|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Eggleston die?
(a) Eggleston was suffocated.
(b) Eggleston was strangled.
(c) Eggleston committed suicide.
(d) Eggleston was shot in the head.
2. How has Myrtle kept her position for so long?
(a) She is honest.
(b) She is corrupt.
(c) She buys votes.
(d) She is lucky.
3. What does Pat contemplate while at the diner?
(a) Urban sprawl.
(b) The recession.
(c) Social corruption.
(d) Ecological destruction.
4. How does Lila make Pat feel uncomfortable?
(a) Lila makes a pass at him.
(b) Lila talks about her money problems.
(c) Lila wears revealing clothing.
(d) Lila talks about her marital problems.
5. What does Pat spend a few days wondering about?
(a) How to extricate himself from Doc's plans.
(b) How to avoid Lila.
(c) How to confess his feelings to Madeline.
(d) How to find a better job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first newspaper article about that Pat reads in Chapter 24?
2. Who does Pat visit in Chapter 16?
3. Where did Pat grow up?
4. Who occupies the lower apartments of the house?
5. Where do Doc and Pat visit Myrtle?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)