|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Pat have a conversation with outside the bank?
(a) The town judge.
(b) Pat's mother.
(c) The police chief.
(d) The bank manager.
2. For what reason does Doc argue with the man in Chapter 4?
(a) The man owes Doc money.
(b) The man gave Doc a parking ticket.
(c) The man has been overly flirtatious with Lila.
(d) The man rear-ended his car.
3. What does Pat remove as he talks to the parole officer?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His pants.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His hat.
4. What does the parole officer catch Pat doing?
(a) Drinking alcohol.
(b) Kissing Madeline.
(c) Breaking the terms of his parole.
5. Who follows Pat out of town with Myrtle?
(a) Governor Clay.
(c) A policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Pat and Doc stop for lunch?
2. What does Pat realize about his new job?
3. What did Pat Cosgrove go to jail for?
4. Who peeks in on Pat and Lila in the bedroom?
5. What does Pat notice about the Capitol building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What documents is Doc looking at in Chapter 1?
2. What is Doc's plan for Pat?
3. Why does Pat visit Bill Hardesty?
4. Pat overhears Doc arguing with another man by his car. What does Pat conclude about the argument between Doc and the other man?
5. What does Pat discover when he goes to Doc's apartment after the meeting?
6. Why is Doc jealous of Bill Hardesty?
7. Why doesn't Madeline share her life story with Pat?
8. Describe Myrtle Briscoe.
9. What does Pat notice about downtown Capitol City?
10. Why is Pat stunned in Chapter 23?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)