|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Lila's baby?
(a) The baby was stillborn.
(b) The baby is being raised by Lila's parents.
(c) Lila miscarried.
(d) The baby was adopted.
2. What does Doc buy for Pat in Capitol City?
3. After questioning Pat, what does Doc determine?
(a) Pat is very polite.
(b) Pat is a terrible liar.
(c) Pat has an excellent memory.
(d) Pat has a vivid imagination.
4. What does Pat tell Madeline in Chapter 11?
(a) That Doc warned Pat not to go near Madeline.
(b) That Pat is an ex-con.
(c) Pat's life story.
(d) That Pat doesn't like her.
5. Where does Pat hear an argument taking place?
(a) A hardware store.
(b) Doc's car.
(c) At the house.
(d) A cafe.
6. How does Lila react to Doc ordering her to leave the room?
(a) Lila breaks a mirror.
(b) Lila slaps Doc.
(c) Lila leaves in silence.
(d) Lila flings her drink in Doc's face.
7. What is Bill Hardesty's profession?
(a) Insurance Agent.
(c) Stock broker.
8. How old is Pat?
(a) Thirty-three years old.
(b) Twenty-seven years old.
(c) Forty-one years old.
(d) Thirty-nine years old.
9. Where do Pat and Doc stop for lunch?
(a) A fast food restaurant.
(b) A roadhouse diner.
(c) A cafe.
(d) The food court of a mall.
10. For what reason does Doc argue with the man in Chapter 4?
(a) The man owes Doc money.
(b) The man has been overly flirtatious with Lila.
(c) The man gave Doc a parking ticket.
(d) The man rear-ended his car.
11. Who did Pat have a conversation with outside the bank?
(a) The police chief.
(b) Pat's mother.
(c) The town judge.
(d) The bank manager.
12. Who occupies the lower apartments of the house?
(a) Governor Clay and Myrtle Briscoe.
(b) Madeline and Willie.
(c) Senator Burkman and his children.
(d) Doc and Lila.
13. Why, in spite of his past, is Doc in influential circles?
(a) He has bribed people.
(b) No one has found out about his past.
(c) He knows many secrets about important people.
(d) People are forgiving.
14. Where do Doc and Pat visit Myrtle?
(a) At the roadhouse diner.
(b) At Governor Clay's office.
(c) At the capital.
(d) At her apartment.
15. How long has Myrtle served as the Commissioner of Corrections?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Thirty years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Pat ineligible for parole?
2. According to Pat's estimation, how old is Doc?
3. What has Lila inherited?
4. When does Doc take Pat downtown?
5. Who is Willie?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)