|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Myrtle believe Pat was paroled?
(a) To alleviate crowding at the prison.
(b) So that Pat could be recruited for organized crime.
(c) In order to discredit her in the election.
(d) To make Governor Clay look good.
2. What did Pat intend to do at the bank before he robbed it?
(a) Make a deposit.
(b) Ask out one of the tellers.
(c) Cash a check.
(d) Make a withdrawal.
3. Which of the following is not included with Pat's new job?
(a) An automobile.
(b) An expense account.
(c) A meal allowance.
(d) Generous pay.
4. Why does Pat feel guilty in Chapter 17?
(a) Pat feels guilty for kissing Lila.
(b) Pat feels guilty for taking public funds without doing any real work.
(c) Pat feels guilty for not going to church.
(d) Pat feels guilty for seeking out a private investigator.
5. What does Pat contemplate while at the diner?
(a) The recession.
(b) Urban sprawl.
(c) Ecological destruction.
(d) Social corruption.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows Pat out of town with Myrtle?
2. When Pat revisits the diner, where does he sit?
3. Where do Pat and Doc eat lunch in Chapter 7?
4. Where did Pat grow up?
5. What is Pat's initial reaction toward Madeline?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)