|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madeline take from Doc's car?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A parking permit.
(c) A file folder.
(d) A newspaper.
2. What does Pat claim as he leaves Lila's bedroom?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He has an appointment.
(c) He feels sick.
(d) He has a headache.
3. What does Doc buy for Pat in Capitol City?
4. What color is Myrtle's hair?
5. When does Doc take Pat downtown?
(a) At lunchtime.
(c) In the morning.
(d) Late afternoon.
6. As of Chapter 13, how long has Pat been out of prison?
(a) Two and a half weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One week.
7. After questioning Pat, what does Doc determine?
(a) Pat has a vivid imagination.
(b) Pat has an excellent memory.
(c) Pat is very polite.
(d) Pat is a terrible liar.
8. According to Pat's estimation, how old is Doc?
(a) Around forty years old.
(b) About fifty years old.
(c) Roughly sixty-five years old.
(d) Somewhere between thirty and forty years old.
9. How does Lila make Doc jealous?
(a) Lila eats whatever she wants.
(b) Lila spends too much time with her friends.
(c) Lila flirts with other men.
(d) Lila wears revealing clothing.
10. Who did Pat have a conversation with outside the bank?
(a) The bank manager.
(b) Pat's mother.
(c) The town judge.
(d) The police chief.
11. What has Lila inherited?
(b) A car.
(c) A yacht.
(d) An estate.
12. What is Pat's initial reaction toward Madeline?
13. How has Myrtle kept her position for so long?
(a) She buys votes.
(b) She is lucky.
(c) She is honest.
(d) She is corrupt.
14. Who is Willie?
(a) The mailman.
(b) A servant.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) Another tenant.
15. What does Hardesty hint about the plan?
(a) It will land Doc in jail.
(b) It is not well conceived.
(c) It will make Pat rich.
(d) It will involve Pat going back to prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pat Cosgrove go to jail for?
2. What happened to Lila's baby?
3. What does Pat give to the parole officer who sneaks into Madeline's apartment ?
4. What does Pat spend a few days wondering about?
5. After Doc picks Pat up from prison, where do they drive towards?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)