|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madeline take from Doc's car?
(a) A parking permit.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A file folder.
(d) A newspaper.
2. Who follows Pat out of town with Myrtle?
(b) A policeman.
(d) Governor Clay.
3. Who offers Pat a job?
(a) Doc Luther.
(b) Lila Luther.
(c) No one.
(d) Madeline Flournoy.
4. Where is the job Senator Burkman promises for Pat?
(a) Parks and Recreation.
(b) Highway Commission.
(c) Water Works.
(d) Waste Management.
5. What does Lila's pregnancy prevent her from doing?
(a) Finishing school.
(b) Working for Doc.
(c) Traveling abroad.
(d) Joining a country club.
6. To where does Lila follow Pat?
(a) Into his apartment.
(b) To a restaurant.
(c) To a hotel.
(d) To the attic.
7. What does Hardesty tell Pat about the nature of Doc's plan?
(a) It will make international news.
(b) It will involve a sensational disclosure to the media.
(c) It will cost a great deal of money to carry out.
(d) Doc has been planning it for a decade.
8. Where did Pat think he was going to work?
(a) Freidman and Garbo Law Office.
(b) ABC English School for Boys.
(c) Luther Psychological Clinic.
(d) Mr.Smile's Cosmetic Dentistry.
9. What does Myrtle question Pat about?
(a) A car purchased in his name.
(b) An apartment rented in his name.
(c) A bank account opened in his name.
(d) A police report about him.
10. Which of the following is not included with Pat's new job?
(a) Generous pay.
(b) A meal allowance.
(c) An expense account.
(d) An automobile.
11. At the apartment, whom does Doc introduce to Pat?
(a) Madeline Flournoy.
(b) Myrtle Briscoe.
(c) Lila Luther.
(d) Senator Burkman.
12. How many years has Pat been incarcerated?
(a) Two years.
(b) Eleven years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fifteen years.
13. Who supposedly bought the car in Pat's name?
(a) Pat's wife.
(b) Pat's mistress.
(c) Pat's boss.
(d) Pat's father.
14. What does Pat do to Lila in Chapter 15?
(a) Pat flirts with Lila.
(b) Pat fixes her hair.
(c) Pat pushes Lila out of the room.
(d) Pat slaps Lila.
15. What does Pat give to Doc in Chapter 4?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A wad of cash.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A scarf.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Myrtle kept her position for so long?
2. Who is Willie?
3. What is Bill Hardesty's profession?
4. After the run-in with Madeline, what does Doc tell Pat on the drive to the house?
5. What does Pat notice about Lila?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)