|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat fear Doc has done in Chapter 16?
(a) Ordered Willie to kill him.
(b) Taken out insurance on him.
(c) Stolen his identity.
(d) Played a trick on Madeline.
2. What was Madeline's assignment in Doc's scheme?
(a) To sabotage Pat.
(b) To flirt with Pat.
(c) To kill Pat.
(d) To shadow Pat.
3. What does Bill Hardesty say about Lila at the meeting?
(a) Lila is insignificant.
(b) Lila is obnoxious.
(c) Lila is beautiful.
(d) Lila is vain.
4. Who does not believe Pat when he denies the rumor?
(a) Senator Burkman.
(d) Rita Kennedy.
5. How does Doc introduce his 'real' wife?
6. Whom will Doc frame for his supposed murder?
(a) Governor Clay.
(b) Myrtle Briscoe.
(c) Senator Burkman.
7. Why does Pat whisper on the phone?
(a) To alleviate his sore throat.
(b) To disguise his voice.
(c) To tell a secret.
(d) To remain undiscovered by the security guard.
8. Whom will the life insurance policies benefit?
(a) Bill Hardesty.
9. What did Lila do for Doc in the past?
(a) Engaged in sexual relationships with influential married men.
(b) Lila convinced Doc's parents that they were in love.
(c) Lila was Doc's maid for many years.
(d) Lila arranged private meetings between Doc and a mystery woman.
10. What shocking revelation does Pat come by in Chapter 25?
(a) Lila is Doc's niece.
(b) Bill Hardesty and Madeline are married.
(c) Doc and Lila are not married.
(d) Doc and Rita are married.
11. What happens to Pat in Chapter 30?
(a) Pat receives a full pardon.
(b) Pat goes on the run.
(c) Pat is put under house arrest.
(d) Pat goes back to jail.
12. Where is Eggleston's body?
(a) On the sofa.
(b) On the floor.
(c) Shoved in the closet.
(d) At his desk.
13. What does Rita Kennedy tell Pat over the phone?
(a) He has been fired.
(b) His pay has been reduced.
(c) He has gotten a promotion.
(d) He has gotten a raise.
14. Why did Doc kill Eggleston?
(a) Eggleston slept with Madeline.
(b) Eggleston attempted blackmail.
(c) Eggleston knew too much about his scheme.
(d) Eggleston was threatening to report Doc to the authorities.
15. Why would Doc want Pat paroled?
(a) For political reasons.
(b) So that Pat cannot leave the area.
(c) So that the police can keep tabs on Pat.
(d) Doc likes to help those in need.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Pat and Eggleston plan to meet?
2. Who asks Pat for a ride home in Chapter 18?
3. What is the agreed opinion of Pat's situation?
4. Why doesn't Pat want to ride in the car with Lila?
5. What is the first newspaper article about that Pat reads in Chapter 24?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)