|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pat visit in Chapter 16?
(a) Rita Kennedy.
(c) Governor Clay.
2. Why does Pat threaten Bill Hardesty with physical violence?
(a) To stop him from telling anyone about Eggleston's body.
(b) For not revealing the entire plot.
(c) To stop him from lying again.
(d) For seeing Madeline.
3. What is the second newspaper article that Pat reads in Chapter 24 about?
(c) International news.
4. What is Eggleston holding?
(a) A coffee.
(b) A letter.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A gun.
5. What does Pat see on Eggleston's desk?
(a) A burning cigar.
(b) An opened appointment book.
(c) A smoking gun.
(d) A shredded file.
6. How does Doc feel after hearing of Bill Hardesty's plan?
7. According to Doc, who will the authorities soon be looking for?
(a) Rita Kennedy.
(b) Lila Luther.
(c) Senator Burkman.
8. What happens to Madeline in Chapter 30?
(a) Madeline is never seen again.
(b) Madeline divorces Doc and marries Pat.
(c) Madeline reconciles with Doc.
(d) Madeline is sent to jail.
9. What is the occupation of the person Pat visited in Chapter 16?
(c) Private Investigator.
(d) Police officer.
10. How does Pat react to Madeline's betrayal?
(a) Pat beats Bill Hardesty.
(b) Pat remains silent.
(c) Pat forces himself on Madeline.
(d) Pat trashes the apartment.
11. Who goes to jail in Chapter 30?
(a) Bill Hardesty, Doc, and Madeline.
(b) Doc, Bill Hardesty, and Senator Burkman.
(c) Pat and Madeline.
(d) Pat and Doc.
12. Why would Doc want Pat paroled?
(a) For political reasons.
(b) So that Pat cannot leave the area.
(c) So that the police can keep tabs on Pat.
(d) Doc likes to help those in need.
13. Whom will the life insurance policies benefit?
(a) Bill Hardesty.
14. Who arranged Doc's life insurance policies?
(a) Lila Luther.
(b) Fanning Arnholt.
(c) Bill Hardesty.
(d) Senator Burkman.
15. How does Pat get into Eggleston's office?
(a) Pat sneaks in.
(b) Pat kicks down the door.
(c) Pat walks through the front door.
(d) Pat breaks a window.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Senator Burkman begin to cry?
2. How does Pat feel when he finds someone in his car at the end of Chapter 18?
3. After the incident with Eggleston's body, where does Pat go?
4. How does Pat react to the policeman at Eggleston's office building?
5. What is the agreed opinion of Pat's situation?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)