|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Lila follow Pat?
(a) To a restaurant.
(b) To a hotel.
(c) Into his apartment.
(d) To the attic.
2. What is Pat's initial reaction toward Madeline?
3. Who peeks in on Pat and Lila in the bedroom?
(d) Senator Burkman.
4. What does the house where Doc and Pat live look like?
(a) Dilapidated and large.
(b) Small and tidy.
(c) Old and expensive.
(d) Modern and spacious.
5. What does Pat give to the parole officer who sneaks into Madeline's apartment ?
(a) A severe beating.
(c) His shirt.
(d) A watch.
6. As of Chapter 13, how long has Pat been out of prison?
(a) One week.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) Two and a half weeks.
7. What did Doc steal from the school safe?
(a) Scholarship money.
(b) Property deeds.
(c) Bake sale profits.
(d) Tuition receipts.
8. What does Pat do when he sees Madeline for the first time?
(a) Pat ignores her.
(b) Pat follows her.
(c) Pat introduces himself.
(d) Pat asks her for directions.
9. How does Lila explain the purchase of the car?
(a) It is a birthday surprise.
(b) It is for work.
(c) It is a Christmas present.
(d) It is a congratulatory gift.
10. What does the parole officer catch Pat doing?
(b) Drinking alcohol.
(c) Kissing Madeline.
(d) Breaking the terms of his parole.
11. How has Myrtle kept her position for so long?
(a) She is lucky.
(b) She is honest.
(c) She buys votes.
(d) She is corrupt.
12. Who follows Pat out of town with Myrtle?
(a) Governor Clay.
(d) A policeman.
13. Where do Pat and Doc stop for lunch?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A roadhouse diner.
(c) A fast food restaurant.
(d) The food court of a mall.
14. What does Myrtle tell Pat he is becoming involved in?
(a) Something that likely is illegal.
(b) Something that is life changing.
(c) Something that is politically dangerous.
(d) The greatest opportunity of his life.
15. What does Doc question Pat about?
(a) Whom Pat met at the house.
(b) How Pat intends to spend his money.
(c) His conversation with Bill.
(d) Pat's time in jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Doc hold long ago?
2. What does Lila Luther look like?
3. After questioning Pat, what does Doc determine?
4. What does the parole officer want in exchange for keeping quiet about what he saw?
5. Which of the following is not included with Pat's new job?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)