|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat reveal on his body to Madeline and the parole officer?
(b) A birthmark.
(d) An artificial limb.
2. What job did Doc hold long ago?
(a) Professor of Sociology.
(b) Professor of Physics.
(c) Professor of Philosophy.
(d) Professor of Psychology.
3. What does Doc hope to do by his plan?
(a) Help the needy.
(b) Get revenge for a past betrayal.
(c) Sway an upcoming election.
(d) Gain political power.
4. What does Lila Luther look like?
(a) Short, round, and brunette.
(b) Pale, statuesque, and freckly.
(c) Thin, with red hair, and glasses.
(d) Tall, slender, and blonde.
5. After questioning Pat, what does Doc determine?
(a) Pat is a terrible liar.
(b) Pat is very polite.
(c) Pat has an excellent memory.
(d) Pat has a vivid imagination.
6. What happened to Lila's baby?
(a) The baby is being raised by Lila's parents.
(b) The baby was stillborn.
(c) Lila miscarried.
(d) The baby was adopted.
7. Where is the job Senator Burkman promises for Pat?
(a) Waste Management.
(b) Water Works.
(c) Parks and Recreation.
(d) Highway Commission.
8. Where did Pat grow up?
(a) The suburbs.
(b) Capitol City.
(c) A rough urban neighborhood.
(d) A small rural town.
9. After Doc picks Pat up from prison, where do they drive towards?
(c) Sin City.
(d) Capital City.
10. What does Pat tell Madeline in Chapter 11?
(a) That Doc warned Pat not to go near Madeline.
(b) That Pat doesn't like her.
(c) That Pat is an ex-con.
(d) Pat's life story.
11. Who issued Pat's parole?
(a) Doc Luther.
(b) Senator Burkman.
(c) Myrtle Briscoe.
(d) Governor Clay.
12. Who did Pat have a conversation with outside the bank?
(a) Pat's mother.
(b) The police chief.
(c) The bank manager.
(d) The town judge.
13. What has Lila inherited?
(a) A yacht.
(b) An estate.
(d) A car.
14. Where do Doc and Pat drive to in Chapter 5?
(a) Senator Burkman's office.
(b) The State Capital building.
(c) The public library.
(d) Back home.
15. Where does Pat hear an argument taking place?
(a) Doc's car.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A hardware store.
(d) At the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the apartment, whom does Doc introduce to Pat?
2. To where does Lila follow Pat?
3. What does Myrtle question Pat about?
4. Why, in spite of his past, is Doc in influential circles?
5. What color is Myrtle's hair?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)