|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Doc argue with the man in Chapter 4?
(a) The man owes Doc money.
(b) The man gave Doc a parking ticket.
(c) The man has been overly flirtatious with Lila.
(d) The man rear-ended his car.
2. Whom does Pat meet with in Capitol City?
(a) Bill Hardesty.
(b) Myrtle Briscoe.
(c) Rita Kennedy.
(d) Senator Burkman.
3. What does Pat spend a few days wondering about?
(a) How to extricate himself from Doc's plans.
(b) How to confess his feelings to Madeline.
(c) How to find a better job.
(d) How to avoid Lila.
4. Where does Pat visit Madeline in Chapter 11?
(a) At a coffee shop.
(b) The Capitol building.
(c) At Madeline's apartment.
(d) At Pat's apartment.
5. Where do Pat and Doc eat lunch in Chapter 7?
(a) A taco stand.
(b) In the Capitol building cafeteria.
(c) The roadhouse diner.
(d) A cafe.
6. What does Myrtle tell Pat he is becoming involved in?
(a) Something that is politically dangerous.
(b) The greatest opportunity of his life.
(c) Something that likely is illegal.
(d) Something that is life changing.
7. What does Hardesty tell Pat about the nature of Doc's plan?
(a) It will involve a sensational disclosure to the media.
(b) It will cost a great deal of money to carry out.
(c) It will make international news.
(d) Doc has been planning it for a decade.
8. What does Madeline take from Doc's car?
(a) A parking permit.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A file folder.
(d) A newspaper.
9. What does Lila's pregnancy prevent her from doing?
(a) Working for Doc.
(b) Finishing school.
(c) Traveling abroad.
(d) Joining a country club.
10. What does Pat claim as he leaves Lila's bedroom?
(a) He has an appointment.
(b) He has a headache.
(c) He feels sick.
(d) He is tired.
11. What does Pat notice about Lila?
(a) Her perfectly straight hair.
(b) Her physical perfection.
(c) Her limp.
(d) The mole on her neck.
12. What does Lila Luther look like?
(a) Thin, with red hair, and glasses.
(b) Short, round, and brunette.
(c) Tall, slender, and blonde.
(d) Pale, statuesque, and freckly.
13. How does Madeline recount her life story to Pat?
14. Who issued Pat's parole?
(a) Myrtle Briscoe.
(b) Senator Burkman.
(c) Doc Luther.
(d) Governor Clay.
15. What does Pat notice about the downtown of Capitol City?
(a) It has hardly changed.
(b) It is full of new buildings.
(c) It has become more upscale.
(d) It has become slum-like.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not included with Pat's new job?
2. How long has Myrtle served as the Commissioner of Corrections?
3. Who did Pat have a conversation with outside the bank?
4. How does Lila explain the purchase of the car?
5. Who follows Pat out of town with Myrtle?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)