|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why, in spite of his past, is Doc in influential circles?
(a) No one has found out about his past.
(b) He has bribed people.
(c) He knows many secrets about important people.
(d) People are forgiving.
2. What is Pat's initial reaction toward Madeline?
3. Who occupies the lower apartments of the house?
(a) Doc and Lila.
(b) Madeline and Willie.
(c) Senator Burkman and his children.
(d) Governor Clay and Myrtle Briscoe.
4. What is threatening Pat's situation with Doc?
(a) Pat's new job.
(b) Pat's parole officer.
(c) Lila's flirting.
(d) Pat's relationship with Madeline.
5. Where is the job Senator Burkman promises for Pat?
(a) Highway Commission.
(b) Parks and Recreation.
(c) Water Works.
(d) Waste Management.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Pat think he was going to work?
2. How long has Myrtle served as the Commissioner of Corrections?
3. What did Doc steal from the school safe?
4. How does Madeline recount her life story to Pat?
5. When does Doc take Pat downtown?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)