|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the house where Doc and Pat live look like?
(a) Dilapidated and large.
(b) Old and expensive.
(c) Modern and spacious.
(d) Small and tidy.
2. How does Myrtle feel about Doc?
(a) He is a suspicious man.
(b) He is her political ally.
(c) He is a corrupting influence.
(d) He is a respectable gentleman.
3. Why does Myrtle believe Pat was paroled?
(a) To alleviate crowding at the prison.
(b) So that Pat could be recruited for organized crime.
(c) To make Governor Clay look good.
(d) In order to discredit her in the election.
4. Who offers Pat a job?
(a) Lila Luther.
(b) Madeline Flournoy.
(c) No one.
(d) Doc Luther.
5. For what reason does Doc argue with the man in Chapter 4?
(a) The man rear-ended his car.
(b) The man owes Doc money.
(c) The man has been overly flirtatious with Lila.
(d) The man gave Doc a parking ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lila explain the purchase of the car?
2. How has Myrtle kept her position for so long?
3. What does Eggleston want in exchange for Pat's information?
4. After the run-in with Madeline, what does Doc tell Pat on the drive to the house?
5. Where did Pat grow up?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)