|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pat run into the policeman at Eggleston's office building?
(a) In the men's room.
(b) The lobby.
(c) Eggleston's office.
(d) In the parking lot.
2. What are the businessmen doing when Pat arrives at the meeting?
(a) Listening to a radio broadcast.
(c) Playing poker.
(d) Smoking cigars.
3. Who is the real Mrs. Luther?
(c) Myrtle Briscoe.
(d) Rita Kennedy.
4. What is Eggleston holding?
(a) A coffee.
(b) A gun.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A letter.
5. Pat wonders if whom killed Eggleston?
(b) Senator Burkman.
6. What is the second newspaper article that Pat reads in Chapter 24 about?
(c) International news.
7. What was Madeline's assignment in Doc's scheme?
(a) To shadow Pat.
(b) To sabotage Pat.
(c) To flirt with Pat.
(d) To kill Pat.
8. What will Pat's room be used for in Chapter 24?
(a) A business meeting.
(b) A poker game.
(c) Servant training.
(d) A speech rehearsal.
9. Who is responsible for exposing Arnholt?
(c) Bill Hardesty.
(d) Senator Burkman.
10. According to Lila, what is wrong with her car?
(a) The car is overheated.
(b) The battery is dead.
(c) The car has a flat tire.
(d) The car is out of gas.
11. Whom will Doc frame for his supposed murder?
(a) Myrtle Briscoe.
(c) Governor Clay.
(d) Senator Burkman.
12. Why doesn't Pat want to ride in the car with Lila?
(a) Lila's perfume is too strong.
(b) Pat despises Lila.
(c) Pat can't concentrate with Lila in the car.
(d) Pat feels it is inappropriate.
13. What is the agreed opinion of Pat's situation?
(a) It is precarious.
(b) It is fabulous.
(c) It is suspicious.
(d) It is dangerous.
14. According to Madeline, how was she able to win Pat over?
(a) With her sensual perfume.
(b) With her intelligent mind.
(c) With petting and kissing.
(d) With her sweet smile.
15. Why does Pat feel guilty in Chapter 17?
(a) Pat feels guilty for not going to church.
(b) Pat feels guilty for taking public funds without doing any real work.
(c) Pat feels guilty for kissing Lila.
(d) Pat feels guilty for seeking out a private investigator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat fear Doc has done in Chapter 16?
2. Who is contacted by the media at the end of the book?
3. Who achieves wealth and fame at the end of the book?
4. What is the first newspaper article about that Pat reads in Chapter 24?
5. What happened to Lila's real husband?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)