|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat tell Madeline in Chapter 11?
(a) That Doc warned Pat not to go near Madeline.
(b) That Pat is an ex-con.
(c) That Pat doesn't like her.
(d) Pat's life story.
2. What does Pat give to the parole officer who sneaks into Madeline's apartment ?
(a) A severe beating.
(b) His shirt.
(d) A watch.
3. Where did Pat think he was going to work?
(a) Freidman and Garbo Law Office.
(b) ABC English School for Boys.
(c) Mr.Smile's Cosmetic Dentistry.
(d) Luther Psychological Clinic.
4. What does Pat realize about his new job?
(a) It will be a challenge.
(b) He is overqualified.
(c) He will receive money for doing no real work.
(d) He will enjoy it.
5. What do Madeline and Pat do together while he visits her at her apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Lila inherited?
2. How does Lila make Doc jealous?
3. What does Hardesty hint about the plan?
4. What does Pat realize at the end of Chapter 11?
5. What does Myrtle question Pat about?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Doc picks Pat up from prison, they stop at a roadhouse diner. What bombshell does Doc drop on Pat at the diner?
2. What documents is Doc looking at in Chapter 1?
3. What is the purpose of the plan Doc is hatching?
4. Describe Pat's new home.
5. Why doesn't Madeline share her life story with Pat?
6. Does Pat find out more about Doc from Lila? Why or why not?
7. Why does Pat visit Bill Hardesty?
8. Describe Myrtle Briscoe.
9. What do the documents that Doc is looking at say about Pat?
10. What does Lila do to make Pat uncomfortable?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)