|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As of Chapter 17, how many days has Pat been out of jail?
(a) Three hundred-sixty-five.
(c) One hundred.
2. Pat wonders if whom killed Eggleston?
(a) Senator Burkman.
3. Who achieves wealth and fame at the end of the book?
4. How does Pat get into Eggleston's office?
(a) Pat kicks down the door.
(b) Pat sneaks in.
(c) Pat walks through the front door.
(d) Pat breaks a window.
5. Who is contacted by the media at the end of the book?
(d) Myrtle Briscoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocking revelation does Pat come by in Chapter 25?
2. What does Henry bring Pat in Chapter 24?
3. How does Pat feel when he finds someone in his car at the end of Chapter 18?
4. Where do Pat and Eggleston plan to have their meeting?
5. What rumor is supposedly being spread about Pat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Doc's plan for Pat?
2. What is Madeline's and Bill's scheme?
3. Why isn't Madeline arrested in Chapter 29?
4. What does Pat realize about Doc in Chapter 17?
5. Why does Pat decline Rita Kennedy's offer of future job security?
6. Does Pat have a happy ending?
7. What is Bill Hardesty's scheme?
8. Why does Pat decide to smuggle the body out of the building?
9. In Chapter 19, why is Eggleston acting so despicable towards Pat?
10. Why is Pat stunned in Chapter 23?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)