|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat do to Lila in Chapter 15?
(a) Pat slaps Lila.
(b) Pat flirts with Lila.
(c) Pat fixes her hair.
(d) Pat pushes Lila out of the room.
2. After questioning Pat, what does Doc determine?
(a) Pat has a vivid imagination.
(b) Pat is very polite.
(c) Pat has an excellent memory.
(d) Pat is a terrible liar.
3. Who is Willie?
(a) A servant.
(b) Another tenant.
(c) The mailman.
(d) The neighbor.
4. Which of the following is not included with Pat's new job?
(a) A meal allowance.
(b) Generous pay.
(c) An expense account.
(d) An automobile.
5. What do Madeline and Pat do together while he visits her at her apartment?
6. Where is the job Senator Burkman promises for Pat?
(a) Waste Management.
(b) Parks and Recreation.
(c) Highway Commission.
(d) Water Works.
7. What job did Doc hold long ago?
(a) Professor of Sociology.
(b) Professor of Psychology.
(c) Professor of Philosophy.
(d) Professor of Physics.
8. What does Lila Luther look like?
(a) Tall, slender, and blonde.
(b) Short, round, and brunette.
(c) Pale, statuesque, and freckly.
(d) Thin, with red hair, and glasses.
9. What does Madeline take from Doc's car?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A file folder.
(c) A parking permit.
(d) A newspaper.
10. Why, in spite of his past, is Doc in influential circles?
(a) People are forgiving.
(b) He has bribed people.
(c) He knows many secrets about important people.
(d) No one has found out about his past.
11. What is the name of Pat's prison?
(a) Everwood State Reformatory.
(b) Riverdale State Reformatory.
(c) Springwater State Reformatory.
(d) Sandstone State Reformatory.
12. How old is Pat?
(a) Thirty-nine years old.
(b) Forty-one years old.
(c) Twenty-seven years old.
(d) Thirty-three years old.
13. What does Pat give to Doc in Chapter 4?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A wad of cash.
14. What is threatening Pat's situation with Doc?
(a) Lila's flirting.
(b) Pat's parole officer.
(c) Pat's new job.
(d) Pat's relationship with Madeline.
15. What does Hardesty tell Pat about the nature of Doc's plan?
(a) It will make international news.
(b) Doc has been planning it for a decade.
(c) It will involve a sensational disclosure to the media.
(d) It will cost a great deal of money to carry out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Pat's initial reaction toward Madeline?
2. Who supposedly bought the car in Pat's name?
3. As of Chapter 13, how long has Pat been out of prison?
4. How does Lila explain the purchase of the car?
5. What does Doc buy for Pat in Capitol City?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)