|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lila make Pat feel uncomfortable?
(a) Lila makes a pass at him.
(b) Lila talks about her marital problems.
(c) Lila wears revealing clothing.
(d) Lila talks about her money problems.
2. Which of the following is not included with Pat's new job?
(a) Generous pay.
(b) An automobile.
(c) An expense account.
(d) A meal allowance.
3. Who occupies the lower apartments of the house?
(a) Madeline and Willie.
(b) Doc and Lila.
(c) Governor Clay and Myrtle Briscoe.
(d) Senator Burkman and his children.
4. What is threatening Pat's situation with Doc?
(a) Pat's relationship with Madeline.
(b) Lila's flirting.
(c) Pat's new job.
(d) Pat's parole officer.
5. What happened to Lila's baby?
(a) The baby was adopted.
(b) The baby is being raised by Lila's parents.
(c) Lila miscarried.
(d) The baby was stillborn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat notice about Lila?
2. What does Pat realize about his new job?
3. What did Pat Cosgrove go to jail for?
4. When does Doc take Pat downtown?
5. What does the parole officer want in exchange for keeping quiet about what he saw?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pat notice about downtown Capitol City?
2. Why does Lila apparently buy the car for Pat?
3. Why is there a tussle between Pat and the woman he was following?
4. What is Pat's physical description of Doc?
5. What makes Pat realize that he is in serious trouble?
6. What do the documents that Doc is looking at say about Pat?
7. Is the parole officer good at his job? Use evidence from the story to support your opinion.
8. What documents is Doc looking at in Chapter 1?
9. Why is Doc jealous of Bill Hardesty?
10. How is Doc about to continue working in Capitol City after his shady past is revealed?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)