|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Henry troubled in Chapter 24?
(a) Henry is sick but can't afford a sick day.
(b) Henry overheard Doc saying some despicable things.
(c) Lila won't stop flirting with Henry.
(d) Henry doesn't want to be accused of taking Pat's money.
2. What does Pat intend to do at Eggleston's office?
(a) Go through Eggleston's files.
(b) Surprise Eggleston upon his return.
(c) Wait for Eggleston patiently.
(d) Steal Eggleston's gun.
3. How long does Eggleston think about Pat's answers?
(a) A few seconds.
(b) An eternity.
(c) Almost an hour.
(d) Several minutes.
4. What shocking revelation does Pat come by in Chapter 25?
(a) Doc and Lila are not married.
(b) Doc and Rita are married.
(c) Lila is Doc's niece.
(d) Bill Hardesty and Madeline are married.
5. Who does Pat believe is using him for their own purposes?
(b) Bill Hardesty.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Myrtle Briscoe.
6. Where do Pat and Eggleston plan to have their meeting?
(a) The roadhouse diner.
(b) Pat's apartment.
(c) At the boat launch.
(d) Eggleston's office.
7. Why did Doc kill Eggleston?
(a) Eggleston knew too much about his scheme.
(b) Eggleston attempted blackmail.
(c) Eggleston slept with Madeline.
(d) Eggleston was threatening to report Doc to the authorities.
8. According to Lila, what is wrong with her car?
(a) The car is overheated.
(b) The car has a flat tire.
(c) The battery is dead.
(d) The car is out of gas.
9. How does Pat get into Eggleston's office?
(a) Pat walks through the front door.
(b) Pat sneaks in.
(c) Pat kicks down the door.
(d) Pat breaks a window.
10. What does Pat wait for, outside Eggleston's office?
(a) For Eggleston to leave.
(b) For the security guard to go on break.
(c) For Doc's car to pull up.
(d) For Madeline to arrive.
11. Whom does Pat decide he can fully trust?
(b) Governor Clay.
12. What is Pat offered in exchange for information on Doc?
(a) A raise.
(b) A full pardon.
(c) Job security.
13. Who goes to jail in Chapter 30?
(a) Bill Hardesty, Doc, and Madeline.
(b) Pat and Doc.
(c) Pat and Madeline.
(d) Doc, Bill Hardesty, and Senator Burkman.
14. Who points a gun at Pat in Chapter 22?
(a) Bill Hardesty.
15. After the incident with Eggleston's body, where does Pat go?
(b) Bill Hardesty's apartment.
(c) Madeline's house.
(d) The roadhouse diner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pat decide to smuggle Eggleston's body out of the building?
2. Who is contacted by the media at the end of the book?
3. Why is Bill Hardesty upset with Doc?
4. What does Bill Hardesty say about Lila at the meeting?
5. Why would Doc want Pat paroled?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)