|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pat hear an argument taking place?
(a) A hardware store.
(b) Doc's car.
(c) A cafe.
(d) At the house.
2. Where do Doc and Pat drive to in Chapter 5?
(a) Senator Burkman's office.
(b) Back home.
(c) The State Capital building.
(d) The public library.
3. To where does Lila follow Pat?
(a) Into his apartment.
(b) To a hotel.
(c) To the attic.
(d) To a restaurant.
4. Who follows Pat out of town with Myrtle?
(b) Governor Clay.
(d) A policeman.
5. What does Pat remove as he talks to the parole officer?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His hat.
(c) His pants.
(d) His shoes.
6. What does Pat claim as he leaves Lila's bedroom?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He has a headache.
(c) He feels sick.
(d) He has an appointment.
7. How has Myrtle kept her position for so long?
(a) She is honest.
(b) She buys votes.
(c) She is corrupt.
(d) She is lucky.
8. Where does Pat visit Madeline in Chapter 11?
(a) At Madeline's apartment.
(b) At a coffee shop.
(c) At Pat's apartment.
(d) The Capitol building.
9. What does Doc question Pat about?
(a) His conversation with Bill.
(b) Pat's time in jail.
(c) How Pat intends to spend his money.
(d) Whom Pat met at the house.
10. When Doc introduces Madeline to Pat what does he say she is?
(a) His sister.
(b) A secretary.
(c) His colleague.
(d) His ex-girlfriend.
11. Why does Myrtle believe Pat was paroled?
(a) So that Pat could be recruited for organized crime.
(b) To make Governor Clay look good.
(c) To alleviate crowding at the prison.
(d) In order to discredit her in the election.
12. What do Pat and Madeline promise to do?
(a) Never speak again.
(b) Tell Doc about their relationship.
(c) Meet for lunch the following day.
(d) Look out for each other.
13. What does Madeline take from Doc's car?
(a) A parking permit.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A file folder.
14. What does Lila's pregnancy prevent her from doing?
(a) Working for Doc.
(b) Finishing school.
(c) Joining a country club.
(d) Traveling abroad.
15. What does Myrtle tell Pat he is becoming involved in?
(a) The greatest opportunity of his life.
(b) Something that is life changing.
(c) Something that likely is illegal.
(d) Something that is politically dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the job Senator Burkman promises for Pat?
2. What did Pat Cosgrove go to jail for?
3. Where do Pat and Doc eat lunch in Chapter 7?
4. Where did Pat grow up?
5. What does Pat notice about the downtown of Capitol City?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)