|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Doc and Pat visit Myrtle?
(a) At her apartment.
(b) At the roadhouse diner.
(c) At Governor Clay's office.
(d) At the capital.
2. When Pat revisits the diner, where does he sit?
(a) At the counter.
(b) In his car.
(c) In a dark corner.
(d) On a roadside bench.
3. What does Doc question Pat about?
(a) Pat's time in jail.
(b) His conversation with Bill.
(c) Whom Pat met at the house.
(d) How Pat intends to spend his money.
4. What does Pat give to the parole officer who sneaks into Madeline's apartment ?
(a) A severe beating.
(b) His shirt.
(c) A watch.
5. Where do Doc and Pat drive to in Chapter 5?
(a) Senator Burkman's office.
(b) Back home.
(c) The public library.
(d) The State Capital building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it in Chapter 15?
2. Where did Pat grow up?
3. When does Doc take Pat downtown?
4. What does Lila Luther look like?
5. What did Pat Cosgrove go to jail for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Doc jealous of Bill Hardesty?
2. Why is there a tussle between Pat and the woman he was following?
3. Does Doc have a happy ending?
4. Describe Pat's new home.
5. According to Eggleston, why was Pat paroled and not pardoned?
6. Is Doc's plan ruined because of Edgar's announcement?
7. Why does Pat stop attacking Bill Hardesty?
8. What documents is Doc looking at in Chapter 1?
9. What is Bill Hardesty's scheme?
10. What would Senator Burkman's loss in the election mean?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)