|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Doc, who will the authorities soon be looking for?
(a) Rita Kennedy.
(b) Lila Luther.
(d) Senator Burkman.
2. Why does Pat decide to smuggle Eggleston's body out of the building?
(a) Pat thinks Doc can take care of it.
(b) To avoid a return to jail.
(c) Pat wants to keep the death a secret.
(d) The body is smelling up the office.
3. Who goes to jail in Chapter 30?
(a) Bill Hardesty, Doc, and Madeline.
(b) Pat and Doc.
(c) Pat and Madeline.
(d) Doc, Bill Hardesty, and Senator Burkman.
4. What happens to Madeline in Chapter 30?
(a) Madeline divorces Doc and marries Pat.
(b) Madeline reconciles with Doc.
(c) Madeline is never seen again.
(d) Madeline is sent to jail.
5. Who is responsible for exposing Arnholt?
(a) Bill Hardesty.
(b) Senator Burkman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the real Mrs. Luther?
2. What does Madeline suggest that taunts Pat?
3. In Chapter 22, what part of Pat's body is the gun pointed towards?
4. What does Bill Hardesty say about Lila at the meeting?
5. What does Pat say that he's known for some time in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pat decide to smuggle the body out of the building?
2. Why does Pat stop attacking Bill Hardesty?
3. Does Pat trust Madeline?
4. What would Senator Burkman's loss in the election mean?
5. Why does Pat wonder if Lila killed Eggleston?
6. What does the loss of Pat's job mean for Doc?
7. Why is Pat's announcement to the men at the meeting not as effective as he was expecting?
8. Why isn't Madeline arrested in Chapter 29?
9. Why is Pat relieved after reading the newspaper article about Eggleston's death?
10. In Chapter 19, why is Eggleston acting so despicable towards Pat?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)