|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bill Hardesty's profession?
(a) Insurance Agent.
(b) Stock broker.
2. What does Myrtle tell Pat he is becoming involved in?
(a) Something that likely is illegal.
(b) The greatest opportunity of his life.
(c) Something that is politically dangerous.
(d) Something that is life changing.
3. Where do Pat and Doc eat lunch in Chapter 7?
(a) The roadhouse diner.
(b) A taco stand.
(c) A cafe.
(d) In the Capitol building cafeteria.
4. How does Madeline recount her life story to Pat?
5. How does Lila explain the purchase of the car?
(a) It is a birthday surprise.
(b) It is a Christmas present.
(c) It is a congratulatory gift.
(d) It is for work.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Lila follow Pat?
2. What did Doc steal from the school safe?
3. At the apartment, whom does Doc introduce to Pat?
4. What does Pat claim as he leaves Lila's bedroom?
5. Where do Doc and Pat drive to in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lila insist on a ride from Pat in Chapter 27?
2. What is Doc's plan for Pat?
3. Why did Doc steal money from the college?
4. What documents is Doc looking at in Chapter 1?
5. According to Eggleston, why was Pat paroled and not pardoned?
6. Is Doc's plan ruined because of Edgar's announcement?
7. Why was Pat tried as an adult instead of a juvenile when he was seventeen?
8. Why is Pat stunned in Chapter 23?
9. Why does Pat tell Eggleston the truth when Eggleston questions him?
10. As of Chapter 26, are Pat and Lila in similar situations? Use evidence from the story to support your argument.
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)