|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat intend to do at Eggleston's office?
(a) Steal Eggleston's gun.
(b) Surprise Eggleston upon his return.
(c) Wait for Eggleston patiently.
(d) Go through Eggleston's files.
2. Why does Pat threaten Bill Hardesty with physical violence?
(a) To stop him from telling anyone about Eggleston's body.
(b) For not revealing the entire plot.
(c) To stop him from lying again.
(d) For seeing Madeline.
3. What is Lila supposed to make the shared ride look like?
(a) A kidnapping.
(b) A date.
(c) A carpool.
(d) A secret meeting.
4. After the incident with Eggleston's body, where does Pat go?
(a) Bill Hardesty's apartment.
(b) Madeline's house.
(c) The roadhouse diner.
5. What is the occupation of the person Pat visited in Chapter 16?
(a) Private Investigator.
(c) Police officer.
6. Who arranged Doc's life insurance policies?
(a) Senator Burkman.
(b) Lila Luther.
(c) Bill Hardesty.
(d) Fanning Arnholt.
7. Where is Pat headed when he spots Lila on the side of the road?
(a) Madeline's apartment.
(b) His apartment.
(c) Eggleston's office.
(d) Capitol City.
8. What does the caller in Chapter 21 apologize for?
(a) Forgetting Eggleston's birthday.
(b) Missing an appointment.
(c) Calling so late.
(d) Forgetting to call earlier.
9. Why does Senator Burkman begin to cry?
(a) Senator Burkman just lost a small fortune in the stock market.
(b) Senator Burkman's favorite baseball team just lost.
(c) Senator Burkman's mother just died.
(d) Senator Burkman's career is over.
10. What rumor is supposedly being spread about Pat?
(a) Pat is older than he says.
(b) Pat is sleeping with Lila.
(c) Pat is working with the C.I.A.
(d) Pat is scheming with Doc.
11. What does Henry bring Pat in Chapter 24?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A key.
(d) A letter.
12. According to Doc, who will the authorities soon be looking for?
(a) Rita Kennedy.
(b) Senator Burkman.
(d) Lila Luther.
13. Why does Pat whisper on the phone?
(a) To disguise his voice.
(b) To tell a secret.
(c) To remain undiscovered by the security guard.
(d) To alleviate his sore throat.
14. How does Pat react to the policeman at Eggleston's office building?
(a) Pat flings the body at the policeman.
(b) Pat goes to the police station for questioning.
(c) Pat pretends to have a gun and holds a bystander hostage.
(d) Pat punches the policeman.
15. Who points a gun at Pat in Chapter 22?
(b) Bill Hardesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pat get into Eggleston's office?
2. Who is arrested at the end of Chapter 29?
3. What will Pat's room be used for in Chapter 24?
4. How does Lila deal with the grief of losing her husband?
5. What is the first newspaper article about that Pat reads in Chapter 24?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)