|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Madeline in Chapter 30?
(a) Madeline divorces Doc and marries Pat.
(b) Madeline reconciles with Doc.
(c) Madeline is never seen again.
(d) Madeline is sent to jail.
2. When do Pat and Eggleston plan to meet?
(a) Over the weekend.
(b) Tuesday at lunch.
(c) At midnight.
(d) The following night.
3. What does Bill Hardesty reveal to Pat in Chapter 22?
(a) Bill Hardesty loves Madeline.
(b) Bill Hardesty wants Pat to kill Doc.
(c) Eggleston was the mastermind of it all.
(d) Doc and Bill Hardesty are working together.
4. How does Pat feel when he finds someone in his car at the end of Chapter 18?
5. Where does Pat run into the policeman at Eggleston's office building?
(a) Eggleston's office.
(b) In the men's room.
(c) In the parking lot.
(d) The lobby.
6. Where is Eggleston's body?
(a) On the sofa.
(b) Shoved in the closet.
(c) On the floor.
(d) At his desk.
7. In what manner does Pat inform Doc of Hardesty's scheme?
8. Why does Pat decide to smuggle Eggleston's body out of the building?
(a) Pat wants to keep the death a secret.
(b) The body is smelling up the office.
(c) Pat thinks Doc can take care of it.
(d) To avoid a return to jail.
9. How does Pat react to Madeline's betrayal?
(a) Pat remains silent.
(b) Pat trashes the apartment.
(c) Pat forces himself on Madeline.
(d) Pat beats Bill Hardesty.
10. Why is Henry troubled in Chapter 24?
(a) Henry overheard Doc saying some despicable things.
(b) Lila won't stop flirting with Henry.
(c) Henry is sick but can't afford a sick day.
(d) Henry doesn't want to be accused of taking Pat's money.
11. What does the caller in Chapter 21 apologize for?
(a) Calling so late.
(b) Forgetting to call earlier.
(c) Missing an appointment.
(d) Forgetting Eggleston's birthday.
12. What happened to Lila's real husband?
(a) He ran off with his secretary.
(b) He died in a ten-car accident.
(c) Lila gave him too much medicine and he died.
(d) He drank himself to death.
13. How does Pat get into Eggleston's office?
(a) Pat kicks down the door.
(b) Pat sneaks in.
(c) Pat breaks a window.
(d) Pat walks through the front door.
14. What was Madeline's assignment in Doc's scheme?
(a) To flirt with Pat.
(b) To kill Pat.
(c) To shadow Pat.
(d) To sabotage Pat.
15. What is the agreed opinion of Pat's situation?
(a) It is suspicious.
(b) It is fabulous.
(c) It is precarious.
(d) It is dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eggleston want in exchange for Pat's information?
2. In Billy Hardesty's plan, who will split the insurance money?
3. Relative to the appointed time, when does Pat arrive at Eggleston's office?
4. How does Pat react to the policeman at Eggleston's office building?
5. Who asks Pat for a ride home in Chapter 18?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)