Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who points a gun at Pat in Chapter 22?
(c) Bill Hardesty.
2. How does Doc feel after hearing of Bill Hardesty's plan?
3. What is just as easy to get as parole?
(a) A release.
(b) An exchange.
(c) A conviction.
(d) A pardon.
4. What is Pat offered in exchange for information on Doc?
(a) Job security.
(c) A full pardon.
(d) A raise.
5. What does Henry bring Pat in Chapter 24?
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A key.
(d) A letter.
6. How does Pat react to Madeline's betrayal?
(a) Pat trashes the apartment.
(b) Pat remains silent.
(c) Pat beats Bill Hardesty.
(d) Pat forces himself on Madeline.
7. Whom will Doc frame for his supposed murder?
(a) Senator Burkman.
(b) Governor Clay.
(c) Myrtle Briscoe.
8. Whom does Pat decide he can fully trust?
(c) Governor Clay.
9. Who is arrested at the end of Chapter 29?
(a) Doc and Bill.
(d) Madeline and Bill.
10. Where is Pat headed when he spots Lila on the side of the road?
(a) His apartment.
(b) Madeline's apartment.
(c) Eggleston's office.
(d) Capitol City.
11. Who asks Pat for a ride home in Chapter 18?
(a) Myrtle Briscoe.
(b) Rita Kennedy.
(d) Governor Clay.
12. Why would Doc want Pat paroled?
(a) So that the police can keep tabs on Pat.
(b) Doc likes to help those in need.
(c) For political reasons.
(d) So that Pat cannot leave the area.
13. What happens to Madeline in Chapter 30?
(a) Madeline reconciles with Doc.
(b) Madeline is sent to jail.
(c) Madeline divorces Doc and marries Pat.
(d) Madeline is never seen again.
14. Who is contacted by the media at the end of the book?
(c) Myrtle Briscoe.
15. What does Eggleston want in exchange for Pat's information?
(b) Free advertising.
(c) Pat's car.
(d) A date with Lila.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pat run into the policeman at Eggleston's office building?
2. Who does not believe Pat when he denies the rumor?
3. Relative to the appointed time, when does Pat arrive at Eggleston's office?
4. What does Madeline suggest that taunts Pat?
5. How do Madeline and Bill Hardesty plan on ruining Doc's scheme?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)