|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Eggleston think about Pat's answers?
(a) A few seconds.
(b) Several minutes.
(c) An eternity.
(d) Almost an hour.
2. What is the second newspaper article that Pat reads in Chapter 24 about?
(c) International news.
3. Whom will the life insurance policies benefit?
(a) Bill Hardesty.
4. What is just as easy to get as parole?
(a) A pardon.
(b) An exchange.
(c) A release.
(d) A conviction.
5. What does Pat conclude after listening to Lila's story?
(a) She is in a dangerous situation.
(b) Lila is not a good liar.
(c) She is just as scheming as Doc.
(d) Lila's life story is quite boring.
6. What does Madeline suggest that taunts Pat?
(a) Madeline is repulsed by Pat.
(b) Bill Hardesty and Madeline are lovers.
(c) Pat is a horrible kisser.
(d) Madeline was bored by Pat's life story.
7. How does Pat react to the policeman at Eggleston's office building?
(a) Pat punches the policeman.
(b) Pat goes to the police station for questioning.
(c) Pat pretends to have a gun and holds a bystander hostage.
(d) Pat flings the body at the policeman.
8. What does Pat do when he returns home in Chapter 23?
(a) Tells Doc everything.
(b) Drinks alcohol.
(c) Takes a shower.
(d) Eats some pie.
9. What will Pat's room be used for in Chapter 24?
(a) Servant training.
(b) A speech rehearsal.
(c) A poker game.
(d) A business meeting.
10. What is Lila supposed to make the shared ride look like?
(a) A date.
(b) A kidnapping.
(c) A secret meeting.
(d) A carpool.
11. What is the occupation of the person Pat visited in Chapter 16?
(b) Police officer.
(c) Private Investigator.
12. What did Lila do for Doc in the past?
(a) Lila arranged private meetings between Doc and a mystery woman.
(b) Lila convinced Doc's parents that they were in love.
(c) Lila was Doc's maid for many years.
(d) Engaged in sexual relationships with influential married men.
13. How does Pat feel when he finds someone in his car at the end of Chapter 18?
14. Who asks Pat for a ride home in Chapter 18?
(b) Rita Kennedy.
(c) Myrtle Briscoe.
(d) Governor Clay.
15. How does Pat answer Eggleston's questions?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is arrested at the end of Chapter 29?
2. When do Pat and Eggleston plan to meet?
3. Pat wonders if whom killed Eggleston?
4. What does Bill Hardesty say about Lila at the meeting?
5. Who points a gun at Pat in Chapter 22?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)