|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Lila follow Pat?
(a) Into his apartment.
(b) To a hotel.
(c) To the attic.
(d) To a restaurant.
2. What does Pat give to Doc in Chapter 4?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A wad of cash.
(d) A scarf.
3. What does Pat notice about Lila?
(a) Her physical perfection.
(b) The mole on her neck.
(c) Her perfectly straight hair.
(d) Her limp.
4. What is Pat's initial reaction toward Madeline?
5. What month is it in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which description best suits Doc?
2. What does Myrtle tell Pat he is becoming involved in?
3. What does Pat remove as he talks to the parole officer?
4. Why does Myrtle believe Pat was paroled?
5. What does Pat do when he sees Madeline for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Doc about to continue working in Capitol City after his shady past is revealed?
2. Why is Myrtle Briscoe upset over Pat's parole?
3. Why should Henry be troubled?
4. What does Lila do to make Pat uncomfortable?
5. Why was Pat tried as an adult instead of a juvenile when he was seventeen?
6. How does Pat feel about the woman he sees at the Capitol building?
7. What is Madeline's and Bill's scheme?
8. What is Doc's plan for Pat?
9. Why does Lila insist on a ride from Pat in Chapter 27?
10. When Pat goes to Eggleston's office, why does he wait until Eggleston has left his office before entering?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)