|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Myrtle kept her position for so long?
(a) She is corrupt.
(b) She is honest.
(c) She is lucky.
(d) She buys votes.
2. What color is Myrtle's hair?
3. What does Lila Luther look like?
(a) Thin, with red hair, and glasses.
(b) Short, round, and brunette.
(c) Tall, slender, and blonde.
(d) Pale, statuesque, and freckly.
4. Where do Doc and Pat drive to in Chapter 5?
(a) Back home.
(b) Senator Burkman's office.
(c) The State Capital building.
(d) The public library.
5. What did Pat intend to do at the bank before he robbed it?
(a) Cash a check.
(b) Ask out one of the tellers.
(c) Make a deposit.
(d) Make a withdrawal.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the apartment, whom does Doc introduce to Pat?
2. When Doc introduces Madeline to Pat what does he say she is?
3. According to Pat's estimation, how old is Doc?
4. Why is Pat ineligible for parole?
5. How does Lila react to Doc ordering her to leave the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Pat's announcement to the men at the meeting not as effective as he was expecting?
2. Why was Pat tried as an adult instead of a juvenile when he was seventeen?
3. Describe Pat's new home.
4. What documents is Doc looking at in Chapter 1?
5. Why is Myrtle Briscoe upset over Pat's parole?
6. Why does Lila insist on a ride from Pat in Chapter 27?
7. What does Pat discover when he goes to Doc's apartment after the meeting?
8. What does Bill Hardesty inadvertently acknowledge in Chapter 22?
9. As of Chapter 26, are Pat and Lila in similar situations? Use evidence from the story to support your argument.
10. When Pat goes to Eggleston's office, why does he wait until Eggleston has left his office before entering?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)