|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lila explain the purchase of the car?
(a) It is a Christmas present.
(b) It is for work.
(c) It is a birthday surprise.
(d) It is a congratulatory gift.
2. According to Madeline, how was she able to win Pat over?
(a) With her intelligent mind.
(b) With her sweet smile.
(c) With petting and kissing.
(d) With her sensual perfume.
3. What is the first newspaper article about that Pat reads in Chapter 24?
(a) Myrtle's resignation.
(b) Capitol City's deterioration.
(c) Doc's past.
(d) Eggleston's murder.
4. What does Doc buy for Pat in Capitol City?
5. What does Pat notice about Lila?
(a) Her physical perfection.
(b) Her perfectly straight hair.
(c) The mole on her neck.
(d) Her limp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat realize at the end of Chapter 11?
2. What does Pat intend to do at Eggleston's office?
3. When do Pat and Eggleston plan to meet?
4. Whose advice does Lila appear to respond to?
5. What does Madeline suggest that taunts Pat?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)