|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Lila follow Pat?
(a) To a restaurant.
(b) To a hotel.
(c) To the attic.
(d) Into his apartment.
2. Where do Doc and Pat drive to in Chapter 5?
(a) The State Capital building.
(b) Back home.
(c) The public library.
(d) Senator Burkman's office.
3. What does Pat wonder about Doc?
(a) Why Doc is so mean to Pat.
(b) Why Doc arranged for Pat's parole.
(c) What Doc sees in Lila.
(d) Doc's age.
4. For what reason does Doc argue with the man in Chapter 4?
(a) The man has been overly flirtatious with Lila.
(b) The man rear-ended his car.
(c) The man gave Doc a parking ticket.
(d) The man owes Doc money.
5. After Doc picks Pat up from prison, where do they drive towards?
(a) Sin City.
(b) Capital City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who supposedly bought the car in Pat's name?
2. Who issued Pat's parole?
3. Who is Willie?
4. Why does Myrtle believe Pat was paroled?
5. Who follows Pat out of town with Myrtle?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the incident with Madeline in the parking lot, what does Doc tell Pat?
2. Why doesn't Madeline share her life story with Pat?
3. How does Pat get his job at the Highway Commission?
4. Why does Madeline caution Pat to be careful around Doc?
5. What is Pat's physical description of Doc?
6. Why is Myrtle Briscoe upset over Pat's parole?
7. What do the documents that Doc is looking at say about Pat?
8. Describe Myrtle Briscoe.
9. What does Pat think about while visiting the diner the second time?
10. What is the purpose of the plan Doc is hatching?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)