|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Myrtle believe Pat was paroled?
(a) To alleviate crowding at the prison.
(b) In order to discredit her in the election.
(c) To make Governor Clay look good.
(d) So that Pat could be recruited for organized crime.
2. Relative to the appointed time, when does Pat arrive at Eggleston's office?
(b) Extremely late.
(c) On time.
(d) Five minutes late.
3. What does Doc buy for Pat in Capitol City?
4. Who follows Pat out of town with Myrtle?
(a) Governor Clay.
(d) A policeman.
5. What does Hardesty tell Pat about the nature of Doc's plan?
(a) Doc has been planning it for a decade.
(b) It will cost a great deal of money to carry out.
(c) It will involve a sensational disclosure to the media.
(d) It will make international news.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pat revisits the diner, where does he sit?
2. Why is Pat ineligible for parole?
3. How do the men react to Pat's announcement that Lila is not Doc's wife?
4. What is the first newspaper article about that Pat reads in Chapter 24?
5. What does Doc hope to do by his plan?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)