|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat contemplate while at the diner?
(a) Urban sprawl.
(b) Ecological destruction.
(c) Social corruption.
(d) The recession.
2. What does Pat do to Lila in Chapter 15?
(a) Pat slaps Lila.
(b) Pat pushes Lila out of the room.
(c) Pat flirts with Lila.
(d) Pat fixes her hair.
3. What does Pat notice about the Capitol building?
(a) The building is modern.
(b) The building is confusing.
(c) The building is under construction.
(d) The building is in disrepair.
4. What does Doc buy for Pat in Capitol City?
5. Why, in spite of his past, is Doc in influential circles?
(a) He has bribed people.
(b) He knows many secrets about important people.
(c) No one has found out about his past.
(d) People are forgiving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pat hear an argument taking place?
2. Where do Pat and Doc stop for lunch?
3. What does Pat spend a few days wondering about?
4. What happened to Lila's baby?
5. What do Madeline and Pat do together while he visits her at her apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lila do to make Pat uncomfortable?
2. What does Pat reveal to Madeline and the parole officer in Chapter 12? Why does he do this?
3. How does Pat get his job at the Highway Commission?
4. Describe Myrtle Briscoe.
5. Why does Lila apparently buy the car for Pat?
6. Describe Pat's new home.
7. What does Pat think about while visiting the diner the second time?
8. Why is there a tussle between Pat and the woman he was following?
9. What documents is Doc looking at in Chapter 1?
10. After Doc picks Pat up from prison, they stop at a roadhouse diner. What bombshell does Doc drop on Pat at the diner?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)