|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As of Chapter 13, how long has Pat been out of prison?
(a) One week.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two and a half weeks.
(d) One month.
2. What does Pat reveal on his body to Madeline and the parole officer?
(b) An artificial limb.
(c) A birthmark.
3. What does Pat claim as he leaves Lila's bedroom?
(a) He feels sick.
(b) He has an appointment.
(c) He has a headache.
(d) He is tired.
4. What did Doc steal from the school safe?
(a) Scholarship money.
(b) Tuition receipts.
(c) Property deeds.
(d) Bake sale profits.
5. What does Pat tell Madeline in Chapter 11?
(a) That Pat doesn't like her.
(b) Pat's life story.
(c) That Pat is an ex-con.
(d) That Doc warned Pat not to go near Madeline.
6. Who peeks in on Pat and Lila in the bedroom?
(b) Senator Burkman.
7. How long has Myrtle served as the Commissioner of Corrections?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
8. What does Myrtle question Pat about?
(a) A car purchased in his name.
(b) A bank account opened in his name.
(c) An apartment rented in his name.
(d) A police report about him.
9. Where do Pat and Doc eat lunch in Chapter 7?
(a) A cafe.
(b) In the Capitol building cafeteria.
(c) A taco stand.
(d) The roadhouse diner.
10. To where does Lila follow Pat?
(a) Into his apartment.
(b) To the attic.
(c) To a restaurant.
(d) To a hotel.
11. Who issued Pat's parole?
(a) Myrtle Briscoe.
(b) Governor Clay.
(c) Doc Luther.
(d) Senator Burkman.
12. What did Pat intend to do at the bank before he robbed it?
(a) Cash a check.
(b) Ask out one of the tellers.
(c) Make a deposit.
(d) Make a withdrawal.
13. What does Pat realize about his new job?
(a) It will be a challenge.
(b) He will receive money for doing no real work.
(c) He will enjoy it.
(d) He is overqualified.
14. What happens between Pat and Madeline at Doc's car?
(a) They exchange phone numbers.
(b) They wait for Doc.
(c) They tussle.
(d) They kiss.
15. What does the parole officer catch Pat doing?
(a) Drinking alcohol.
(b) Kissing Madeline.
(d) Breaking the terms of his parole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows Pat out of town with Myrtle?
2. When Pat revisits the diner, where does he sit?
3. Which of the following is not included with Pat's new job?
4. What does Pat notice about the downtown of Capitol City?
5. How does Myrtle feel about Doc?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)