|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Doc steal from the school safe?
(a) Bake sale profits.
(b) Property deeds.
(c) Scholarship money.
(d) Tuition receipts.
2. Where is the job Senator Burkman promises for Pat?
(a) Highway Commission.
(b) Parks and Recreation.
(c) Waste Management.
(d) Water Works.
3. What is Pat's initial reaction toward Madeline?
4. What does Doc question Pat about?
(a) Whom Pat met at the house.
(b) How Pat intends to spend his money.
(c) Pat's time in jail.
(d) His conversation with Bill.
5. Who occupies the lower apartments of the house?
(a) Doc and Lila.
(b) Senator Burkman and his children.
(c) Madeline and Willie.
(d) Governor Clay and Myrtle Briscoe.
6. What does Pat reveal on his body to Madeline and the parole officer?
(a) An artificial limb.
(b) A birthmark.
7. To where does Lila follow Pat?
(a) To the attic.
(b) To a hotel.
(c) Into his apartment.
(d) To a restaurant.
8. What does the parole officer catch Pat doing?
(b) Drinking alcohol.
(c) Breaking the terms of his parole.
(d) Kissing Madeline.
9. What does Pat do when he sees Madeline for the first time?
(a) Pat asks her for directions.
(b) Pat introduces himself.
(c) Pat follows her.
(d) Pat ignores her.
10. For what reason does Doc argue with the man in Chapter 4?
(a) The man owes Doc money.
(b) The man gave Doc a parking ticket.
(c) The man has been overly flirtatious with Lila.
(d) The man rear-ended his car.
11. What does Pat wonder about Doc?
(a) Doc's age.
(b) Why Doc is so mean to Pat.
(c) What Doc sees in Lila.
(d) Why Doc arranged for Pat's parole.
12. What does Doc buy for Pat in Capitol City?
13. What does Pat tell Madeline in Chapter 11?
(a) That Pat doesn't like her.
(b) That Doc warned Pat not to go near Madeline.
(c) Pat's life story.
(d) That Pat is an ex-con.
14. What does Pat remove as he talks to the parole officer?
(a) His pants.
(b) His hat.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His shirt.
15. What did Pat intend to do at the bank before he robbed it?
(a) Make a withdrawal.
(b) Ask out one of the tellers.
(c) Cash a check.
(d) Make a deposit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Myrtle tell Pat he is becoming involved in?
2. What happened to Lila's baby?
3. Whose advice does Lila appear to respond to?
4. Where did Pat grow up?
5. Where did Pat think he was going to work?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)