|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat realize about his new job?
(a) It will be a challenge.
(b) He is overqualified.
(c) He will enjoy it.
(d) He will receive money for doing no real work.
2. What color is Myrtle's hair?
3. Which of the following is not included with Pat's new job?
(a) An automobile.
(b) A meal allowance.
(c) Generous pay.
(d) An expense account.
4. What does Pat spend a few days wondering about?
(a) How to extricate himself from Doc's plans.
(b) How to confess his feelings to Madeline.
(c) How to find a better job.
(d) How to avoid Lila.
5. How does Madeline recount her life story to Pat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Doc steal from the school safe?
2. What does Pat reveal on his body to Madeline and the parole officer?
3. Where did Pat think he was going to work?
4. What does the house where Doc and Pat live look like?
5. What does Pat realize at the end of Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Doc picks Pat up from prison, they stop at a roadhouse diner. What bombshell does Doc drop on Pat at the diner?
2. What is the purpose of the plan Doc is hatching?
3. How does Pat feel about the woman he sees at the Capitol building?
4. Does Pat find out more about Doc from Lila? Why or why not?
5. Why did Doc steal money from the college?
6. What is Pat's physical description of Doc?
7. What documents is Doc looking at in Chapter 1?
8. Why does Madeline caution Pat to be careful around Doc?
9. What does Pat think about while visiting the diner the second time?
10. What makes Pat realize that he is in serious trouble?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)