|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Pat and Madeline at Doc's car?
(a) They tussle.
(b) They wait for Doc.
(c) They kiss.
(d) They exchange phone numbers.
2. For what reason does Doc argue with the man in Chapter 4?
(a) The man rear-ended his car.
(b) The man gave Doc a parking ticket.
(c) The man owes Doc money.
(d) The man has been overly flirtatious with Lila.
3. Why does Myrtle believe Pat was paroled?
(a) To alleviate crowding at the prison.
(b) To make Governor Clay look good.
(c) So that Pat could be recruited for organized crime.
(d) In order to discredit her in the election.
4. What does Pat do when he sees Madeline for the first time?
(a) Pat asks her for directions.
(b) Pat introduces himself.
(c) Pat ignores her.
(d) Pat follows her.
5. Why does Pat feel guilty in Chapter 17?
(a) Pat feels guilty for taking public funds without doing any real work.
(b) Pat feels guilty for not going to church.
(c) Pat feels guilty for seeking out a private investigator.
(d) Pat feels guilty for kissing Lila.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not included with Pat's new job?
2. According to Pat, why does Doc act jealous?
3. What does Madeline take from Doc's car?
4. Who follows Pat out of town with Myrtle?
5. What does Pat contemplate while at the diner?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)