|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Lila's real husband?
(a) Lila gave him too much medicine and he died.
(b) He ran off with his secretary.
(c) He died in a ten-car accident.
(d) He drank himself to death.
2. According to Pat, why does Doc act jealous?
(a) To anger him.
(b) To confuse him.
(c) To manipulate him.
(d) To intimidate him.
3. According to Doc, who will the authorities soon be looking for?
(b) Senator Burkman.
(c) Lila Luther.
(d) Rita Kennedy.
4. How does Pat feel when he finds someone in his car at the end of Chapter 18?
5. How does Pat react to the policeman at Eggleston's office building?
(a) Pat flings the body at the policeman.
(b) Pat pretends to have a gun and holds a bystander hostage.
(c) Pat punches the policeman.
(d) Pat goes to the police station for questioning.
6. What does Pat fear Doc has done in Chapter 16?
(a) Stolen his identity.
(b) Taken out insurance on him.
(c) Played a trick on Madeline.
(d) Ordered Willie to kill him.
7. What is Lila supposed to make the shared ride look like?
(a) A secret meeting.
(b) A date.
(c) A carpool.
(d) A kidnapping.
8. Where do Pat and Eggleston plan to have their meeting?
(a) Eggleston's office.
(b) At the boat launch.
(c) The roadhouse diner.
(d) Pat's apartment.
9. Why is Bill Hardesty upset with Doc?
(a) Doc slept with Madeline.
(b) Doc made a decision without Bill.
(c) Doc stole Bill's money.
(d) Doc blamed Bill for exposing Arnholt.
10. What is Pat offered in exchange for information on Doc?
(a) A full pardon.
(c) Job security.
(d) A raise.
11. Why does Pat feel guilty in Chapter 17?
(a) Pat feels guilty for seeking out a private investigator.
(b) Pat feels guilty for taking public funds without doing any real work.
(c) Pat feels guilty for kissing Lila.
(d) Pat feels guilty for not going to church.
12. What is just as easy to get as parole?
(a) An exchange.
(b) A pardon.
(c) A conviction.
(d) A release.
13. What shocking revelation does Pat come by in Chapter 25?
(a) Bill Hardesty and Madeline are married.
(b) Doc and Lila are not married.
(c) Doc and Rita are married.
(d) Lila is Doc's niece.
14. When do Pat and Eggleston plan to meet?
(a) Tuesday at lunch.
(b) The following night.
(c) At midnight.
(d) Over the weekend.
15. In what manner does Pat inform Doc of Hardesty's scheme?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who points a gun at Pat in Chapter 22?
2. Who is the real Mrs. Luther?
3. How does Pat get into Eggleston's office?
4. After the incident with Eggleston's body, where does Pat go?
5. How do the men react to Pat's announcement that Lila is not Doc's wife?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)