|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Madeline and Pat do together while he visits her at her apartment?
2. Why is Pat ineligible for parole?
(a) Pat does not have a sponsor.
(b) Pat has a life sentence.
(c) Pat behaved badly in prison.
(d) He is too dangerous.
3. What does Pat reveal on his body to Madeline and the parole officer?
(a) A birthmark.
(c) An artificial limb.
4. How does Lila react to Doc ordering her to leave the room?
(a) Lila flings her drink in Doc's face.
(b) Lila slaps Doc.
(c) Lila leaves in silence.
(d) Lila breaks a mirror.
5. What job did Doc hold long ago?
(a) Professor of Physics.
(b) Professor of Sociology.
(c) Professor of Psychology.
(d) Professor of Philosophy.
6. Who supposedly bought the car in Pat's name?
(a) Pat's father.
(b) Pat's mistress.
(c) Pat's boss.
(d) Pat's wife.
7. What is threatening Pat's situation with Doc?
(a) Pat's relationship with Madeline.
(b) Lila's flirting.
(c) Pat's new job.
(d) Pat's parole officer.
8. Where do Pat and Doc eat lunch in Chapter 7?
(a) In the Capitol building cafeteria.
(b) A taco stand.
(c) A cafe.
(d) The roadhouse diner.
9. Who did Pat have a conversation with outside the bank?
(a) The town judge.
(b) The police chief.
(c) Pat's mother.
(d) The bank manager.
10. What does Pat notice about the downtown of Capitol City?
(a) It has hardly changed.
(b) It has become more upscale.
(c) It has become slum-like.
(d) It is full of new buildings.
11. What does Pat notice about the Capitol building?
(a) The building is in disrepair.
(b) The building is modern.
(c) The building is confusing.
(d) The building is under construction.
12. What does Myrtle question Pat about?
(a) An apartment rented in his name.
(b) A police report about him.
(c) A car purchased in his name.
(d) A bank account opened in his name.
13. Where do Pat and Doc stop for lunch?
(a) A roadhouse diner.
(b) A cafe.
(c) The food court of a mall.
(d) A fast food restaurant.
14. What does Pat contemplate while at the diner?
(a) Urban sprawl.
(b) The recession.
(c) Ecological destruction.
(d) Social corruption.
15. Who peeks in on Pat and Lila in the bedroom?
(d) Senator Burkman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pat Cosgrove go to jail for?
2. What does Pat realize at the end of Chapter 11?
3. Who offers Pat a job?
4. How does Myrtle feel about Doc?
5. How has Myrtle kept her position for so long?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)