|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the house where Doc and Pat live look like?
(a) Dilapidated and large.
(b) Small and tidy.
(c) Old and expensive.
(d) Modern and spacious.
2. Where do Doc and Pat drive to in Chapter 5?
(a) Back home.
(b) Senator Burkman's office.
(c) The State Capital building.
(d) The public library.
3. How does Myrtle feel about Doc?
(a) He is a corrupting influence.
(b) He is a respectable gentleman.
(c) He is a suspicious man.
(d) He is her political ally.
4. What does Lila Luther look like?
(a) Thin, with red hair, and glasses.
(b) Tall, slender, and blonde.
(c) Short, round, and brunette.
(d) Pale, statuesque, and freckly.
5. What job did Doc hold long ago?
(a) Professor of Psychology.
(b) Professor of Physics.
(c) Professor of Philosophy.
(d) Professor of Sociology.
6. What does Doc buy for Pat in Capitol City?
7. How has Myrtle kept her position for so long?
(a) She is lucky.
(b) She buys votes.
(c) She is corrupt.
(d) She is honest.
8. Who is Willie?
(a) Another tenant.
(b) A servant.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) The mailman.
9. When does Doc take Pat downtown?
(a) At lunchtime.
(b) Late afternoon.
(d) In the morning.
10. After Doc picks Pat up from prison, where do they drive towards?
(b) Sin City.
(c) Capital City.
11. What does Pat claim as he leaves Lila's bedroom?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He feels sick.
(c) He has an appointment.
(d) He has a headache.
12. Where did Pat think he was going to work?
(a) Luther Psychological Clinic.
(b) Mr.Smile's Cosmetic Dentistry.
(c) Freidman and Garbo Law Office.
(d) ABC English School for Boys.
13. Who issued Pat's parole?
(a) Myrtle Briscoe.
(b) Governor Clay.
(c) Doc Luther.
(d) Senator Burkman.
14. What is the name of Pat's prison?
(a) Riverdale State Reformatory.
(b) Springwater State Reformatory.
(c) Sandstone State Reformatory.
(d) Everwood State Reformatory.
15. What does Pat spend a few days wondering about?
(a) How to find a better job.
(b) How to confess his feelings to Madeline.
(c) How to extricate himself from Doc's plans.
(d) How to avoid Lila.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Madeline recount her life story to Pat?
2. How does Lila explain the purchase of the car?
3. What does Hardesty hint about the plan?
4. Whose advice does Lila appear to respond to?
5. What does Pat notice about the downtown of Capitol City?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)