|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Pat for a ride home in Chapter 18?
(a) Rita Kennedy.
(b) Myrtle Briscoe.
(d) Governor Clay.
2. What is the weather like when Pat goes to his office in Chapter 18?
3. Who goes to jail in Chapter 30?
(a) Pat and Madeline.
(b) Bill Hardesty, Doc, and Madeline.
(c) Doc, Bill Hardesty, and Senator Burkman.
(d) Pat and Doc.
4. How does Doc introduce his 'real' wife?
5. After the incident with Eggleston's body, where does Pat go?
(a) Bill Hardesty's apartment.
(b) Madeline's house.
(c) The roadhouse diner.
6. What are the businessmen doing when Pat arrives at the meeting?
(a) Listening to a radio broadcast.
(c) Smoking cigars.
(d) Playing poker.
7. What does Pat wait for, outside Eggleston's office?
(a) For the security guard to go on break.
(b) For Madeline to arrive.
(c) For Doc's car to pull up.
(d) For Eggleston to leave.
8. Who arranged Doc's life insurance policies?
(a) Lila Luther.
(b) Senator Burkman.
(c) Fanning Arnholt.
(d) Bill Hardesty.
9. Where does Pat run into the policeman at Eggleston's office building?
(a) The lobby.
(b) In the parking lot.
(c) In the men's room.
(d) Eggleston's office.
10. How does Doc feel after hearing of Bill Hardesty's plan?
11. What is the second newspaper article that Pat reads in Chapter 24 about?
(b) International news.
12. What is just as easy to get as parole?
(a) A pardon.
(b) A release.
(c) A conviction.
(d) An exchange.
13. What happened to Lila's real husband?
(a) Lila gave him too much medicine and he died.
(b) He ran off with his secretary.
(c) He drank himself to death.
(d) He died in a ten-car accident.
14. Why would Doc want Pat paroled?
(a) For political reasons.
(b) So that Pat cannot leave the area.
(c) So that the police can keep tabs on Pat.
(d) Doc likes to help those in need.
15. What is the occupation of the person Pat visited in Chapter 16?
(a) Police officer.
(c) Private Investigator.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Pat and Eggleston plan to meet?
2. As of Chapter 17, how many days has Pat been out of jail?
3. Why does Pat decide to smuggle Eggleston's body out of the building?
4. In Chapter 22, what part of Pat's body is the gun pointed towards?
5. What does Madeline suggest that taunts Pat?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)