|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat give to the parole officer who sneaks into Madeline's apartment ?
(a) A watch.
(b) A severe beating.
(c) His shirt.
2. What does Pat realize about his new job?
(a) He will enjoy it.
(b) He will receive money for doing no real work.
(c) It will be a challenge.
(d) He is overqualified.
3. How does Lila explain the purchase of the car?
(a) It is a birthday surprise.
(b) It is for work.
(c) It is a Christmas present.
(d) It is a congratulatory gift.
4. Who is Willie?
(a) Another tenant.
(b) A servant.
(c) The mailman.
(d) The neighbor.
5. What color is Myrtle's hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat give to Doc in Chapter 4?
2. What does Pat claim as he leaves Lila's bedroom?
3. What does Pat spend a few days wondering about?
4. Why does Myrtle believe Pat was paroled?
5. How old is Pat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Pat's new home.
2. Why is Pat somewhat disappointed by his job?
3. What does Pat think about while visiting the diner the second time?
4. What documents is Doc looking at in Chapter 1?
5. Is Pat an intelligent character? Support your answer with evidence from the first five chapters.
6. What does Pat notice about downtown Capitol City?
7. What makes Pat realize that he is in serious trouble?
8. What does Lila do to make Pat uncomfortable?
9. After the incident with Madeline in the parking lot, what does Doc tell Pat?
10. Why does Madeline caution Pat to be careful around Doc?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)