|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat remove as he talks to the parole officer?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His hat.
(d) His pants.
2. What is threatening Pat's situation with Doc?
(a) Pat's parole officer.
(b) Pat's relationship with Madeline.
(c) Pat's new job.
(d) Lila's flirting.
3. Who did Pat have a conversation with outside the bank?
(a) The police chief.
(b) Pat's mother.
(c) The town judge.
(d) The bank manager.
4. For what reason does Doc argue with the man in Chapter 4?
(a) The man gave Doc a parking ticket.
(b) The man owes Doc money.
(c) The man rear-ended his car.
(d) The man has been overly flirtatious with Lila.
5. After Doc picks Pat up from prison, where do they drive towards?
(a) Sin City.
(d) Capital City.
6. What does Pat realize at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Madeline's apartment is messy.
(b) Doc has a twin.
(c) Someone has sneaked into the apartment.
(d) Madeline is in love with Doc.
7. Who follows Pat out of town with Myrtle?
(b) Governor Clay.
(c) A policeman.
8. What does Pat give to the parole officer who sneaks into Madeline's apartment ?
(b) A watch.
(c) His shirt.
(d) A severe beating.
9. What does the house where Doc and Pat live look like?
(a) Dilapidated and large.
(b) Small and tidy.
(c) Old and expensive.
(d) Modern and spacious.
10. What does Pat notice about the downtown of Capitol City?
(a) It is full of new buildings.
(b) It has hardly changed.
(c) It has become more upscale.
(d) It has become slum-like.
11. How does Lila make Doc jealous?
(a) Lila spends too much time with her friends.
(b) Lila eats whatever she wants.
(c) Lila wears revealing clothing.
(d) Lila flirts with other men.
12. What does Pat contemplate while at the diner?
(a) Social corruption.
(b) The recession.
(c) Ecological destruction.
(d) Urban sprawl.
13. How many years has Pat been incarcerated?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Eleven years.
(d) Twenty years.
14. What happened to Lila's baby?
(a) The baby was stillborn.
(b) The baby is being raised by Lila's parents.
(c) The baby was adopted.
(d) Lila miscarried.
15. Why is Pat ineligible for parole?
(a) Pat behaved badly in prison.
(b) Pat does not have a sponsor.
(c) He is too dangerous.
(d) Pat has a life sentence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pat hear an argument taking place?
2. What happens between Pat and Madeline at Doc's car?
3. Where is the job Senator Burkman promises for Pat?
4. At the apartment, whom does Doc introduce to Pat?
5. What do Madeline and Pat do together while he visits her at her apartment?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)