|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Eggleston think about Pat's answers?
(a) Almost an hour.
(b) An eternity.
(c) A few seconds.
(d) Several minutes.
2. What is the weather like when Pat goes to his office in Chapter 18?
3. Who achieves wealth and fame at the end of the book?
4. How does Pat feel when he finds someone in his car at the end of Chapter 18?
5. What does Bill Hardesty say about Lila at the meeting?
(a) Lila is beautiful.
(b) Lila is obnoxious.
(c) Lila is vain.
(d) Lila is insignificant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lila supposed to make the shared ride look like?
2. As of Chapter 17, how many days has Pat been out of jail?
3. Why does Pat decide to smuggle Eggleston's body out of the building?
4. What does Pat fear Doc has done in Chapter 16?
5. What does Eggleston want in exchange for Pat's information?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom will Doc's scheme benefit?
2. Does Doc have a happy ending?
3. Why isn't Madeline arrested in Chapter 29?
4. Is Doc's plan ruined because of Edgar's announcement?
5. Why is Pat's announcement to the men at the meeting not as effective as he was expecting?
6. Why does Pat decide to smuggle the body out of the building?
7. In Chapter 19, why is Eggleston acting so despicable towards Pat?
8. What is Madeline's and Bill's scheme?
9. Why is Pat dismayed upon entering Eggleston's office?
10. Why should Henry be troubled?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)