|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has Pat been incarcerated?
(a) Eleven years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Twenty years.
2. Which description best suits Doc?
(a) Overweight with a soft voice.
(b) Red curly hair and a wild mustache.
(c) Thin with a face of freckles.
(d) Salt and pepper hair and rosy cheeks.
3. Where is the job Senator Burkman promises for Pat?
(a) Waste Management.
(b) Water Works.
(c) Parks and Recreation.
(d) Highway Commission.
4. What does Pat reveal on his body to Madeline and the parole officer?
(a) A birthmark.
(c) An artificial limb.
5. According to Pat's estimation, how old is Doc?
(a) Roughly sixty-five years old.
(b) About fifty years old.
(c) Around forty years old.
(d) Somewhere between thirty and forty years old.
6. Where did Pat think he was going to work?
(a) Freidman and Garbo Law Office.
(b) Mr.Smile's Cosmetic Dentistry.
(c) Luther Psychological Clinic.
(d) ABC English School for Boys.
7. To where does Lila follow Pat?
(a) To the attic.
(b) To a restaurant.
(c) To a hotel.
(d) Into his apartment.
8. Who peeks in on Pat and Lila in the bedroom?
(a) Senator Burkman.
9. What does Doc buy for Pat in Capitol City?
10. What do Madeline and Pat do together while he visits her at her apartment?
11. What is Bill Hardesty's profession?
(a) Insurance Agent.
(c) Stock broker.
12. At the diner, what does Doc promise to do for Pat?
(a) Find Pat a job.
(b) Plan a fishing trip.
(c) Buy Pat a puppy.
(d) Teach him Japanese.
13. What job did Doc hold long ago?
(a) Professor of Psychology.
(b) Professor of Physics.
(c) Professor of Sociology.
(d) Professor of Philosophy.
14. What does Pat remove as he talks to the parole officer?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His shoes.
(c) His hat.
(d) His pants.
15. What happened to Lila's baby?
(a) The baby is being raised by Lila's parents.
(b) The baby was stillborn.
(c) Lila miscarried.
(d) The baby was adopted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madeline recount her life story to Pat?
2. Whose advice does Lila appear to respond to?
3. What month is it in Chapter 15?
4. Where did Pat grow up?
5. How does Lila make Doc jealous?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)