|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who occupies the lower apartments of the house?
(a) Doc and Lila.
(b) Madeline and Willie.
(c) Senator Burkman and his children.
(d) Governor Clay and Myrtle Briscoe.
2. What does Pat remove as he talks to the parole officer?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His hat.
(d) His pants.
3. What does Pat spend a few days wondering about?
(a) How to find a better job.
(b) How to extricate himself from Doc's plans.
(c) How to confess his feelings to Madeline.
(d) How to avoid Lila.
4. What does the house where Doc and Pat live look like?
(a) Dilapidated and large.
(b) Small and tidy.
(c) Modern and spacious.
(d) Old and expensive.
5. What is threatening Pat's situation with Doc?
(a) Pat's relationship with Madeline.
(b) Pat's new job.
(c) Pat's parole officer.
(d) Lila's flirting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pat ineligible for parole?
2. What does Doc question Pat about?
3. What does the parole officer want in exchange for keeping quiet about what he saw?
4. What is the name of Pat's prison?
5. After Doc picks Pat up from prison, where do they drive towards?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pat visit Bill Hardesty?
2. Why was Pat tried as an adult instead of a juvenile when he was seventeen?
3. How is Doc about to continue working in Capitol City after his shady past is revealed?
4. How does Pat get his job at the Highway Commission?
5. Why is Myrtle Briscoe upset over Pat's parole?
6. How does Pat feel about the woman he sees at the Capitol building?
7. What does Pat reveal to Madeline and the parole officer in Chapter 12? Why does he do this?
8. What makes Pat realize that he is in serious trouble?
9. What documents is Doc looking at in Chapter 1?
10. Why is Pat somewhat disappointed by his job?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)