whom will the life insurance policies benefit?
(d) Bill Hardesty.
3. Where is Eggleston's body?
(a) Shoved in the closet.
(b) On the sofa.
(c) On the floor.
(d) At his desk.
4. Who asks Pat for a ride home in Chapter 18?
(b) Governor Clay.
(c) Rita Kennedy.
(d) Myrtle Briscoe.
5. What does Eggleston want in exchange for Pat's information?
(a) Free advertising.
(b) A date with Lila.
(c) Pat's car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to jail in Chapter 30?
2. Why is Henry troubled in Chapter 24?
3. Why does Pat whisper on the phone?
4. What is Eggleston holding?
5. In what manner does Pat inform Doc of Hardesty's scheme?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pat decide to smuggle the body out of the building?
2. Does Doc have a happy ending?
3. Why does Lila insist on a ride from Pat in Chapter 27?
4. When Pat goes to Eggleston's office, why does he wait until Eggleston has left his office before entering?
5. Whom will Doc's scheme benefit?
6. Why does Pat decline Rita Kennedy's offer of future job security?
7. Why does Pat tell Eggleston the truth when Eggleston questions him?
8. What does Pat realize about Doc in Chapter 17?
9. Why is Pat dismayed upon entering Eggleston's office?
10. What does the loss of Pat's job mean for Doc?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)