|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the parole officer want in exchange for keeping quiet about what he saw?
(b) A car.
(c) A date with Madeline.
(d) Pat's watch.
2. What does Pat spend a few days wondering about?
(a) How to avoid Lila.
(b) How to find a better job.
(c) How to extricate himself from Doc's plans.
(d) How to confess his feelings to Madeline.
3. Who issued Pat's parole?
(a) Doc Luther.
(b) Senator Burkman.
(c) Myrtle Briscoe.
(d) Governor Clay.
4. What does Pat contemplate while at the diner?
(a) Urban sprawl.
(b) Social corruption.
(c) Ecological destruction.
(d) The recession.
5. What does Pat do to Lila in Chapter 15?
(a) Pat pushes Lila out of the room.
(b) Pat flirts with Lila.
(c) Pat fixes her hair.
(d) Pat slaps Lila.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Doc picks Pat up from prison, where do they drive towards?
2. What does Myrtle question Pat about?
3. What does Pat give to Doc in Chapter 4?
4. Who follows Pat out of town with Myrtle?
5. What does Pat realize at the end of Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pat reveal to Madeline and the parole officer in Chapter 12? Why does he do this?
2. Why is there a tussle between Pat and the woman he was following?
3. Why is Doc jealous of Bill Hardesty?
4. Why did Doc steal money from the college?
5. What does Lila do to make Pat uncomfortable?
6. Is the parole officer good at his job? Use evidence from the story to support your opinion.
7. What does Pat notice about downtown Capitol City?
8. Why is Myrtle Briscoe upset over Pat's parole?
9. How does Pat feel about the woman he sees at the Capitol building?
10. What makes Pat realize that he is in serious trouble?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)