|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry bring Pat in Chapter 24?
(a) A key.
(b) A letter.
(c) A newspaper.
2. What does Rita Kennedy tell Pat over the phone?
(a) He has been fired.
(b) He has gotten a raise.
(c) His pay has been reduced.
(d) He has gotten a promotion.
3. In Chapter 22, what part of Pat's body is the gun pointed towards?
(a) Pat's forehead.
(b) Pat's back.
(c) Pat's temple.
(d) Pat's heart.
4. According to Doc, who will the authorities soon be looking for?
(a) Senator Burkman.
(b) Lila Luther.
(c) Rita Kennedy.
5. What is the agreed opinion of Pat's situation?
(a) It is dangerous.
(b) It is fabulous.
(c) It is precarious.
(d) It is suspicious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Senator Burkman begin to cry?
2. How do the men react to Pat's announcement that Lila is not Doc's wife?
3. How does Pat describe Bill Hardesty's scheme?
4. What does the caller in Chapter 21 apologize for?
5. Why does Pat decide to smuggle Eggleston's body out of the building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Senator Burkman's loss in the election mean?
2. What does Pat discover when he goes to Doc's apartment after the meeting?
3. As of Chapter 26, are Pat and Lila in similar situations? Use evidence from the story to support your argument.
4. Whom will Doc's scheme benefit?
5. What is Doc's plan for Pat?
6. Why isn't Madeline arrested in Chapter 29?
7. Why does Pat stop attacking Bill Hardesty?
8. What does the loss of Pat's job mean for Doc?
9. Is Doc's plan ruined because of Edgar's announcement?
10. According to Eggleston, why was Pat paroled and not pardoned?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)