|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Doc steal from the school safe?
(a) Tuition receipts.
(b) Bake sale profits.
(c) Scholarship money.
(d) Property deeds.
2. What do Pat and Madeline promise to do?
(a) Never speak again.
(b) Tell Doc about their relationship.
(c) Meet for lunch the following day.
(d) Look out for each other.
3. What is Pat's initial reaction toward Madeline?
4. Why does Myrtle believe Pat was paroled?
(a) So that Pat could be recruited for organized crime.
(b) To make Governor Clay look good.
(c) In order to discredit her in the election.
(d) To alleviate crowding at the prison.
5. What does Myrtle question Pat about?
(a) A car purchased in his name.
(b) A bank account opened in his name.
(c) An apartment rented in his name.
(d) A police report about him.
6. What does Pat notice about the Capitol building?
(a) The building is modern.
(b) The building is in disrepair.
(c) The building is under construction.
(d) The building is confusing.
7. Which description best suits Doc?
(a) Salt and pepper hair and rosy cheeks.
(b) Overweight with a soft voice.
(c) Red curly hair and a wild mustache.
(d) Thin with a face of freckles.
8. How many years has Pat been incarcerated?
(a) Two years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Eleven years.
9. What month is it in Chapter 15?
10. When Doc introduces Madeline to Pat what does he say she is?
(a) His ex-girlfriend.
(b) His colleague.
(c) His sister.
(d) A secretary.
11. For what reason does Doc argue with the man in Chapter 4?
(a) The man gave Doc a parking ticket.
(b) The man owes Doc money.
(c) The man rear-ended his car.
(d) The man has been overly flirtatious with Lila.
12. Why, in spite of his past, is Doc in influential circles?
(a) No one has found out about his past.
(b) He knows many secrets about important people.
(c) He has bribed people.
(d) People are forgiving.
13. Who is Willie?
(a) Another tenant.
(b) A servant.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) The mailman.
14. What did Pat intend to do at the bank before he robbed it?
(a) Cash a check.
(b) Make a withdrawal.
(c) Ask out one of the tellers.
(d) Make a deposit.
15. When does Doc take Pat downtown?
(b) In the morning.
(c) At lunchtime.
(d) Late afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Doc picks Pat up from prison, where do they drive towards?
2. Who issued Pat's parole?
3. Who occupies the lower apartments of the house?
4. After questioning Pat, what does Doc determine?
5. When Pat revisits the diner, where does he sit?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)