|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Madeline and Bill Hardesty plan on ruining Doc's scheme?
(a) Going to the authorities.
(b) Having Pat kill Senator Burkman.
(c) By bribing Doc.
(d) Having Pat kill Doc.
2. Why is Bill Hardesty upset with Doc?
(a) Doc made a decision without Bill.
(b) Doc slept with Madeline.
(c) Doc stole Bill's money.
(d) Doc blamed Bill for exposing Arnholt.
3. Who is contacted by the media at the end of the book?
(a) Myrtle Briscoe.
4. What is the second newspaper article that Pat reads in Chapter 24 about?
(a) International news.
5. Why does Pat whisper on the phone?
(a) To disguise his voice.
(b) To remain undiscovered by the security guard.
(c) To alleviate his sore throat.
(d) To tell a secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pat visit in Chapter 16?
2. What is the first newspaper article about that Pat reads in Chapter 24?
3. Why does Pat decide to smuggle Eggleston's body out of the building?
4. What is the occupation of the person Pat visited in Chapter 16?
5. How does Pat react to the policeman at Eggleston's office building?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)