|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pat intend to do at the bank before he robbed it?
(a) Make a withdrawal.
(b) Cash a check.
(c) Ask out one of the tellers.
(d) Make a deposit.
2. What does Pat give to Doc in Chapter 4?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A wad of cash.
(d) A newspaper.
3. What is the name of Pat's prison?
(a) Sandstone State Reformatory.
(b) Riverdale State Reformatory.
(c) Springwater State Reformatory.
(d) Everwood State Reformatory.
4. What does Pat realize at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Madeline's apartment is messy.
(b) Doc has a twin.
(c) Madeline is in love with Doc.
(d) Someone has sneaked into the apartment.
5. How does Lila make Doc jealous?
(a) Lila flirts with other men.
(b) Lila spends too much time with her friends.
(c) Lila wears revealing clothing.
(d) Lila eats whatever she wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bill Hardesty's profession?
2. According to Pat's estimation, how old is Doc?
3. At the apartment, whom does Doc introduce to Pat?
4. What did Pat Cosgrove go to jail for?
5. What does Doc question Pat about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Pat somewhat disappointed by his job?
2. Describe Myrtle Briscoe.
3. What does Pat notice about downtown Capitol City?
4. Is the parole officer good at his job? Use evidence from the story to support your opinion.
5. Why was Pat tried as an adult instead of a juvenile when he was seventeen?
6. Pat overhears Doc arguing with another man by his car. What does Pat conclude about the argument between Doc and the other man?
7. Does Pat find out more about Doc from Lila? Why or why not?
8. What does Pat reveal to Madeline and the parole officer in Chapter 12? Why does he do this?
9. Why does Pat visit Bill Hardesty?
10. Why is Myrtle Briscoe upset over Pat's parole?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)