|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Myrtle feel about Doc?
(a) He is a corrupting influence.
(b) He is a respectable gentleman.
(c) He is her political ally.
(d) He is a suspicious man.
2. What does Pat notice about the Capitol building?
(a) The building is confusing.
(b) The building is modern.
(c) The building is under construction.
(d) The building is in disrepair.
3. What does Pat do to Lila in Chapter 15?
(a) Pat fixes her hair.
(b) Pat flirts with Lila.
(c) Pat pushes Lila out of the room.
(d) Pat slaps Lila.
4. Whom does Pat meet with in Capitol City?
(a) Bill Hardesty.
(b) Myrtle Briscoe.
(c) Rita Kennedy.
(d) Senator Burkman.
5. Where do Doc and Pat visit Myrtle?
(a) At the roadhouse diner.
(b) At her apartment.
(c) At Governor Clay's office.
(d) At the capital.
6. What does the parole officer want in exchange for keeping quiet about what he saw?
(b) A car.
(c) Pat's watch.
(d) A date with Madeline.
7. Where do Pat and Doc eat lunch in Chapter 7?
(a) The roadhouse diner.
(b) In the Capitol building cafeteria.
(c) A taco stand.
(d) A cafe.
8. Who peeks in on Pat and Lila in the bedroom?
(a) Senator Burkman.
9. How does Lila make Pat feel uncomfortable?
(a) Lila talks about her money problems.
(b) Lila makes a pass at him.
(c) Lila wears revealing clothing.
(d) Lila talks about her marital problems.
10. How old is Pat?
(a) Twenty-seven years old.
(b) Forty-one years old.
(c) Thirty-nine years old.
(d) Thirty-three years old.
11. What is the name of Pat's prison?
(a) Riverdale State Reformatory.
(b) Everwood State Reformatory.
(c) Springwater State Reformatory.
(d) Sandstone State Reformatory.
12. Who did Pat have a conversation with outside the bank?
(a) Pat's mother.
(b) The town judge.
(c) The police chief.
(d) The bank manager.
13. What does Pat give to Doc in Chapter 4?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A wad of cash.
14. What did Doc steal from the school safe?
(a) Property deeds.
(b) Tuition receipts.
(c) Bake sale profits.
(d) Scholarship money.
15. Who supposedly bought the car in Pat's name?
(a) Pat's mistress.
(b) Pat's boss.
(c) Pat's wife.
(d) Pat's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the parole officer catch Pat doing?
2. Who follows Pat out of town with Myrtle?
3. How does Lila explain the purchase of the car?
4. To where does Lila follow Pat?
5. Where do Pat and Doc stop for lunch?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)