|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill Hardesty toss to Pat in Chapter 29?
(a) A jacket.
(c) A lucky penny.
(d) A gun.
2. Where is Pat headed when he spots Lila on the side of the road?
(a) Madeline's apartment.
(b) His apartment.
(c) Capitol City.
(d) Eggleston's office.
3. What happens between Pat and Madeline at Doc's car?
(a) They wait for Doc.
(b) They kiss.
(c) They tussle.
(d) They exchange phone numbers.
4. Why does Pat whisper on the phone?
(a) To tell a secret.
(b) To disguise his voice.
(c) To remain undiscovered by the security guard.
(d) To alleviate his sore throat.
5. How has Myrtle kept her position for so long?
(a) She buys votes.
(b) She is honest.
(c) She is corrupt.
(d) She is lucky.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bill Hardesty upset with Doc?
2. How long does Eggleston think about Pat's answers?
3. How does Lila explain the purchase of the car?
4. What is the agreed opinion of Pat's situation?
5. How did Eggleston die?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)