|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pat answer Eggleston's questions?
2. In Chapter 22, what part of Pat's body is the gun pointed towards?
(a) Pat's back.
(b) Pat's temple.
(c) Pat's forehead.
(d) Pat's heart.
3. Whom will the life insurance policies benefit?
(c) Bill Hardesty.
4. According to Doc, who will the authorities soon be looking for?
(a) Lila Luther.
(c) Senator Burkman.
(d) Rita Kennedy.
5. Why does Senator Burkman begin to cry?
(a) Senator Burkman's favorite baseball team just lost.
(b) Senator Burkman just lost a small fortune in the stock market.
(c) Senator Burkman's mother just died.
(d) Senator Burkman's career is over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Madeline's assignment in Doc's scheme?
2. In what manner does Pat inform Doc of Hardesty's scheme?
3. As of Chapter 17, how many days has Pat been out of jail?
4. Who is the real Mrs. Luther?
5. Why doesn't Pat want to ride in the car with Lila?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pat decline Rita Kennedy's offer of future job security?
2. What is Madeline's and Bill's scheme?
3. What does Bill Hardesty inadvertently acknowledge in Chapter 22?
4. Is Doc's plan ruined because of Edgar's announcement?
5. Does Pat trust Madeline?
6. Why does Pat tell Eggleston the truth when Eggleston questions him?
7. What does the loss of Pat's job mean for Doc?
8. What does Pat discover when he goes to Doc's apartment after the meeting?
9. Why does Pat stop attacking Bill Hardesty?
10. Why isn't Madeline arrested in Chapter 29?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)