|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Billy Hardesty's plan, who will split the insurance money?
(a) Bill and Doc.
(b) Bill, Madeline, and Doc.
(c) Bill, Madeline, and Pat.
(d) Bill and Madeline.
2. Who arranged Doc's life insurance policies?
(a) Lila Luther.
(b) Senator Burkman.
(c) Fanning Arnholt.
(d) Bill Hardesty.
3. Who asks Pat for a ride home in Chapter 18?
(a) Rita Kennedy.
(c) Governor Clay.
(d) Myrtle Briscoe.
4. Whom does Pat decide he can fully trust?
(a) Governor Clay.
5. What will Pat's room be used for in Chapter 24?
(a) A business meeting.
(b) A speech rehearsal.
(c) A poker game.
(d) Servant training.
6. What does Eggleston want in exchange for Pat's information?
(a) A date with Lila.
(b) Pat's car.
(d) Free advertising.
7. What is the weather like when Pat goes to his office in Chapter 18?
8. What is the agreed opinion of Pat's situation?
(a) It is fabulous.
(b) It is precarious.
(c) It is dangerous.
(d) It is suspicious.
9. How does Pat feel when he finds someone in his car at the end of Chapter 18?
10. Why did Doc kill Eggleston?
(a) Eggleston attempted blackmail.
(b) Eggleston slept with Madeline.
(c) Eggleston knew too much about his scheme.
(d) Eggleston was threatening to report Doc to the authorities.
11. Whom will Doc frame for his supposed murder?
(b) Governor Clay.
(c) Senator Burkman.
(d) Myrtle Briscoe.
12. Why is Henry troubled in Chapter 24?
(a) Henry is sick but can't afford a sick day.
(b) Henry doesn't want to be accused of taking Pat's money.
(c) Lila won't stop flirting with Henry.
(d) Henry overheard Doc saying some despicable things.
13. What does Henry bring Pat in Chapter 24?
(a) A letter.
(b) A newspaper.
(d) A key.
14. Where is Eggleston's body?
(a) On the sofa.
(b) Shoved in the closet.
(c) On the floor.
(d) At his desk.
15. Where is Pat headed when he spots Lila on the side of the road?
(a) His apartment.
(b) Eggleston's office.
(c) Capitol City.
(d) Madeline's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is arrested at the end of Chapter 29?
2. How does Doc feel after hearing of Bill Hardesty's plan?
3. What happens to Madeline in Chapter 30?
4. How do the men react to Pat's announcement that Lila is not Doc's wife?
5. According to Pat, why does Doc act jealous?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)