|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Myrtle tell Pat he is becoming involved in?
(a) Something that is life changing.
(b) Something that is politically dangerous.
(c) The greatest opportunity of his life.
(d) Something that likely is illegal.
2. What is threatening Pat's situation with Doc?
(a) Lila's flirting.
(b) Pat's parole officer.
(c) Pat's relationship with Madeline.
(d) Pat's new job.
3. Why, in spite of his past, is Doc in influential circles?
(a) He has bribed people.
(b) People are forgiving.
(c) No one has found out about his past.
(d) He knows many secrets about important people.
4. What does Pat realize about his new job?
(a) He is overqualified.
(b) He will enjoy it.
(c) It will be a challenge.
(d) He will receive money for doing no real work.
5. What happens between Pat and Madeline at Doc's car?
(a) They tussle.
(b) They kiss.
(c) They wait for Doc.
(d) They exchange phone numbers.
6. As of Chapter 13, how long has Pat been out of prison?
(a) One week.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) Two and a half weeks.
7. How has Myrtle kept her position for so long?
(a) She is corrupt.
(b) She buys votes.
(c) She is honest.
(d) She is lucky.
8. How does Madeline recount her life story to Pat?
9. When does Doc take Pat downtown?
(a) Late afternoon.
(b) At lunchtime.
(c) In the morning.
10. Who did Pat have a conversation with outside the bank?
(a) The bank manager.
(b) The police chief.
(c) Pat's mother.
(d) The town judge.
11. Who follows Pat out of town with Myrtle?
(a) Governor Clay.
(b) A policeman.
12. What does the house where Doc and Pat live look like?
(a) Small and tidy.
(b) Modern and spacious.
(c) Dilapidated and large.
(d) Old and expensive.
13. What does Doc question Pat about?
(a) How Pat intends to spend his money.
(b) His conversation with Bill.
(c) Whom Pat met at the house.
(d) Pat's time in jail.
14. What does Hardesty tell Pat about the nature of Doc's plan?
(a) It will make international news.
(b) Doc has been planning it for a decade.
(c) It will involve a sensational disclosure to the media.
(d) It will cost a great deal of money to carry out.
15. How does Lila explain the purchase of the car?
(a) It is for work.
(b) It is a congratulatory gift.
(c) It is a Christmas present.
(d) It is a birthday surprise.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Lila follow Pat?
2. Where is the job Senator Burkman promises for Pat?
3. Who is Willie?
4. Where do Pat and Doc stop for lunch?
5. How old is Pat?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)