|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Pat and Eggleston plan to meet?
(a) Over the weekend.
(b) The following night.
(c) Tuesday at lunch.
(d) At midnight.
2. Who does Pat visit in Chapter 16?
(c) Governor Clay.
(d) Rita Kennedy.
3. What was Madeline's assignment in Doc's scheme?
(a) To flirt with Pat.
(b) To shadow Pat.
(c) To kill Pat.
(d) To sabotage Pat.
4. What happened to Lila's real husband?
(a) He drank himself to death.
(b) He died in a ten-car accident.
(c) Lila gave him too much medicine and he died.
(d) He ran off with his secretary.
5. How do the men react to Pat's announcement that Lila is not Doc's wife?
(a) Curious and shocked.
(b) Surprised but somewhat indifferent.
(c) Not interested in the slightest.
(d) Furious and vengeful.
6. What does Lila sell in Chapter 30?
(a) Her body.
(b) Her life story.
(d) Women's cosmetics.
7. Who is the real Mrs. Luther?
(a) Myrtle Briscoe.
(d) Rita Kennedy.
8. How does Pat describe Bill Hardesty's scheme?
(a) Very simple.
(b) Very silly.
(c) Very subtle.
(d) Very stupid.
9. Who points a gun at Pat in Chapter 22?
(a) Bill Hardesty.
10. Who asks Pat for a ride home in Chapter 18?
(a) Governor Clay.
(c) Rita Kennedy.
(d) Myrtle Briscoe.
11. Whom does Pat decide he can fully trust?
(d) Governor Clay.
12. What is the agreed opinion of Pat's situation?
(a) It is precarious.
(b) It is suspicious.
(c) It is dangerous.
(d) It is fabulous.
13. Who arranged Doc's life insurance policies?
(a) Senator Burkman.
(b) Fanning Arnholt.
(c) Bill Hardesty.
(d) Lila Luther.
14. According to Pat, why does Doc act jealous?
(a) To anger him.
(b) To manipulate him.
(c) To intimidate him.
(d) To confuse him.
15. Why does Pat threaten Bill Hardesty with physical violence?
(a) To stop him from telling anyone about Eggleston's body.
(b) To stop him from lying again.
(c) For seeing Madeline.
(d) For not revealing the entire plot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is responsible for exposing Arnholt?
2. What does Eggleston want in exchange for Pat's information?
3. According to Madeline, how was she able to win Pat over?
4. Who goes to jail in Chapter 30?
5. What does Pat conclude after listening to Lila's story?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)