|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lila react to Doc ordering her to leave the room?
(a) Lila leaves in silence.
(b) Lila slaps Doc.
(c) Lila breaks a mirror.
(d) Lila flings her drink in Doc's face.
2. How long has Myrtle served as the Commissioner of Corrections?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Five years.
3. Whom does Pat meet with in Capitol City?
(a) Senator Burkman.
(b) Myrtle Briscoe.
(c) Rita Kennedy.
(d) Bill Hardesty.
4. What does Pat spend a few days wondering about?
(a) How to extricate himself from Doc's plans.
(b) How to find a better job.
(c) How to confess his feelings to Madeline.
(d) How to avoid Lila.
5. At the apartment, whom does Doc introduce to Pat?
(a) Madeline Flournoy.
(b) Lila Luther.
(c) Senator Burkman.
(d) Myrtle Briscoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Myrtle feel about Doc?
2. Where does Pat visit Madeline in Chapter 11?
3. When does Doc take Pat downtown?
4. What does Lila's pregnancy prevent her from doing?
5. What month is it in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Doc steal money from the college?
2. What is Pat's physical description of Doc?
3. Why is there a tussle between Pat and the woman he was following?
4. Is Pat an intelligent character? Support your answer with evidence from the first five chapters.
5. What does Lila do to make Pat uncomfortable?
6. Why does Madeline caution Pat to be careful around Doc?
7. Why is Doc jealous of Bill Hardesty?
8. Why does Lila apparently buy the car for Pat?
9. Describe Myrtle Briscoe.
10. How is Doc about to continue working in Capitol City after his shady past is revealed?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)