|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Senator Burkman begin to cry?
(a) Senator Burkman's career is over.
(b) Senator Burkman's favorite baseball team just lost.
(c) Senator Burkman's mother just died.
(d) Senator Burkman just lost a small fortune in the stock market.
2. What did Lila do for Doc in the past?
(a) Engaged in sexual relationships with influential married men.
(b) Lila was Doc's maid for many years.
(c) Lila convinced Doc's parents that they were in love.
(d) Lila arranged private meetings between Doc and a mystery woman.
3. How does Lila deal with the grief of losing her husband?
(a) She becomes promiscuous.
(b) Lila seeks out psychological assistance.
(c) She joins the nunnery.
(d) She dyes her hair.
4. What is the agreed opinion of Pat's situation?
(a) It is dangerous.
(b) It is precarious.
(c) It is suspicious.
(d) It is fabulous.
5. What does Eggleston want in exchange for Pat's information?
(a) Free advertising.
(c) A date with Lila.
(d) Pat's car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pat feel guilty in Chapter 17?
2. According to Doc, who will the authorities soon be looking for?
3. Pat wonders if whom killed Eggleston?
4. Who asks Pat for a ride home in Chapter 18?
5. Who arranged Doc's life insurance policies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pat wonder if Lila killed Eggleston?
2. Why should Henry be troubled?
3. Why is Pat relieved after reading the newspaper article about Eggleston's death?
4. What is Doc's plan for Pat?
5. According to Eggleston, why was Pat paroled and not pardoned?
6. What does Pat believe Doc's plan is when Pat approaches Eggleston?
7. Why does Pat stop attacking Bill Hardesty?
8. Why isn't Madeline arrested in Chapter 29?
9. Does Pat have a happy ending?
10. Is Doc's plan ruined because of Edgar's announcement?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)