|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the parole officer catch Pat doing?
(a) Drinking alcohol.
(c) Breaking the terms of his parole.
(d) Kissing Madeline.
2. Whom will Doc frame for his supposed murder?
(a) Governor Clay.
(b) Myrtle Briscoe.
(c) Senator Burkman.
3. What does Myrtle tell Pat he is becoming involved in?
(a) The greatest opportunity of his life.
(b) Something that is politically dangerous.
(c) Something that is life changing.
(d) Something that likely is illegal.
4. How has Myrtle kept her position for so long?
(a) She is corrupt.
(b) She is lucky.
(c) She is honest.
(d) She buys votes.
5. What is threatening Pat's situation with Doc?
(a) Pat's relationship with Madeline.
(b) Lila's flirting.
(c) Pat's parole officer.
(d) Pat's new job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hardesty hint about the plan?
2. Whom does Pat decide he can fully trust?
3. How long does Eggleston think about Pat's answers?
4. What does the caller in Chapter 21 apologize for?
5. What is Pat's initial reaction toward Madeline?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)