|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madeline take from Doc's car?
(a) A parking permit.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A file folder.
(d) A newspaper.
2. Who follows Pat out of town with Myrtle?
(b) A policeman.
(d) Governor Clay.
3. Who offers Pat a job?
(a) Doc Luther.
(b) Lila Luther.
(c) No one.
(d) Madeline Flournoy.
4. Where is the job Senator Burkman promises for Pat?
(a) Parks and Recreation.
(b) Highway Commission.
(c) Water Works.
(d) Waste Management.
5. What does Lila's pregnancy prevent her from doing?
(a) Finishing school.
(b) Working for Doc.
(c) Traveling abroad.
(d) Joining a country club.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Lila follow Pat?
2. What does Hardesty tell Pat about the nature of Doc's plan?
3. Where did Pat think he was going to work?
4. What does Myrtle question Pat about?
5. Which of the following is not included with Pat's new job?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Doc jealous of Bill Hardesty?
2. Why was Pat tried as an adult instead of a juvenile when he was seventeen?
3. How is Doc about to continue working in Capitol City after his shady past is revealed?
4. What is Bill Hardesty's scheme?
5. After the incident with Madeline in the parking lot, what does Doc tell Pat?
6. What do the documents that Doc is looking at say about Pat?
7. What is Pat's physical description of Doc?
8. Why did Doc steal money from the college?
9. Why does Pat stop attacking Bill Hardesty?
10. Is the parole officer good at his job? Use evidence from the story to support your opinion.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)