|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pat do to Lila in Chapter 15?
(a) Pat fixes her hair.
(b) Pat pushes Lila out of the room.
(c) Pat slaps Lila.
(d) Pat flirts with Lila.
2. How does Myrtle feel about Doc?
(a) He is her political ally.
(b) He is a suspicious man.
(c) He is a respectable gentleman.
(d) He is a corrupting influence.
3. Where did Pat think he was going to work?
(a) Luther Psychological Clinic.
(b) Mr.Smile's Cosmetic Dentistry.
(c) ABC English School for Boys.
(d) Freidman and Garbo Law Office.
4. Whose advice does Lila appear to respond to?
(c) Bill Hardesty's.
5. After questioning Pat, what does Doc determine?
(a) Pat is very polite.
(b) Pat has a vivid imagination.
(c) Pat is a terrible liar.
(d) Pat has an excellent memory.
6. Who occupies the lower apartments of the house?
(a) Governor Clay and Myrtle Briscoe.
(b) Senator Burkman and his children.
(c) Madeline and Willie.
(d) Doc and Lila.
7. As of Chapter 13, how long has Pat been out of prison?
(a) One week.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) Two and a half weeks.
8. Where do Pat and Doc eat lunch in Chapter 7?
(a) In the Capitol building cafeteria.
(b) A taco stand.
(c) A cafe.
(d) The roadhouse diner.
9. What did Doc steal from the school safe?
(a) Property deeds.
(b) Tuition receipts.
(c) Scholarship money.
(d) Bake sale profits.
10. To where does Lila follow Pat?
(a) To the attic.
(b) To a restaurant.
(c) To a hotel.
(d) Into his apartment.
11. What does Pat claim as he leaves Lila's bedroom?
(a) He has a headache.
(b) He is tired.
(c) He feels sick.
(d) He has an appointment.
12. Why does Myrtle believe Pat was paroled?
(a) To alleviate crowding at the prison.
(b) To make Governor Clay look good.
(c) In order to discredit her in the election.
(d) So that Pat could be recruited for organized crime.
13. What did Pat intend to do at the bank before he robbed it?
(a) Make a deposit.
(b) Make a withdrawal.
(c) Cash a check.
(d) Ask out one of the tellers.
14. Which description best suits Doc?
(a) Red curly hair and a wild mustache.
(b) Thin with a face of freckles.
(c) Overweight with a soft voice.
(d) Salt and pepper hair and rosy cheeks.
15. At the apartment, whom does Doc introduce to Pat?
(a) Senator Burkman.
(b) Myrtle Briscoe.
(c) Madeline Flournoy.
(d) Lila Luther.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Doc hold long ago?
2. For what reason does Doc argue with the man in Chapter 4?
3. What do Pat and Madeline promise to do?
4. What does Pat do when he sees Madeline for the first time?
5. How many years has Pat been incarcerated?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)