|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what manner does Pat inform Doc of Hardesty's scheme?
2. What is the occupation of the person Pat visited in Chapter 16?
(a) Police officer.
(b) Private Investigator.
3. Why does Pat decide to smuggle Eggleston's body out of the building?
(a) Pat wants to keep the death a secret.
(b) To avoid a return to jail.
(c) Pat thinks Doc can take care of it.
(d) The body is smelling up the office.
4. When do Pat and Eggleston plan to meet?
(a) At midnight.
(b) Tuesday at lunch.
(c) Over the weekend.
(d) The following night.
5. Who does not believe Pat when he denies the rumor?
(a) Senator Burkman.
(c) Rita Kennedy.
6. What is the agreed opinion of Pat's situation?
(a) It is fabulous.
(b) It is precarious.
(c) It is suspicious.
(d) It is dangerous.
7. How do the men react to Pat's announcement that Lila is not Doc's wife?
(a) Surprised but somewhat indifferent.
(b) Curious and shocked.
(c) Not interested in the slightest.
(d) Furious and vengeful.
8. Why does Pat feel guilty in Chapter 17?
(a) Pat feels guilty for kissing Lila.
(b) Pat feels guilty for taking public funds without doing any real work.
(c) Pat feels guilty for seeking out a private investigator.
(d) Pat feels guilty for not going to church.
9. What happened to Lila's real husband?
(a) He drank himself to death.
(b) Lila gave him too much medicine and he died.
(c) He died in a ten-car accident.
(d) He ran off with his secretary.
10. How long does Eggleston think about Pat's answers?
(a) Almost an hour.
(b) An eternity.
(c) Several minutes.
(d) A few seconds.
11. According to Doc, who will the authorities soon be looking for?
(a) Senator Burkman.
(c) Lila Luther.
(d) Rita Kennedy.
12. Why does Senator Burkman begin to cry?
(a) Senator Burkman just lost a small fortune in the stock market.
(b) Senator Burkman's career is over.
(c) Senator Burkman's favorite baseball team just lost.
(d) Senator Burkman's mother just died.
13. What was Madeline's assignment in Doc's scheme?
(a) To sabotage Pat.
(b) To flirt with Pat.
(c) To shadow Pat.
(d) To kill Pat.
14. What is just as easy to get as parole?
(a) An exchange.
(b) A conviction.
(c) A pardon.
(d) A release.
15. What is the second newspaper article that Pat reads in Chapter 24 about?
(a) International news.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first newspaper article about that Pat reads in Chapter 24?
2. What does Eggleston want in exchange for Pat's information?
3. Who does Pat visit in Chapter 16?
4. According to Pat, why does Doc act jealous?
5. How does Pat answer Eggleston's questions?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)