|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Lila inherited?
(a) A car.
(b) A yacht.
(c) An estate.
2. According to Pat's estimation, how old is Doc?
(a) About fifty years old.
(b) Somewhere between thirty and forty years old.
(c) Roughly sixty-five years old.
(d) Around forty years old.
3. How does Lila make Pat feel uncomfortable?
(a) Lila talks about her marital problems.
(b) Lila wears revealing clothing.
(c) Lila talks about her money problems.
(d) Lila makes a pass at him.
4. What does Lila's pregnancy prevent her from doing?
(a) Traveling abroad.
(b) Joining a country club.
(c) Finishing school.
(d) Working for Doc.
5. What does Pat give to the parole officer who sneaks into Madeline's apartment ?
(a) A severe beating.
(c) A watch.
(d) His shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Myrtle's hair?
2. What month is it in Chapter 15?
3. Where do Doc and Pat drive to in Chapter 5?
4. When does Doc take Pat downtown?
5. Who supposedly bought the car in Pat's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Madeline caution Pat to be careful around Doc?
2. Why was Pat tried as an adult instead of a juvenile when he was seventeen?
3. Why is Myrtle Briscoe upset over Pat's parole?
4. What do the documents that Doc is looking at say about Pat?
5. Does Pat find out more about Doc from Lila? Why or why not?
6. After the incident with Madeline in the parking lot, what does Doc tell Pat?
7. What documents is Doc looking at in Chapter 1?
8. What is the purpose of the plan Doc is hatching?
9. How does Pat feel about the woman he sees at the Capitol building?
10. What is Pat's physical description of Doc?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)