|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job did Doc hold long ago?
(a) Professor of Psychology.
(b) Professor of Philosophy.
(c) Professor of Physics.
(d) Professor of Sociology.
2. What does Pat spend a few days wondering about?
(a) How to extricate himself from Doc's plans.
(b) How to confess his feelings to Madeline.
(c) How to find a better job.
(d) How to avoid Lila.
3. What do Pat and Madeline promise to do?
(a) Meet for lunch the following day.
(b) Never speak again.
(c) Tell Doc about their relationship.
(d) Look out for each other.
4. What does Pat remove as he talks to the parole officer?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His pants.
(d) His hat.
5. Where does Pat hear an argument taking place?
(a) At the house.
(b) Doc's car.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A hardware store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Pat and Madeline at Doc's car?
2. What did Pat intend to do at the bank before he robbed it?
3. What does Pat notice about Lila?
4. Which of the following is not included with Pat's new job?
5. What is threatening Pat's situation with Doc?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Myrtle Briscoe upset over Pat's parole?
2. After the incident with Madeline in the parking lot, what does Doc tell Pat?
3. After Doc picks Pat up from prison, they stop at a roadhouse diner. What bombshell does Doc drop on Pat at the diner?
4. Does Pat find out more about Doc from Lila? Why or why not?
5. How is Doc about to continue working in Capitol City after his shady past is revealed?
6. What do the documents that Doc is looking at say about Pat?
7. Why does Pat visit Bill Hardesty?
8. Why was Pat tried as an adult instead of a juvenile when he was seventeen?
9. Is the parole officer good at his job? Use evidence from the story to support your opinion.
10. Why did Doc steal money from the college?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)