|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Relative to the appointed time, when does Pat arrive at Eggleston's office?
(a) Extremely late.
(b) On time.
(d) Five minutes late.
2. Who is the real Mrs. Luther?
(b) Myrtle Briscoe.
(c) Rita Kennedy.
3. How does Pat react to the policeman at Eggleston's office building?
(a) Pat goes to the police station for questioning.
(b) Pat punches the policeman.
(c) Pat pretends to have a gun and holds a bystander hostage.
(d) Pat flings the body at the policeman.
4. Why would Doc want Pat paroled?
(a) So that Pat cannot leave the area.
(b) So that the police can keep tabs on Pat.
(c) Doc likes to help those in need.
(d) For political reasons.
5. What will Henry need to do to ready Pat's room in Chapter 24?
(a) Repaint the walls.
(b) Remove the bed.
(c) Rearrange the furniture.
(d) Add drapes to the windows.
6. How do Madeline and Bill Hardesty plan on ruining Doc's scheme?
(a) Having Pat kill Doc.
(b) Having Pat kill Senator Burkman.
(c) By bribing Doc.
(d) Going to the authorities.
7. What rumor is supposedly being spread about Pat?
(a) Pat is working with the C.I.A.
(b) Pat is older than he says.
(c) Pat is sleeping with Lila.
(d) Pat is scheming with Doc.
8. What is Pat offered in exchange for information on Doc?
(a) Job security.
(b) A full pardon.
(c) A raise.
9. Why does Pat threaten Bill Hardesty with physical violence?
(a) To stop him from lying again.
(b) For not revealing the entire plot.
(c) For seeing Madeline.
(d) To stop him from telling anyone about Eggleston's body.
10. What does Pat fear Doc has done in Chapter 16?
(a) Played a trick on Madeline.
(b) Ordered Willie to kill him.
(c) Stolen his identity.
(d) Taken out insurance on him.
11. What does Henry bring Pat in Chapter 24?
(b) A key.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A letter.
12. Where does Pat run into the policeman at Eggleston's office building?
(a) The lobby.
(b) In the men's room.
(c) In the parking lot.
(d) Eggleston's office.
13. What happens to Madeline in Chapter 30?
(a) Madeline reconciles with Doc.
(b) Madeline is never seen again.
(c) Madeline is sent to jail.
(d) Madeline divorces Doc and marries Pat.
14. What does Bill Hardesty say about Lila at the meeting?
(a) Lila is beautiful.
(b) Lila is obnoxious.
(c) Lila is insignificant.
(d) Lila is vain.
15. How does Pat react to Madeline's betrayal?
(a) Pat remains silent.
(b) Pat forces himself on Madeline.
(c) Pat beats Bill Hardesty.
(d) Pat trashes the apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pat decide to smuggle Eggleston's body out of the building?
2. In Chapter 22, what part of Pat's body is the gun pointed towards?
3. When do Pat and Eggleston plan to meet?
4. As of Chapter 17, how many days has Pat been out of jail?
5. Where is Eggleston's body?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)