|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Pat and Doc stop for lunch?
(a) A fast food restaurant.
(b) A roadhouse diner.
(c) A cafe.
(d) The food court of a mall.
2. Where did Pat think he was going to work?
(a) Luther Psychological Clinic.
(b) ABC English School for Boys.
(c) Freidman and Garbo Law Office.
(d) Mr.Smile's Cosmetic Dentistry.
3. How many years has Pat been incarcerated?
(a) Two years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Eleven years.
4. What is the name of Pat's prison?
(a) Sandstone State Reformatory.
(b) Riverdale State Reformatory.
(c) Springwater State Reformatory.
(d) Everwood State Reformatory.
5. What does Lila Luther look like?
(a) Short, round, and brunette.
(b) Pale, statuesque, and freckly.
(c) Tall, slender, and blonde.
(d) Thin, with red hair, and glasses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why, in spite of his past, is Doc in influential circles?
2. How does Lila make Pat feel uncomfortable?
3. For what reason does Doc argue with the man in Chapter 4?
4. Where do Pat and Doc eat lunch in Chapter 7?
5. Why does Myrtle believe Pat was paroled?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Madeline share her life story with Pat?
2. What does Lila do to make Pat uncomfortable?
3. What is the purpose of the plan Doc is hatching?
4. Why does Lila apparently buy the car for Pat?
5. How does Pat get his job at the Highway Commission?
6. Describe Pat's new home.
7. Why was Pat tried as an adult instead of a juvenile when he was seventeen?
8. How does Pat feel about the woman he sees at the Capitol building?
9. Why is Pat somewhat disappointed by his job?
10. What does Pat notice about downtown Capitol City?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)