|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bill Hardesty's profession?
(a) Stock broker.
(b) Insurance Agent.
2. Where do Doc and Pat visit Myrtle?
(a) At the capital.
(b) At her apartment.
(c) At the roadhouse diner.
(d) At Governor Clay's office.
3. What does Pat do to Lila in Chapter 15?
(a) Pat pushes Lila out of the room.
(b) Pat flirts with Lila.
(c) Pat slaps Lila.
(d) Pat fixes her hair.
4. What does Pat wonder about Doc?
(a) Why Doc arranged for Pat's parole.
(b) Doc's age.
(c) Why Doc is so mean to Pat.
(d) What Doc sees in Lila.
5. What did Pat intend to do at the bank before he robbed it?
(a) Make a withdrawal.
(b) Make a deposit.
(c) Cash a check.
(d) Ask out one of the tellers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not included with Pat's new job?
2. Who occupies the lower apartments of the house?
3. What does Pat spend a few days wondering about?
4. What does Pat notice about the Capitol building?
5. What does Pat give to Doc in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Doc jealous of Bill Hardesty?
2. Describe Myrtle Briscoe.
3. How does Pat feel about the woman he sees at the Capitol building?
4. What does Lila do to make Pat uncomfortable?
5. Is Pat an intelligent character? Support your answer with evidence from the first five chapters.
6. After the incident with Madeline in the parking lot, what does Doc tell Pat?
7. Why is there a tussle between Pat and the woman he was following?
8. What does Pat reveal to Madeline and the parole officer in Chapter 12? Why does he do this?
9. Is the parole officer good at his job? Use evidence from the story to support your opinion.
10. Why did Doc steal money from the college?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)