|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of the person Pat visited in Chapter 16?
(a) Private Investigator.
(d) Police officer.
2. What does Pat fear Doc has done in Chapter 16?
(a) Stolen his identity.
(b) Ordered Willie to kill him.
(c) Played a trick on Madeline.
(d) Taken out insurance on him.
3. What does Madeline suggest that taunts Pat?
(a) Pat is a horrible kisser.
(b) Madeline is repulsed by Pat.
(c) Madeline was bored by Pat's life story.
(d) Bill Hardesty and Madeline are lovers.
4. How does Pat describe Bill Hardesty's scheme?
(a) Very subtle.
(b) Very stupid.
(c) Very silly.
(d) Very simple.
5. Where is Eggleston's body?
(a) Shoved in the closet.
(b) On the sofa.
(c) On the floor.
(d) At his desk.
6. What facial expression does Pat get a glimpse of on Madeline's face?
(a) An expression of hatred.
(b) An expression of disgust.
(c) An expression of fear.
(d) An expression of happiness.
7. Who is contacted by the media at the end of the book?
(d) Myrtle Briscoe.
8. How does Doc introduce his 'real' wife?
9. What are the businessmen doing when Pat arrives at the meeting?
(b) Playing poker.
(c) Listening to a radio broadcast.
(d) Smoking cigars.
10. How does Lila deal with the grief of losing her husband?
(a) She joins the nunnery.
(b) She dyes her hair.
(c) She becomes promiscuous.
(d) Lila seeks out psychological assistance.
11. What happens to Madeline in Chapter 30?
(a) Madeline is sent to jail.
(b) Madeline divorces Doc and marries Pat.
(c) Madeline reconciles with Doc.
(d) Madeline is never seen again.
12. How does Pat feel when he finds someone in his car at the end of Chapter 18?
13. What will Henry need to do to ready Pat's room in Chapter 24?
(a) Rearrange the furniture.
(b) Add drapes to the windows.
(c) Remove the bed.
(d) Repaint the walls.
14. How did Eggleston die?
(a) Eggleston was shot in the head.
(b) Eggleston was strangled.
(c) Eggleston committed suicide.
(d) Eggleston was suffocated.
15. When do Pat and Eggleston plan to meet?
(a) Over the weekend.
(b) Tuesday at lunch.
(c) At midnight.
(d) The following night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pat threaten Bill Hardesty with physical violence?
2. How do Madeline and Bill Hardesty plan on ruining Doc's scheme?
3. What is just as easy to get as parole?
4. Who does Pat believe is using him for their own purposes?
5. According to Lila, what is wrong with her car?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)