|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bill Hardesty upset with Doc?
(a) Doc stole Bill's money.
(b) Doc slept with Madeline.
(c) Doc made a decision without Bill.
(d) Doc blamed Bill for exposing Arnholt.
2. According to Pat, why does Doc act jealous?
(a) To intimidate him.
(b) To anger him.
(c) To confuse him.
(d) To manipulate him.
3. What does Pat fear Doc has done in Chapter 16?
(a) Stolen his identity.
(b) Ordered Willie to kill him.
(c) Taken out insurance on him.
(d) Played a trick on Madeline.
4. What does the caller in Chapter 21 apologize for?
(a) Missing an appointment.
(b) Forgetting to call earlier.
(c) Forgetting Eggleston's birthday.
(d) Calling so late.
5. Where is Pat headed when he spots Lila on the side of the road?
(a) Capitol City.
(b) Madeline's apartment.
(c) Eggleston's office.
(d) His apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pat feel guilty in Chapter 17?
2. Whom will the life insurance policies benefit?
3. Who is the real Mrs. Luther?
4. Relative to the appointed time, when does Pat arrive at Eggleston's office?
5. What will Pat's room be used for in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't Madeline arrested in Chapter 29?
2. What would Senator Burkman's loss in the election mean?
3. Why does Lila insist on a ride from Pat in Chapter 27?
4. What is Madeline's and Bill's scheme?
5. Does Pat have a happy ending?
6. Why is Pat stunned in Chapter 23?
7. What does Pat discover when he goes to Doc's apartment after the meeting?
8. Does Pat trust Madeline?
9. What does Pat realize about Doc in Chapter 17?
10. Why does Pat decline Rita Kennedy's offer of future job security?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)