|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why, in spite of his past, is Doc in influential circles?
(a) No one has found out about his past.
(b) People are forgiving.
(c) He has bribed people.
(d) He knows many secrets about important people.
2. What did Pat Cosgrove go to jail for?
(a) Robbing a bank.
(b) Embezzling $825,000.
(d) Killing his brother.
3. As of Chapter 13, how long has Pat been out of prison?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two and a half weeks.
4. What is Pat's initial reaction toward Madeline?
5. What does Doc buy for Pat in Capitol City?
6. How does Lila react to Doc ordering her to leave the room?
(a) Lila slaps Doc.
(b) Lila breaks a mirror.
(c) Lila leaves in silence.
(d) Lila flings her drink in Doc's face.
7. Who issued Pat's parole?
(a) Myrtle Briscoe.
(b) Governor Clay.
(c) Doc Luther.
(d) Senator Burkman.
8. What is threatening Pat's situation with Doc?
(a) Pat's new job.
(b) Pat's relationship with Madeline.
(c) Lila's flirting.
(d) Pat's parole officer.
9. What does the house where Doc and Pat live look like?
(a) Dilapidated and large.
(b) Modern and spacious.
(c) Old and expensive.
(d) Small and tidy.
10. For what reason does Doc argue with the man in Chapter 4?
(a) The man has been overly flirtatious with Lila.
(b) The man rear-ended his car.
(c) The man gave Doc a parking ticket.
(d) The man owes Doc money.
11. After questioning Pat, what does Doc determine?
(a) Pat has a vivid imagination.
(b) Pat is very polite.
(c) Pat has an excellent memory.
(d) Pat is a terrible liar.
12. What is the name of Pat's prison?
(a) Springwater State Reformatory.
(b) Sandstone State Reformatory.
(c) Everwood State Reformatory.
(d) Riverdale State Reformatory.
13. How many years has Pat been incarcerated?
(a) Two years.
(b) Eleven years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fifteen years.
14. What does Pat spend a few days wondering about?
(a) How to find a better job.
(b) How to extricate himself from Doc's plans.
(c) How to avoid Lila.
(d) How to confess his feelings to Madeline.
15. What does Doc question Pat about?
(a) Whom Pat met at the house.
(b) How Pat intends to spend his money.
(c) Pat's time in jail.
(d) His conversation with Bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lila's pregnancy prevent her from doing?
2. Where did Pat think he was going to work?
3. Who is Willie?
4. What does Pat notice about the downtown of Capitol City?
5. What does Hardesty tell Pat about the nature of Doc's plan?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)