|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lila Luther look like?
(a) Thin, with red hair, and glasses.
(b) Short, round, and brunette.
(c) Pale, statuesque, and freckly.
(d) Tall, slender, and blonde.
2. Which of the following is not included with Pat's new job?
(a) Generous pay.
(b) An expense account.
(c) A meal allowance.
(d) An automobile.
3. What is Bill Hardesty's profession?
(a) Insurance Agent.
(c) Stock broker.
4. What is the name of Pat's prison?
(a) Everwood State Reformatory.
(b) Springwater State Reformatory.
(c) Sandstone State Reformatory.
(d) Riverdale State Reformatory.
5. Where do Pat and Doc eat lunch in Chapter 7?
(a) A taco stand.
(b) The roadhouse diner.
(c) A cafe.
(d) In the Capitol building cafeteria.
6. What does Pat do to Lila in Chapter 15?
(a) Pat pushes Lila out of the room.
(b) Pat slaps Lila.
(c) Pat fixes her hair.
(d) Pat flirts with Lila.
7. What do Madeline and Pat do together while he visits her at her apartment?
8. What does Pat wonder about Doc?
(a) What Doc sees in Lila.
(b) Doc's age.
(c) Why Doc arranged for Pat's parole.
(d) Why Doc is so mean to Pat.
9. What does Doc buy for Pat in Capitol City?
10. Where does Pat visit Madeline in Chapter 11?
(a) At Madeline's apartment.
(b) At Pat's apartment.
(c) The Capitol building.
(d) At a coffee shop.
11. How many years has Pat been incarcerated?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Eleven years.
(d) Fifteen years.
12. To where does Lila follow Pat?
(a) To a hotel.
(b) To the attic.
(c) Into his apartment.
(d) To a restaurant.
13. What job did Doc hold long ago?
(a) Professor of Sociology.
(b) Professor of Psychology.
(c) Professor of Philosophy.
(d) Professor of Physics.
14. What does Pat notice about the downtown of Capitol City?
(a) It has become more upscale.
(b) It is full of new buildings.
(c) It has become slum-like.
(d) It has hardly changed.
15. Who is Willie?
(a) A servant.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) Another tenant.
(d) The mailman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Pat a job?
2. Who issued Pat's parole?
3. Whom does Pat meet with in Capitol City?
4. What does Myrtle question Pat about?
5. What does Pat contemplate while at the diner?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)