|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Madeline in Chapter 30?
(a) Madeline divorces Doc and marries Pat.
(b) Madeline reconciles with Doc.
(c) Madeline is never seen again.
(d) Madeline is sent to jail.
2. Who is contacted by the media at the end of the book?
(d) Myrtle Briscoe.
3. What does Pat do when he returns home in Chapter 23?
(a) Eats some pie.
(b) Takes a shower.
(c) Drinks alcohol.
(d) Tells Doc everything.
4. According to Lila, what is wrong with her car?
(a) The car is overheated.
(b) The battery is dead.
(c) The car is out of gas.
(d) The car has a flat tire.
5. What happens to Pat in Chapter 30?
(a) Pat is put under house arrest.
(b) Pat goes on the run.
(c) Pat receives a full pardon.
(d) Pat goes back to jail.
6. Why does Pat decide to smuggle Eggleston's body out of the building?
(a) To avoid a return to jail.
(b) Pat wants to keep the death a secret.
(c) Pat thinks Doc can take care of it.
(d) The body is smelling up the office.
7. What is the weather like when Pat goes to his office in Chapter 18?
8. Why doesn't Pat want to ride in the car with Lila?
(a) Pat can't concentrate with Lila in the car.
(b) Pat despises Lila.
(c) Lila's perfume is too strong.
(d) Pat feels it is inappropriate.
9. Why did Doc kill Eggleston?
(a) Eggleston attempted blackmail.
(b) Eggleston knew too much about his scheme.
(c) Eggleston slept with Madeline.
(d) Eggleston was threatening to report Doc to the authorities.
10. What does Pat fear Doc has done in Chapter 16?
(a) Played a trick on Madeline.
(b) Taken out insurance on him.
(c) Ordered Willie to kill him.
(d) Stolen his identity.
11. Whom will Doc frame for his supposed murder?
(a) Governor Clay.
(c) Senator Burkman.
(d) Myrtle Briscoe.
12. What does Madeline suggest that taunts Pat?
(a) Bill Hardesty and Madeline are lovers.
(b) Pat is a horrible kisser.
(c) Madeline was bored by Pat's life story.
(d) Madeline is repulsed by Pat.
13. What does Pat wait for, outside Eggleston's office?
(a) For the security guard to go on break.
(b) For Eggleston to leave.
(c) For Doc's car to pull up.
(d) For Madeline to arrive.
14. Whom will the life insurance policies benefit?
(a) Bill Hardesty.
15. What does Henry bring Pat in Chapter 24?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A key.
(c) A letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pat describe Bill Hardesty's scheme?
2. What rumor is supposedly being spread about Pat?
3. Why is Bill Hardesty upset with Doc?
4. As of Chapter 17, how many days has Pat been out of jail?
5. What was Madeline's assignment in Doc's scheme?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)