|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eggleston want in exchange for Pat's information?
(a) Pat's car.
(c) A date with Lila.
(d) Free advertising.
2. How does Pat answer Eggleston's questions?
3. What is the occupation of the person Pat visited in Chapter 16?
(a) Private Investigator.
(b) Police officer.
4. What does the caller in Chapter 21 apologize for?
(a) Forgetting Eggleston's birthday.
(b) Calling so late.
(c) Missing an appointment.
(d) Forgetting to call earlier.
5. Who goes to jail in Chapter 30?
(a) Pat and Madeline.
(b) Doc, Bill Hardesty, and Senator Burkman.
(c) Bill Hardesty, Doc, and Madeline.
(d) Pat and Doc.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Billy Hardesty's plan, who will split the insurance money?
2. What facial expression does Pat get a glimpse of on Madeline's face?
3. What does Lila sell in Chapter 30?
4. What does Pat fear Doc has done in Chapter 16?
5. In what manner does Pat inform Doc of Hardesty's scheme?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pat decide to smuggle the body out of the building?
2. What does Bill Hardesty inadvertently acknowledge in Chapter 22?
3. What would Senator Burkman's loss in the election mean?
4. What does Pat believe Doc's plan is when Pat approaches Eggleston?
5. Why does Lila insist on a ride from Pat in Chapter 27?
6. As of Chapter 26, are Pat and Lila in similar situations? Use evidence from the story to support your argument.
7. Why does Pat wonder if Lila killed Eggleston?
8. What does Pat realize about Doc in Chapter 17?
9. Why is Pat stunned in Chapter 23?
10. Does Pat trust Madeline?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)