|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Pat and Madeline at Doc's car?
(a) They tussle.
(b) They wait for Doc.
(c) They kiss.
(d) They exchange phone numbers.
2. What does Lila's pregnancy prevent her from doing?
(a) Joining a country club.
(b) Working for Doc.
(c) Finishing school.
(d) Traveling abroad.
3. What does Pat remove as he talks to the parole officer?
(a) His shirt.
(b) His pants.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His hat.
4. Who does Pat believe is using him for their own purposes?
(b) Bill Hardesty.
(c) Myrtle Briscoe.
(d) All of the above.
5. Why is Pat ineligible for parole?
(a) Pat behaved badly in prison.
(b) He is too dangerous.
(c) Pat has a life sentence.
(d) Pat does not have a sponsor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lila explain the purchase of the car?
2. What is Pat offered in exchange for information on Doc?
3. Why, in spite of his past, is Doc in influential circles?
4. After questioning Pat, what does Doc determine?
5. Whose advice does Lila appear to respond to?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)