|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lila, what is wrong with her car?
(a) The car has a flat tire.
(b) The car is overheated.
(c) The car is out of gas.
(d) The battery is dead.
2. What is Pat offered in exchange for information on Doc?
(a) Job security.
(b) A raise.
(c) A full pardon.
3. What does Lila sell in Chapter 30?
(a) Women's cosmetics.
(c) Her life story.
(d) Her body.
4. What does Pat say that he's known for some time in Chapter 28?
(a) Doc planned to send Pat back to prison.
(b) Doc's wife is not Lila, but Madeline.
(c) Doc killed Eggleston.
(d) Doc was planning an insurance scheme.
5. What is the second newspaper article that Pat reads in Chapter 24 about?
(a) International news.
6. Why would Doc want Pat paroled?
(a) So that Pat cannot leave the area.
(b) Doc likes to help those in need.
(c) For political reasons.
(d) So that the police can keep tabs on Pat.
7. What does Pat fear Doc has done in Chapter 16?
(a) Ordered Willie to kill him.
(b) Taken out insurance on him.
(c) Played a trick on Madeline.
(d) Stolen his identity.
8. How does Pat react to the policeman at Eggleston's office building?
(a) Pat flings the body at the policeman.
(b) Pat pretends to have a gun and holds a bystander hostage.
(c) Pat goes to the police station for questioning.
(d) Pat punches the policeman.
9. How long does Eggleston think about Pat's answers?
(a) An eternity.
(b) A few seconds.
(c) Several minutes.
(d) Almost an hour.
10. What is Eggleston holding?
(a) A gun.
(b) A coffee.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A letter.
11. How does Doc introduce his 'real' wife?
12. What does the caller in Chapter 21 apologize for?
(a) Missing an appointment.
(b) Forgetting Eggleston's birthday.
(c) Forgetting to call earlier.
(d) Calling so late.
13. What was Madeline's assignment in Doc's scheme?
(a) To flirt with Pat.
(b) To sabotage Pat.
(c) To shadow Pat.
(d) To kill Pat.
14. What will Pat's room be used for in Chapter 24?
(a) A poker game.
(b) A business meeting.
(c) Servant training.
(d) A speech rehearsal.
15. How does Pat feel when he finds someone in his car at the end of Chapter 18?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Pat decide he can fully trust?
2. Who does Pat believe is using him for their own purposes?
3. How does Lila deal with the grief of losing her husband?
4. What does Madeline suggest that taunts Pat?
5. When do Pat and Eggleston plan to meet?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)