|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the diner, what does Doc promise to do for Pat?
(a) Teach him Japanese.
(b) Find Pat a job.
(c) Buy Pat a puppy.
(d) Plan a fishing trip.
2. What do Madeline and Pat do together while he visits her at her apartment?
3. Why, in spite of his past, is Doc in influential circles?
(a) He knows many secrets about important people.
(b) No one has found out about his past.
(c) People are forgiving.
(d) He has bribed people.
4. What does Lila's pregnancy prevent her from doing?
(a) Joining a country club.
(b) Working for Doc.
(c) Traveling abroad.
(d) Finishing school.
5. What is Bill Hardesty's profession?
(a) Stock broker.
(c) Insurance Agent.
6. How many years has Pat been incarcerated?
(a) Two years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Eleven years.
(d) Twenty years.
7. What job did Doc hold long ago?
(a) Professor of Physics.
(b) Professor of Psychology.
(c) Professor of Philosophy.
(d) Professor of Sociology.
8. How old is Pat?
(a) Thirty-nine years old.
(b) Forty-one years old.
(c) Twenty-seven years old.
(d) Thirty-three years old.
9. Who did Pat have a conversation with outside the bank?
(a) The bank manager.
(b) The police chief.
(c) The town judge.
(d) Pat's mother.
10. When does Doc take Pat downtown?
(b) Late afternoon.
(c) At lunchtime.
(d) In the morning.
11. What does Hardesty tell Pat about the nature of Doc's plan?
(a) It will involve a sensational disclosure to the media.
(b) It will cost a great deal of money to carry out.
(c) It will make international news.
(d) Doc has been planning it for a decade.
12. What month is it in Chapter 15?
13. What does Pat do when he sees Madeline for the first time?
(a) Pat ignores her.
(b) Pat introduces himself.
(c) Pat follows her.
(d) Pat asks her for directions.
14. What does Myrtle question Pat about?
(a) A car purchased in his name.
(b) A bank account opened in his name.
(c) A police report about him.
(d) An apartment rented in his name.
15. After Doc picks Pat up from prison, where do they drive towards?
(a) Capital City.
(b) Sin City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is threatening Pat's situation with Doc?
2. What does Doc buy for Pat in Capitol City?
3. What does Pat realize at the end of Chapter 11?
4. What is the name of Pat's prison?
5. Where do Pat and Doc stop for lunch?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)