|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Myrtle kept her position for so long?
(a) She buys votes.
(b) She is corrupt.
(c) She is lucky.
(d) She is honest.
2. How long has Myrtle served as the Commissioner of Corrections?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Thirty years.
3. Where is the job Senator Burkman promises for Pat?
(a) Waste Management.
(b) Parks and Recreation.
(c) Water Works.
(d) Highway Commission.
4. To where does Lila follow Pat?
(a) To a restaurant.
(b) To the attic.
(c) To a hotel.
(d) Into his apartment.
5. After the run-in with Madeline, what does Doc tell Pat on the drive to the house?
(a) The front lawn needs mowing.
(b) His employees are not allowed to fraternize.
(c) He is divorcing his wife.
(d) He is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pat give to Doc in Chapter 4?
2. What does the parole officer want in exchange for keeping quiet about what he saw?
3. Why, in spite of his past, is Doc in influential circles?
4. Who did Pat have a conversation with outside the bank?
5. Where does Pat visit Madeline in Chapter 11?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)