|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who peeks in on Pat and Lila in the bedroom?
(a) Senator Burkman.
2. After the run-in with Madeline, what does Doc tell Pat on the drive to the house?
(a) The front lawn needs mowing.
(b) He is divorcing his wife.
(c) He is dying.
(d) His employees are not allowed to fraternize.
3. According to Pat's estimation, how old is Doc?
(a) Around forty years old.
(b) Somewhere between thirty and forty years old.
(c) About fifty years old.
(d) Roughly sixty-five years old.
4. When Pat revisits the diner, where does he sit?
(a) At the counter.
(b) In his car.
(c) On a roadside bench.
(d) In a dark corner.
5. What does Pat contemplate while at the diner?
(a) Urban sprawl.
(b) The recession.
(c) Social corruption.
(d) Ecological destruction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not included with Pat's new job?
2. Where do Doc and Pat drive to in Chapter 5?
3. What does Pat realize about his new job?
4. Where does Pat hear an argument taking place?
5. What does Pat give to the parole officer who sneaks into Madeline's apartment ?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Pat's new home.
2. What does Lila do to make Pat uncomfortable?
3. Is Pat an intelligent character? Support your answer with evidence from the first five chapters.
4. Why does Pat visit Bill Hardesty?
5. After Doc picks Pat up from prison, they stop at a roadhouse diner. What bombshell does Doc drop on Pat at the diner?
6. How does Pat get his job at the Highway Commission?
7. Why doesn't Madeline share her life story with Pat?
8. What do the documents that Doc is looking at say about Pat?
9. What is the purpose of the plan Doc is hatching?
10. Why is Myrtle Briscoe upset over Pat's parole?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)