|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pat offered in exchange for information on Doc?
(b) A raise.
(c) A full pardon.
(d) Job security.
2. When do Pat and Eggleston plan to meet?
(a) At midnight.
(b) The following night.
(c) Over the weekend.
(d) Tuesday at lunch.
3. What does Bill Hardesty say about Lila at the meeting?
(a) Lila is insignificant.
(b) Lila is beautiful.
(c) Lila is obnoxious.
(d) Lila is vain.
4. What did Lila do for Doc in the past?
(a) Engaged in sexual relationships with influential married men.
(b) Lila arranged private meetings between Doc and a mystery woman.
(c) Lila was Doc's maid for many years.
(d) Lila convinced Doc's parents that they were in love.
5. How does Pat react to the policeman at Eggleston's office building?
(a) Pat punches the policeman.
(b) Pat flings the body at the policeman.
(c) Pat pretends to have a gun and holds a bystander hostage.
(d) Pat goes to the police station for questioning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry bring Pat in Chapter 24?
2. What happened to Lila's real husband?
3. What happens to Madeline in Chapter 30?
4. Who points a gun at Pat in Chapter 22?
5. According to Doc, who will the authorities soon be looking for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pat decide to smuggle the body out of the building?
2. In Chapter 19, why is Eggleston acting so despicable towards Pat?
3. Why does Pat wonder if Lila killed Eggleston?
4. Does Pat trust Madeline?
5. What does Pat believe Doc's plan is when Pat approaches Eggleston?
6. Whom will Doc's scheme benefit?
7. Why is Pat dismayed upon entering Eggleston's office?
8. Why does Pat tell Eggleston the truth when Eggleston questions him?
9. Why does Pat decline Rita Kennedy's offer of future job security?
10. Why isn't Madeline arrested in Chapter 29?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)