|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pat react to the policeman at Eggleston's office building?
(a) Pat flings the body at the policeman.
(b) Pat goes to the police station for questioning.
(c) Pat punches the policeman.
(d) Pat pretends to have a gun and holds a bystander hostage.
2. How does Pat react to Madeline's betrayal?
(a) Pat trashes the apartment.
(b) Pat remains silent.
(c) Pat forces himself on Madeline.
(d) Pat beats Bill Hardesty.
3. Who is arrested at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) Madeline and Bill.
(b) Doc and Bill.
4. In Billy Hardesty's plan, who will split the insurance money?
(a) Bill, Madeline, and Pat.
(b) Bill and Doc.
(c) Bill and Madeline.
(d) Bill, Madeline, and Doc.
5. What does Lila sell in Chapter 30?
(a) Women's cosmetics.
(b) Her life story.
(c) Her body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat intend to do at Eggleston's office?
2. What facial expression does Pat get a glimpse of on Madeline's face?
3. What rumor is supposedly being spread about Pat?
4. What does the caller in Chapter 21 apologize for?
5. Why did Doc kill Eggleston?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pat stop attacking Bill Hardesty?
2. Why is Pat dismayed upon entering Eggleston's office?
3. Why does Pat wonder if Lila killed Eggleston?
4. Why is Pat's announcement to the men at the meeting not as effective as he was expecting?
5. Why is Pat relieved after reading the newspaper article about Eggleston's death?
6. What does Bill Hardesty inadvertently acknowledge in Chapter 22?
7. What does Pat discover when he goes to Doc's apartment after the meeting?
8. What is Doc's plan for Pat?
9. Why does Pat decline Rita Kennedy's offer of future job security?
10. Why is Pat stunned in Chapter 23?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)