|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What facial expression does Pat get a glimpse of on Madeline's face?
(a) An expression of fear.
(b) An expression of hatred.
(c) An expression of happiness.
(d) An expression of disgust.
2. Where do Pat and Eggleston plan to have their meeting?
(a) The roadhouse diner.
(b) Pat's apartment.
(c) At the boat launch.
(d) Eggleston's office.
3. In Billy Hardesty's plan, who will split the insurance money?
(a) Bill and Madeline.
(b) Bill, Madeline, and Doc.
(c) Bill and Doc.
(d) Bill, Madeline, and Pat.
4. Why did Doc kill Eggleston?
(a) Eggleston slept with Madeline.
(b) Eggleston knew too much about his scheme.
(c) Eggleston attempted blackmail.
(d) Eggleston was threatening to report Doc to the authorities.
5. Who is responsible for exposing Arnholt?
(b) Bill Hardesty.
(c) Senator Burkman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who achieves wealth and fame at the end of the book?
2. Why does Pat threaten Bill Hardesty with physical violence?
3. How do the men react to Pat's announcement that Lila is not Doc's wife?
4. Who goes to jail in Chapter 30?
5. What does Bill Hardesty say about Lila at the meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why should Henry be troubled?
2. What would Senator Burkman's loss in the election mean?
3. What is Madeline's and Bill's scheme?
4. Does Pat have a happy ending?
5. Does Doc have a happy ending?
6. Why does Pat decline Rita Kennedy's offer of future job security?
7. In Chapter 19, why is Eggleston acting so despicable towards Pat?
8. Why does Pat decide to smuggle the body out of the building?
9. Why does Pat stop attacking Bill Hardesty?
10. What does Pat realize about Doc in Chapter 17?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)