|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat realize at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Someone has sneaked into the apartment.
(b) Madeline is in love with Doc.
(c) Madeline's apartment is messy.
(d) Doc has a twin.
2. Where did Pat think he was going to work?
(a) ABC English School for Boys.
(b) Luther Psychological Clinic.
(c) Mr.Smile's Cosmetic Dentistry.
(d) Freidman and Garbo Law Office.
3. What does Pat remove as he talks to the parole officer?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His hat.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His pants.
4. What do Pat and Madeline promise to do?
(a) Meet for lunch the following day.
(b) Look out for each other.
(c) Never speak again.
(d) Tell Doc about their relationship.
5. What did Pat Cosgrove go to jail for?
(a) Embezzling $825,000.
(b) Killing his brother.
(c) Robbing a bank.
6. When does Doc take Pat downtown?
(a) At lunchtime.
(b) Late afternoon.
(d) In the morning.
7. What does Pat tell Madeline in Chapter 11?
(a) That Pat doesn't like her.
(b) Pat's life story.
(c) That Pat is an ex-con.
(d) That Doc warned Pat not to go near Madeline.
8. What does Lila's pregnancy prevent her from doing?
(a) Finishing school.
(b) Joining a country club.
(c) Traveling abroad.
(d) Working for Doc.
9. According to Pat's estimation, how old is Doc?
(a) Roughly sixty-five years old.
(b) Somewhere between thirty and forty years old.
(c) About fifty years old.
(d) Around forty years old.
10. When Pat revisits the diner, where does he sit?
(a) On a roadside bench.
(b) In his car.
(c) At the counter.
(d) In a dark corner.
11. What is Pat's initial reaction toward Madeline?
12. What does Pat do to Lila in Chapter 15?
(a) Pat flirts with Lila.
(b) Pat pushes Lila out of the room.
(c) Pat fixes her hair.
(d) Pat slaps Lila.
13. Where do Pat and Doc eat lunch in Chapter 7?
(a) The roadhouse diner.
(b) In the Capitol building cafeteria.
(c) A cafe.
(d) A taco stand.
14. Who occupies the lower apartments of the house?
(a) Madeline and Willie.
(b) Doc and Lila.
(c) Senator Burkman and his children.
(d) Governor Clay and Myrtle Briscoe.
15. What does Pat give to Doc in Chapter 4?
(a) A wad of cash.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Willie?
2. What does the house where Doc and Pat live look like?
3. Who issued Pat's parole?
4. What does Pat wonder about Doc?
5. What does Pat give to the parole officer who sneaks into Madeline's apartment ?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)